Home Menu

Menu

Old June 19th, 2018, 05:09 PM #1941
> monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

monkeyjb1988
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

I'm liking Kamen Rider Build's more serialized story telling. I'm behind but so far episodes 14-21 have ALOT going.

I realize Sentai isn't like that and we get episodes like a body swap episode or misunderstood love.

I just feel for a season like Lupinranger VS Patoranger there should be something MORE

So far the Tsukasa episodes are a low point while some fillers are just passing the time. It's been shown to excel when it wants to but then we take a filler break.

Some early judgement on how things will play out till the end of the season.

-A month of episodes showing off Lupin-X and some conflict with the Lupin and Patorangers

-Another month of Lupin-X bouncing.working off different team members

Umika and Lupin X
Keiichiro and Lupin X
Kairi and Lupin X

-Next month has a few episodes advancing the story till we get the 4th quarter stuff

-Gauche/the standard female villain gets some story and conflict

-Last 10 episodes are advancing the story and the stakes are high

-Series is over

So I guess I really do prefer a more serialized story compared to the highs and lows of sentai series.
AdamPark62 wrote: View Post

I love Lupat so far, probably one of my fav show since Go-Busters, but i'm totally agree with everything you said.

That's why i was worried to see Zyuoh staff on the show. It suffer from the same problem. A strong start, and then a mix of amazing episodes (AKA here's a new toy) surrounded by decent fillers. You can say Sentai is always like that, but after Kyuranger, and considering we have an original concept, you'd think they would put more effort into the main plot.

The fillers aren't bad, but once you're at episode 20 and barely anything concerning the main plot happened besides few hints and new toys, it can be frustrating. Kogure and Zamigo are interisting, but just like Bud, the show doesn't really do anything with them besides few hints here and here... except there was a BTS reason for Bud XD

I hope X will boost the plot, but... i can see them doing exactly what they are doing right now. Lot of fillers where X play with the VS concept with few hints here and here...
I've been liking the show so far. They've been letting drips of the main story get through and I think the fillers are cute at worse. The big thing for me, all the Rangers have been getting focus despite there being 2 Reds. This most recent episode was pretty good.

Not sure I'll like the new Ranger from the preview, but I'll give him a chance and see what he's about.

Mythdon wrote: View Post

All depending on if they're numbering it team-wise or entry-wise.

Like when Ohranger was the 20th anniversary of Gorenger, they was doing it year-wise and it was the 19th Sentai, but Gaoranger was the 25th Anniversary and it was 26 years after Gorenger and when they started doing anniversaries based on the number of the Sentai entry.

That's where I'm wondering if they'll change it up as far as anniversaries because they have before.
Yeah, let's see what the next anniversary says.
monkeyjb1988 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 05:11 PM #1942
> zjranger
#SavingTennis1BallAtATime

zjranger

I thought the episode was OK. A vengeful Gangler who wants payback for his embarrassment while trying to harass a girl, that he tried to really mess up Sakuya's life by putting him in trouble with the very sensitive superior. Suspended due to his actions and ordered to practically be in house arrest for some reason, he instead decided to protect the citizens regardless, and with the help of Hillton Hilltop, was able to get back into action and get the Patrangers back into the spotlight (although they probably were everytime a Gangler was defeated by PatKaiser). An OK Sakuya episode that focuses on the purpose of him being a poilceman for doing the job rather than doing it for the job and a secondary focus episode for Hilltop actually where he tried to be patient with the director and yet he also has integrity to actually help Sakuya out.

I will say I did have my issues in this episode, mostly the way the Patrangers treated the issue. Surely the first response of having weird things happening should be a Gangler with all the strange incidences concerning them, and yet apparently their first hunch was connected to a yokai (which makes the "natural occurrence" statement a bit bizarre now)? Also Keiichiro and oddly Tsukasa (who you would think be more sympathetic towards Sakuya) were a bit jerkish about him (which again was them ignoring that it may really not have been his fault). I will say I like that Keiichiro was able to accept the apology at the end although the ending just kind of generalized the conflict this episode -- it was seemingly pointless at the end as we return to status quo and it was just a showcase Sakuya and Hilltop's integrity.
zjranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2018, 08:13 PM #1943
> SpandexSuperFan
22 Super Sentai in full

SpandexSuperFan
22 Super Sentai in full

I was late watching my toku this week. Lupinranger vs Patoranger this week for me was...just okay. Nothing really amazing happened. It was a nice Sakuya episode I suppose, but it doesn't top his performance from a few episodes ago. There have been Sentai seasons in the past where they work under some jerk so this was nothing new either. It wasn't a bad episode just kinda forgettable compared to other Lupin vs Pato episodes. Next episode looks like a game changer.
SpandexSuperFan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM #1944
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

there was a bit of a continuity error in the episode...

when Hilltop was bonked on the head he was wearing a bandage...

it was missing when he returned the gear to Green but it was back for the closing moments of the episode!
bearytrek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM #1945
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

bearytrek wrote: View Post

there was a bit of a continuity error in the episode...

when Hilltop was bonked on the head he was wearing a bandage...

it was missing when he returned the gear to Green but it was back for the closing moments of the episode!
Happens, and it's happened worse.

Reverse-legs GekiTouja. 'Nuff said.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM #1946
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

I've actually been enjoying this series quite a lot thus far. I was very hesitant to get too excited when I heard who was writing the show - not a huge fan of Zyuhoger and I still haven't finished it. Zyuohger wasn't an outright bad show, but I never felt the desire to immediately go on to the next episode. In terms of story progression, there hasn't been a lot more in Lupato when compared to Zyuohger, but I find myself looking forward to the next episode most of the time.

There's definitely something about the personalities in this show that make me more engaged and interested in seeing what happens next. I love seeing the Patos and Lupins play off each other. Keiichiro's turned out to be a more interesting red than I thought he would be - probably one of the better red actors we've had in a long time.
Ryoutarou is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM #1947
> Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Spider-Phoenix
XY&Z

Dukemon wrote: View Post

Happens, and it's happened worse.

Reverse-legs GekiTouja. 'Nuff said.
When that happened? Do you have screenshots of that?
Spider-Phoenix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:43 PM #1948
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

It's when GekiShark first appears. (15 or 16?) I'm not sure if I have screenshots; I think it's something that was corrected for home release. It's definitely on the original tv version of the episode though. Cheetah and Jaguar are swapped.
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM #1949
> kyuparanger
Power Ranger

kyuparanger
Power Ranger

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

If Iím not mistaken it happened once in Goseiger.
kyuparanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM #1950
> ShadowJoker
Crimson Comrade

ShadowJoker
Crimson Comrade

I love Lupin vs Pat, even though I do feel the show makes the Lupinrangers feel too cool at the detriment of the Patrangers sometime.

I love the slowburn of the world-building and how we get pieces of the bigger picture that will hopefully payoff towards the end (or sooner).

With a newcomer appearing next week, I would love to see how he changes the formula and how exactly this double crossing works. I think I'm ready for some more meaty storytelling and I hope X delivers and shakes up the status quo.
ShadowJoker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM #1951
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

It's when GekiShark first appears. (15 or 16?) I'm not sure if I have screenshots; I think it's something that was corrected for home release. It's definitely on the original tv version of the episode though. Cheetah and Jaguar are swapped.
Zyuoh Bird had the wrong-coloured beak in one episode when flying. He had Eagle's.
HowlingSnail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM #1952
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

Zyuoh Bird had the wrong-coloured beak in one episode when flying. He had Eagle's.
Yup, it happens. The show's made by humans lol.

Even the best movies have continuity errors.
Old Yesterday, 02:36 PM #1953
> zjranger

zjranger

I wonder if we'll see the two X's will be seen separately, or will we show up individually but not knowing that Lupin X is Noel. From what I see, Noel is said to be an undercover cop, but at the same time what will he say to the Lupinrangers if he meets them, or will he be disguised simply as Lupin X to them? The fact that it has been revealed on press that we knows his identity as a policeman and a thief, I wonder if we will know early on that he may be Arsene Lupin's descendant.
zjranger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 04:21 AM #1954
> AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

AdamPark62
Mastodonth,Zeo Ranger IV

Iím surprised thereís still no synopsis for episode 20 since we usually know whatís gonna happen during the next 3 episodes.

And i know someone already asked that in that thread, but i forgot the awnser and couldnít find it again. When the Q4 stuff usually leak ?
AdamPark62 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 04:33 AM #1955
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Yup, it happens. The show's made by humans lol.

Even the best movies have continuity errors.
And unfortunately that's one that wasn't fixed on the home release. I specifically found the scene and checked.
HowlingSnail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote