Home Menu

Menu

Old August 14th, 2019, 07:49 AM #341
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

christopherjohn wrote: View Post

That is true too but still opinions vary person to person. Personal opinions don't matter in the mass opinion. I think the transformer movies are shit. The masses don't. That doesn't mean my opinion is right or wrong. Often the brace are more wrong because they aren't looking for quality they're looking for sell ability. To them transformers would be a good movie cause it makes billions.
Yeah, very true. Venom wasn't a critical darling either but it exceeded expectations with the public who were just hungry for that kind of car-crash popcorn.

That said, the masses weren't really out in force for The Last Knight, which necessitated a retooling of the franchise for Bumblebee (largely regarded as the best TF movie since the 80s version among long-term fans),, eventually the masses can become weary of the same formulas. I don't like many of the Marvel movies, but at least they switch genres many times over to stay consistent.
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:27 AM #342
> Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Zeo-Gold92
'What's Cookin?'

Lord Buttus wrote: View Post

I really want to see this movie at this point, not because I think it'll be good, but just because I got to see how bad it actually is.
It has all this hype that it's going to be soooo bad at this point. It probably won't even live up to that hype of being exceptionally bad. Just end up being average and quickly forgotten about lol.
Zeo-Gold92 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2019, 01:41 PM #343
> DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger

DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger

The only way this movie can get released and not tank is if it goes direct to streaming, then to Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS/LaserDisc/Betamax/whatever other obscure media they want to port it to.

If it gets released to theaters, it's going to be wrecked. If they just try to dump it to home media with minimal marketing, it's going to get wrecked.
DukeNukem 2417 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2019, 02:02 PM #344
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

DukeNukem 2417 wrote: View Post

The only way this movie can get released and not tank is if it goes direct to streaming, then to Blu-Ray/DVD/VHS/LaserDisc/Betamax/whatever other obscure media they want to port it to.

If it gets released to theaters, it's going to be wrecked. If they just try to dump it to home media with minimal marketing, it's going to get wrecked.
It tanks based on its revenue. Do we know its actual budget after reshoots? That would dictate the best route to take to make money off this investment.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 06:59 AM #345
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter

It was stunning to find it recently that the reshoots thought to have been scheduled never actually happened. I guess considering Disney never spent a dime on the movie themselves, it wouldn’t mean much to them to just can it.
RitoRevolto is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 07:54 AM #346
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Disney wanted more results and now with both Marvel,LucasFilms, and Fox they can do everything they want, we had the case Disney put the guilts of Fox because of the bad rsults of the last X-men movie, and i wonder if Disney going to give most of the characters of Marvel, Disney is going to allow they make movies about them, the may problem is the all Fox/Marvel/Sony which we know Fox and Sony to give the rights is more dificult, even work in parthership, and now Disney had the all monopoly
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 08:16 AM #347
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

It was stunning to find it recently that the reshoots thought to have been scheduled never actually happened. I guess considering Disney never spent a dime on the movie themselves, it wouldn’t mean much to them to just can it.
As said, Disney inherited Fox's debts, which likely includes New Mutants' production. I THINK I remember hearing they still had to release any movies Fox had in production at the time of the sale, but I'm not 1000%... (it's telling that Fox themselves are apparently willing gto just let it fade away)
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 09:01 AM #348
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

I would love to find out all the reshooting and reworking was done to make it fit the MCU and its just going to sneak in as a surprise on Hulu or Disney Plus.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 10:57 AM #349
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

I would love to find out all the reshooting and reworking was done to make it fit the MCU and its just going to sneak in as a surprise on Hulu or Disney Plus.
Which wouldn't even be that hard from what they have shown us. If they kept X-men shit out of it this looks like a movie about a scientist messing with mutants. If mutants aren't that well known this would easily fit right into the MCU.
christopherjohn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote