Home Menu

Menu

Old May 1st, 2018, 03:47 PM #41
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

^Sorry 'bout that. I grabbed it from 13ReasonWhyLAT since I'm from Peru and Spanish is one of our languages.

I like the show, but I think I will re-watch season 1 just to remember all for season 2.
Oh no worries, it's all good. I really like how that trailer was done, with the still shots of the characters and the scattering of polaroids showing the truth behind what they show. And what's his name, the douche from S1, his polaroid has him looking even more devilish, that certainly can't be good.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 05:28 PM #42
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

I enjoyed the first season a lot more than I expected. I'm curious to see what they'll do with this.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2018, 05:58 PM #43
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

I enjoyed the first season a lot more than I expected. I'm curious to see what they'll do with this.
Yeah, the brief stuff we've learned about new characters and all makes it seem like part of the season will be the legal aspects of the events of S1. Also probably the end of S1 with Tyler looking like he was planning a shooting and everything else. I don't know if S2 can be as good as S1, but I hope it tells a good story that does the first justice.
Old May 18th, 2018, 02:20 AM #44
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

So, it's 4 am in the morning and I'm already on episode 2. God, I'm not gonna sleep tonight I think.
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 01:20 PM #45
> Christophe
@RangerWiki sysop

Christophe
@RangerWiki sysop

While I don't particularly think this is a 'good' show, I've become a fan, and that's because of all the very real issues the show has chosen to tackle that other shows don't. I think this show is a lot of different things to a lot of different people. For me, as someone who suffers anxieties, I had to 'survive' the first season's triggers in order to glean all the positive messages, and season 2 feels like now I can take a step back and observe the consequences of Hannah's journey and choices in the first season. Another thing I love about this show is how it says that everyone is a villain to someone at some point in their lives, like Cobra Kai's message, but at the same time, every villain is human.
Christophe is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 03:26 PM #46
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

The first episode and the last episode of season 2 weren't awesome for me, but the rest of it worked surprisingly well, considering.

The way the show writes characters is so much better than the average teen show. People are deliberately flawed but without the show making excuses for them when it realizes it still wants to play with all the toys instead of tossing them out.

Some of the show's "heroes" arguably become worse people, but that's only to confront the very real insecurities and falsehoods of some people's personalities, especially the so-called Nice Guy who insists he's one of the good ones even though he's sometimes an entitled ass who looks to blame everyone else for their problems before ever considering himself.

Likewise, the "villains" are explored in uncomfortably honest detail, peeling back just enough layers to show the humanity in everyone, even the irredeemable. But even as much as you can look back and see the seeds of someone's malfunction, the show also doesn't frame as if a person shouldn't face consequences for their actions. If you're in your right mind, you still very much want Bryce to pay. You just happen to be more informed about where the Bryces of the world may come from.

I think Skye's story is handled as well as it could have been, given that she was such a limited character in the first season. Makes sense and highlights some worthy issues as we wrap things up and move forward. I do hope to see more interaction between the female characters (without the guys around or being a huge topic). It's something a lot of shows tend to just... not do much of, no matter the genre. But I loved Jessica's friend, who's on a similar but different path than hers throughout the season, further highlighting some pretty important stuff.

I just hope that a third season, which seems all but guaranteed, won't diminish what came before. And I get the feeling that I might be saying this at the end of every potential season going forward. It seems so easy to break this vase and so difficult to keep from slipping through your hands.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 12:19 PM #47
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Season 3 has been, to no one's surprise, confirmed:

https://twitter.com/13ReasonsWhy/sta...77374312497152
Old June 6th, 2018, 02:08 PM #48
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

Dexter1998 wrote: View Post

Season 3 has been, to no one's surprise, confirmed:

https://twitter.com/13ReasonsWhy/sta...77374312497152
Kinda feeling like this should be the final season. Use this to wrap up dangling plot threads and get some closure on everyone’s stories.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2018, 03:11 PM #49
> Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

Crazy Davey
I'm Batman

I heard they were planning at least 5 seasons
Crazy Davey is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2018, 02:07 AM #50
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Finished S2, but it's late so probably should wait to say anything. Anyways, it was a good season. I liked S1 more, but I found it really...well done and good to explore what happens next. Most of the time with suicide stories they might explore why the person killed themselves, if there's someone to blame, and whether there's justice. But it's usually done fairly quickly. Here we get that, but we also really delve into how those people left behind continue to struggle with it, see how it affects them(for better or worse). I wasn't sure how I felt going into a S2, and technically there didn't exactly need to be one but I am happy with it. I do wonder about a S3, and what it'll be able to focus on. S2 of course was about the fallout and everyone dealing with after the events of the Tapes and Hannah's suicide. Not that they suddenly just stop needing to deal with it but...not sure.

Obviously given the ending Tyler and his state of mind will be a thing. Also Clay is left standing there holding the gun, it felt kind of like they were setting that up so he might end up in trouble somehow even though nothing happened and I can't imagine he'd seriously get in trouble just that it felt that way. It's also a matter of whether they're going to try and stay silent about Tyler, or whether the cops already know who was there. Though I guess it'd be a bit obvious with Tyler's car left there. But does that mean Tyler is just going to go on the run now? Also wonder what this could mean for Tony, given that he took him away and him being at the third strike. I really did love the scene though at the end during the dance when the song came on. Tony immediately knows and goes looking for Clay then they all start coming out of the crowd to comfort him. It was a very touching and strong scene I felt. Reminded me of Sense 8 really, that connection between these peoples.

I'm really not sure what entirely S3 will tackle, I'll say I'm definitely more concerned for it than S2. It's not like there aren't things to explore exactly, but whether they can tie it together in a way that still feels impactful like these two seasons have been I'm a bit skeptical honestly. Sure, Clay and the others(whether entirely willingly or not) will likely be trying to help Tyler instead of just condemning him. But when/if the info gets out Tyler will practically be a witch to burn at a stake to the public. I'll admit I totally thought he'd come in shooting up the place and the third season would be the kids dealing with that tragedy and likely losing one or more of them but I liked the way they did it instead.

There's also Montgomery becoming the new Bryce, and potentially a more loose cannon one at that. Man I want to see the bastard served some justice bad. We learned the identity of the thief who stole the box of polaroids, Nina. I wonder if that'll come up next season or if there's any need now. But in a sense they still left her hanging in terms of not having dealt with it exactly. Though maybe for her burning the photos is dealing, I don't know. Chloe's pregnancy by Bryce will obviously be a thing, but also whether she fully admits Bryce's wrong doing or not who knows. There's also the coach, man I want the coach to get his just desserts too but whether they even will or not...who knows. They could even jump into Tony's assault of the guy but not sure whether that'll do any good or not. And Justin's continual drug use, shooting it up once again isn't going to go over well. And...dammit the whole thing between Jessica and Justin. I honestly just got really pissed off with that. She just follows him into the locker room and then goes in for a kiss and immediately jumps his bones, really? While Alex is out there waiting, I mean come on.

I wonder how much Bryce will factor in, given he's going to a different school. Obviously with Chloe's baby he'll be around but I could see him in a more limited role. Courtney really didn't have much going on this season beyond her testimony. Wasn't even really around for some episodes then tossed in for a brief scene here or there but overall never really felt part of the group like the others. Not saying she should've been excluded, just that I couldn't help finding it a bit weird. Hopefully S3 will find more importance or relevance for her character. Mr. Porter I would think is out of the picture. And I'm good with that, though I feel like there's a chance they'll bring him back for some reason or another, just to keep the "central" cast all involved. Which may or may not feel a bit forced. I admit I wasn't a fan of his exactly going into the season, but he also wasn't a bad guy and tried to do better so there's that. Just not sure what more there is for him, what relevance. The principal could probably use a comeuppance as well maybe. Hannah's parents I imagine will be out of the picture now, unless they try to shoehorn them in somehow. And can't imagine Skye would make another appearance but I guess you never know.

Overall yeah, I did enjoy S2, still nervous about S3, but looking forward to it I assume around this time next year. I don't think I want to see this go on any more though, I certainly hope they don't try. I mean I guess they could try just using the theme of 13 Reasons but with a different cast, though it'd feel like a cheap copy probably, or at least just a copy. But yeah, I feel like a third season will be plenty. End the story lines and let it go. We don't need to continue seeing these guys suffering through some tragedy or another again and again. It would too easily turn into a more intense Degrassi or some other teen drama show. Some new incident that is linked to the group or happens to them. Each season introduces new characters to link more tragedy to so they can axe one or more of the mains, rinse and repeat year after year. I was going to say, next season would be them graduating but it's mentioned Zack would be a junior next year. So guess next season would be during their junior year maybe, which would technically leave senior year still free and most of the time such shows like to end with graduation cause of the transition significance but we'll see.

EDIT:
Okay, so forgot something that did bug me during the season. The slugfest in the school hall. While on one hand, it was entertaining seeing the gang all get involved especially Alex. On the other, it was annoying when Courtney just scoffs at "men" and pulls the fire alarm to stop it. As if of course guys are just stupid idiots who fight. It was frustrating. Not saying that slugging it out was a good answer, definitely not. Just...yeah. Didn't care for the way she basically insulted guys while at the same time making it seem like she was /so/ superior cause she was a girl.

Last edited by Alitain; June 11th, 2018 at 06:52 AM.
Old August 1st, 2019, 10:23 AM #51
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Old August 1st, 2019, 06:25 PM #52
> BluePR
Power Ranger

BluePR
Power Ranger

I think my biggest issue with season 1 was that the reveal about Clay took way too long to happen (I expected it to happen in maybe episode 4, 5, 6, not freaking 11) and was, after a lot of the other characters confidently claimed it would stop him from revealing them, pretty underwhelming. Also that Clay didn't talk to his parents a lot more and earlier.

I didn't like that season 2 awkwardly had almost all of the huge cast, almost all of the characters who were pretty awful and not really apologetic about it in season 1, pretty much redeem themselves (only two or three characters didn't) plus/except one similar opposite that former hero Clay was acting pretty badly. It also felt underwhelming that Hannah's mom claimed the trial was to tell Hannah's story but, having the tapes, didn't just reveal them to the public.

The school administrators were pretty effectively and fairly, believably portrayed as villainous in both. The counselor oddly felt both too exculpatory of and too hard on himself but I liked that the communication teacher was portrayed as maybe making a mistake but maybe not and a good person regardless.
BluePR is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 11:01 PM #53
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I like how the S3 trailer is all about the mystery of who killed Bryce, and how really any one of them could've been pushed too far by things to do it. Could be an interesting spin on the formula. But more importantly, when it revealed that Bryce was killed my first thought was, "Who cares?" Cause the dude is a grade A ass. I hope at least someone brings up the point about does it really matter who did the deed. But yeah, could be interesting.

BluePR wrote: View Post

I think my biggest issue with season 1 was that the reveal about Clay took way too long to happen (I expected it to happen in maybe episode 4, 5, 6, not freaking 11) and was, after a lot of the other characters confidently claimed it would stop him from revealing them, pretty underwhelming. Also that Clay didn't talk to his parents a lot more and earlier.

I didn't like that season 2 awkwardly had almost all of the huge cast, almost all of the characters who were pretty awful and not really apologetic about it in season 1, pretty much redeem themselves (only two or three characters didn't) plus/except one similar opposite that former hero Clay was acting pretty badly. It also felt underwhelming that Hannah's mom claimed the trial was to tell Hannah's story but, having the tapes, didn't just reveal them to the public.

The school administrators were pretty effectively and fairly, believably portrayed as villainous in both. The counselor oddly felt both too exculpatory of and too hard on himself but I liked that the communication teacher was portrayed as maybe making a mistake but maybe not and a good person regardless.
Well in regards to S1 it's more about how Clay takes it. You see throughout how personally he takes all these things that happened to Hannah, and the way he thought he could take vengeance into his own hands. For him maybe most of all, these tapes were going to have a profound effect and they did. So yeah, its no surprise the others who listened to them would think that listening would make Clay stop. I mean he considered killing himself over it, and in the grand scheme of things done by the various people, his was...kind of minor in a sense. But at the same time, for Clay, also quite important cause he wasn't there for his friend when she needed him. It was minor in a way, in comparison, but also pivotal. Hence why she also made it clear that he's not actually a part of the list but has to be included cause he's part of the story. As for talking to his parents...I mean plenty of teens aren't ready to jump and start pouring their hearts out to their parents. It's no surprise really.

Well S2 was all about how the various characters were left to cope with the events of S1 now. And we see them cope in their various ways, good and bad. Clay is no exception; sometimes grief makes you do some odd or even bad things. But in the end he's still a good person. I actually like how overall the school personnel were portrayed. Flawed and human. They're not necessarily bad people, for the most part, but even with good intentions mistakes can be made. And sometimes just the act of not doing something can be damaging enough. It's more...fair than just painting them as completely negligent or too good natured and infallible. As for Hannah's mom, well the story was getting told, in court. The tapes didn't exactly need to be thrown out there, and as was shown when Clay did just that, there were repercussions. But the important part of Hannah's story, about a girl who was bullied, and harassed, etc etc and felt she was alone so took her own life, that was made clear and open by the trial just fine.

Last edited by Alitain; August 1st, 2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2019, 08:44 AM #54
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

As much i don't care with this show, Bryce got what he deserve.
Sevenlima is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2019, 12:12 AM #55
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Season four will be the show's last.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/08/01...why/index.html
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 09:10 AM #56
> powerfanatic
Power Ranger

powerfanatic
Power Ranger

New trailer just came out

powerfanatic is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 06:50 AM #57
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger

Sevenlima
Power Ranger

None of them could killed had Bryce, maybe someone else not from school.
Sevenlima is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 07:22 AM #58
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I feel like it'd make sense for one of them to have done it. Then the repercussions could lead into the final season. But eh, who knows. Will look forward to watching it next time I'm subbing Netflix. Still tempted on getting the S1 & 2 dvds though.