Home Menu

Menu

Old September 12th, 2018, 11:38 AM #1581
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Pulsayr wrote: View Post

Thanks for the info. ^_^ What are some really good assists? I know MMPR Kim, Movie Zack, and Movie Billy are all really good. But I don't know how good any others are.
MMPR Green and Samurai Red are two of my favorites. As mentioned above, green is a quick and rangey strike. Samurai Red's attack is slow but it does huge damage and inflicts burn. If you have a combo setup move from your leader, it works great.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 03:26 PM #1582
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

*laughs* Okay, so apparently it's Micro-Megazord time. Now when you do your megazord battles they'll be in the normal ranger arenas. I did one battle just to see and got the Juice Bar. Not sure if there's set arenas, or random. But you know, it was more amusing than it should've been probably.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 04:25 PM #1583
> jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner

jaguarranger
Proud Wii U owner

Had a great match today going against a team consisting of Lord Drakkon as leader with Psycho Red and Jason as Gold Zeo. Soooo satisfying to crush a team full of legendaries without a single one on your team's roster.
jaguarranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 04:52 PM #1584
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

jaguarranger wrote: View Post

Had a great match today going against a team consisting of Lord Drakkon as leader with Psycho Red and Jason as Gold Zeo. Soooo satisfying to crush a team full of legendaries without a single one on your team's roster.
I had fun yesterday doing the defender challenge(well for one battle at least), going against a Drakkon with Alpha. And kicking his butt. But then as usual, I got to like 9 wins/4 losses and suddenly everything went south and I got pummeled for 5 straight matches so I was out. Seriously do not know how that happens... But yeah, beating people especially Drakkon, with Alpha is always fun. I should consider dusting him off again maybe...

Actually an even better one would be kicking Sally's butt with Alpha. Since she's a juggler, to beat her with another jugglers(well sorta) would be fun.
Old September 12th, 2018, 06:59 PM #1585
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

See, things like this is what makes me appreciate the game all over again. nWay knows how to make INCREDIBLE character models that can do serious damage, but it also knows how to have fun with the game with new taunts and Micro Megazords. They could always just pump out characters every week like an ever-lasting Gosei Gobstopper, but they also take a moment for things like this. Good deal.
Windgrail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 07:04 PM #1586
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Guys, I have a serious confession.

Iíve been... *deep breath*... Iíve been using Mega Goldar. And liking it. And I won 7 for 7 with him today, and most of them werenít even close.

The secret, I think, is that I abandoned my defensive mindset and just accepted that Iím gonna get hit. Then I hit back harder. Goldarís burst damage potential is fantastic, and not all that hard to set up since he has three stuns.
DaybreakRachel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 07:28 PM #1587
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

**gasp** Rachel- telling the truth was very, very brave and I commend you for it. We've all wondered what it would be like to "test the waters" and see what it was like. And maybe even be afraid of liking it. I've often wondered "what would it be like..." But you've given me the courage to follow in your footsteps.

Edit: Well crap. I lost, and lost HARD. lol
Old September 13th, 2018, 07:05 AM #1588
> MandoloreShepard
Spectre Agent

MandoloreShepard
Spectre Agent

Alitain wrote: View Post

*laughs* Okay, so apparently it's Micro-Megazord time. Now when you do your megazord battles they'll be in the normal ranger arenas. I did one battle just to see and got the Juice Bar. Not sure if there's set arenas, or random. But you know, it was more amusing than it should've been probably.
Yeah, mini-megazord battles were very amusing and hilarious. I did consider laughing at how it was a break from the norm of the game.
MandoloreShepard is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:11 AM #1589
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

MandoloreShepard wrote: View Post

Yeah, mini-megazord battles were very amusing and hilarious. I did consider laughing at how it was a break from the norm of the game.
Don't leave us in suspense. Did you laugh or do you choose not to?
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 05:24 PM #1590
> Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Windgrail
Legacy Warnut

Okay guys, prepare to "like" this post if you must based on a conversation a buddy and I had earlier today.

Alitain-this is not specifically aimed towards you, but rather those who share in hesitations of joining alliances. There are some oddly similar parallels to joining an alliance and joining RangerBoard.com.
  • RangerBoard does not require you to join the board in order to enjoy its contents (viewing posts)
  • Legacy Wars does not require you to join an alliance in order to enjoy its contents (gameplay)
  • Joining RangerBoard messageboard gives you several free, additional conveniences (personal interaction, additional free content)
  • Joining Rangerbaord Alliance gives you several free, additional conveniences (personal interaction, additional free content
  • Neither the messageboard nor the alliance will ever require you to make purchases, but both have options for additional convenience
  • Both the messageboard and the alliance are guided by the same "rules of conduct" and respectfulness
  • 95% of the people your're talking to right now in this thread are also in the alliance.

And now I rest my case.

Last edited by Windgrail; September 13th, 2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old September 13th, 2018, 05:41 PM #1591
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Okay, so I've slowly been working through the Hyperforce episodes(right now on ep 9), and aside from ep 8 being hilarious and totally fun, it was also a great Christmas episode. Anyway, I really wish there was art by Hyper RPG for Santa Ranger with his battlizer and Sleighzord. And...then get NWay to make Santa Ranger and his Sleighzord for the game and do it in time for Dec and Christmas. Yeah yeah, wont happen but man that'd just be really fun to do. Anyway, random but yeah.
Old September 14th, 2018, 09:59 AM #1592
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Sometimes I forget just how easy Koragg is to use. I have him sitting around mostly collecting dust because he just isnít very fun IMO, but I totally forgot I got him to level 3 recently with a couple challenge prizes. I pulled him out for the defender challenge last night and realized... wait, at level 3 heís already way way stronger than my fully maxed Kendrix, and Iím winning matches that my Kendrix couldnít. >_<

Also, Koragg only needs one hand to play. He canít move for like a full second after all his attacks anyway, thereís never any need to dash and attack in quick succession. Heís seriously the ultimate lazy character.

Also the 1/3/5/7 rule is such crap. Itís more like 1/4/8/11. Level 1 legends can hang with level 10-11 commons no problem.
Old September 14th, 2018, 10:10 AM #1593
> DrBravo2
Ionic Wonder

DrBravo2
Ionic Wonder

Windgrail wrote: View Post

**gasp** Rachel- telling the truth was very, very brave and I commend you for it. We've all wondered what it would be like to "test the waters" and see what it was like. And maybe even be afraid of liking it. I've often wondered "what would it be like..." But you've given me the courage to follow in your footsteps.

Edit: Well crap. I lost, and lost HARD. lol
Mega Goldar was my main until they changed the damage rewards for events. I loved him and miss him.
DrBravo2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:18 AM #1594
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Pulsayr wrote: View Post

Thanks for the info. ^_^ What are some really good assists? I know MMPR Kim, Movie Zack, and Movie Billy are all really good. But I don't know how good any others are.
These are IMO best in slot for each given role, separated by attack type and energy cost. If a spot is blank, itís because the lower cost option is the best for that role (ie Movie Trini assist only costs 4, but she hits harder than any comparable 5 EP strike assist). And if a whole row is blank, itís because the role simply isnít needed. The names in bold are the most generally useful ones, the non-bold ones are only useful for specific leaders or specific situations. Focus on the bold ones first if youíre not 100% sure what your main team will be yet.

Some specific notes...

-You probably only need one of Tommy, Kat Manx, or Drakkon, not all three. Pick based on what your leader needs.

-Actually ignore Psycho Red. Heís not bad if you have him leveled up already, but heís largely redundant with Phantom, who does the same job but hits very slightly harder. Iíd take him off the chart but I canít edit on my phone. >_>

-The 4 EP breaker assists are largely interchangeable but have a few key differences. Ninjor does the most damage and has infinite range, but heís super slow to start. Cammy has the best speed, really good range, and gives a ton of bonus damage from talents, but not all characters can combo off her attack, so try before you buy. Chun Li and Zack are almost functionally identical, but Chun hits harder while Zack has better combo branching which allows for better EP management. Thereís also Trent, who actually hits harder than Chun/Cammy/Zack, but his lack of utility makes him less appealing than the others.

-Some assists like Movie Zack are more likely to be nerfed due to overwhelming popularity. Meanwhile the SF characters are much less likely to be nerfed since theyíre relatively rare and forever premium. Maybe consider this before deciding where to spend your gold.

-I donít have enough experience with Ranger Slayer yet. Her damage is insane but I donít know if any leaders have a practical setup for her, since her spacing is so weird.

-Note that Sledge and Movie Billy are passive counters, while Guile and Mesogog are active attacks. Black Dragon is technically active, but heís so damn slow you should treat him like a passive counter.

-I know people are gonna slam me for putting Mesogog and Zeo Gold on here, but they do still have their purpose. They do too little damage for how much they cost, but it is nice sometimes to have guaranteed easy damage when you just need to pick off someoneís last little bit of health.

Last edited by DaybreakRachel; September 14th, 2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old September 14th, 2018, 05:36 PM #1595
> mrgamer123
Yellow Shinkenger Power!

mrgamer123
Yellow Shinkenger Power!

GG Rachel. It was nice fighting you in the challenge

Edit: I was Cream The Rabbit to clarify.

Edit 2: And GG To Dorito as well

Last edited by mrgamer123; September 14th, 2018 at 05:43 PM.
mrgamer123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2018, 05:42 PM #1596
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Wait whatís your name now? I donít remember seeing you
Old September 14th, 2018, 05:45 PM #1597
> mrgamer123
Yellow Shinkenger Power!

mrgamer123
Yellow Shinkenger Power!

DaybreakRachel wrote: View Post

Wait whatís your name now? I donít remember seeing you

See Above Post.
mrgamer123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2018, 06:09 PM #1598
> Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

Doritoscoper
Power Ranger

mrgamer123 wrote: View Post

GG Rachel. It was nice fighting you in the challenge

Edit: I was Cream The Rabbit to clarify.

Edit 2: And GG To Dorito as well
I didn't recognize you with that name change, but yeah that was a good fight man. Chun-Li's one of those characters where one screw-up against her means death, so I was sweating a little haha.

I use Mega Goldar as a joke because holy crap is he terrible. You could probably beat mega goldar with a ranger tbh.
Doritoscoper is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2018, 08:46 PM #1599
> DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

DaybreakRachel
Power Ranger

Maybe Mega Goldar sucks, but Micro Goldar is my sweet baby :3
Old September 15th, 2018, 03:46 PM #1600
> MandoloreShepard
Spectre Agent

MandoloreShepard
Spectre Agent

Just to let you know, if any of you encounter a player named Judge Mandolore who is in one of the Hyperforce alliances, that player is me.
MandoloreShepard is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
beetle blaster badass, chicken ranger, legacy wars, samurai beetle = ouch