RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old February 16th, 2017, 06:00 AM   #541
fryguy81
Auric The Commentator

dragonceasar1985 wrote: View Post

It would be amazing if they would include a dragon zord torso to combine with the arms and legs from the BAF Megazord.
oh crap, it would be cool to get Dragonzord in Warrior Mode to go with the other BAF pieces of MMPR.
fryguy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:34 AM   #542
Seerauber Jenny
Some pink robot

RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

Black Series Slave Leia and Marvel Legends Misty Knight are two examples of other 6" female pegwarmers. This isn't a PR only problem.
I think saying "girls don't sell" is an oversimplification. Nobody concludes that "male figures don't sell" every time an Avengers movie comes out and the Iron Men start piling up. There are usually mitigating factors for why a female figure doesn't sell.

In Slave Leia's case, they overestimated the percentage of collectors who would want a naked woman in bondage as their only representation (to that point) of an iconic character like Leia. You'll notice ANH Leia is selling just fine (and not because of Carrie's death, that figure would have been a hot seller anyway because if you're only going to get one Leia, that's the one you want). As for Misty Knight, I'm a pretty big geek but I have no idea who that is. (I'm sure she has some Netflix show all about her or whatever, don't care.) I can't be the only one.

Kim was the logical choice to heavy pack, since she's more popular than Zack or Billy, and there are more people who would want just her than one of the others...you know, if she had her weapons...and wasn't a half-inch too big...and didn't have such off-putting chest/waist proportions. The other female figures hang around for the same reason the non-MMPR guys do--there just aren't that many of us who are interested in Power Rangers beyond MMPR. Cassie is not going to be the only Space Ranger pegwarming come April.
Seerauber Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2017, 08:49 AM   #543
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

Seerauber Jenny wrote: View Post

I think saying "girls don't sell" is an oversimplification. Nobody concludes that "male figures don't sell" every time an Avengers movie comes out and the Iron Men start piling up. There are usually mitigating factors for why a female figure doesn't sell.

In Slave Leia's case, they overestimated the percentage of collectors who would want a naked woman in bondage as their only representation (to that point) of an iconic character like Leia. You'll notice ANH Leia is selling just fine (and not because of Carrie's death, that figure would have been a hot seller anyway because if you're only going to get one Leia, that's the one you want). As for Misty Knight, I'm a pretty big geek but I have no idea who that is. (I'm sure she has some Netflix show all about her or whatever, don't care.) I can't be the only one.

Kim was the logical choice to heavy pack, since she's more popular than Zack or Billy, and there are more people who would want just her than one of the others...you know, if she had her weapons...and wasn't a half-inch too big...and didn't have such off-putting chest/waist proportions. The other female figures hang around for the same reason the non-MMPR guys do--there just aren't that many of us who are interested in Power Rangers beyond MMPR. Cassie is not going to be the only Space Ranger pegwarming come April.
I absolutely agree that it is an oversimplification. However, with all the Chicken Little posts/tweets about the Legacy Line not being sustainable due to the female figures pegwarming, it's important to address those concerns and nip them in the bud before it's spread all over the internet as the *only* reason these figures are seen on store shelves.

With that being said, the two examples I used were notorious for pegwarming, but that did not stop either line from selling and releasing new figures. What we need to take into consideration is that even if we see certain figures on shelves more than others, it does not mean that the line is certainly doomed. While companies would love a total sellout of their product, it simply isn't realistic to expect that. They need a certain percentage to sell and then adjust their plan going forward.

In regards to Slave Leia, there was a news story about a single dad getting upset over it...which caused more people to go out and buy it because they thought it might get recalled or something. It's an iconic representation of a character that Hasbro thought they could sell to mostly collectors. Big mistake. Same deal with Misty Knight. Collectors would mostly know her and she hadn't been introduced in Luke Cage yet.

For a pop culture toy to be truly successful, it has to be a hit with the intended market. With mass market figures, they need purchases from not only collectors, but the parents of children as well. That is why we see so much debate on whether or not parents are skeptical of purchasing female figures for their young boys.

You are absolutely correct that Kimberly was the logical one to double up on. However, if you do take into account that casuals/kids make up a majority of the PR action figure market, then the reasons you listed (weapons/proportions/height) aren't really going to be the problem behind pegwarming. Those are selling points that hardcore collectors are more concerned with. As for the In Space Rangers, I think they will sell fine. Yes, nothing can beat MMPR, but that doesn't mean the other teams absolutely cannot sell. Andros doesn't seem to pegwarm nearly as much as other figures.
RedRanger87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #544
bearytrek
Power Ranger

RedRanger87 wrote: View Post

Black Series Slave Leia and Marvel Legends Misty Knight are two examples of other 6" female pegwarmers. This isn't a PR only problem.
you can add White Tiger, Sharon Carter, Mockingbird, Thundra, etc to the list as far as stores here go too...

a squad wrote: View Post

Ahh I remember the days when it was either grab the females when you first saw them or have a bitch of a time trying to find them later.
that sort of is still the case, I see very few 5" Movie Pink and Yellow figures on the pegs now, even though the movie hasn't hit and exploded into peoples' consciousness yet...

on the other hand Ninja Steel pink and white are readily available still...
bearytrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2017, 10:05 AM   #545
Skitch_DC
Power Ranger

Yes and no someone above used Marvel Legends as an example. Marvel digs its own grave sometimes. Releasing Terrible Waves with only one recognizable hero. Take the Hulk Buster wave. You got War Machine and DR Strange a year before his movie came out. THATS IT! The rest of the wave was Valkyrie and Thundra and blizzard and etc. People youve NEVER HEARD OF or most people havent heard of. Star wars Figures are just as big a problem as hasbro are morons.....simple as that. They are morons. They release Jyn Erse and Cassian in wave one. Then in wave 2 they re release same heroes then wave 3 they release jyn again. Then wave 4 they do ok then they re release jyn and cassian again on wave 4. Its why comic stores wont buy black series generally and why Walmarts and shit have them warming pegs.

Power rangers pulls this shit all the time. The basic figure assortment for sealed case of Ninja Steel for example was 3 red 2 blue 2 yellow 1 pink 1 white. How the fuck does that make sense literally only one person can walk in and get a full team. THAT IT THE REASON FOR PINK BEING SO PEG WARMY. The person is buying 1 PINK 1 BLUE and 1 BLACK from the wave....then whats left O YEAH THAT MORONICALLY PACKED DOUBLE PINK WHEN NO OTHER RANGER WAS DOUBLE PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!............except green but hes special
Skitch_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2017, 10:24 AM   #546
fryguy81
Auric The Commentator

Skitch_DC wrote: View Post

Yes and no someone above used Marvel Legends as an example. Marvel digs its own grave sometimes. Releasing Terrible Waves with only one recognizable hero. Take the Hulk Buster wave. You got War Machine and DR Strange a year before his movie came out. THATS IT! The rest of the wave was Valkyrie and Thundra and blizzard and etc. People youve NEVER HEARD OF or most people havent heard of. Star wars Figures are just as big a problem as hasbro are morons.....simple as that. They are morons. They release Jyn Erse and Cassian in wave one. Then in wave 2 they re release same heroes then wave 3 they release jyn again. Then wave 4 they do ok then they re release jyn and cassian again on wave 4. Its why comic stores wont buy black series generally and why Walmarts and shit have them warming pegs.

Power rangers pulls this shit all the time. The basic figure assortment for sealed case of Ninja Steel for example was 3 red 2 blue 2 yellow 1 pink 1 white. How the fuck does that make sense literally only one person can walk in and get a full team. THAT IT THE REASON FOR PINK BEING SO PEG WARMY. The person is buying 1 PINK 1 BLUE and 1 BLACK from the wave....then whats left O YEAH THAT MORONICALLY PACKED DOUBLE PINK WHEN NO OTHER RANGER WAS DOUBLE PACKED!!!!!!!!!!!............except green but hes special
they release five figures but ship six because they sell them in that basic wave number. So one has to be doubled up (for cost measures) and out of Billy, Zach, Andros, Ashley, and Kimberly, who's the most popular Ranger in that pack?
Of course, Kim is going to sit on the pegs a little longer, Green Rangers did too. The more damning thing is that the Yellow and Blue Ninja Storm rangers are still sitting on the pegs even though Red and Green are now gone.
Old February 16th, 2017, 10:29 AM   #547
RedRanger87
Somewhere on KO-35

fryguy81 wrote: View Post

they release five figures but ship six because they sell them in that basic wave number. So one has to be doubled up (for cost measures) and out of Billy, Zach, Andros, Ashley, and Kimberly, who's the most popular Ranger in that pack?
Hit the nail on the head. There are probably more Kimberly fans who would pick up only her figure versus Billy and Zack fans who would pick up only their figure.
RedRanger87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #548
Skitch_DC
Power Ranger

Your not understanding THERE SHOULD BE NO DOUBLE PACK!!!! (Exceptions FOR SUPEr POPULAR LIKE TOMMY IRON MAN ETC.)

Double packing should not happen make a 6 figure wave and theres no problems(well probably still be yellow space shelf warming but thats gonna happen but not to the Kimberly degree). People have to know that scalpers are gonna effect pricing and when you double pack figures they love that! One figure they know not to buy right away and thus drives up the prices of the single packed figures. I dont know how old you are but I have been collecting toys for a long time like 25 years and thats not inclusing my childhood and there has always been a few peg warmers but nothing like Hasbro. Bandai I can let slide on this one because its one mistake as long as it doesnt keep happening but Hasbro this shit has been going on for years go down to your Walmart I bet theres still legends from 2013-2014 there guaranteed actually. Its insane I have never seen anything like it I have never seen comic stores refuse to carry marvel and star wars toys because of how horrible they are shipped out. Nuff said.
Skitch_DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2017, 11:42 AM   #549
fryguy81
Auric The Commentator

Skitch_DC wrote: View Post

Your not understanding THERE SHOULD BE NO DOUBLE PACK!!!! (Exceptions FOR SUPEr POPULAR LIKE TOMMY IRON MAN ETC.)

Double packing should not happen make a 6 figure wave and theres no problems(well probably still be yellow space shelf warming but thats gonna happen but not to the Kimberly degree). People have to know that scalpers are gonna effect pricing and when you double pack figures they love that! One figure they know not to buy right away and thus drives up the prices of the single packed figures. I dont know how old you are but I have been collecting toys for a long time like 25 years and thats not inclusing my childhood and there has always been a few peg warmers but nothing like Hasbro. Bandai I can let slide on this one because its one mistake as long as it doesnt keep happening but Hasbro this shit has been going on for years go down to your Walmart I bet theres still legends from 2013-2014 there guaranteed actually. Its insane I have never seen anything like it I have never seen comic stores refuse to carry marvel and star wars toys because of how horrible they are shipped out. Nuff said.
I get what you're saying but doubling up on a figure per wave is a reality that's not going anywhere. Double packing happens because it's cost effective. It costs less to have a double of a figure in a case than 6 separate figures. It's a part of the business and it's not going anywhere. Every wave has a double up of one figure and it makes sense to utilize it on what will be the most popular figure whether it's Tommy in Power Rangers or Deadpool in a Marvel Legends assortment.
Old February 16th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #550
CryloBen
Uuza Douza Uru Zanga

eBay
I don't feel like double packing is going to effect the scalpers. Because the only figures being scalped in this line, are the damn MMPR ones. Hell, I had some dude tell me that, before shipping, if I wanted his Red, Black, and Blue, all which were open, and only two still had the boxes, I had to fork over $100.

For that price, I might as well just save up and buy the figuarts, which at least scale with the rest of my figures.
CryloBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 05:37 AM   #551
Roboboard
It ain't nothing but love

Wave 3 of Legacy figures due out in U.K. at the end of February.
Roboboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:59 AM   #552
fireranger
Power Ranger

Wonder what new legacy stuff will be shown at toy fair.
fireranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 09:37 AM   #553
MMPRangerFan86
'90s kid!

Roboboard wrote: View Post

Wave 3 of Legacy figures due out in U.K. at the end of February.
so does this mean we will see wave 3 very soon state side?
MMPRangerFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:07 AM   #554
Roboboard
It ain't nothing but love

MMPRangerFan86 wrote: View Post

so does this mean we will see wave 3 very soon state side?
Not necessarily I believe for the states it's a late march/early April.
Roboboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 10:59 AM   #555
QwkSILV3R
Power Ranger

Roboboard wrote: View Post

Not necessarily I believe for the states it's a late march/early April.
Not necessarily. The March/early April date was based on BBTS release date. They are usually late to the game for figure releases. Based on the usual timeline, we should see them starting to pop up in TRU and Target late February, early March.
QwkSILV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 11:08 AM   #556
Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

As far as the duplicate figure is concerned, putting aside the whole
female / male debate, If you pack the sixth ranger figures or the red ranger
two-per-case, they will probably sell better based on recognition. Especially
for the older series.

To me, if Andros had been packed in each case twice for wave 2 there would
not be many of them peg warming. In this area, he is outselling all three MMPR figures.

It is kind of like the Super Megaforce Legendary Rangers. Outside of Megaforce Red
and Super Megaforce Red, the Red Rangers seemed to always sell through pretty well.
Same goes with the sixth rangers.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 02:25 PM   #557
Havoc0213
Power Ranger

Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

for the older series.

not be many of them peg warming. In this area, he is outselling all three MMPR figures.

It is kind of like the Super Megaforce Legendary Rangers. Outside of Megaforce Red
and Super Megaforce Red, the Red Rangers seemed to always sell through pretty well.
I thought about that, too. Doubling reds and sixths. There are some who pass on entire teams and just go for leaders and sixth rangers out of preference, space issues...etc
Havoc0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 06:30 PM   #558
CryloBen
Uuza Douza Uru Zanga

eBay
Dino_Ranger_White wrote: View Post

for the older series.

I wish that were the case here. I'd love to come across anybody that isnt Dustin, and Tori. And an MMPR figure that isnt Kimberly..
CryloBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2017, 08:10 PM   #559
GWRRB
Power Ranger

Not sure where this would go, but I found this in Burbank TRU, $14.99
GWRRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2017, 01:29 AM   #560
Judge Joker
At a peace conference

What's that to the side with the Samurai and SPD Red Rangers?
Judge Joker is offline   Reply With Quote