Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: What is your stance on Bootleg toys?
They're fun to collect, but never a substitue for the real thing! 289 44.05%
They're fun to collect, but never a substitue for the real thing!
289 44.05%
They're funny, but I'd never buy one. 216 32.93%
They're funny, but I'd never buy one.
216 32.93%
They're taking money away from Bandai! And they're dangerous! 33 5.03%
They're taking money away from Bandai! And they're dangerous!
33 5.03%
My kids won't know the difference. Why buy real toys when these are cheaper? 16 2.44%
My kids won't know the difference. Why buy real toys when these are cheaper?
16 2.44%
Don't really care either way. 102 15.55%
Don't really care either way.
102 15.55%
Votes: 656. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 31st, 2019, 02:20 PM #2421
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Megazord, Dragonzord, Voltron, AND Gundam? I NEED this to be a real thing like NOW!!!!!!
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2019, 02:34 PM #2422
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

AkaDekaFruityBiscuitEtc wrote: View Post

My sister found and sent this to me this morning... I want it.

https://i.imgur.com/jnhvpOQ.png
It's a shameless knock-off that's a chimera...

But screw all that, it looks awesome!
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2019, 03:33 AM #2423
> Red Rock
Power Ranger

Red Rock
Power Ranger

I'm not sure what that is. The writing is in Korean.
Red Rock is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2019, 08:41 AM #2424
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

Got this guy in a few days ago. The interchange robot is actually a very cool idea, what I imagine zordbuilder should have been like. Smaller and more affordable, but with more/better compatibility. Something like a $20-$25 price point at a more intermediate megazord size where they can easily produce more and make more versions. Looked like what they were going for here, with WF and JF. This is the size of a Build-a-figure megazord.

All pics here https://ibb.co/album/gd6vYv

Overall, actually neat and pretty detailed figure and zords. Of course, it is very cheap plastic, but they did surprisingly well with the accuracy, aside from deer zord. I find the cyberkey ankylozord tail sword very amusing, considering the megazord can't hold it. I wanted to get the other one just for the dino zords, but this thing is too cheaply made to warrant another $30 for that. The giraffe helmet pegs on, but of course it broke right away. Bison doesn't transform at all, solid plastic aside from moving head and horns, and condor's megazord head doen't turn around. The pegs where you attach the lion to the bison are surprisingly good, but condor locks too tightly into the lion, so it feels like it's going to break when you pull it out, but so far it hasn't. But the lion does retain the automatic pop up piece on the head (spring-loaded) where the condor attaches.

Didn't mean to do a review here, but this was just too interesting a knock-off for me to pass up on, especially considering all the other versions they have out. Also, got this on Wish, if anyone wants to know.
Oh yeah, and the website showed a yellow-bluish lion, the box shows black lion, but it came with red. Another neat, but cheap thing about these is the legs are made to detach and reattach. I was just able to put the giraffe's back legs on the lion. Condor and Bison are the only ones that can't do that here.

Correction: The bison's legs from the megazord's knees to the bison's front knees are each one solid part that can detach completely and can be posed to make the bison stand, but it looks horribull. Hehe, sorry.

Last edited by Dark storm; April 25th, 2019 at 09:03 AM.
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 09:40 PM #2425
> ZeldaTheSwordsman
Power Ranger

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Power Ranger

I, too, find the Cyber Key weapon amusing. At least they picked an appropriate key for the job!

My Ape, Bear, and Wolf Ninjazords are bootlegs I found at a yard sale, and my Falconzord is a mishmash of parts from a one-winged tailless legit one my dad picked up at a thrift store ages ago and a more intact bootleg from the same yardsale lot. I used the chest and backplate of the bootleg because it's based on the BoJ version and thus has a dummy switch and functioning battery cover. Why yes, I am enough of a nutbar that I plan on rigging it up with DIY electronics, why do you ask?
ZeldaTheSwordsman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 05:06 AM #2426
> Patamon
Digimon of Hope

Patamon
Digimon of Hope

Dark storm wrote: View Post

Got this guy in a few days ago. The interchange robot is actually a very cool idea, what I imagine zordbuilder should have been like. Smaller and more affordable, but with more/better compatibility. Something like a $20-$25 price point at a more intermediate megazord size where they can easily produce more and make more versions. Looked like what they were going for here, with WF and JF. This is the size of a Build-a-figure megazord.

All pics here https://ibb.co/album/gd6vYv
https://i.ibb.co/vwdM2WB/IMG-20190422-153632832.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/vcrXxqy/IMG-20190422-153910094.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/JFxRxr7/IMG-20190422-154724134.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Dw6FPw3/IMG-20190422-155433669.jpg
Overall, actually neat and pretty detailed figure and zords. Of course, it is very cheap plastic, but they did surprisingly well with the accuracy, aside from deer zord. I find the cyberkey ankylozord tail sword very amusing, considering the megazord can't hold it. I wanted to get the other one just for the dino zords, but this thing is too cheaply made to warrant another $30 for that. The giraffe helmet pegs on, but of course it broke right away. Bison doesn't transform at all, solid plastic aside from moving head and horns, and condor's megazord head doen't turn around. The pegs where you attach the lion to the bison are surprisingly good, but condor locks too tightly into the lion, so it feels like it's going to break when you pull it out, but so far it hasn't. But the lion does retain the automatic pop up piece on the head (spring-loaded) where the condor attaches.

Didn't mean to do a review here, but this was just too interesting a knock-off for me to pass up on, especially considering all the other versions they have out. Also, got this on Wish, if anyone wants to know.
Oh yeah, and the website showed a yellow-bluish lion, the box shows black lion, but it came with red. Another neat, but cheap thing about these is the legs are made to detach and reattach. I was just able to put the giraffe's back legs on the lion. Condor and Bison are the only ones that can't do that here.

Correction: The bison's legs from the megazord's knees to the bison's front knees are each one solid part that can detach completely and can be posed to make the bison stand, but it looks horribull. Hehe, sorry.
Wow, and the irony of this is I just saw a video of another of these knockoff megazord, only the one in the video I saw was a mix up of Wildforce zords and Dino Thunder zords.

here's the video in question.
Patamon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 12:06 PM #2427
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

Another bootleg Auto-Morphin. Funny thing is, this is the first time I see one with the Green Ranger shield, not the White Ranger one. Even cooler is that the shield actually has a sculpted Tyranno coin on it.

Now the Kimberly face...not so nice

Red Dino Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 11th, 2019, 01:02 PM #2428
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

By the look of those eyes, is she merely soulless or have her eyes been removed from her head and those are meant to be empty sockets? Because either way it is creepy and I love it.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 01:56 PM #2429
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

The face looks more like a Trini gone horribly wrong.

Maybe Kim is the Yellow Ranger in the bootleg continuity
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 02:17 PM #2430
> DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!

If it hadn't come out of a box with Power Rangers on it, I'd quite happily say it was PteraRanger Mei.
DekaRed Prime is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote