Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: Which should be the next chase figure?
MMPR Pink Ranger 188 48.21%
MMPR Pink Ranger
188 48.21%
PRZ Red Ranger 73 18.72%
PRZ Red Ranger
73 18.72%
PRTF Quantum Ranger 47 12.05%
PRTF Quantum Ranger
47 12.05%
PRNS Red Ranger 4 1.03%
PRNS Red Ranger
4 1.03%
PRDT Blue Ranger 3 0.77%
PRDT Blue Ranger
3 0.77%
PRSPD Omega Ranger 13 3.33%
PRSPD Omega Ranger
13 3.33%
PRMF Solaris Knight 62 15.90%
PRMF Solaris Knight
62 15.90%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

Old March 11th, 2009, 10:25 PM #281
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger

dekablueranger
Power Ranger

prgbud wrote: View Post

No, my arugment actually makes sense. to add to that. There are 3 more MMPR SL made. adding Pink would be better. I think SL SK would stick out way to much.
Not once did I say you were lazy, stop putting words in my mouth. plus the Solaris Knight that was released goes better with the figures now then the SL would. Like totally Kimberly deserves a decent figure. Like totally.

^ WTF , I didn't say you said that particulary I'm talking about everyone so yeah man cool down! I still think the Sk figures that were released sucked because it was just one bike figure with a nice helmet better than magishine and battilizer figure that was good? and you do know I'm making fun of Kim when i say totally. I don't want it to come across that I don't like her character just not a big fan of a figure for her.
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:35 PM #282
> prgbud
Body Beautiful

prgbud
Body Beautiful

dekablueranger wrote: View Post

^ WTF , I didn't say you said that particulary I'm talking about everyone so yeah man cool down! I still think the Sk figures that were released sucked because it was just one bike figure with a nice helmet better than magishine and battilizer figure that was good? and you do know I'm making fun of Kim when i say totally. I don't want it to come across that I don't like her character just not a big fan of a figure for her.
I don't know if it's coming across like I'm heated, but I'm not.
The SK figures did suck, true, but the pink automorph sucked even more.
Obviously I knew you were making fun of her. Like your words, were totally stylin'! haha... not really.
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:41 PM #283
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger

dekablueranger
Power Ranger

^ Yeah my bad if I sound heated too , but I just really want that Sk figure. I do hope bandai picks the top two figures then because we already have the first two revealed for this year so maybe they will pick the top two votes to release in the fall line.
found this bandai already made a super legends sk?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Rangers-Su...3%3A1|294%3A50
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:44 PM #284
> prgbud
Body Beautiful

prgbud
Body Beautiful

It does appear that MMPR Pink is in the lead with us, but Solaris is coming up slowly from behind.

I honestly would like a decent White Mystic Ranger, rather than a blue dino thunder ranger, wtf? where did that come from? that surely was out of nowhere.

That figure you posted is just apart of the "Heroes Line"
they just renamed it Super Legends even though it clearly isn't.
Thats just a rereleased bike figure.
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:50 PM #285
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger

dekablueranger
Power Ranger

^ Yeah Kimberley is winning why do you think I'm trying to defend Sk? lol!
Old March 11th, 2009, 10:59 PM #286
> dekablueranger
Power Ranger

dekablueranger
Power Ranger

Yeah i have that haha , but you if you look at that link I posted above BoA can make it look much nicer. I honestly don't care for how possible it is , just have the basic joints I'm fine with that.
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:02 PM #287
> the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

the real red ranger
A.K.A. Red

I think whats funny is how the second the winner is announced everyone will fall in line and start saying things like "Man the (insert name) is going to be anawsome figure!" AND then we'll all start fighting over whether or not this figure is gonna have this or if it'll do that. LOL to fandom!
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:32 AM #288
> Magmafire2374
SoCal Ranger Fan

Magmafire2374
SoCal Ranger Fan

Honestly, none of the choices on the list are god-awful choices. Bandai should just pick the top 4 for starting a full fledged SL line- MMPR Pink, Solaris Knight, Zeo Red, and Quantum . The best part out of the whole SL route they might take is that they are actually doing it, the second best part is being able to share the enjoyment and the hunt for the figures with the online fandom. For all the smack we talk about Bandai about not listening, it seems these last few years they are trying more.
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:03 AM #289
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

prgbud wrote: View Post

Kimberly is iconic to fans.
Hate to be the one to point this out, but the vast majority of current PR fans -- and the people who's parents will be buying merchandise for them -- weren't even alive when Kimberly was a Ranger.

Hell, Disney doesn't show repeats anymore, right? They probably don't even know who the hell she is.

So why would they make a figure that probably won't sell at all?
Old March 12th, 2009, 06:44 AM #290
> ElusiveWookiee
Powered Up For More

ElusiveWookiee
Powered Up For More

Peter wrote: View Post

Hate to be the one to point this out, but the vast majority of current PR fans -- and the people who's parents will be buying merchandise for them -- weren't even alive when Kimberly was a Ranger.

Hell, Disney doesn't show repeats anymore, right? They probably don't even know who the hell she is.

Just like Green, White, Gold, and Zedd didn't sell?

Seriously, they just made figures from the same season, and they were extremely well received. Aside from the second push of Gold/White that ended up on clearance with the rest of the late JF merchandise, the SLs have sold very well. Unless you're going to count GR's spiffy shield as a selling point to lure kids into buying a figure they'd never heard of, I'm not seeing the difference.

These figures are aimed at us. If a kid decides to pick a couple of them up, that's just all the better for Bandai.
Old March 12th, 2009, 06:54 AM #291
> Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Um... what part of "Collector Figure" do you not get?
Bandai has aimed this set at the older collector since day one.
It really has nothing to do with what mommy and daddy buy for their kid.

Not to mention the fact that Bandai is running a poll in a TOY COLLECTOR MAGAZINE, aka: Toyfare.
They want to know what character the toy collector wants next... not which one my 7 year-old cousin wants.
Old March 12th, 2009, 06:56 AM #292
> King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

eBay
King Ranger
NOT the TV-N guy

eBay

Well if that's the case, the green ranger wouldn't have sold much at all since he fall into the same category as her. For the fans that do, they'll buy her for nostalgia and her 'cool' factor. For new fans, most of them will see the 'collectible figure' across the top and buy her for the sake of her collectibility.

Tommy wrote: View Post

I mean how much more accurate do you people really need?

Btw I just found out that in addition to the twisting biceps and articulated cape the Magishine figure also has DOUBLE jointed knees!
The Bandai Japan Magishine isn't all that hot. His head in undersized, his hands are oversized, and his fists are 90 degrees to his arm, meaning that if you put the lamp buster into his hands and point it straight out, it points up at a 45 degree angle. Which means you have to have him shoot from the hip if you want to point it at anyone. Also the fact that he's yellow instead of gold detracts slightly from the overall look.

Also forgot to add that as far as his articulation, he articulated in the neck, shoulders, upper arms, elbow, wrists, hips, knee, and just below the knee. So 15 points of articulation.

Last edited by King Ranger; March 12th, 2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old March 12th, 2009, 08:45 AM #293
> Skiks
Power Ranger

Skiks
Power Ranger

Just for reference

I mean how much more accurate do you people really need?

Btw I just found out that in addition to the twisting biceps and articulated cape the Magishine figure also has DOUBLE jointed knees!
I still want a better gold look. I disliked it so much I went ahead and repainted it.

Something close to this would be nice.
Old March 12th, 2009, 10:41 AM #294
> Heroblob
Banned

Heroblob
Banned

Yeah, that's the kind of gold and detail I'd want in a magishine- the skarpet figure just has ugly color on its gold parts, and doesn't seem worth the money.
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:15 AM #295
> kdogg87
Power Ranger

kdogg87
Power Ranger

Even if Bandai did make a new one, do you really think their Solaris would live up to your expectations?
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM #296
> Skiks
Power Ranger

Skiks
Power Ranger

kdogg87 wrote: View Post

Even if Bandai did make a new one, do you really think their Solaris would live up to your expectations?
Well of course it wouldn't be perfection but I'm betting they'll make it as good as their other super legends.
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:24 AM #297
> kdogg87
Power Ranger

kdogg87
Power Ranger

The Magishine above is better than the super legends! And do you really think they'd give it shiny-gold coloring? The best we'd get is a dull yellow, anyway.
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:38 AM #298
> Skiks
Power Ranger

Skiks
Power Ranger

kdogg87 wrote: View Post

The Magishine above is better than the super legends! And do you really think they'd give it shiny-gold coloring? The best we'd get is a dull yellow, anyway.
If they gave it the green ranger's shield gold color or even white ranger I'd be a very happy person.
Old March 12th, 2009, 12:57 PM #299
> Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

Jhiaxus
Pain is power!

~snip~
Jeebuz, dude, did Solaris Knight run over your dog when you were a kid or something?
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM #300
> Judge Joker
Repulsive

Judge Joker
Repulsive

He's right though. We have one chance to get a girl figure in the Super Legends line, and all we have to do is vote for her. Bandai never give the girl rangers anything except the basic, so this is, dare I say it, our chance.
Closed