RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old January 12th, 2018, 06:56 PM   #3601
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

smrtguy85 wrote: View Post

I don't know if you were joking or not, but that was not Will Arnett.
On the show, Bojack Horseman is a struggling actor.
Ankh Primo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 08:28 PM   #3602
Linkara
Power Ranger

tasti man LH wrote: View Post

...I'm surprised no one's bringing this up but:

It turns out we ARE getting an English release of the Detective Pikachu game!!!

Why the fuck is BoJack Horseman voicing Pikachu? Was he really that hard up for roles that he took this?
...Holy crap, it DOES sound like BoJack. I guess that's as close as we'll get to DeVito voicing it. XD
Linkara is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 08:57 PM   #3603
Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

I haven't been keeping up with this at all, but my god this is both surreal and hilarious. If not for the huge amount of 3DS backlog I have, I'd totally get this just to see how this insanity will play out. And I will most certainly be watching that movie when it comes out.
Xalfrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 09:02 PM   #3604
tasti man LH
Never fear, *I* am here!

Linkara wrote: View Post

...Holy crap, it DOES sound like BoJack. I guess that's as close as we'll get to DeVito voicing it. XD
I'm half expecting him to break out into a rant about the unfiltered greed of Nintendo on how they would dare release two versions of the same game, and where the games are basically the same game everytime, and how hypocritical it is that people give Nintendo so much slack for it while they slag other game companies for doing similar things, just because Nintendo has more cutesy looking characters and game mechanics.
tasti man LH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 01:07 AM   #3605
Adara.2
Power Ranger

I’m just sad Ash’s Glalie was never used more. What, kids didn’t like him with an ice demon riceball?
Adara.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 06:32 AM   #3606
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Has Ash ever caught a pokemon that was say...actually being bad purely for the sake of keeping it under control? My watch past the beginning of the anime has been sporadic and certainly the last couple series I can't really manage to watch more than the beginning, and some during the end.

But it sounds like a fun idea. And not just, 'Oh the pokemon is being Robin Hood', or pulling pranks, but an actually bad pokemon. There's plenty especially with the ghost types, that could fit that category. I think it'd be neat if he was forced to seriously try capturing a pokemon and then had to keep it so it wouldn't be free to wreak havoc. Sure, eventually he'd probably somehow manage to win it over with the power of friendship, but it still could be fun.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 07:33 AM   #3607
WhiteMystechRanger
Lets get Mystechal

That would basically just be Charizard's arc again. Only he just became a lazy ass rather than evil.

Ash spends all that time getting Charizard to like him and be his friend and then he just straight up abandons it.

Ash was and is a shit trainer.

Last edited by WhiteMystechRanger; January 13th, 2018 at 08:13 AM.
WhiteMystechRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:12 AM   #3608
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Closest I can think of is Muk: there was no reason it was attacking the power plant and Ash just threw a Pokeball at it to bring it under control. It just instantly became good but...my guess is spending all that time with Oak softened it by the time he needed it.
Ataruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 02:43 PM   #3609
precita
Power Ranger

WhiteMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Ash spends all that time getting Charizard to like him and be his friend and then he just straight up abandons it.

Charizard literally came back to Ash 6 different times.
precita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 03:30 PM   #3610
TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

To be fair, that’s what happens when you use the same character for over 20 years.
TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 06:31 PM   #3611
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

In the sense of mastery, yes. But the point of his character is to be a great FRIEND to his Pokémon, of which there is no equal.

Brock even makes a point of it once in AG when he pats Ash on the back for the hard work he put in to teach Treecko Bullet Seed.
Old January 13th, 2018, 06:52 PM   #3612
Alitain
God of Benevolence

That would basically just be Charizard's arc again. Only he just became a lazy ass rather than evil.

Not really though. Charizard was Ash getting excited and forcing Charmeleon to evolve which left Charizard not caring for Ash and so wouldn't really listen for the longest time. I'm thinking more of like a pokemon that Ash actively avoids using but has to carry around. Pretty much if Ash caught that evil Malamar then worked to keep it under control, but would likely have to use it at least one or twice. But anyway, just a random thought for something interesting to have in the show.
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:08 PM   #3613
Fyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

So you wanted Ash to essentially catch Malamar from Best Wishes?
Fyntabulous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:39 PM   #3614
Alitain
God of Benevolence

Fyntabulous wrote: View Post

So you wanted Ash to essentially catch Malamar from Best Wishes?
Well I was just using it as an example, not necessarily that exact pokemon. Just can't recall it ever really coming up, with anyone, but the idea of using catching a pokemon as a sort of prison sentence, catching an 'evil' or maybe dangerous pokemon and keeping them stuck in the ball.
Old January 13th, 2018, 10:44 PM   #3615
TyrannoRanger
VIP Rider

Alitain wrote: View Post

Not really though. Charizard was Ash getting excited and forcing Charmeleon to evolve which left Charizard not caring for Ash and so wouldn't really listen for the longest time.
He didnt force Charmeleon to evolve. Charmeleon evolved to save Ash's life from Aerodactyl. Then Charizard realized he didn't need to follow Ash's orders because he was clearly much stronger than Ash. It was a matter of Charizard not respecting Ash
TyrannoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2018, 11:11 PM   #3616
Alitain
God of Benevolence

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

He didnt force Charmeleon to evolve. Charmeleon evolved to save Ash's life from Aerodactyl. Then Charizard realized he didn't need to follow Ash's orders because he was clearly much stronger than Ash. It was a matter of Charizard not respecting Ash
Hmm, see I was thinking Ash pushed Charmeleon to evolve. Heh, well it has been...well a considerably long time since I watched it so no wonder I don't remember that part clearly, thanks for the clarification.

Sorta on the note of 'bad' and threatening pokemon, I feel like the next gen should have the respected legendaries actually be the real threat that needs to be stopped. It feels like most gens it's a person or group that's trying to capture or otherwise use the legendary to upend the world. Gen 3 with Groudon and Kyogre is the only one I can remember where it felt more like the legendaries became a threat and even then it only happened because the two factions wake them up and realize they really shouldn't have. Though maybe Gen 4, don't really remember the D/P plot very well. Oh well, more random thoughts.
Old January 14th, 2018, 06:39 AM   #3617
Bluecatcinema
Power Ranger

The way I remember it, Charmeleon evolved so he could go after Aerodactyl for wounding him earlier.
Bluecatcinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 02:16 PM   #3618
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

Charmeleon evolved to save Ash's life from Aerodactyl.
Bluecatcinema wrote: View Post

The way I remember it, Charmeleon evolved so he could go after Aerodactyl for wounding him earlier.
Technically, it was both, Charizard was just way too cool to admit the former.
Old January 14th, 2018, 02:51 PM   #3619
TyrannoRanger
VIP Rider

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

Technically, it was both, Charizard was just way too cool to admit the former.
Either way his disobedience was a respect thing. "Why am I gonna take orders from this weak ass kid?"
TyrannoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2018, 03:17 PM   #3620
Ankh Primo
Net Brutality

Either way his disobedience was a respect thing. "Why am I gonna take orders from this weak ass kid?"
Obviously, that aspect was to reflect the game mechanic of requiring gym badges.

Tags
eternally 10, pokemon