Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: Yes, there's a holiday special, but this is the finale. So vote!
1 - Bad 19 19.19%
1 - Bad
19 19.19%
2 - Poor 18 18.18%
2 - Poor
18 18.18%
3 - Fair 26 26.26%
3 - Fair
26 26.26%
4 - Good 22 22.22%
4 - Good
22 22.22%
5 - Excellent 14 14.14%
5 - Excellent
14 14.14%
Votes: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 10th, 2018, 09:08 PM #61
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

I`m amazed that Saban didn`t suggest to Chip,"you know.The Rangers don`t need to fight and destroy Odius in the finale.Why not have the Rangers present her with a cake and try to be friends with her?"
You laugh,but this is the same company responsible for easily the most childish season of PR in history.This is the same company who thought the show needed a fart joke every other episode.
You know how someone said working on Samurai(which had a dynamite finale and actually became a fairly decent season towards the end)was like "sniffing paint fumes on Sesame Street"?Ninja Steel was basically sniffing a mixture of paint,white-out,and glue before wolfing down some cough syrup on the set of Barney and Friends.
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 09:20 PM #62
> dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

SpaceGalaxy wrote: View Post

Christ, even Tzachor knew to increase the stakes in a finale. You know I've been thinking, despite that journal chronicling Lynn's time at Saban Entertainment, I think Tzachor and Lynn work best when they are together. When single, they both lack something the other one has in a sense.
I believe when Tzachor, Lynn and Jackie Marchand worked together it was like Tzachor wanted the show to be made fast cheap and rely heavy on Sentai footage where Lynn wanted to be more creative but found a way within Tzachor's constraints and Marchand seemed to iron out the kinks of Lynn's work or enhance it. Left to their own devices Tzachor cloned Shinkenger and relied heavly on Goesiger and Gokaiger footage so much that he didn't bother editing pre zyu teams while Lynn was too creative and nobody to hold him in check and iron out the kinks so you're left with inconsistencies with stories and characters.
dark ranger 86 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:08 PM #63
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

Honestly "fine" kind of sums up my feelings on the season. I've defended it a lot but I'll fully admit Ninja Steel is not one of my favorite seasons. It's a fairly bland season all things considered but honestly it doesn't really pass fine. It's watchable I'll probably view it the same as Turbo or Wild Force. Seasons that aren't especially great but got an obscene amount of hate. I'm not saying that if you hated it you're wrong. Far from it of you hated it that's perfectly valid all I'm saying is I really don't think it was worth the constant bashing it received when at worst it was meh.

I don't know that's probably just me but I just don't see what's to legitimately hate about the season.
I just don't see it getting re-evaluated more positively like Turbo, Wild Force, to a lesser extent, Operation Overdrive (yes I'm one of them who didn't despise it and don't consider it the worst since to me, that honour goes to Super Megaforce) and yes, Samurai. I see it being considered to be a very bland season for years to come and Chip Lynn's worst.

Last edited by AdrenalineRush; November 10th, 2018 at 11:13 PM.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:12 PM #64
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Still, I think Cosmo had it coming since he literally gave his hostages explosives like an idiot.
Devils Advocate but he was mostly hoping they'd blow themselves up.

I just don't see it getting re-evaluated more positively like Turbo, Wild Force, to a lesser extent, Operation Overdrive (yes I'm one of them who didn't despise it and dom't consider it the worst since to me, that honour goes to Super Megaforce) and yes, Samurai. I see it being considered to be a very bland season for years to come and Chip Lynn's worst.
I'm just saying I think somewhere down the line people who are legit furious about this season will probably rewatch it when bored and go from "LITERALLY WORSE THAN ANY OTHER SEASON" to "Eh not great but .other as bad as I remember".

I just don't think it was worth the massively negative response it got.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:36 PM #65
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Devils Advocate but he was mostly hoping they'd blow themselves up.
Well, yeah. But he was still stupid because he literally told them "They'll explode when you drop them!" Anybody with a brain could figure out that they could use the weapons that they were just given to take out the enemy.

He really didn't think that one through.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:42 PM #66
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Shows are also a product of when they come out. Ninja Steel lasting two years certainly colored a lot of perception. Not to mention if the Hasbro seasons pan out then it will probably be looked at just as badly.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:58 PM #67
> Racer ranger
Activate Beast Power!

Racer ranger
Activate Beast Power!

there was no sense of urgency at all from the rangers, Odius is op no problem Preston's got a spell and victor and monty destroy two main villains wtf?? here's nininger final morph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgspAfGptyI and ninja steel's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt63jctn4RU and you can see how lacking ninja steel is.
Racer ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:04 AM #68
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

To be fair, Sentai final roll calls/morphs have almost ALWAYS been a lot better than their PR counterparts. I think Wild Force and In Space were the only seasons to upstage the Sentais they were based on in that regard.

That said, it would be really nice if PR would pick up that "Suitless/Helmetless roll call in the finale" tradition that Sentai's had going for over a decade now. I'm actually kinda surprised they didn't do it in Samurai.

Last edited by BlueMystechRanger; November 11th, 2018 at 12:42 AM.
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:23 AM #69
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

That said, it would be really nice if PR would pick up that "Suitless/Helmetless roll call in the finale" tradition that Sentai's had going for over a decade now. I'm actually kinda surprised they didn't do it in Samurai.
Power Rangers has no traditions and that's a problem. And when they try to instill a tradition like "It's Morphin Time" 20 years too late and then make everyone say it in a big Anniversary special as though it's something they've always been saying (even across dimensions) that "tradition" is quite clearly just branding. Like we all know Super Sentai & Power Rangers both exist merely to sell toys, but you can tell the former is always oozing with devotion to what the show is. It may not always lead to a great show, but there's no doubt that they're working on a show that is beloved. Power Rangers often feels like a show that's got a million hands on it pulling in different directions because nobody can agree on a vision.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:31 AM #70
> AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

AdrenalineRush
Power Ranger

I'm just saying I think somewhere down the line people who are legit furious about this season will probably rewatch it when bored and go from "LITERALLY WORSE THAN ANY OTHER SEASON" to "Eh not great but other as bad as I remember".

So you think but I really doubt it.
AdrenalineRush is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:52 AM #71
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

I'm just saying I think somewhere down the line people who are legit furious about this season...
Who, exactly, are these people get keep referring to who are "legit furious"? The overwhelming emotion that pops up in these threads is disappointment.

will probably rewatch it when bored and go from "LITERALLY WORSE THAN ANY OTHER SEASON"
Hardly anyone is saying that.

"Eh not great.."
People are already saying that.

And hindsight works both ways. It was years before I realised how much I truly despised "Dino Thunder", and if "Beast Morphers" really knocks it out of the ballpark, then "Ninja Steel" is jut going to look even worse in hindsight.

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Power Rangers often feels like a show that's got a million hands on it pulling in different directions because nobody can agree on a vision.
It's always felt to me, one of the over-riding emotions behind the last 8 years has been apathy. Let's do the bare minimum of what we have to do, to sell the toys, and then call it a wrap and go home.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:00 AM #72
> EmperorOmnimon
Power Ranger

EmperorOmnimon
Power Ranger

I remember when people used to kill Kalish his seeming apathy for telling original stories and for copying over the Sentai plots. The bar for apathy has been lowered so much that we would all just gladly take Kalish-quality era PR again.
EmperorOmnimon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:10 AM #73
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Xenotome wrote: View Post

Power Rangers has no traditions and that's a problem.
I mean...we did used to have a pretty kickass tradition until about halfway through the Disney era.
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:28 AM #74
> dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

I mean...we did used to have a pretty kickass tradition until about halfway through the Disney era.
That's one tradition. Another would be the rangers somehow fighting monsters/foot soldiers in the woods or forest in the season's premiere.
dark ranger 86 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 01:42 AM #75
> CalmXXCaliber
Monarch of the Forest

CalmXXCaliber
Monarch of the Forest

EmperorOmnimon wrote: View Post

I remember when people used to kill Kalish his seeming apathy for telling original stories and for copying over the Sentai plots. The bar for apathy has been lowered so much that we would all just gladly take Kalish-quality era PR again.
We never know how good we had something until its gone.
CalmXXCaliber is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 05:29 AM #76
> ⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay

ModRn wrote: View Post

Hasbro, if your people are snooping around here, please do the exact opposite of everything that was done in Ninja Steel (except Hayley's character).
Unfortunately, I think the first thing on Hasbro's list was "Keep all members of the production staff and crew and do the exact same thing".

Which means that it's only a matter of time until we start getting characters called "Zordon" and and "Karone" and "Divatox" who have nothing to do with the existing characters, they just didn't bother to check if those names had already been used because they dont give a fuck.

I hope you guys like a man with a mouth full of saliva reciting an opening narration in super-compressed mono sound talking about something that happened "Sentriesagho" that involved some "Munstrusevhil" and "Pawr Raghers", because there's no doubt in my mind they're going to do it again.
Sadsmileyface is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 06:14 AM #77
> Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

I enjoyed the finale. Great direction, writing and camerawork.
Ninjasteel1987 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 06:38 AM #78
> The Plastic Ranger
! Rejoice !

The Plastic Ranger
! Rejoice !

good riddance worst series of all time
The Plastic Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 06:46 AM #79
> Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

Ninjasteel1987
Power Ranger

The Plastic Ranger wrote: View Post

good riddance worst series of all time
There will be a Christmas special next month. Im looking forward to it.
Ninjasteel1987 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2018, 06:58 AM #80
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

dark ranger 86 wrote: View Post

I believe when Tzachor, Lynn and Jackie Marchand worked together it was like Tzachor wanted the show to be made fast cheap and rely heavy on Sentai footage where Lynn wanted to be more creative but found a way within Tzachor's constraints and Marchand seemed to iron out the kinks of Lynn's work or enhance it. Left to their own devices Tzachor cloned Shinkenger and relied heavly on Goesiger and Gokaiger footage so much that he didn't bother editing pre zyu teams while Lynn was too creative and nobody to hold him in check and iron out the kinks so you're left with inconsistencies with stories and characters.
Consider the fact some of the best Finales were based in Super Sentai footage in the case of "Super" Samurai is almost ironic, because Tzachor was criticized because he followed much the footage he had, and the story was telled be the footage they had to use.

We know seasons like Ninninger were dificult to adapt because the footage, and well even Hurricanger was dificult and Disney adapt
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
at least earth survived, clowns save the day, farewell neo-saban, no farts this time, poor zoe, worst father award