Home Menu

Menu



View Poll Results: Which should be the next chase figure?
MMPR Pink Ranger 188 48.21%
MMPR Pink Ranger
188 48.21%
PRZ Red Ranger 73 18.72%
PRZ Red Ranger
73 18.72%
PRTF Quantum Ranger 47 12.05%
PRTF Quantum Ranger
47 12.05%
PRNS Red Ranger 4 1.03%
PRNS Red Ranger
4 1.03%
PRDT Blue Ranger 3 0.77%
PRDT Blue Ranger
3 0.77%
PRSPD Omega Ranger 13 3.33%
PRSPD Omega Ranger
13 3.33%
PRMF Solaris Knight 62 15.90%
PRMF Solaris Knight
62 15.90%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Closed
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2009, 09:01 AM #381
King Ranger's Avatar
> King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,141
eBay
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy
King Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,141
eBay



I've given up on the ones they've listed and I've written in asking for the paisley ranger.
King Ranger is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 10:08 AM #382
Jhiaxus's Avatar
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,687
Jhiaxus
Pain is power!
Jhiaxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,687



prgbud wrote: View Post

That's a stupid thing to think if thats all you got out of my post.
How you got that, I don't even know. You should read what I'm actually responding too, think about it and then make your post.
Your statement was asinine.

I find it pointless to still debate about this. We can debate all we want, in the end, it's gonna show what the people wanted or should I say what they wanted more. plain and simple.
So...you focus on the part of my response that was deliberately written in satire and throw out everything else I wrote?

Awesome. Just makin' sure.

Let's look at it from another angle.

Let's say instead of a single figure, Bandai wanted us to vote on which SEASON would get a full assortment of Super Legends figures. In that case, yes, I would vote for Mighty Morphin.

But as it's been pointed out before, there is no guarantee that if MMPR Pink wins Bandai will go, "Well! Guess we better make 'em all!" And like I said before, I'd rather see a standout character from each season first before a complete team.

Will I boycott Bandai if Pink does win? No, because I still am an old fan of MMPR. But as a fan of G.I. Joe, Transformers and Power Rangers, I've learned not to view everything through a rose-colored nostalgic haze and make rational, thoughtful decisions instead of the knee-jerk reaction "WAAH! IT'S DIFFERENT FROM WHEN I WAS EIGHT! I DON'T LIKE IT!!!"

Last edited by Jhiaxus; March 14th, 2009 at 10:20 AM.
Jhiaxus is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM #383
JDF'd's Avatar
> JDF'd
When I Move, I Slice Like A Fucking Hammer
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 23,667
JDF'd
When I Move, I Slice Like A Fucking Hammer
JDF'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 23,667



ElusiveWookiee wrote: View Post

While I agree that there may be kids who liked Mystic Force still buying PR toys, I think they'd be missing another group: the nostalgia collectors.

I really enjoyed Mystic Force (apparently one of the few who did...), but I didn't buy any of the figures from it. The "Hot Topic" crowd would gobble up another MMPR, but Solaris Knight would just be another of the "stupid rangers" from a series after they moved on from the show.

Which demographic is worth more to Bandai? Even though I'm an adult collector, I have no interest in anything past Turbo or Space. I'm sure I'm not alone in that thinking. Green Samurai Ranger will stay hanging in the store when I find it, and I would have zero interest in any figures in that poll aside from Pink MMPR or Zeo 5.

Aside from the hardcore adult collector, and a small group of kids who have stayed fans, I'm not sure who would be buying Solaris. I understand the former group wants the figure to complete their collections, and I don't deny that one should have been made, but I don't think the demand will be there now.
I'm sure you're not alone. But if they want to admit it or not hardcore collectors are going to buy any SL toy just because it's a SL toy. I'm simply stating that the group who would buy it just because it's a SL toy coupled with today's kids who remember MF is a far larger group than those that share your mentality of a figure needing to be really old to want it. A.k.a. the nostalgia collector.

"Which demographic is worth more to Bandai?" Well, the grand answer to that is simple: kids. That's always been the demographic that meant the most to them. That's the group that would want Solaris. Like I've said in the past, MF is only three seasons removed so it'd be naive to thing that all the kids who were fans when MF was on have already moved on. At least SPD-present is in that wheelhouse. I just don't get what makes people think that group of kids is small. How is it small? If it was small than PR would have been cancelled a long time ago. Kids buying the toys is one of the huge reasons the show has stuck around. The cardinal sin that I see collectors make over and over again is underestimating the size and power those kids have.

I hate to tell you this man but you're definitely in the minority. There are more collectors who will buy all chasers no matter who they are than collectors who only want figures from really old seasons. And these kids? Their numbers dwarf your own.

I'd hedge my money that if this poll was mail in and stuffed in the current toys' boxes or the web address was printed on the boxes that kids would vote for Omega or Solaris since those are the recent ones they remember. Obviously it's not and I fully expect MMPR Pink or perhaps a minor upset from yet another Tommy figure because the poll is tailored for older fans. No question. I'm merely stating which figure would produce the most potential buyers.

Edit: *sigh* I'm officially bored of this topic. I've released all of my venom and logic.

Last edited by JDF'd; March 14th, 2009 at 10:39 AM.
JDF'd is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 01:34 PM #384
ZeroXMarquis's Avatar
> ZeroXMarquis
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,260
ZeroXMarquis
Banned
ZeroXMarquis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,260



ElusiveWookiee wrote: View Post

Even though I'm an adult collector, I have no interest in anything past Turbo or Space. I'm sure I'm not alone in that thinking.
Not alone.
ZeroXMarquis is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM #385
Heroblob's Avatar
> Heroblob
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,280
Heroblob
Banned
Heroblob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,280



The Zeo automorphs had good articulation, but I can understand the desire for a less beefy-looking Zeo figure. I voted for Zeo Red, Abare Blue, and Solaris Knight with different email accounts. I'd love to see any one of those with the RPM body, but Pink with that body would be... I don't know, a little odd. Kimberley was in good shape, not stick-thin shape.
Heroblob is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM #386
CyroRanger's Avatar
> CyroRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 634
CyroRanger
Power Ranger
CyroRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 634



I voted for MMPR Pink. It would be sweet to see a female SL figure and I'd like to see them complete the MMPR rangers.
CyroRanger is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM #387
ZeroXMarquis's Avatar
> ZeroXMarquis
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,260
ZeroXMarquis
Banned
ZeroXMarquis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,260



Tommy wrote: View Post


Yeah, but that figure is damn near impossible to track down. Though, I completely agree with your Zeo figure critique.
ZeroXMarquis is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM #388
Jhiaxus's Avatar
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,687
Jhiaxus
Pain is power!
Jhiaxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,687



ZeroXMarquis wrote: View Post

Yeah, but that figure is damn near impossible to track down. Though, I completely agree with your Zeo figure critique.
If Solaris Knight fans can repaint Magishine, then MMPR Pink fans can repaint Movie Pink.
Jhiaxus is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:48 PM #389
prgbud's Avatar
> prgbud
Body Beautiful
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,297
prgbud
Body Beautiful
prgbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,297



JDF'd wrote: View Post

I never said chasers weren't meant for collectors. Please actually read my comments for content this time.
prgbud wrote: View Post

You didn't say chaser's weren't for collectors
You should take your own advice and actually read my sentences.

JDF'd wrote: View Post

If you get that offended by people making sex jokes about your desire for a Pink Ranger then there's either a shred of truth in that statement or you need to grow thicker skin. Seriously man, RB might not be the place for you if you took any offense.
Grow a thicker skin? you're the one that kinda got a little hurt over the "Get over it" remark that basically wasn't stated directly at you. And the fact that people make sex jokes about a toy doesn't affect or bother me personally to the extent that you're making it out to be.

It makes collectors look bad. It give all of us that stereotypical 40 year old virgin war of worlds nerd persona that half of us, well most of us aren't even about. Plus it makes them look like an ass.

And I don't have two. I lost one and one's in a package. your point about that?

I digress, to both you and Jhiaxus. I'm tired of arguing over a toy that is obviously going to be released. (MMPR Pink)

Call it a "defeat" if you want. It just isn't worth my time anymore.
prgbud is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM #390
Jhiaxus's Avatar
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,687
Jhiaxus
Pain is power!
Jhiaxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,687



prgbud wrote: View Post

I'm tired of arguing over a toy that is obviously going to be released. (MMPR Pink)

Call it a "defeat" if you want. It just isn't worth my time anymore.
"I can't convince you to see my point of view, so I'm going to be the bigger man and walk away.

But I'm still right. Nya!"
Jhiaxus is offline    
Old March 14th, 2009, 07:20 PM #391
Phantom6's Avatar
> Phantom6
Dark things fear my light
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 19,164
eBay
Phantom6
Dark things fear my light
Phantom6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 19,164
eBay



... ... ...


Holy hell! You guys do realize you're arguing over pieces of plastic right?
Phantom6 is offline    
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:04 AM #392
Peter's Avatar
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 29,313
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 29,313



ElusiveWookiee wrote: View Post

Aside from the hardcore adult collector, and a small group of kids who have stayed fans, I'm not sure who would be buying Solaris.
The thing of that, though, is the exact same logic can (and should) be applied to a MMPR Pink Ranger. Aside from the hardcore fans, who's gonna be buying the damn thing? Current PR fans weren't even alive when Kimberly was on the team. It's the reason the chasers at the moment *are* chasers.

And if the argument, "Well, that doesn't matter. Bandai's aiming for the collector's market" works for Kim, then why not Solaris? I mean seriously, that "marketing for collectors" works for Kim, it works for Solaris as well. Hell, I know I *would* only be interested in MMPR Pink if I could get Red, Blue, Black and Yellow as well. Without them I'd pass.

It's the same reason I never bothered with the Green or White MMPR figures, or the Gold Ranger for that matter. Yeah, they're pretty, but I want the whole damn team.

From what I've seen, NO ONE is buying the Retrofire Megazords. The thousands of old-school collectors and hundreds of casual nostalgic fans don't measure up to the millions of units produced.
'Cause they're fugly as sin. That'd be the big count against them.
Peter is online now    
Old March 15th, 2009, 09:07 AM #393
DiEnd's Avatar
> DiEnd
true, true
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,001
32 eBay
DiEnd
true, true
DiEnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,001
32 eBay



The retrofire zords look awesome and if there were any stores that FUCKINGSOLDTHEM~~!!!@!!@!!@ in my area I'd buy 'em.
DiEnd is offline    
Old March 15th, 2009, 07:11 PM #394
dekablueranger's Avatar
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 296
dekablueranger
Power Ranger
dekablueranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 296



Tommy wrote: View Post

By the way guys, I've seen people mention how they think this is for the Fall SL series, but keep in mind that action figures generally take about a year from conception to finished product on the shelves. It's the reason why anytime Bandai puts out figures with civilian Ranger heads or US villains they end up in the fall line. The only way Bandai could have any of these out in time for the next series would be if they A.) Already made prototypes for ALL of them assuming they'll get to each one sooner or later, or B.) Made a prototypes for the figure(s) they assume will win, meaning the poll is just BS to make us think we matter. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, I mean anyone could predict MMPR Pink is a shoe in to win this thing. If they are taking this poll seriously however, expect 2 more Super Legends before they get to the winner(s) of this.
^ well i guess we will find that out in the next issue of Toyfare because that's when they are going to reveal the winner.
dekablueranger is offline    
Old March 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM #395
kdogg87's Avatar
> kdogg87
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 874
kdogg87
Power Ranger
kdogg87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 874



Tommy wrote: View Post

By the way guys, I've seen people mention how they think this is for the Fall SL series, but keep in mind that action figures generally take about a year from conception to finished product on the shelves. It's the reason why anytime Bandai puts out figures with civilian Ranger heads or US villains they end up in the fall line. The only way Bandai could have any of these out in time for the next series would be if they A.) Already made prototypes for ALL of them assuming they'll get to each one sooner or later, or B.) Made a prototypes for the figure(s) they assume will win, meaning the poll is just BS to make us think we matter. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, I mean anyone could predict MMPR Pink is a shoe in to win this thing. If they are taking this poll seriously however, expect 2 more Super Legends before they get to the winner(s) of this.
Prototype? All they need are a new helmet, paint job, and to take the "tires" off of the RPM model. The only figure that would actually require a prototype would be Solaris, for the armor reasons.

But hey, that's just my opinion. We'll see what happens in Toyfare. But I won't assume that it'll be in the next issue. They may announce it 2 or 3 issues from now.
kdogg87 is offline    
Old March 15th, 2009, 07:47 PM #396
GreenRangerForever's Avatar
> GreenRangerForever
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,301
GreenRangerForever
Banned
GreenRangerForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,301



They should just remake this whole set and i GUARANTEE they will make millions on them

GreenRangerForever is offline    
Old March 15th, 2009, 07:52 PM #397
Magmafire2374's Avatar
> Magmafire2374
SoCal Ranger Fan
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,662
4
Magmafire2374
SoCal Ranger Fan
Magmafire2374's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,662
4



The RPM body type is fine. She won't look anorexic.



It'll work out fine.
Magmafire2374 is offline    
Old March 15th, 2009, 09:50 PM #398
Jhiaxus's Avatar
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,687
Jhiaxus
Pain is power!
Jhiaxus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,687



Magmafire2374 wrote: View Post

The RPM body type is fine. She won't look anorexic.



It'll work out fine.
Then why does everyone say Bear Ranger looks too thin?
Jhiaxus is offline    
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:09 PM #399
Magmafire2374's Avatar
> Magmafire2374
SoCal Ranger Fan
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,662
4
Magmafire2374
SoCal Ranger Fan
Magmafire2374's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,662
4



Jhiaxus wrote: View Post

Then why does everyone say Bear Ranger looks too thin?
*shrugs* To each their own. Ranger Yellow doesn't look out of place with the rest of the RPM line in my opinion. The figure is thin when compared with the older female figure body types used in the past. With the rest of the RPM line though the female figure's body looks fine. So it's really relative to what you are comparing it with.
Magmafire2374 is offline    
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:41 PM #400
Angelbear01's Avatar
> Angelbear01
The Red Triforian Ranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,458
512
Angelbear01
The Red Triforian Ranger
Angelbear01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,458
512



grnrngr wrote: View Post

Ninjor in figure scale would be nice - and something I don't think I've seen suggested (at least not in a long, long time).
Hell, even a figure scale TRANSFORMING Ninjor would be cooler.
Angelbear01 is offline    
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.