Home Menu

Menu

Old January 7th, 2016, 01:41 PM #201
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Good. Not try again later and let the Berlanti crew spin it off like they did Legends with all their teen sidekick characters.
No. I don't want Berlanti crew and their tropes and writing faults. Some new blood plz.

Blue22 wrote: View Post

Lol Hawk and Dove tho? Couldn't we at least get some Titans who mattered instead of discount Hawkman and Hawkwoman?
Wait, what do you actually know about Hawk and Dove? That description only reads as "they're bird-based people".
Miraculous Bikkun is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 02:06 PM #202
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

That was just me being a jerk. I know they're more than what I called them but I'm still not their biggest fan
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 02:47 PM #203
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

PedroMcNamara wrote: View Post

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...source=twitter Titans dead at TNT. Doesn't fit the new edgier direction they are taking the network in.
Well at least we finally have closer. Maybe someone else will try again with Titans. I do wonder with rumors of a Titans film going around that WB decided to pull the plug and told TNT to just say they passed on the series.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 02:49 PM #204
> Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay
Arkvoodle
HEED MY WILL!!!

eBay

Can they roll some of these characters back into the CW-verse since they're not being used?
Arkvoodle is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 03:36 PM #205
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger

Just saw where TNT cast their a young William Shakespeare for a pilot called "Will"...gonna be some edgy shit right there I can tell.
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 05:32 PM #206
> Pixelated Prophet

Pixelated Prophet

Update it got cancelled.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/...n-at-tnt?watch

"There's been radio silence on TNT and Warner Bros.' Titans pilot for months, and TNT and TBS President Kevin Reilly confirmed that's because the project is no longer in development at the network"
Pixelated Prophet is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2016, 05:57 PM #207
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

He beat ya to it

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...source=twitter Titans dead at TNT. Doesn't fit the new edgier direction they are taking the network in.
Old January 8th, 2016, 07:19 AM #208
> Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

if you can't make the Titans fit an edgey direction then you probably aren't trying. kind of sucks that they aren't going with it since the idea sounded like it'd make for good television.
Cancer0081 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 04:55 PM #209
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I actually forgot this was happening, so I'm completely unaffected by this news.

Warner Bros. honestly has enough on their plate already.

Just saw where TNT cast their a young William Shakespeare for a pilot called "Will"...gonna be some edgy shit right there I can tell.
I snickered.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 05:07 PM #210
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

I don't know, a young William Shakespeare does actually sound like some edgy source material at least.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 05:38 PM #211
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

I don't know, a young William Shakespeare does actually sound like some edgy source material at least.
Are there going to be tongues in tails?!
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:02 AM #212
> Green Goblin
Banned

Green Goblin
Banned

The live-action “Teen Titans” adaptation “Titans” is back on, this time with the backing of superhero super-producer Greg Berlanti.

“Titans” will launch on a DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service in 2018, along with animated series “Young Justice: Outsiders,” the third season of the popular “Young Justice” series.

“Titans” follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. “Titans” is a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.

“Titans” will be written by Akiva Goldsman (“Star Trek: Discovery,” “Underground”), Geoff Johns (President & Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment; “The Flash,” “Arrow”) and Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”). Goldsman, Johns, Berlanti and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”) are executive producers of the series from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

More to come…

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/greg-berlan...163157044.html
Green Goblin is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:14 AM #213
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Oooooh... sweet! Don't suppose we know if this is tying into any of the other live-action DC universes running at the moment, do we?

(I also thought that 2018 is ages to wait, then remembered that we're in 2017. Stupid time...)
TealMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:26 AM #214
> Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Poweranimals
A Blaze of Glory!

Oh yay. I get to pay for another digital service? No thank you.
Poweranimals is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 10:32 AM #215
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

^Probably headed to Sky 1 in the UK, they show all four of the CW DC shows. If so, no good to me either.

That makes four heroes being used in both TV and movies then - Batman (as a child in Gotham), Superman (who's turned up in Supergirl), Flash, and now Nightwing. To think they once forced the Suicide Squad off one of the TV shows because their movie was happening...
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:10 AM #216
> Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

I understand why DC would want their own streaming service. Why split the profit with Netflix or Hulu, when you can pocket all of it?

But, as stated, there are already too many streaming services. In addition to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime; there's services for individual sports, MMA, multiple animes, even individual networks are getting their own service.

Even with Young Justice and Titans, I can't see a DC Network bringing in a lot.

I guarantee that YJ will be one of the top most torrented shows next year because of it.
Mr Tuesday II is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:26 AM #217
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Green Goblin wrote: View Post

The live-action “Teen Titans” adaptation “Titans” is back on, this time with the backing of superhero super-producer Greg Berlanti.

“Titans” will launch on a DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service in 2018, along with animated series “Young Justice: Outsiders,” the third season of the popular “Young Justice” series.

“Titans” follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. “Titans” is a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever.

“Titans” will be written by Akiva Goldsman (“Star Trek: Discovery,” “Underground”), Geoff Johns (President & Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment; “The Flash,” “Arrow”) and Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”). Goldsman, Johns, Berlanti and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”) are executive producers of the series from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.

More to come…

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/greg-berlan...163157044.html
Man, that means it will be the SIXTH DC show to be produced by Berlanti. The only DC show he doesn't produce is Gotham. Hoping it does well.

Poweranimals wrote: View Post

I'm surprised that DC was launching their own streaming service. I was expecting something like Netflix to pick it up.

Digifiend wrote: View Post

^Probably headed to Sky 1 in the UK, they show all four of the CW DC shows. If so, no good to me either.

That makes four heroes being used in both TV and movies then - Batman (as a child in Gotham), Superman (who's turned up in Supergirl), Flash, and now Nightwing. To think they once forced the Suicide Squad off one of the TV shows because their movie was happening...
But at least, Wonder Woman hasn't appeared in a recent DC TV show, so she's safe.

Mr Tuesday II wrote: View Post

I understand why DC would want their own streaming service. Why split the profit with Netflix or Hulu, when you can pocket all of it?

But, as stated, there are already too many streaming services. In addition to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime; there's services for individual sports, MMA, multiple animes, even individual networks are getting their own service.

Even with Young Justice and Titans, I can't see a DC Network bringing in a lot.
I think the DC streaming service could show their library excluding the Arrowverse shows since they're available to watch on Netflix US and Canada (please check if I'm wrong on that) but be doubtful of it.

I guarantee that YJ will be one of the top most torrented shows next year because of it.
That's a given.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; April 25th, 2017 at 11:36 AM.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:31 AM #218
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

This show's still happening? Wow.

I can't imagine a niche service can keep it afloat very long, though.
Old April 25th, 2017, 11:34 AM #219
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

Henshin King wrote: View Post

We are at an age where TV is slowly being phased out. Pretty soon EVERY network will have a streaming service.
Which is its own problem IMO.

Besides, who says that Titans and Young Justice will be the only shows on that site? We'll probably get WAY more as we learn more about it. Maybe even classic shows like the 1966 Batman series or even the 1957 Adventures of Superman. Heck, maybe Teen Titans Go! will move there and Cartoon Network will be free of that show.
I doubt CN is going to let TTG go. And yes there will most likely be other shows. How much older stuff they'll put up will be interesting. Justice League/Unlimited is on Netflix. And apparently Teen Titans is going to be added to the Boomerang service soon.
SuperMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2017, 01:22 PM #220
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Mr Tuesday II wrote: View Post

It was gonna be anyway but this just kinda seals the deal.