Home Menu

Menu

Old March 16th, 2019, 01:51 PM #4821
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

I think they can't use Peebo since he is from Bioman, an unadaptated season, and thus Hasbro/Boom don't have the rights for it?
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 02:19 PM #4822
> Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Reality Gangster

Mr. Yellow wrote: View Post

But at the same time comics have limitations because they have to be as expressive and appealing as possible with the limitation of only the drawings and dialogue.
For sure, and that feeds back into a need for designs which work well as still images. Just a difference of opinion on what works and doesn't.

there's a temptation and ability to be a bit more expansive.
As an artist I'd hate to be told to draw with the restrictions of a live action show, when it's not for live action. I see it as more than temptation, it makes sense, and landing a high-profile gig is a chance to show off your own designs.

Tensou comes to mind as a competent design, one that was almost exclusively CGI, and blended well with the show. People might not like the character or question its logistics, but the design was smart.

Remember Blobgoblin, from SPD's Robotpalooza? That 'character' typifies how an out-of-place design and aesthetic can break a scene. It's obviously a matter of degree, not everything rises to that level.

Would it kill them to draw a few back zippers or flaking foam crotches?

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

I think they can't use Peebo since he is from Bioman, an unadaptated season, and thus Hasbro/Boom don't have the rights for it?
We had several teams in Super Megaforce. Sun Vulcan and Goranger in the Action Card Game. Goranger was clearly featured on the 25th banner artwork (along with others), which Ultimate Visual History derives its cover art from.

Power Rangers hasn't been shy about borrowing art and iconography from Super Sentai. Are we to expect Saban paid extra to use those teams in Super Megaforce?

Last edited by Zeo Cereal; March 16th, 2019 at 02:25 PM.
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 16th, 2019, 02:44 PM #4823
> Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

As an artist I'd hate to be told to draw with the restrictions of a live action show, when it's not for live action. I see it as more than temptation, it makes sense, and landing a high-profile gig is a chance to show off your own designs.

Tensou comes to mind as a competent design, one that was almost exclusively CGI, and blended well with the show. People might not like the character or question its logistics, but the design was smart.

Remember Blobgoblin, from SPD's Robotpalooza? That 'character' typifies how an out-of-place design and aesthetic can break a scene. It's obviously a matter of degree, not everything rises to that level.

Would it kill them to draw a few back zippers or flaking foam crotches?
They definitely have a guideline, but with some freedom. At the same time they have make it feel comic bookish and yes appeal to a broad audience.

And I'm sure you didn't literally mean zippers, etc but just in general. I say nah, not to that degree. I like cheese and Power Rangers has a lot of cheese, but a lot of it doesn't go well in everything. The movie tried to hide the cheese elsewhere, and it's a matter of opinion whether or not it worked.

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

We had several teams in Super Megaforce. Sun Vulcan and Goranger in the Action Card Game. Goranger was clearly featured on the 25th banner artwork (along with others), which Ultimate Visual History derives its cover art from.

Power Rangers hasn't been shy about borrowing art and iconography from Super Sentai. Are we to expect Saban paid extra to use those teams in Super Megaforce?
Yeah, the Sentai rights thing is all over the board. We used to think they couldn't use any designs that didn't appear in Power Rangers, but the last several years have proven that wrong. I do know that Ishimori Productions WAS credited in Super Megaforce, possibly due to Goranger and JAKQ appearing briefly in the background. I'd say they could probably use Peebo, and if not it wouldn't be hard to get the permission to.
Mr. Yellow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 18th, 2019, 03:33 PM #4824
> Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart
Heart of A Lion <3

eBay
Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart
Heart of A Lion <3

eBay

GetTheeToABrewery wrote: View Post

Was it an issue where Peter broke his leg?
Https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/app...fac6ac07f080e3
Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2019, 03:57 PM #4825
> GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

GetTheeToABrewery
No Waltons Here

Ah, he broke his leg and the symbiote healed it. That makes a lot more sense.
GetTheeToABrewery is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2019, 04:26 PM #4826
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms

eBay

That's not the symbiote. That's a cloth version of the black costume he wore until Venom menaced MJ, and she didn't want to see that costume again.

Just Google "Todd Macfarlane Spider-Man". He put him in all sorts of contorted poses like that.
GoldAnyRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2019, 07:13 AM #4827
> Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart
Heart of A Lion <3

eBay
Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart
Heart of A Lion <3

eBay

No John, McFarlane is considered the pioneer is creating creepy, contorted "spidery" poses, and Drakkon's cover is a homage to this.
Aka[]_ion[]~[]eart is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:26 AM #4828
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

darkshadowranger wrote: View Post

GGPR#18

Rita's Mum having the dragon shield at the end was kinda awesome! Obviously Rita gets it from her and gives it to the Green Ranger.
Cool. I saw the preview for #17 and there was no shield for Greenie but I was wondering how that would be added by the time Tommy came.

I know we would’ve heard about it, but it may be coming later eventually (never too late for Volume 3). And that could be the reason why it wasn’t released, it was in poor taste and not well received at the time,
10 4 on Volume 3 coming later. Also, that's the ONLY reason I can guess why they didn't release "By Bug...Betrayed". Still stinks, but at least the rest the other comics were printed correctly and I LOVE the extras included too
monkeyjb1988 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM #4829
> Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

the Preator reminds me of that digimon, oh crap whats his name Devilmon ?!?
Devimon, without the L.
Digifiend is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
his time has come