82 41.41%
Votes: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:15 PM #181
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Peter wrote: View Post

Although I'm LOLing at the assumption that there will be multiple episodes building his character. Like the relatioships between the first three and their respective Rangers was a big deal?
Steel is a little higher on the totem pole. Plus, his relationship with Nate has more weight and context than the others do with theirs.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2019, 06:31 AM #182
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

ok so like here's my take.

i didn't get to watch this episode until yesterday. has been a pretty busy week. but i actually like how this season is progressing. is it doing a hell of a great job? No. but it has already shown vast improvements in power ranger seasons since samurai. for me, personally, it's shown vast improvements. the only season of power rangers i've seen full since saban bought it back was samurai. sadly, it was samurai. and i really hated that season, but i was hoping it'd get better and boy did it not.
i saw the first 6 episodes of megaforce and was disgusted, same for super megaforce. but dino charge changed all that, but i still never finished dino super charge, let alone ninja steel. that season was a joke and i personally feel hurt the brand.

beast morphers has changed that for me and has shown improvement over the last decade basically. does it need to do better? maybe. but i see it getting better with each episode. while i see certain aspects of the show that could use either a change or a down right pull, i dont see how people are not enjoying this season. i'm not saying to love it, but at least enjoy it. i also dont understand how anyone can be bashing a season they themselves have admitted to not watch since RPM. i mean, you can't criticize anyones opinion on the current show if your not even watching it, let alone watching it with negative nancy shades on. like how does that even work? your hating on the show your supposedly watching and giving an opinion on it as if you should be just cuz your watching it. like, dont watch it and dont criticize others who are enjoying it if you hate it that much.

now, this season has done something i think vastly different than previous seasons, introducing a sixth ranger that wasn't really introduced all that well. i'm not saying other seasons haven't done it the same, but i just feel this introduction didn't have the pizazz other seasons had. in season 1, the green ranger was evil, enough said, in season 2, it was a nice progression to the white ranger, in zeo it was a mystery who and where the gold ranger came from, etc etc. this seasons gold and silver had no build up, they just literally appeared in the episode out of necessity. sure you can argue nate was working on something, but it was never blatantly obvious what it was or what his intentions were other than to build a buddy robot for himself. so for him to just turn into the gold ranger was rather strange. only in the sense that it didn't have this profound impact i feel.

but i totes welcome him into the ranger family. i even feel it sorta feels like a throwback to zeo and how billy was going to be the gold ranger. it's a nice touch and he's pretty awesome with his buddy bro robot ranger. i do like how nate used his coy, sensitivity to fool roxy into thinking he was this timid guy and than boom lowers their guard and leaves him be to do what he needed to do to finish Steel and completing his morphers. awesome move.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:45 AM #183
> Platinumranger22
Power Ranger

Platinumranger22
Power Ranger

a Robot ranger still confuses me but i get a good vibe from steel even though his dialogue is really annoying. i just hope in the next few episodes the sentai footage matches good with nates character. i dont want to see another Jake situation like SMF. you have a character whos a bit silly then his sentai footage shows a really super silly fighting style.
Platinumranger22 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:52 AM #184
> sylarking
Power Ranger

sylarking
Power Ranger

Platinumranger22 wrote: View Post

a Robot ranger still confuses me but i get a good vibe from steel even though his dialogue is really annoying. i just hope in the next few episodes the sentai footage matches good with nates character. i dont want to see another Jake situation like SMF. you have a character whos a bit silly then his sentai footage shows a really super silly fighting style.
We have robot rangers before
sylarking is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 08:54 PM #185
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Jake was meant to be the goofball of the team So I dont see how his sentai counterpart was unbelievable.
mmprfan09 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2019, 09:45 PM #186
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

I watched the episode and was surprised that they introduced the gold and silver rangers so early. The story was awesome but I for one was shocked that they went with the whole Robot Ranger thing. I felt they could've worked around it and had a human ranger if they really wanted to. It reminded of Sam from SPD. I know it was budget issues back then, but Kalish caught alot of heat for it. I was hoping Evox would escape and set up a confrontation with the rangers. Also, I wish we wouldn't have to wait until the fall for get new episodes of Beast Morphers. I'm actually feeling this season and was looking forward to new episodes. Nick needs to go back to the 32 to 40 episode seasons that we had back then.

Last edited by vze21gwa; May 21st, 2019 at 10:36 PM.
vze21gwa is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 10:39 PM #187
> blackheartedboy
Power Ranger

eBay
blackheartedboy
Power Ranger

eBay

Iím sorry, but have the people saying that theyíre genuinely surprised about Nate being the gold ranger never watched a season of Power Rangers before?!?

Yes, spoilers suck and Iím sorry things got ruined for people, but really?!?!
blackheartedboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 04:41 AM #188
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

Jake was meant to be the goofball of the team So I dont see how his sentai counterpart was unbelievable.
Because Gosei Black and Gokai Green were nothing alike and Megaforce trying to make them the same person didn't work at all.

You had a character who went from kinda goofy sometimes to like Ziggy level of goofy out of nowhere.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 05:09 AM #189
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ The Footage between Gosei Black and Gokai Green really dont works for the same character, in one scenes he can be really calm and others much doing crazy things, or been a caos in battle
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 12:41 PM #190
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

AkaGreen wrote: View Post

Because Gosei Black and Gokai Green were nothing alike and Megaforce trying to make them the same person didn't work at all.

You had a character who went from kinda goofy sometimes to like Ziggy level of goofy out of nowhere.
I've always felt the transition would work better if there was more color switching. Like Troy being demoted to Blue (Joe's fighting style kind of remember of Alata's with the whole using the sword with only one hand in a fancing-esque way), Noah becoming Green and then Orion being the Red Ranger.

Jake would have been depowered or kidnapped and later come back as Silver (you could explain he using some of Gai's maneirism as him being excited about being able to be a ranger again.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 05:16 PM #191
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

I've always felt the transition would work better if there was more color switching. Like Troy being demoted to Blue (Joe's fighting style kind of remember of Alata's with the whole using the sword with only one hand in a fancing-esque way), Noah becoming Green and then Orion being the Red Ranger.

Jake would have been depowered or kidnapped and later come back as Silver (you could explain he using some of Gai's maneirism as him being excited about being able to be a ranger again.
Yeah, but how would you introduce the new Red Ranger? In PRIS it worked because there was a switch in the theme and story. Also, Noah as the Green Ranger doesn't make sense given Doc's goofiness. Though Noah was the brains of the team, he wasn't goofy in Megaforce. Jake as Blue could work though, since we don't know much about him still.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:59 AM #192
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

vze21gwa wrote: View Post

Yeah, but how would you introduce the new Red Ranger? In PRIS it worked because there was a switch in the theme and story. Also, Noah as the Green Ranger doesn't make sense given Doc's goofiness. Though Noah was the brains of the team, he wasn't goofy in Megaforce. Jake as Blue could work though, since we don't know much about him still.
Introduce Red basically the same way Orion was introduced. You could work around his revenge plot on Marvelous footage (it'd fit better than Troy completly changing his fighting style).

With Noah, you could justify as him adjusting the new powers. It could be said that the Megaforce powers made him shaper while the not-pirate-despite-looking-like-it ones mostly relies on his physical talents/not providing significant skill boosts
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 07:23 AM #193
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ in Samurai in "Origins" everyone remember the same happens when Jayden tells we works was a team, and because the footage he used the Fire Smacher and attack the mongers even cross the others Rangers
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 09:22 PM #194
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

Introduce Red basically the same way Orion was introduced. You could work around his revenge plot on Marvelous footage (it'd fit better than Troy completly changing his fighting style).

With Noah, you could justify as him adjusting the new powers. It could be said that the Megaforce powers made him shaper while the not-pirate-despite-looking-like-it ones mostly relies on his physical talents/not providing significant skill boosts
I can see Troy as Joe, but not Orion as Marvelous. Jake as Gai doesn't seem to square.
Old May 26th, 2019, 09:37 PM #195
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

I can see Troy as Joe, but not Orion as Marvelous. Jake as Gai doesn't seem to square.
To be fair, it's not like it worked any better the other way.
AkaGreen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 12:27 AM #196
> vze21gwa
Power Ranger

vze21gwa
Power Ranger

To be fair, it's not like it worked any better the other way.
I thought of saying something witty but there's no comeback to this. Lol. Super Megaforce was that bad.
Old May 27th, 2019, 12:56 AM #197
> sylarking
Power Ranger

sylarking
Power Ranger

I watched the episode and was surprised that they introduced the gold and silver rangers so early. The story was awesome but I for one was shocked that they went with the whole Robot Ranger thing. I felt they could've worked around it and had a human ranger if they really wanted to. It reminded of Sam from SPD. I know it was budget issues back then, but Kalish caught alot of heat for it
I think is not the budget I think decided to use the robot ranger idea because they like it in Gobusters and decided to use it

I was hoping Evox would escape and set up a confrontation with the rangers. Also, I wish we wouldn't have to wait until the fall for get new episodes of Beast Morphers. I'm actually feeling this season and was looking forward to new episodes. Nick needs to go back to the 32 to 40 episode seasons that we had back then.
I dont think Nick will air more episodes We have to hope the show will go to another channel

Last edited by sylarking; May 27th, 2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old May 30th, 2019, 05:25 PM #198
> ShadowDragonRanger
Texas Ranger

ShadowDragonRanger
Texas Ranger

I had no expectations going into this series. For a while I was able to watch as episodes came out. So far the series has been good with a few hiccups along the way.
I don't have a problem with Nate being gold or them using the robot buddy as silver. I would've liked a bit more for Nate going into this but I suppose we got enough from episode one until now to establish him. I guess I was hoping for a Kendall sort of thing (which we kinda got in how he became a ranger) but I mean in terms of his characterization. He's meek, keeps his head in his work and has a crush on Zoey but dislikes people writing him off as weak and incapable of fighting
since he wants to help. He reminds me of a mix of MMPR S1 Billy and Kendall.

If anything, it's the writing that puts me off on this development. It's like we're watching a an abridged version of the show where we get the bullet points and obligatory bits (teamwork, friendship, healthy/active lifestyle etc.). I don't know if it's me be overly cynical by this point or just burn out/indifference to how the show is. I'm fairly certain nothing has actually changed about the show as a whole. Same formula beats, hallmarks, messages and dynamic. Might just be me not being as invested as I was way back when I was little and watching it on weekdays.
ShadowDragonRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 11:05 AM #199
> Platinumranger22
Power Ranger

Platinumranger22
Power Ranger

sylarking wrote: View Post

We have robot rangers before
if your saying robo knight and blue centurion i dont count them because the didnt morph. they were "auxillary rangers" lol steel morphs into a ranger

exactly my point. jake was comic relief but the footage never showed him all over the place silly
Platinumranger22 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 01:15 PM #200
> sylarking
Power Ranger

sylarking
Power Ranger

if your saying robo knight and blue centurion i dont count them because the didnt morph. they were "auxillary rangers" lol steel morphs into a ranger

exactly my point. jake was comic relief but the footage never showed him all over the place silly
Super megaforce says Robo Knight is a ranger.