Home Menu

Menu

Old January 17th, 2019, 07:50 AM #21
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

MakaiRanger99 wrote: View Post

They already confirmed a sequel is happening.

If it’s fake, they did a pretty good job making it look real.

Did they? I thought they confirmed that they would be doing movies and other expanding media, but nothing confirming it'll be connected to the 2017 movie.

And agreed, but it's a shame it still looks like Legacy Wars in terms of character models, etc :/
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 07:53 AM #22
> MrArcade
Power Ranger

MrArcade
Power Ranger

Can we pre-order the game now and where ?
MrArcade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:10 AM #23
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

I don't see why this thread really needs t be here, since the game is essentially a port of Legacy Wars on consoles and PC. Sorry, but if I'm not going to be bothered to play Legacy Wars, when the game essentially is just an all PVP game, why should I bother playing a console version of it?
GalaxyRed is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:24 AM #24
> AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

Activator wrote: View Post

Did they? I thought they confirmed that they would be doing movies and other expanding media, but nothing confirming it'll be connected to the 2017 movie.

And agreed, but it's a shame it still looks like Legacy Wars in terms of character models, etc :/
They never confirmed a sequel. There is no sequel.

The sequel is dead.
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:40 AM #25
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

I don't see why this thread really needs t be here, since the game is essentially a port of Legacy Wars on consoles and PC.
The threads needed cause its being branded as a new game, and something that might be up more peoples alley. A fair few people dispise LW so won’t enter the thread. This way its on show for people to decide whether this is what they’re after or if its still not what they’re looking for without having to sieve through LW discussions.

Apart from the name being different, i think it’ll most likely have something else about it that differs from LW. I mean that australian press report said something about an arcade story so thats already a possibility.

Time will tell though.
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:45 AM #26
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

By the way, I just realized another thing "wrong" with this being a port. It's not even a full port for the base game price. They're selling it for $20, which doesn't have Lord Drakkkon, Green Ranger V2, or one of the MMPR Pink's in the game. V2 is a pre-order only character (who is in the Legacy Wars game for free), and Drakkon and MMPR Pink will be available, along with their "arcade modes" (yes, apparently this game will have an arcade mode, which gives each Ranger a story), is going to be part of a season pass, for another $20. And those characters are already available in the mobile game.
Old January 17th, 2019, 08:51 AM #27
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

By the way, I just realized another thing "wrong" with this being a port. It's not even a full port for the base game price. They're selling it for $20, .
Legacy Wars has already shown nWay live and breath for DLC at wacky prices
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:00 AM #28
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

toejammer wrote: View Post

Legacy Wars has already shown nWay live and breath for DLC at wacky prices
Yes, but that is a mobile game. Those practices, where you leave stuff out of a game on console, to purposely sell is looked down upon. Just look at any of the other fighting games that do this. I mean, so far it isn't as bad as Capcom and their notorious "re-releases" of their Street Fighter games, where they have the game done, and they re-release it with every character in there, and add Super at the front, then add more DLC on top of that game to milk more money.

The biggest difference here, is, this game, at least on mobile, is no Street Fighter. The fighting is stiff at best. Who knows how it'll be on console, but I'd imagine not really much different, since people can use controller on the mobile game too, if they have one.
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:18 AM #29
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

AkaDarthGreen wrote: View Post

They never confirmed a sequel. There is no sequel.

The sequel is dead.
The truth lies somewhere between these two extremes. Brian Goldner said "Hasbro will work with a film studio to develop a new Power Rangers movie as a follow-up to the 2017 release." which could mean several things. It's not 100% confirmation that a sequel is happening but its naive to say a potential sequel is dead.
cleanuphtr15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:24 AM #30
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

Have actually been playing The Fighting Edition this week (which I feel is the only good Pr game) so this is a surprise.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:24 AM #31
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

By the way, I just realized another thing "wrong" with this being a port. It's not even a full port for the base game price. They're selling it for $20, which doesn't have Lord Drakkkon, Green Ranger V2, or one of the MMPR Pink's in the game. V2 is a pre-order only character (who is in the Legacy Wars game for free), and Drakkon and MMPR Pink will be available, along with their "arcade modes" (yes, apparently this game will have an arcade mode, which gives each Ranger a story), is going to be part of a season pass, for another $20. And those characters are already available in the mobile game.
Its not really that unusual to have console games feature a base game and then have a season pass for DLC added on top of it. If they try to incorporate the boxes aspect into this, however, I won't have much interest. Already paid for quite a few of the characters on my phone - don't plan on doing it again just because they're moving to console.

Additionally, I hope the game is more of a standard, button mashing fighting game. I'd be disappointed if the Rock-Paper-Scissors aspect carried over heavily.
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:34 AM #32
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

Dexter1998
SasoriOrange

I would love a story mode. But we all know that ain't happening, so the regular Legacy Wars but with better controls is still welcome (I still don't own any console, but I want to buy a PS4 or a Nintendo 3DS, that probably will never happen).
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:35 AM #33
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

No, they didn't. They only said a movie is being planned.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:36 AM #34
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

cleanuphtr15 wrote: View Post

Its not really that unusual to have console games feature a base game and then have a season pass for DLC added on top of it.
Except, this isn't just "base game with added extras in a season pass". It's deliberately leaving characters out of the mobile game to be released later at an extra cost. So the console game isn't really "base game" at all.
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:47 AM #35
> cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Except, this isn't just "base game with added extras in a season pass". It's deliberately leaving characters out of the mobile game to be released later at an extra cost. So the console game isn't really "base game" at all.
So what would make you happy? Releasing all the characters currently in Legacy Wars as a "base game" with future characters released as DLC?

Also, after re-reading the press release it specifically refers to Green V2, Drakkon V2 and Pink MMPR as SKINS which leads me to believe that the season pass is more about alternate outfits (as opposed to Legacy Wars where Green V2, etc. are new characters with new move sets) plus the story mode for these characters.

If I'm reading that right its hard to complain about the season pass.
Old January 17th, 2019, 09:57 AM #36
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

So what would make you happy? Releasing all the characters currently in Legacy Wars as a "base game" with future characters released as DLC?
Yes. That's exactly what I should expect for a port of a mobile game. Not trying to make people pay for less of a product of a mobile game (to make this clear, I do mean less in content, not price), and get the rest of it later by paying more of it. I mean, that's kind of an obvious thing to want.
Old January 17th, 2019, 10:12 AM #37
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

I'm hoping the fact that there's so many platforms means it's a good game.

I'll wait for the Steam release and if people here seem happy with it, I'll get it.
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 10:14 AM #38
> MrsManface
Power Ranger

MrsManface
Power Ranger

Also, after re-reading the press release it specifically refers to Green V2, Drakkon V2 and Pink MMPR as SKINS which leads me to believe that the season pass is more about alternate outfits (as opposed to Legacy Wars where Green V2, etc. are new characters with new move sets) plus the story mode for these characters.
The odd one out of those characters is MMPR Pink. If she's the skin, who could even possibly be the base character? Ranger Slayer?
MrsManface is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 10:17 AM #39
> SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay
SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay

I updated the OP with an official trailer for the Switch port. This is officially legitimate.

MrArcade wrote: View Post

Can we pre-order the game now and where ?
battleforthegrid.com

But it's currently locked behind a password and not available to the public yet. I'm not sure if it'll be available at traditional stores like Gamestop or Amazon, but they where able to get Heroes of the Grid on pre-order, so take that as you will
SaviourMK2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 10:18 AM #40
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

I did forget to mention this, but this actually makes it worse, because having new skins and not new characters still means that they're way too over-priced for a season pass. That's almost essentially the same thing Mega Battle did, adding in Rocky, Adam, Aisha, Kat, and White Ranger Tommy, as DLC, but that was only an extra $5. This time it's an extra $20, for less character skins.

So with this in mind, you're basically paying $10 for one character skin with an arcade mode attached. That is really high. Compare that to, say, Street Fighter. They add a new character (character not skin), that has their own arcade mode, and it's usually $5 a piece, at least. Season Passes for Street Fighter games are usually around $30, but they have more than just two or three characters that they add, with their own move sets. This one doesn't even sound like it'll have their own move sets (most skins are just that, skins).

Last edited by GalaxyRed; January 17th, 2019 at 10:32 AM.

Tags
hasbaro, holding block - the game, legacy, lionsgate, nway, wars