Menu

Old January 16th, 2019, 11:23 PM #1
> SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay
SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay

Battle for the Grid Video Game (Switch/Xbox One/PS4/PC)

OFFICIAL BATTLE FOR THE GRID LINKS

WEBSITE
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
INSTAGRAM
YOUTUBE
TWITCH

ABOUT THE GAME

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
A modern take on the 25 year franchise, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid showcases stunning graphics with vivid details. Pit current and classic Rangers and villains like never before in team battles. Test your skills online against friends and players from around the world for endless replayability. A streamlined combat system welcomes newcomers with simplified controls while maintaining depth for the most dedicated competitor to learn and master.

25 Years of Rangers
Generations of Power Rangers collide across the multiverse’s 25 year history. Experience authentic but reimagined Power Rangers battle sequences like never before.

Easy to Learn, Hard to Master
Gone are overly complicated command inputs or long patterns. In this easy to learn but hard to master game, the depth is knowing when to strike, not how

Compete Online
Play against your friends or test your skills against live players from around the world. Participate in special tournaments and missions throughout the year. This live game always offers something new.

Cross-Play & Cross-Progression
Matchmaking is made easy as players on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC can compete in the same pool. Swap platforms and your unlocked characters and mission progressions come with you.

SCREENSHOTS

PLATFORMS & RELEASE EDITIONS

NINTENDO SWITCH

DIGITAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION
March 26th, 2019
$39.99
  • Digital Game Download
  • Pre-Order Bonus: Green Ranger V2 Skin
  • Pre-Order Bonus: Digital Art Book
  • Season One Pass
  • Lord Drakkon Evo II
  • Pink Ranger Skin
STANDARD EDITION
March 26th, 2019
$19.99
  • Digital Game Download

XBOX ONE

March 26th, 2019
$39.99
  • Digital Game Download
  • Complimentary Xbox One token to the game to give away or use
  • Season One Pass
  • Lord Drakkon Evo II
  • Pink Ranger Skin
STANDARD EDITION
March 26th, 2019
$19.99
  • Digital Game Download
  • Complimentary Xbox One token to the game to give away or use

PLAYSTATION 4

March 28th, 2019 (Europe), April 2nd, 2019 (America)
$39.99
  • Digital Game Download
  • Season One Pass
  • Lord Drakkon Evo II
  • Pink Ranger Skin
STANDARD EDITION
March 28th, 2019 (Europe), April 2nd, 2019 (America)
$19.99
  • Digital Game Download

PC / STEAM

Summer 2019
$39.99
  • Digital Game Download
  • Season One Pass
  • Lord Drakkon Evo II
  • Pink Ranger Skin
STANDARD EDITION
SUMMER 2019
$19.99
  • Digital Game Download

PRESS RELEASE

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid to Feature Rangers Vs. Villains Team Combat Across Multiple Gaming Platforms

New Power Rangers console game coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in April 2019 with PC release to follow later in the year; Pre-Orders Start Today

For over 25 years Power Rangers has been one of the most popular franchises in the world. As a perennial Top 10 NPD Action Brand, the globally renowned brand has spawned hit TV shows, movies, toys, comics, live entertainment and games. Today, nWay, the developer and publisher behind Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, the hit multiplayer mobile game with over 45 million downloads, is partnering with Hasbro and global content leader Lionsgate to announce Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid. The new cross-platform fighting game will be available as a digital download for $19.99 first on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in April 2019, and then as a PC release later in the year.

The game is now available for pre-order at www.battleforthegrid.com with those ordering prior to launch receiving an exclusive bonus of the Green Ranger V2 character skin and a digital art book. In addition, a special Digital Collector’s Edition will be available to pre-order for $39.99, which contains the full game download, Season One Pass (which will include three new characters, their Arcade story, and a new warrior skin), and exclusive Lord Drakkon V2 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Pink Ranger character skins.

“Power Rangers fans have been asking for a high fidelity fighting game on console and PC that match up iconic Rangers and villains across the expansive Power Rangers multiverse for quite some time now,” said Taehoon Kim, co-founder and CEO of nWay. “We wanted to deliver this to the fans and make sure it has cross-play and cross-progression capabilities as we believe playing with friends across multiple platforms at the same time is where the future of gaming is headed.”

Power Ranger: Battle for the Grid is an easy to learn but hard to master fighting game that delivers a modern take on the Power Rangers franchise. The game features stunning graphics with vivid details and pits new and classic Rangers and villains against each other in team battles. Featuring a streamlined combat system, the game welcomes newcomers to the genre with simplified controls, while maintaining depth and detail for more intense and experienced competitors. Players will be challenged to test their skills online against friends and other players around the world, providing endless replayability. With new content and game modes releasing throughout the year, the game will continuously offer the community new ways to play and compete.

With cross-play across multiple platforms, all players whether on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch or PC, will be in the same player pool and will have the ability to compete against each other in real-time. Even when players change their platform, their unlocked characters and mission progress they have worked to achieve will still be available to them, allowing for cross-progression and true seamless gameplay no matter where they play.

“Since the acquisition of the Power Rangers IP, we’ve been looking forward to bringing Power Rangers fans memorable experiences. With Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, we’re expanding the portfolio of great Power Rangers games to more platforms,” said Mark Blecher, Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Business Affairs at Hasbro.

“The Power Rangers have proven to be an enduring global phenomenon among audiences of all ages,” said Daniel Engelhardt, Senior Vice President of Interactive Ventures & Games at Lionsgate. “We are excited to build upon our successful mobile game, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, to offer a unique opportunity for fans to enjoy a new cross-platform fighting game experience on console and PC.”

More details on Power Ranger: Battle for the Grid will be released in the coming weeks.

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; March 26th, 2019 at 10:40 AM.
SaviourMK2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 11:29 PM #2
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

The concept of Legacy Wars as a better-rigged fighter with a better flow isn't bad but I... don't know how legit this is...
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2019, 11:47 PM #3
> SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay
SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay

the trailer has been removed from youtube
Old January 16th, 2019, 11:53 PM #4
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

SaviourMK2 wrote: View Post

the trailer has been removed from youtube
Holy crap, that was fast. It's only been roughly half an hour since he posted it.

Well, uh... I'm interested, at least?
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 12:25 AM #5
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

I mean... sure, why not. More exposure. Sure as hell wasn't gonna play it on my phone and I won't turn down more Switch games for me to play.

Did the trailer say if it was F2P like the mobile game?
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old January 17th, 2019, 12:40 AM #6
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp

Console Legacy Wars?

PLEASE be real
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 12:42 AM #7
> MrsManface
Power Ranger

MrsManface
Power Ranger

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

$20 for the game or $40 for "the full game download, Season One Pass (which will include three new characters, their Arcade story, and a new warrior skin), and exclusive Lord Drakkon V2 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Pink Ranger character skins." Supposedly.
MrsManface is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 02:25 AM #8
> SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay
SaviourMK2
GokaiLegacy

eBay

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

I mean... sure, why not. More exposure. Sure as hell wasn't gonna play it on my phone and I won't turn down more Switch games for me to play.

No, the only info on it was an April 2019 release (Which is WAY too son and make me nervous it's an April Fools joke) and that pre-ordering it now guaranteed you to unlock the Green Ranger V2.

heres an article from an Australian site.
https://press-start.com.au/news/nint...-ps4-xbox-one/

EDIT: Replaced the dead youtube link with another uploaded copy

Last edited by SaviourMK2; January 17th, 2019 at 02:30 AM.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:23 AM #9
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

The fact that the original video was taken down so quickly and that JDF has shot new footage for this have me believing that it may be legit. It's using Legacy Wars as a base, so it's totally possible that it could release in April.

I'm glad it won't be as expensive as a completely new game but I worry that means that the gameplay will be subpar. I get that it's based off of Legacy Wars, but the gameplay needs to be more interesting than that. Either way... if it's legit I'll probably get it. Legacy Wars is decent enough. Interested in seeing what the story is, even if it's clearly Shattered Grid.

*EDIT*

Supposedly official press release:

For over 25 years Power Rangers has been one of the most popular franchises in the world. As a perennial Top 10 NPD Action Brand, the globally renowned brand has spawned hit TV shows, movies, toys, comics, live entertainment and games. Today, nWay, the developer and publisher behind Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, the hit multiplayer mobile game with over 45 million downloads, is partnering with Hasbro and global content leader Lionsgate to announce Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid. The new cross-platform fighting game will be available as a digital download for $19.99 first on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in April 2019, and then as a PC release later in the year.

The game is now available for pre-order at www.battleforthegrid.com with those ordering prior to launch receiving an exclusive bonus of the Green Ranger V2 character skin and a digital art book. In addition, a special Digital Collector’s Edition will be available to pre-order for $39.99, which contains the full game download, Season One Pass (which will include three new characters, their Arcade story, and a new warrior skin), and exclusive Lord Drakkon V2 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Pink Ranger character skins.
I... am probably getting this.

Last edited by Harpsikord; January 17th, 2019 at 03:29 AM.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:48 AM #10
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

I mean, the trailer looks neat (like an updated Legacy Wars - Red and Green Rangers don't look as "blocky action figure" as they do in LW), and PR console games haven't had a fighting game since MMPR The Fighting Edition, so I'm totally down for this.

There's... There's no reason this shouldn't have the character selection that Legacy Wars does, right? If I can't still play as Goldar, Rito, Psycho Red, Ninjor, Magna Defender, Koragg, etc. (even if they're released as DLC later on), that'll probably be the deciding factor right there.
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:58 AM #11
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

MegaZeo wrote: View Post

I mean, the trailer looks neat (like an updated Legacy Wars - Red and Green Rangers don't look as "blocky action figure" as they do in LW), and PR console games haven't had a fighting game since MMPR The Fighting Edition, so I'm totally down for this.

There's... There's no reason this shouldn't have the character selection that Legacy Wars does, right? If I can't still play as Goldar, Rito, Psycho Red, Ninjor, Magna Defender, Koragg, etc. (even if they're released as DLC later on), that'll probably be the deciding factor right there.
There may only be a certain amount of space that they can use for the character slots in the initial game download itself, and they DO like they are remastering a certain amount of the models.

I'd be super disappointed if they made the decision to cut the cast structure down and then release more characters later as paid DLC when they already exist and should for all intents and purposes be free updates when they're ready to be added to the game.

As opposed to the one touch per move mechanic of Legacy Wars I NEED them to make sure that this game has basic punches and kicks and then the weapons are mapped to their own buttons and/or are combos, or both. So it would take time for them to remake their characters for this new gameplay system. They'll probably also make a more thorough tag-team mechanic, or at least make the line between assists and leaders literally nonexistent.

Oh, and I don't expect to see the Street Fighter characters back.
Old January 17th, 2019, 03:59 AM #12
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

Sick!! but why Saban's Power Rangers?

It will be awesome if you can play in civilian mode too then morph once enough power ups or something...
MK19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:04 AM #13
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

"Saban's Power Rangers" is the official name of the franchise now, isn't it?
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:13 AM #14
> MK19
Power Ranger

MK19
Power Ranger

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

"Saban's Power Rangers" is the official name of the franchise now, isn't it?
Ahh, had another look...
It's Saban's Power Rangers powered by Hasbro... So Saban aren't out of the picture completely...
MK19 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 04:40 AM #15
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

i kinda wish the hasbro pr logo would be used from now on. i mean i like the lionsgate logo, but i'm shocked its still being used despite the film bombing. could it be a possible sign a sequel isn't dead just yet?
FlameDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 06:17 AM #16
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

If this is real then i guess it makes more sense now why lionsgate invested that money into nWay back in 2017 or whatever that story was.

Long as they handle the game mechanics and DLC the right way the game can do a decent job
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 06:58 AM #17
> MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay
MakaiRanger99
Ougon Kishi

eBay

FlameDragon wrote: View Post

i kinda wish the hasbro pr logo would be used from now on. i mean i like the lionsgate logo, but i'm shocked its still being used despite the film bombing. could it be a possible sign a sequel isn't dead just yet?
They already confirmed a sequel is happening.

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

The concept of Legacy Wars as a better-rigged fighter with a better flow isn't bad but I... don't know how legit this is...
If it’s fake, they did a pretty good job making it look real.
MakaiRanger99 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 06:59 AM #18
> sdp
Power Ranger

sdp
Power Ranger

This seems to have the movie logo and saban's name because it's a port of the Legacy Wars mobile game that uses that same logo and had lionsgate/saban's hand all over it instead of Hasbro, I'm sure new mobile games post sale will use the new logo and hasbro's name exclusively, we're still in that transitional period.

Won't pay for a unlock a character through microtransactions game, even if buttons makes the fighting game better. Still cool to see a PRs game make it on consoles again, kind of.
sdp is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 07:13 AM #19
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

I mean like others, if this is real and it's a better console version of legacy wars I wouldn't be against that. As long as I'm not stuck having to fight online, but instead against a good AI like most other fighting games they sure. On the other hand, yeah with so many characters in LW as is, not to mention the multitude of possible characters still out there, I can't help feel like DLC and microtransactions would just make this silly in the long run. Then again, who knows. If they bundled characters together for a minimal price maybe it'd work out. Wonder though if it'd keep people's attention more or less than LW. Griping aside, there's characters to keep boosting and all, which in a way does keep people going. Aside from just the normal 'try new characters' angle. I don't know, I'm out of touch with console fighting games. The last one I played in AGES was trying the Soul Calibur 6 demo and that didn't go well. Either way, guess it'll be worth keeping an eye on to see if it's real and how this turns out.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2019, 07:45 AM #20
> christopherjohn
VIP Rider

christopherjohn
VIP Rider

I'll probably get it for the shits and giggles of it.
christopherjohn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
hasbaro, holding block - the game, legacy, lionsgate, nway, wars