Home Menu

Menu

Old July 11th, 2018, 02:10 PM #2361
> Cosmo773
Power Ranger

Cosmo773
Power Ranger

In regards to LuPat, both toys and show, I have resigned myself to "it is what it is" and I'm leaving it at that. It still entertains and that's all I require.
Cosmo773 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 02:16 PM #2362
> Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Hmm?

It says he "Cho Keisatsu Change" for Super Lupin X. It does sound "Patranger" though, so it's definitely a Patranger henshin device.

Plot twist

In order to save both teams, Keiichiro DIES! Noel takes his VS changer and use to morph into Super Lupin X
Spider-Phoenix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 02:23 PM #2363
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Honestly, I think we're done with those for a while. They seem to be placing that into Q3, most likely to combat the low sales at the end of the year thanks to brick mecha.
Yeah, I figure it's the start of a new trend.

D'you mean that the brick mecha have been selling poorly? Would that be sort of like how big toys like Hasbro's Titan Class Transformers get released in the summer so they're discounted by Christmas? Release a big brick in October and it's still pricey by Christmas?
TealMystechRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 02:40 PM #2364
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

TealMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Yeah, I figure it's the start of a new trend.

D'you mean that the brick mecha have been selling poorly? Would that be sort of like how big toys like Hasbro's Titan Class Transformers get released in the summer so they're discounted by Christmas? Release a big brick in October and it's still pricey by Christmas?
I don't think they've been selling poorly; just not where Bandai wants them to sell. Space is a premium in Japan, and all that. Selling 3, cheap, regular toys to close out the year in the mainline may help more parents want to buy them for their kids.

Actually the bricks usually get marked down for Christmas anyway; in essence, it doesn't really create a large profit margin for them.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 02:44 PM #2365
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

Ah, fair enough on both counts. Thanks!
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:09 PM #2366
> TFDUDE
Decepticon

TFDUDE
Decepticon

Wasn't one of the leaked changer sounds just a blank Lupinranger one? Could Magnum be what triggers it? Maybe Magnum has sounds that play after it's put in the changer, kind of like when you put the Hazard Trigger or Magma Knuckle in the Build Driver.
TFDUDE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:16 PM #2367
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

TFDUDE wrote: View Post

Wasn't one of the leaked changer sounds just a blank Lupinranger one? Could Magnum be what triggers it? Maybe Magnum has sounds that play after it's put in the changer, kind of like when you put the Hazard Trigger or Magma Knuckle in the Build Driver.

There's always at least one "blank" left in the changers to allow for programmable sounds.

I don't know if Magnum will activate anything in the Changer, but all of the sounds advertised are from it as none of them appear in the Changer leaks.

There is a Festival Rise sound that we still haven't figured out, maybe there?

Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:25 PM #2368
> HikaruonR
Power Ranger

HikaruonR
Power Ranger

I have think the catalog have made a mistake (like design from Sharakiri Sports Catalog) but I think they cannot transform in Super Patren#1 but in Super Patren U-go
HikaruonR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:34 PM #2369
> TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

TealMystechRanger
or AcceLOWorst

HikaruonR wrote: View Post

I have think the catalog have made a mistake (like design from Sharakiri Sports Catalog) but I think they cannot transform in Super Patren#1 but in Super Patren U-go
I don't think Sports Gamer was a mistake, just an older design that they went on to tweak either after the catalogue was printed or otherwise without remembering to send the newer design. Drago Knight Hunter Z was also shown with a different design. Not that uncommon for things to change - Ghost's Q1 catalogue had two GhostxDriver film-exclusive Eyecons which never transpired. And Build Q2 had GoldScorpion but we wound up with RoseCopter.

It could be something like that, or it could be something else entirely. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old July 11th, 2018, 05:52 PM #2370
> The No More Hero
Power Ranger

The No More Hero
Power Ranger

Aren't the toy catalogs typically for the retailers and not for the general audience? If so, it would make sense for how the Q4 looks. Keiichiro may be popular, but Toei and retailers are Team Money, and know who sells? The Lupinrangers.

They were hot from the get go while the Pats had to win over their fanbase (for the most part), and let's be real, retailers don't watch the show, they just know that the Lupinrangers flew off the shelves when the show debuted. And Toei knows that and they also know that since the Patrangers have a pretty niche fanbase outside of the general public and retailers, they can sell any future Pat merch as P-Bandai merch, So it's a win-win for Team Money.

Although I really hope "Siren Lupin Kaiser" is a typo/not official.

Last edited by The No More Hero; July 11th, 2018 at 06:36 PM.
The No More Hero is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 07:11 PM #2371
> shogeco
Power Ranger

shogeco
Power Ranger

Newbie on RB here but been lurking these threads for awhile. I just wanted add my thoughts on the toy catalog scans we just got.

I feel like it's a bit of a disappointment that all the merch is Lupin centric and the upgrade went to Lupin X while Patren 1 hasn't gotten a single thing. Some are theorizing that Super Lupin X is Keiichiro due to the need for the changer and the Patranger sounds, but that doesn't seem like the case at all. It's definitely a power up for Noel's Lupin X as to signify the unity of the Lupin and Patranger (or at least the powers). Hopefully, Patren 1 will get a power up through Premium Bandai or something down the line.

I kinda hope that the Lupin Magnum is actually a bangai hero that can both fight in the field human sized and turn into a mechanic because it's been a while since we had a bangai hero. To me that would be the saving grace for this catalog, but if it turns out that it's just a regular gun that can turn into a mecha just cause just be a talking gun/mini robo would be incredibly disappointing to me and adds nothing to the show.
shogeco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 08:31 PM #2372
> zZigxZagz
Gattai!

zZigxZagz
Gattai!

The No More Hero wrote: View Post

Aren't the toy catalogs typically for the retailers and not for the general audience? If so, it would make sense for how the Q4 looks. Keiichiro may be popular, but Toei and retailers are Team Money, and know who sells? The Lupinrangers.

They were hot from the get go while the Pats had to win over their fanbase (for the most part), and let's be real, retailers don't watch the show, they just know that the Lupinrangers flew off the shelves when the show debuted. And Toei knows that and they also know that since the Patrangers have a pretty niche fanbase outside of the general public and retailers, they can sell any future Pat merch as P-Bandai merch, So it's a win-win for Team Money.

Although I really hope "Siren Lupin Kaiser" is a typo/not official.
I find IF Lupin's merchs sell better (haven't heared anything about it), it is simply because the planes look more interesting than the mediocre Pat's cars. The only bad looking one so far is cyclone. We have jet, old school/futuristic plane, stealth bomber, blimp, commercial Airbus/Boeing, pretty diverse, easily recognized and looking good enough, even better without the safe and dock gimmick. And as people mentioned, Victory LupinKaiser has an actually pilot head, pretty fitting. I feel most of the Pat's cars are weak in designs, been there, done that, nothing interesting...

People love Keiichiro but Toei and Bandai already decided the outcome a year ago.
zZigxZagz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 10:06 PM #2373
> LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

LazerwolfX
Fight of Hammer

Of course they love Keiichiro, hes literally the best part of the show.
LazerwolfX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 01:35 AM #2374
> Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Honestly, I like the look of the Patrangers' zords better. Just wish Tsukasa's ranger color and zord were blue though (not letting that go way )

Didn't like Lupin Kaiser much. But Lupin Rex redeemed the design by being absolutely beautiful.
Spider-Phoenix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 01:45 AM #2375
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Still dissapointed the Patranger arent Red, Blue and Yellow, and the Lupinranger Red, Green and Pink to be honnest XD

As for the mecha, i like the Machine Triggers more than the Dial Fighters, but i prefer the Lupinranger Gattai (I like Pat Kaiser Splash more than Lupin Kaiser Magic, though).
AdamPark62 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 02:00 AM #2376
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

Honestly, I like the look of the Patrangers' zords better. Just wish Tsukasa's ranger color and zord were blue though (not letting that go way )
Do you think Sakuya's Ranger colour and zord should've been yellow after saying about you wished that Tsukasa should've been blue? Because in that way, we would've had a Red/Blue/Yellow set for each team.
AdrenalineRush is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 06:06 AM #2377
> takatomon
Power Ranger

takatomon
Power Ranger

AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

Still dissapointed the Patranger arent Red, Blue and Yellow, and the Lupinranger Red, Green and Pink to be honnest XD

As for the mecha, i like the Machine Triggers more than the Dial Fighters, but i prefer the Lupinranger Gattai (I like Pat Kaiser Splash more than Lupin Kaiser Magic, though).
I kind of wondered why Toei didn't make Patrangers, the Red Blue Yellow formation as well. They could have done different shades of Blue, Yellow as well. It would have harken back to the Go-Busters days to me. Not to mention but Blue has such a strong affiliation as a Police colour.
takatomon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 07:35 AM #2378
> tavionjackson
Power Ranger

tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Saw this pic on 2ch.
http://imgur.com/sXHp07V
tavionjackson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 07:39 AM #2379
> Visser Three
Power Ranger

Visser Three
Power Ranger

If it were me I would have the Pats be red, blue and black. Those are typically all the colors used in police uniforms and squad cars.
Visser Three is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:33 AM #2380
> zZigxZagz
Gattai!

zZigxZagz
Gattai!

Back to episode 22. A little strange that X can't launch train Fire/Thunder by himself, does it mean he will be always need to be in good terms with both teams to get his X-Emperor out or just simply order/steal 1 or 2 VS Changer if he's into dual wield.

I'm really impressed with X gattai sequence. It's the best thing I have seen in the show so far. Toei did an awesome job to promote X trains, it's just Bandai is usually the one slacking off (one of them is completely remove X's soundtracks - the one when he summons his trains/gattai in the toy).
zZigxZagz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
wheresmylionzord