Home Menu

Menu

Old March 17th, 2019, 03:24 AM #2341
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

So, Pokémon just aired the episode with the PreCure references we've talked about. The girls pokémon take part in the transformation kind of like what HeartCatch did.

Funny thing is that they transform by drinking different drinks. It'll be hilarious if Toei take notes and do that for the next PreCure.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:02 AM #2342
> Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

Ataruman
Badly Drawn Cure Fan

The drink thing sounds like a variant on the Princess Perfumes by way of the New Generation Riders of Gaim. I could see that.

Eh, I've been rather quiet here lately mostly because I'm mostly just not watching Star Twinkle and the whole "they go into space" thing just feels like it really is just sort of abandoning what made Pretty Cure what it is. Sure it worked with Magic World in Maho Girls (all the extended time that Mirai basically ran away from home and her parents really didn't care about it) but it just feels like something feels off about the whole experience. (that and just bad experiences with some of the people on the Wikia I suppose)
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 04:06 AM #2343
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Ataruman wrote: View Post

The drink thing sounds like a variant on the Princess Perfumes by way of the New Generation Riders of Gaim. I could see that.
There was a bit where the girls ride bicycles which made me assume they were referencing Kamen Rider.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2019, 06:52 AM #2344
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Eh, I've been rather quiet here lately mostly because I'm mostly just not watching Star Twinkle and the whole "they go into space" thing just feels like it really is just sort of abandoning what made Pretty Cure what it is. Sure it worked with Magic World in Maho Girls (all the extended time that Mirai basically ran away from home and her parents really didn't care about it) but it just feels like something feels off about the whole experience. (that and just bad experiences with some of the people on the Wikia I suppose)
Personally I think it’s a neat little change of pace as opposed to just being stuck in the same town for the majority of the season.

Also Star Twinkle seems to be fairly well received so far as I can tell (even though Pink needs a bit more focus right now, which is really weird to say in regards to a Precure season) so I’d recommend at least giving it a shot eventually.

Speaking of which, subs are out.

The rocket is fixed and appears to be the team's new home base now, complete with separate living quarters for each of the 4 Cures. Looks like they're going after the Libra pen next.

Also the version I saw seems to have a new translation for Hikaru's catchphrase ("Astronuts").

Next Time... (also space dogs)

Last edited by Akiba Black; March 17th, 2019 at 06:52 AM.
Akiba Black is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2019, 05:17 PM #2345
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Seeing as the next few Star Twinkle episodes seem to involve the girls' journey through space I'm curious if that means that we're just not going to be seeing their families/classmates for a while or if they'll just be bouncing back and forth as needed. I'm assuming it's the latter as otherwise that brings up the question of where their parents think they are (not to mention Elena has several younger siblings to look after).

Kappard shows up in the preview so I'm assuming the Notraiders care more about the pens than world conquest and will wind up following the Precure across the universe. I'm also curious to find out what the deal is with the mystery girl from the OP.
Old March 18th, 2019, 05:37 PM #2346
> cognito29
Power Ranger

cognito29
Power Ranger

Well, Mahou Girls mostly juggled two civilian casts (with occasional crossover), but that was a bit different - I doubt we'll have characters recurring from planet to planet, although some of them will likely show back up again later.
cognito29 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2019, 06:00 PM #2347
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

On the other hand, we’ve seen that Fuwa can literally create portals so returning to Earth when needed shouldn’t be much of an issue. We’ll see how things go of course.
Old March 19th, 2019, 04:55 AM #2348
> tremor3258
Power Ranger

tremor3258
Power Ranger

I expect at least one episode with Elena feeling super guilty coming up if this trip takes any length of time.
tremor3258 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:21 AM #2349
> Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Akiba Black
Delusion Warrior

Plus I’d imagine their parents are definitely going to notice if their kids disappear for a long period of time (hell, Madoka’s dad literally works for the government and is investigating the current situation). Plus as mentioned this isn’t like Magic World where I believe the excuse was just that Mirai was going to a school overseas.

It’ll be interesting to see how the show handles this if nothing else.

Last edited by Akiba Black; March 19th, 2019 at 05:49 AM.

Tags
sentai with cupcakes