Home Menu

Menu

Old July 11th, 2018, 09:32 PM #2581
> livemrcraig
Power Ranger

livemrcraig
Power Ranger

If Hasbro makes power ranger legends wave at half speed they do Marvel legends we could have the entire zordon era done in 6 inch scale by 2020.
livemrcraig is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 07:00 AM #2582
> GreenRanger121490
Power Ranger

GreenRanger121490
Power Ranger

I was thinking since American action figures have to have muscles especially on super heroes, what if they just use the mold they use for Spider-Man. I've seen some spidey legends figures and hes the right amount of thin sleekness and just a bit of muscle. Perfect for a new line of rangers. Oh and for the love of God PLEASE give us their main weapon and have the build a figure be that seasons general with the big bad being in the case as well as the foot soldier. In fact think of this, The season one putty is packed in the wave with the Z putty being a store eexclusive/chase figure. Maybe even do a couple of popular monster of the days. Obviously king sphinx, pudgy pig, and terror toad and bones just as suggestions. Also please..no busty female rangers..do it to some female villains where its appropriate but not the lady rangers please. If they can do some of these then I'll be buying their figures.
GreenRanger121490 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 07:46 AM #2583
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

GreenRanger121490 wrote: View Post

I was thinking since American action figures have to have muscles especially on super heroes, what if they just use the mold they use for Spider-Man. I've seen some spidey legends figures and hes the right amount of thin sleekness and just a bit of muscle. Perfect for a new line of rangers. Oh and for the love of God PLEASE give us their main weapon and have the build a figure be that seasons general with the big bad being in the case as well as the foot soldier. In fact think of this, The season one putty is packed in the wave with the Z putty being a store eexclusive/chase figure. Maybe even do a couple of popular monster of the days. Obviously king sphinx, pudgy pig, and terror toad and bones just as suggestions. Also please..no busty female rangers..do it to some female villains where its appropriate but not the lady rangers please. If they can do some of these then I'll be buying their figures.
Do they though? That mentality should go out to the window imo, especially when we are talking about a collector line. Yes, the figures have to be marketable to *everyone*, but a big complaint amongst the older fans has been the steroid rangers. Sure Spider-Man isn't a steroid monster, but he's also trying to be panel accurate to the comics, where the characters are still muscle covered, etc. If we're going screen accurate, maybe they put folds etc into the design for the suit, but if we are reaching Spiderman territory, I think it's gone too far. Maybe MCU Spiderman figures capture the idea of a power ranger's on screen build more than the comic versions (like Pizza Spidey)

Take a look at Marvel legends Black Widows...any one of them really. If we can get that effect on both the men and women, I think we are in. Make up for the 'simiplicity' of the ranger by including the interchangeable hands (roll call, general fighting hands and weapon holding hands) and the crucial accessories (main weapons, sidearms and holdable versions of the sidearms if not included).
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:04 AM #2584
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

I'd prefer they look like the Power Rangers actors body type. In general the guys and girls are bigger then their japanese counterparts. But they aren't showing 6 packs and 20 packs like Bandai liked to do. I agree with the folding design. Just have folds around the developed muscle groups. It looks better and implies they are wearing shoots and aren't painted on. They should think of it as armor and not super tight spandex. At the very least the girls shouldn't have this super skinny waist, tiny feet, tiny legs, and a super large cup size. Even the biggest actress didn't push those things out like Bandai of America thought they did.

Also not toy related but I think it's time the Sentai do a costume upgrade. They need to move past just screen printing the designs and actually adding 3D flourishes like they do for the comic book movie suits. Take Zeo for instance, the toys actually have a better look because the "gold" bits have a thickness to them like an armor. Basically take the MOS S, Raimi Spider-man raised webbing and apply it to the suits.
DesignIncase is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:52 AM #2585
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

I was at my local comic shop when the MMPR Figuarts were being released. The only one they had in stock at the time was the Black Ranger. I overheard one guy point it out to his buddy, who I have to assume was a big Power Rangers fan. He scoffed at it and said, "You can't even see the muscles and stuff." He said he'd go to Target and get a better one.

It blew my damn mind to discover there are people out there who actually prefer the painted-on, roided-out look of the American figures, but I guess they're out there. One of the many things I love about SHF is that it's the closest we've ever gotten to figures looking like the characters do on the show.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:59 AM #2586
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

I was at my local comic shop when the MMPR Figuarts were being released. The only one they had in stock at the time was the Black Ranger. I overheard one guy point it out to his buddy, who I have to assume was a big Power Rangers fan. He scoffed at it and said, "You can't even see the muscles and stuff." He said he'd go to Target and get a better one.

It blew my damn mind to discover there are people out there who actually prefer the painted-on, roided-out look of the American figures, but I guess they're out there. One of the many things I love about SHF is that it's the closest we've ever gotten to figures looking like the characters do on the show.
My soul...it hurts... lol.
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:12 AM #2587
> DesignIncase
Power Ranger

DesignIncase
Power Ranger

Well the SHF I think still take design liberties I dislike but they prioritize the appearance and articulation that offsets that. Those are not stiff figures and can be put into very dynamic poses.

In some cases they comes off as children like bodies due to the skinniness but I'd prefer that over what BOA did with the legacy line.
DesignIncase is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:59 AM #2588
> DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

Activator wrote: View Post

My soul...it hurts... lol.
As does mine....as does mine.
DarthKamen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 11:12 AM #2589
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

Congratulations. There are people that like things that you don’t like. It’s a big world outside the echo chambers.

One main problem with the SHF versions of Sentai/PR figures was that they were too thin. Sure, their articulation and accessories are great but they look like stick figures wearing spandex. Kamen Riders can get away with it most of the time due to the nature of the suits. There’s a reason Tamashii stopped making Sentai SHF.

While BoA went the total opposite direction and made them muscular (their “heroic” appearance), the figures were selling. Hasbro just has to tone down the musculature a bit and make the breasts on the female rangers look properly.
Lord-Zero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 11:33 AM #2590
> Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay
Falcon6
Its time to d-d-d-d-dduel

eBay

Even BOJ can make overly muscular figures. *cough*gingaman*cough*
Falcon6 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 12:02 PM #2591
> livemrcraig
Power Ranger

livemrcraig
Power Ranger

I'm wondering now, what ranger did Bandai see they made them think the 6 packs were okay on the guys and the girls had to have such large breast because I don't know what power rangers they were watching.
livemrcraig is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 12:09 PM #2592
> DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

Lord-Zero wrote: View Post

Congratulations. There are people that like things that you don’t like. It’s a big world outside the echo chambers. .
Yeah he was surprised to hear someone have an incredibly rare opinion.
Old July 12th, 2018, 12:36 PM #2593
> ⚡Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay
Taichi
Paint it Red...

32 eBay

One main problem with the SHF versions of Sentai/PR figures was that they were too thin. Sure, their articulation and accessories are great but they look like stick figures wearing spandex. Kamen Riders can get away with it most of the time due to the nature of the suits. There’s a reason Tamashii stopped making Sentai SHF.
Well, the stopped because they didn't sell.

But I completely agree. That was always my problem with Figuarts Sentai. Until Goranger and Sun Vulcan, where they FINALLY started adding in texture and folds, everything before was bad. And very inconsistent.

But a mixture of both would be okay. I don't mind muscular, just not roid-out... and not thin and lanky.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 12:46 PM #2594
> Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay
Lord-Zero
Chameliac was trolled...

eBay

DarthKamen wrote: View Post

Yeah he was surprised to hear someone have an incredibly rare opinion.
Not too “rare” of an opinion unless you think the people in the echo chambers are the majority. The western action figure market is more populated by muscular figures. The reason BoA kept making the muscular figures was because they sold well.

@livecraig: BoA has mentioned it before: it’s a “heroic” look. These figures are competing with every other action figure line out there. Lanky/skinny rangers aren’t going to be attractive enough for the casual custumers unless it’s a very stylized figure (SD style, chibi, retrofire, etc). As for the girls, yes, the breasts made the way they did it isn’t how spandex works on the female body but I guess they were going for a more...”sexual appeal” and highlight the feminine shape. At least the Legacy figures aren’t as muscular as the Armored Might figures.

@Falcon6: Oh yes, that Gingaman figure...
Lord-Zero is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 02:55 PM #2595
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

Not too “rare” of an opinion unless you think the people in the echo chambers are the majority. The western action figure market is more populated by muscular figures. The reason BoA kept making the muscular figures was because they sold well.
Coming from a supposed adult collector in a specialty shop, yeah, it's a surprising opinion to hear. That would be like someone seeing a high end Mafex figure of Spider-Man and complaining that he doesn't shoot web-shaped missiles out of his arm like the ones you can buy for $10 at Walmart. The overly muscular "hero" bodies are meant to be more appealing to younger target audience of PR (under ten years of age), just like the goofy action gimmicks.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 03:09 PM #2596
> MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

MysteryRanger
Power Ranger

I happen to like the Bandai America AND Bandai Japan figures
MysteryRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 03:49 PM #2597
> Judge Joker
Repulsive

Judge Joker
Repulsive

Personally, I prefer the legacy figures to the figuarts. I like their size, and they feel more solid. I would change some things, like the female mold being more realistic, but in general, I find them to be much more pleasing.
Judge Joker is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 03:50 PM #2598
> DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

DarthKamen
Just RESET.....

Not too “rare” of an opinion unless you think the people in the echo chambers are the majority. The western action figure market is more populated by muscular figures. The reason BoA kept making the muscular figures was because they sold well. .
Yeah, the smaller younger aged figures are filled with muscle bound figures. But look at Marvel Legends, the only overly muscular characters are comic based figures that were drawn that way.

So yeah I'd say it's pretty rare for an adult collector to prefer the muscle bound figures.
Old July 12th, 2018, 05:39 PM #2599
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Do people really hate muscles that much?

I think they make the figures look a bit more mature and serious. And the muscles arent even that big.. it makes nice detail imo. Its not like they’re buff like thanos or something lol

In the american footage the actors were far more ripped than their sentai counterparts anyway.

Figuarts are cool but they are a bit too skinny.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 05:56 PM #2600
> RedSurge
Power Ranger

RedSurge
Power Ranger

Is it sad I'm an adult collector who could care less, muscles or no muscles?
RedSurge is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote