Home Menu

Menu

Old August 18th, 2018, 02:33 PM #1
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Hasbro's Lightning Collection Info & Discussion

Initially revealed during Hasbro's toy panel at Power Morphicon 2018, the new Lightning Collection is a line of 6-inch action figures focusing on high detail and articulation, and prop replicas!
The line was first revealed via the MMPR White Ranger, which was then immediately revealed on the show floor inside the previously blacked-out mystery box display! Hasbro treated fans in attendance with a special video along with the announcement, which featured a great look at the figure and some of the behind the scenes process of putting it together!

First releasing in the US in Spring 2019 for $19.99, the Lightning Collection line will cover Rangers and villains from all of Power Rangers history, released in mixed waves.
These figures focus on being as accurate as possible, feature over 20 points of articulation, includes accessories, weapons, special effects pieces and even swappable "Photo Real" actor likenesses!

Itís Morphin Time! Introducing a new era of POWER RANGERS collectibles with Hasbroís all-new POWER RANGERS LIGHTNING COLLECTION 6Ē Figures! The LIGHTNING COLLECTION features over two decades of iconic characters from this storied franchise, and Hasbro is excited to bring its own take to this premium line. The LIGHTNING COLLECTIONís highly-articulated, 6-inch figures will have best-in-class detailing and design and will feature Photo Real technology for realistic actor likenesses. Look for the collectible figures in this series, including MIGHTY MORPHIN WHTE RANGER, DINO CHARGE RED RANGER, MIGHTY MORPHIN LORD ZEDD, and POWER RANGERS S.P.D. SHADOW RANGER.

WAVE 1 - SPRING 2019

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN WHITE RANGER

Releases: Spring 2019 / Retail Price: $19.99

The WHITE RANGER Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and includes two different heads that can be swapped, one of the Ranger in his mask, and another unmasked as Tommy Oliver, as seen in the original MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS Series; figures also include swappable hands and 2 accessories.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN LORD ZEDD

The LORD ZEDD Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and includes his staff, plus a growth bomb accessory that kids can imagine LORD ZEDD uses to turn the monsters into giant-sized enemies. The Emperor of Evil, LORD ZEDD arrives on Earth to punish Rita Repulsa after her failure to stop the POWER RANGERS. Determined to conquer Earth, ZEDD challenges the Rangers himself. LORD ZEDD also includes a swappable head & hands.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
S.P.D. SHADOW RANGER

The S.P.D. SHADOW RANGER Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and features two different heads that can be swapped, one with his mask and helmet, and the other as Anubis Cruger; figures also include swappable hands and 2 accessories. When the Space Patrol Delta A-Squad mysteriously disappears, it's up to the B-Squad to become S.P.D. Rangers and protect the Earth from its alien enemies!

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
DINO CHARGE RED RANGER

The DINO CHARGE RED RANGER Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and includes two different heads that can be swapped, one of the Ranger in his mask, and another unmasked as Tyler Navarro from DINO CHARGE; figures also include swappable hands and 2 accessories. Powered by Energem crystals that had been left with prehistoric dinosaurs for safekeeping, the Dino Charge Rangers defend the Earth from interstellar outlaws. On a mission to find his father, Tyler Navarro instead finds the red Energem and becomes the Red Ranger. Bonded with the T-Rex Zord, Tyler leads the DINO CHARGE RANGERS.

WAVE 2 - FALL 2019

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
BEAST MORPHERS RED RANGER

Releases: Fall 2019 / Retail Price: $19.99

In the BEAST MORPHERS TV series, the laid-back Devon Daniels prefers a life of video games and no responsibility, but steps up as leader of the BEAST MORPHERS as the Cheetah-powered Red Ranger. The BEAST MORPHERS RED RANGER Figure includes two different heads that can be swapped - one of the Ranger in his helmet, and another without as Devon Daniels from BEAST MORPHERS.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
BEAST MORPHERS GOLD RANGER

The BEAST MORPHERS GOLD RANGER Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and includes two different heads that can be swapped, one of the Ranger in his mask, and another unmasked as Nate Silva, as seen in the POWER RANGERS BEAST MORPHERS Series; figures also include extra hands and 3 accessories. Nate Silva is a genius inventor at Grid Battleforce who joins the BEAST MORPHERS as the beetle-powered Gold Ranger.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN PINK RANGER

The MIGHTY MORPHIN PINK RANGER Figure features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability and includes two different heads that can be swapped, one of the Ranger in her mask, and another unmasked as Kimberly Hart, as seen in the original MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS Series; figures also include extra hands and 4 accessories. Kimberly Hart calls on the power of the pterodactyl to morph into the original MIGHTY MORPHIN PINK RANGER.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
LOST GALAXY MAGNA DEFENDER

The LOST GALAXY MAGNA DEFENDER Figure is inspired by the POWER RANGERS LOST GALAXY series and features over 20 points of articulation for high poseability; figures also include extra hands and 3 accessories, including the Magna Defender's Magna Blaster. The MAGNA DEFENDER is the lone warrior seeking vengeance for his family and planet and won't let anyone get in his way, not even the POWER RANGERS.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
FIGHTING SPIRIT GREEN RANGER AND MIGHTY MORPHIN PUTTY

Releases: Fall 2019 / Retail Price: $39.99

Trapped inside his own mind, Dr. Tommy Oliver must prove his courage by facing his former Ranger forms in a battle for his life, including his Mighty Morphin Green Ranger form, who faced off against Putty Patrollers.
Each figure in this 2-pack comes with character-inspired accessories. The Green Ranger figure includes an alternate head Ė one with his helmet on and one in human form.

EXCLUSIVE RELEASES

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN RED AND ZEO GOLD RANGER 2-PACK

*SDCC EXCLUSIVE*

Releases: July 18th, 2019 / Retail Price: $49.99

These 6-inch Lightning Collection Mighty Morphin Red Rangers and Zeo Gold Ranger figures each features multiple points of articulation for high poseability and include two different heads that can be swapped, one of the Ranger in his helmet, and another without inspired by the Jason Lee Scott character, the original Red Ranger!
This set also comes with Power Axe, Power Bow, Power Daggers, Power Lance and Power Sword accessories that can be assembled to build the Power Blaster.
Available at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 and on Hasbro Pulse following the convention.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN GOLDAR

*GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE*

GOLDAR, the iconic villain and nemesis of the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS crashes into the LIGHTNING COLLECTION with this premium figure from Hasbro. Inspired by Rita Repulsa's legendary, golden-armored warrior, this GOLDAR figure is highly poseable and includes a sword accessory and battle FX accessories. Available exclusively at GameStop.
*Please note that the image below is a conceptual 3D render and subject to change.

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN DRAGON SHIELD BLACK RANGER

*WALGREENS EXCLUSIVE*

In the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS series, the Green Ranger loans the power of the Dragon Shield to the Black Ranger to help defeat one of Ritaís monsters.
The MIGHTY MORPHIN DRAGON SHIELD BLACK RANGER Figure has over 20 points of articulation and includes two different heads that can be swapped - one of the Ranger in his helmet, and another without as Zack Taylor from the original MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS series.
The figure also comes a Dragon Dagger, Power Axe, Power Blaster, and an extra pair of hands for more ways to play or display. Available exclusively at Walgreens.

PREMIUM PROP REPLICAS

LIGHTNING COLLECTION
MIGHTY MORPHIN WHITE RANGER HELMET

Releases: Fall 2019 / Retail Price: $79.99

This premium, collectible White Ranger Helmet is full-scale, wearable, and features show-inspired design and detail, making it a great addition to any fan's collection.
Inspired by Tommy Oliver's iconic White Ranger Helmet from the original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series, this helmet is assembled, finished, and ready to wear. It features a show-inspired detailed design, paint, and finish, and adjustable straps so it will fit most heads.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; July 18th, 2019 at 07:45 PM.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 18th, 2018, 02:51 PM #2
> The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

Long live Hasbro. Killer of the Legacy.

Do you think we'll actually get EVERY Ranger this time?
The Magic Pie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 07:37 PM #3
> wizard
VIP Flair

wizard
VIP Flair

The Magic Pie wrote: View Post

I honestly do not believe that Bandai launched the Legacy line without the intention to create and release every single Ranger. Their intentions were in the right place. But, the things that happened afterwards, and the people that ultimately made the decisions, got in the way.

That said, I am super stoked about the Lightning Collection. I am a little bummed to not see a Build-A-Figure aspect to the line, but, maybe that might be introduced later on in the line. But, I cannot complain with the weapons, accessories, and alternate heads they are boasting. And none of the crazy female body shapes.
wizard is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:08 PM #4
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

TyrannoAdam wrote: View Post

Looking forward to the line myself but a real head ache starts in what to do with the legacy stuff. Mulling over hanging on to it with some sealed as the bandai stuff does tend to go for more later. I've doubles of the rangers that I plan on opening and getting the rest signed and keeping misb. Thinking of doing the same with the lightning line now too which means a lot of rangers hanging around in boxes.

The articulation looks good and the suit looks good. I'm surprised they started with MMPR white but I'm not complaining as I hope to meet JDF next year. I do hope hasbro doesn't have any QC problems with this line but I'm really happy to see photo real tech. I'm curious to see what they'll do in the cases of mmpr Trini (R.I.P.) and wild force Cole.

Here's hoping this line gives us all the rangers and villains. I can see new rangers being pumped out through the comic books too.
This was posted in the legacy thread, but wanted to quote just cuz a lot of us I know will be or are in the same boat. Despite the paint jobs, I was really warming up to the legacy line. Finally started getting the zeo rangers, and love the Dino Thunder figures. Even got the Psychos preordered, and there's no way I'm going back on those now. Apart from con exclusives, I've gotten every fig since wave one from MMPR, Space, and Ninja Storm.

That being said, this white ranger looks spectacular. Almost figuart quality and at the right price. I'm very eager to see what Hasbro has in store from here on out. But a couple of things do come to mind. First is, I see white ranger, think MMPR, then think, "Here we go again." This is the 3rd (correction, 4th in some cases, maybe more) time we've done this in 5 years. First with the action hero MMPR rangers, then with the MMPR Legacy rangers (both called Legacy), then the metallic rangers if you got them for the power weapons or correctly painted belts (which I did not. Don't regret that). Then it looks like we'll be doing this again. It looks like they may get a chance to do much more than Bandai was able to, and even the body fold looks better than our legacy figures did (and no abs ). But that doesn't mean I wanna immediately turn around and sell all these or anything. It's tough for us fans.

The other thing is, why do we need a head sculpt? That's a neat thing to do if you're into that kinda thing, I know some collectors like that. But as has been discussed so many times in the legacy threads, everyone would much rather have the appropriate weapons. Plus, people don't usually like how the ranger's human heads turn out.
True story, I got my black dino thunder ranger in today and was admiring how it looks. He was the first ranger figure I got when dino thunder came out, and I loved it. Even the all gold brachio staff I thought was neat. And I was remembering how when I got the red ranger and eventually the white ranger later on, I would make them fight each other. And that was possible because not only did red have a blaster, he also had the mould of the sword mode. These were, what, 5.5" $6 dollar figures in 2003? Different times then, but they were great. Didn't have signature weapons, but just that extra sword was enough.

wizard wrote: View Post

I honestly do not believe that Bandai launched the Legacy line without the intention to create and release every single Ranger. Their intentions were in the right place. But, the things that happened afterwards, and the people that ultimately made the decisions, got in the way.

That said, I am super stoked about the Lightning Collection. I am a little bummed to not see a Build-A-Figure aspect to the line, but, maybe that might be introduced later on in the line. But, I cannot complain with the weapons, accessories, and alternate heads they are boasting. And none of the crazy female body shapes.
That is possible. They may just be seeing what works now. But I too hope to see more zord figures. As bad as some of the parts designs were like the legs, these were still some of the most detailed and IMO coolest megazord figures we've had. I personally love Dino and Astro Megazords. The body and arms always look the best, and Zeo's upper section looks good. Don't know about DT yet, but I was surprised to see how thick the megazord's leg was. Tight ball joints, too. Storm Megazord's are always loose. Also, I'm hoping they don't have BoA's hesitation about female rangers. Surprisingly, since Zeo they seems to be selling well. Either that or there really just weren't enough.
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:13 PM #5
> Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Mama Ru❤️💕

Dark storm wrote: View Post

The other thing is, why do we need a head sculpt? That's a neat thing to do if you're into that kinda thing, I know some collectors like that. But as has been discussed so many times in the legacy threads, everyone would much rather have the appropriate weapons. Plus, people don't usually like how the ranger's human heads turn out.
That's the thing. Jason made it a point to say in terms of body sculpt, paint, accessories, weapons, & civilian heads you are not getting SOME of these you are getting ALL of these.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 08:19 PM #6
> Dark storm
Power Ranger

Dark storm
Power Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

That's the thing. Jason made it a point to say in terms of body sculpt, paint, accessories, weapons, & civilian heads you are not getting SOME of these you are getting ALL of these.
Well, I totally missed that somewhere in the script. Thanks for clearing that up. Neato
Dark storm is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:19 PM #7
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

wizard wrote: View Post

I am a little bummed to not see a Build-A-Figure aspect to the line, but, maybe that might be introduced later on in the line. But, I cannot complain with the weapons, accessories, and alternate heads they are boasting. And none of the crazy female body shapes.
Tbh I kinda hope there is no BAF because Id rather them put the money into the figure then to have to cut back on paint,details and accessories/hands/heads because they needed to put the money into making a BAF.
LegandaryYin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:30 PM #8
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

LegandaryYin wrote: View Post

Tbh I kinda hope there is no BAF because Id rather them put the money into the figure then to have to cut back on paint,details and accessories/hands/heads because they needed to put the money into making a BAF.
If they dip into Megazord figures, I'd rather leave them on their own line so they can get proper coverage. The Retrofire line would have sufficed if they allowed more paint and articulation (Jungle Pride Retrofire the shining example. Glad I own one.)
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 10:51 PM #9
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

I feel sorry for the people that bought the 7 inch Legacy figures. They truly will be "Legacy" figures because once they're done that's it.

We didn't know how well Hasbro would handle the line. Looks like they've got enough resources and man power to pull off better stuff than Bandai could ever dream of.

It's a new and exciting time.

Ooh imagine a future megazord with elbow articulation and wrist articulation!
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:38 AM #10
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

it will take years (decades?) to get to that point, assuming cases of 8 figures and four or five waves of figures a year...realistically they know certain figures will sell more/better and may salt extras into cases...

I wonder if they'll solve the multiple civilian heads (e.g. Rocky/Jason, etc) by just releasing another version with the different head in a later case...MMPRs generally sell well enough, so someone who misses the first version could still catchup later...

I wonder if they'll go for screen-accurate look MMPR yellow (and other gender-swapped colors) or just give her a normal female body...

i wonder what unmasked Shadow Ranger Doggie is going to look like...or how many incarnations of the Dino Charge suits they will make...or battlized versions...or even the gender-swapped Super Megaforce versions of suits...i guess they have years to figure that out...

those special effects add-ons look like they just might be blast effects or spark effects...would love to know if they are considering the Zandar effect for DinoCharge Gold though...

so excited for this new line!

Last edited by bearytrek; August 19th, 2018 at 11:15 AM.
bearytrek is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2019, 01:07 AM #11
> LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

LegandaryYin
Let The Mind Games Begin

I saw Magic Pie's comment on the 1st page and was like "damn this couldnt be more true now that we see what they are going to do"
LegandaryYin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 02:57 PM #12
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Hasbro certainly has the budget to do more Ranger figures than BoA ever did. I have a feeling we'll be getting a lot.
Cuchulainn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:03 PM #13
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

Impressed by the civilian head sculpt, happy for what seems to be a butterfly arm joint, but I'm worried that the shields will get in the way like they always have. Hopefully the shields are malleable to move around
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:01 PM #14
> PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

wonder if it will be similar to hasbro's star wars black series
PowerDigiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:05 PM #15
> CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay
CryloBenAffleck
The Two-In-One Rider

eBay

PowerDigiDragon wrote: View Post

wonder if it will be similar to hasbro's star wars black series
More Marvel Legends in nature I'd suspect. Minus a BAF it seems. Fine by me.
CryloBenAffleck is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:13 PM #16
> PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

PowerDigiDragon
Public Enemy Number #1

CryloBen wrote: View Post

More Marvel Legends in nature I'd suspect. Minus a BAF it seems. Fine by me.
Ah,that line not bad either. Better then any thing Bandai has put out. I will being buy them for sure. Since they will only be around 20 bucks. I hope they do a Quantum Ranger toy. Also love to get my hands on vilians like Lord Zedd and Astronema.
PowerDigiDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:06 PM #17
> AkaCornSnackEtc
14 Days :(

AkaCornSnackEtc
14 Days :(

The Legacy line as you know it is gone forever, in it's place emerges a new and more advanced collectors line, this is the Lightning Collection.
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:59 PM #18
> Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

Judge Joker
#PureEvilBaby

DarthKamen wrote: View Post

The Legacy line as you know it is gone forever, in it's place emerges a new and more advanced collectors line, this is the Lightning Collection.
Shit, does that mean we're downgrading in about a years time?
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 04:16 PM #19
> a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

a squad
Gettin Supercharged Up

Judge Joker wrote: View Post

Shit, does that mean we're downgrading in about a years time?
Yeah but then afterwards weíll have MANY great years ahead.
a squad is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:10 PM #20
> TheDub
The One and Only

TheDub
The One and Only

Finally a thread im on the first page of!!! Hasbro will make every ranger ever and most allies and a good deal of monsters, provided we keep buying the figures. If sales dont drop every single wave there no question we will get what bandai promised, just from hasbro.
TheDub is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends