Home Menu

Menu

View Poll Results: Yes, there's a holiday special, but this is the finale. So vote!
1 - Bad 19 19.19%
1 - Bad
19 19.19%
2 - Poor 18 18.18%
2 - Poor
18 18.18%
3 - Fair 26 26.26%
3 - Fair
26 26.26%
4 - Good 22 22.22%
4 - Good
22 22.22%
5 - Excellent 14 14.14%
5 - Excellent
14 14.14%
Votes: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 10th, 2018, 11:52 AM #21
> ⚡ModRn
Dance Like Nobody's Watching

ModRn
Dance Like Nobody's Watching

Please PM me condolences for Super Ninja Steel ending. I can't get over this!

ModRn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old November 10th, 2018, 12:48 PM #22
> Darkonda89
Power Ranger

Darkonda89
Power Ranger

Overall, it was an improvement over both the Super Megaforce and Dino Super Charge finales. I thought the final fight with after Madam Odius got powered up was over way too quickly and they should have used the suspense of her being super charged to raise the action more before climax. Madam Odius is one of the better villains in the Neo-Saban era because she actually had to rise to power and had a little bit of an arch, but it felt like she didn't really go anywhere after she got power. She had some good plans, they just didn't quite take them far enough to make them as interesting as they could have been. The humans fighting back on the ship was a nice touch. It didn't make sense that those bombs that Victor and Monty were given by Cosmo would be strong enough to severely damage the ship, since they could have dropped them any time on the show. Dane running away was also not a good moment for "Earth's greatest ninja."

All in all, I like the characters in Super Ninja Steel. The rangers have a strong team and were enjoyable. The anniversary was pretty well done. I think they spent too much time on unrelated moral lessons throughout the season. I have no problem with moral lessons, but they should tie it in better with the conflict so it doesn't feel like a 20 minute lesson, and then a 2 minute fight sequence every episode. This season wasn't completely terrible, but there was a lot of untapped potential just with the ideas that were introduced. Turbo and Ninja Storm had a lighter tone, but even those seasons had moments where the threat the rangers faced seemed pretty serious. It never really felt like anything could possibly happen other than the rangers winning this season. Hopefully this improves in Beast Morphers.
Darkonda89 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 12:53 PM #23
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

Xenotome wrote: View Post

I'd consider Badonna more of a main villain over Cosmo. I know Cosmo essentially filled the role "Monster Maker", but literally nothing he did couldn't of been served by an AI Computer. His job was to push a button. He never even fought any Ranger. At least Levira in Megaforce fought them a couple times in addition to being Chief Enlarging Officer.
At least Cosmo had something of a personality. If there's one thing I really honestly didn't care for it was her inclusion. She did absolutely nothing.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 01:00 PM #24
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

Honestly "fine" kind of sums up my feelings on the season. I've defended it a lot but I'll fully admit Ninja Steel is not one of my favorite seasons. It's a fairly bland season all things considered but honestly it doesn't really pass fine. It's watchable I'll probably view it the same as Turbo or Wild Force. Seasons that aren't especially great but got an obscene amount of hate.
The thought of Ninja Steel becoming anything like Turbo or Wild Force to the fandom kinda sickens me. Because that means it'll be looked back on fondly years later when, quite frankly, something with such minimal effort put it into doesn't deserve to be. This wasn't a horrible season....but it had less of an impact than anything I've ever seen come out of this series. And for that, I'll be considering it one of the worst for a long time.

If you're gonna be good. Be good. If you're gonna be bad, be memorably bad. Don't be like Ninja Steel and just be....there XD
BlueMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 01:04 PM #25
> Royzoga
Power Ranger

Royzoga
Power Ranger

I'm happy they tied up the whole relationship thing, but I'll say there was just a lack of oomph. Problems were resolved easily and by snap of the finger ideas rather than something in sacrifice. Remember when The command center was destroyed in Turbo, sacrificing Zordon in In Space, the last scene with Leo in Lost Galaxy-- While not universally loved, I still remember some hype moments from Samurai, the rangers demorphed in the cockpit felt dire, or at least important enough to care, but I dunno. This just didn't hook me like a ton of other finales did. It wasn't terrible or unwatchable, I just kind of wanted a better send off for the Ninja Steel team than what we got. Although, that kind of feels like a theme from this season. There were too many cool ideas that got rushed and the finished product seemed to lack the proper execution. It's a shame because there were a ton of cool ideas this season, and even in the finale that just felt they lacked gravity. That's just my two cents though!
Royzoga is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 01:27 PM #26
> Musashi
Power Ranger

eBay
Musashi
Power Ranger

eBay

Well, that was an episode that existed. That's for sure.

It started out fine with the narrator recapping, but when he got to the breakup it was still in his super serious voice and hearing that voice talking about a breakup just made me burst out laughing. XD

So let's get Victor and Monty out of the way first. Cosmo gives them bombs to juggle. Bombs that could easily be used against him, and oh look they are and him and Badonna are destroyed along with most of the ship? And they could've easily ran away but instead they just stood there like the idiots that they are. So fine, they're dead. Does anyone care? Then the Rangers put Victor and Monty in charge... because. Then the rangers run off and somehow teleport down even though that's what Victor and Monty were doing so... what was the point of running off? And were there two transporters then? Anyway Victor finally gets his 50th trophy and it feels like the show is saying "Isn't it great, see how far they've come." But... they haven't changed at all so uh, at least we're done with them.

Then Haley and Calvin get back together and both admit they were wrong, which is fine I guess. The whole thing felt like a pointless waste of time when there were more important things going on. btw, love how the door to the satellite room had a picture of a satellite on it.

And now it's time for the world's greatest absentee father. He shows up just to be brainwashed, then runs off with Mick for the final fight. In a show full of pointless characters, you win the award for most pointless.

Wow was that final fight boring. Odius gets this cool new form and we barely see her do anything with it. The rangers magically power up and... look exactly the same. Not even sparkles or anything. Couldn't they use those zord outfits, or modify those outfits just to give the rangers SOMETHING new? It's not like they'll need them again. It was just some sparkly swords and bam, dead. Yawn. If they had cut out the breakup plot and the Dane stuff they could've had more time for a bigger fight.

Then they give up their powers just to get them back in a few weeks and give them up again. Sure, why not.

I'll give my thoughts on the season as a whole after the Christmas ep, but wow was this an underwhelming finale for an underwhelming season.
Musashi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 01:29 PM #27
> SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

SonicBlueRanger
Power Ranger

BlueMystechRanger wrote: View Post

The thought of Ninja Steel becoming anything like Turbo or Wild Force to the fandom kinda sickens me. Because that means it'll be looked back on fondly years later when, quite frankly, something with such minimal effort put it into doesn't deserve to be. This wasn't a horrible season....but it had less of an impact than anything I've ever seen come out of this series. And for that, I'll be considering it one of the worst for a long time.
I.mean that's literally what people thought about those seasons before revisiting them so whatever.
SonicBlueRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 01:36 PM #28
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Decade wrote: View Post

Oh no, ModRn's favorite show is ending
I don't know what's going on in the VIP section, but whatever it is, I probably like it.

-----

And for the finale...

Odious could've done this at any time, yet waited for no apparent reason. There was just no buildup to the stakes.

But as for those stakes, at least it was nice to see that unmorphed action, with the girls infiltrating the ship and saving the day. Even encouraging Victonty to take a heroic step (with the 50th trophy no less, one that they actually seemed to earn, even if by lucky circumstance) - this is how they should've been all along. Even though the result was rather disproportionate.

Unfortunately, there's also a lot of missed opportunity here. First with Daddy Romero, all this time absent, just to end up mind-controlled for one fight, then having to sit out the final fight (along with Mick) just because of Sentai footage constraint.

And the Hayley/Calvin relationship... there's closure to that one thing they had a problem with for one episode. Good for them.

Can we at least say that the world wasn't destroyed like in Kamen Rider Black RX or that other show? (Checks: Yes, we can. Yes, we did.)
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 02:07 PM #29
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

SonicBlueRanger wrote: View Post

I.mean that's literally what people thought about those seasons before revisiting them so whatever.
Yeah I kinda realized it as I was typing it xD

My point still stands though. I will not tolerate this dull, lifeless, plotless disappointment being compared to one of my favorites (I liked Wild Force before it was cool! Eat it, posers! )
Old November 10th, 2018, 02:09 PM #30
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ Madam Odious was a interesthing villan for this season, they should had make her Power-up at least 3 episodes before, because at least they could had had face her aalready Power-up...

Wild Force is one mine favorite seasons, and well they at least they make the stakes hight with the MasterOrg Final plot...
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 02:10 PM #31
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

Would that have made much of a difference? Even in her powered up state she was no more difficult to destroy than any of the other irrelevant monsters of the week they've faced already.

That's the same issue they ran into for the Dino Charge finale. Sledge was supposed to be the big bad but it only took about half the team to defeat him.
Old November 10th, 2018, 02:11 PM #32
> powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

This was bad. Not the worst by far. But just didnt feel like a real end game. Mid season finale maybe, but not the season finale. Why did the Ninja Prism just Pouchie away? Or did it's fairy dust aura give them their powers as it flew by them? So the most powerful object in the universe can just be made?

Just like in SuperCharge last year I dont like having main villains killed by bombs. any other episode they would brush them off, but now cause the seasons over it can totally kill them. And just think about this in a world with Ninjor, season 3 rangers, Ninja Storm, the core 6 Ninja Steel. Dane, the man that just walked away and let his kids do it. Is the "greatest ninja on earth".... bullshit. The only truly epic part of this was Go Go playing over the final stand. Other then this it was any other episode.

My Rankings of the Neo-Saban Era "Super" finales.
1. Samurai
2. this
3. Megaforce
4. Dino charge

Last edited by powerpackers90; November 10th, 2018 at 02:42 PM.
powerpackers90 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 02:50 PM #33
> Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

Brown Ranger
Que Boom!

GreenMystechRanger wrote: View Post

Victor and Monty... killed two main villains. That... really happened.
Yeah. I was like, what? They did that. And Victor gets rewarded with his final trophy. GMFB!
Brown Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 03:05 PM #34
> AkaGreen
JusticeForK

AkaGreen
JusticeForK

Brown Ranger wrote: View Post

Yeah. I was like, what? They did that. And Victor gets rewarded with his final trophy. GMFB!
I think him getting the trophy was actually pretty fair this time. They did a real good thing to help other people for once. They saved some lives.

Still, I think Cosmo had it coming since he literally gave his hostages explosives like an idiot.
AkaGreen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 03:31 PM #35
> Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

Arectaris Returned
Power Ranger

I guess the only positive I can think of is that it's finally over. This was your standard Ninja Steel episode. Loads of misses opportunities, but decent enough to be passable.

Edit: When Odius said "I'll never surrender", I fully expected there to be an accompanying Megaforce reference. I was extremely disappointed that there was not.

Anyway, bring on Beast Morphers!

Last edited by Arectaris Returned; November 10th, 2018 at 03:37 PM.
Arectaris Returned is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 03:56 PM #36
> BengalRanger
Power Ranger

BengalRanger
Power Ranger

I remember in MMPR season 3 when Lord Zedd managed to render the Rangers' Ninjazords inoperable...and then turned around and GAVE the Rangers the Shogunzords, I thought that was the dumbest villain move in all of Rangerdom. But then Cosmo giving Vic and Monty bombs capable of blowing up him and Badonna..and the entire ship?! New winner! Overall, this was the hands down the worst finale in Power Ranger history.
BengalRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 03:59 PM #37
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

Season Finale...

The Girls enter in the Galaxy Warrior ship was nice to see that, for make the people returns to the Normal.

Madam Odious and Mick coming to there Command Center and take the Nexus Prysm seems nice but i think they should had make the Big Bad change for another form early because make the staks higher for the Rangers and for the plot.

Victor and Monty really defeated Badonna and Cosmo, well it was funny apart of blow up the SpaceShip, and the trophy this time was well deserved to Victor.

The Rangers Battle Madam Odious was intense final battle, apart be Niinninger footage, and the them played it was cool, and seems Nexus Prysm take the Power Star and maybe leaving to another point of the universe, and them they celebrated defeated for good, Galvanax and Madam Odious finally gone for good.

Seems the Finale of Neo Saban Finally Over apart just leaved the Special/Epilogue episode, because well The Finales seems could had been worked better, and now are going to be a New Page for Power Rangers, with Hasbro and Beast Morphers, I hope Hasbro not let us down, because well at least we can be happy because Saban bring us the Power Rangers from Disney and now are in Hasbro hands, Power Rangers had been a Franchise with a few companys had there hands in the Show.

Interesthing to see the season finale of Saban Era,Disney Era and them Neo Saban Era, I suppose for now we can wait for PR Beast Morphers...
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 04:52 PM #38
> CLCN1111
Power Ranger

CLCN1111
Power Ranger

They still won't let them kiss huh?
CLCN1111 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 05:07 PM #39
> BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

BlueMystechRanger
#JusticeForK

CLCN1111 wrote: View Post

They've still come closer to it than any other couple in this series. Hayley and Shelby are at least allowed to give their boyfriends a kiss on the cheek. Hell, Hayley even pulls out an "I love you" (kinda). So...progress?
Old November 10th, 2018, 05:08 PM #40
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

Peter
"Stegosaurus!"

BengalRanger wrote: View Post

Overall, this was the hands down the worst finale in Power Ranger history.
Until the Rangers commit multiple acts of planetary genocide, it's second place, if that.

CLCN1111 wrote: View Post

In the comics, they were apparently doing more than that .
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.

Tags
at least earth survived, clowns save the day, farewell neo-saban, no farts this time, poor zoe, worst father award