Home Menu

Menu

Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM #5841
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

FET-Kun wrote: View Post

How is the comic overall, for those who kept up with it? I stopped at the start of shattered grid, because it felt a bit overloaded and leaned back into a lot of Tommy stuff.
After Shattered Grid, there was a god-awful run with a different team of Rangers all from past seasons plus a few comic-exclusive Rangers too (and we got Talon Ranger at last), the book is only now getting back to the MMPR era, now in the post Power Transfer era
Cameron Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM #5842
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

How is the comic overall, for those who kept up with it? I stopped at the start of shattered grid, because it felt a bit overloaded and leaned back into a lot of Tommy stuff.

And while there is a lot of cool stuff that I've seen come out, I can't help but look at it all and be like... this is so bloated for not even 50 issues into a series. Maybe it's just me, but even the american exclusive Rangers, the Solar Ranger team or whatever they're called, and now the Omega Rangers... yes they're cool looking, but they seem to really stick out from what a traditional Ranger suit is... just overly complicated. Was the company that usually designs stuff for Toei (forget their name) consulted at all? Cause it really doesn't seem like it.

In the end, I feel the comic series really started out strong, and now is just... burning through so much content that when they make it into the triple digits (if they do) issue wise, what are we going to have left to surprise us?
Ranger suits have been varied over the years. So really, the Solar and Omega suits work out just fine. The only "complicated" part is the galaxy design on them. But the thing is, the comics can do more. There's more freedom aesthetically because it doesn't have to be a suit that can function well in live action. It's why super hero costumes don't always translate to the live action movies, at not without some tweaks. But they still look fine on the page.

As for content...I mean the beginning of the comic dealt with Tommy's inclusion into the team. Then we had Black Dragon, which lead into Drakkon pt. 1. Finster, then Shattered Grid. After that the Beyond team adventure, and now we're back to MMPR and it's too early yet. GGPR had a fairly even run, then did Alpha-1 briefly. But really, they haven't burned through a lot of content. They only just introduced Zedd anyways. There's plenty to do between established villains and original ones. I wouldn't worry.

But if you were overwhelmed before even getting into Shattered Grid then...it probably doesn't matter where the comic is now or how it's going. But personally, the comic has been good from beginning to now for me. Both of them. The stories have been fun and interesting. Thing is, you read the MMPR comic and you generally know how stuff is going to go. But it's fun to see how they do it in the comic cause obviously it's not the exact same and there's new stuff scattered throughout to keep it interesting. And who can say how the comics will be if one or both of them reach triple digits. Most likely if they reach triple, they'll have been doing it right so there's no real worry.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 01:16 AM #5843
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

And while there is a lot of cool stuff that I've seen come out, I can't help but look at it all and be like... this is so bloated for not even 50 issues into a series. Maybe it's just me, but even the american exclusive Rangers, the Solar Ranger team or whatever they're called, and now the Omega Rangers... yes they're cool looking, but they seem to really stick out from what a traditional Ranger suit is... just overly complicated. Was the company that usually designs stuff for Toei (forget their name) consulted at all? Cause it really doesn't seem like it.

In the end, I feel the comic series really started out strong, and now is just... burning through so much content that when they make it into the triple digits (if they do) issue wise, what are we going to have left to surprise us?
Any suit created outside of the series will always look off from a traditional ranger. I do think it's interesting when people say all the comics lean into Tommy simply because Go Go is a series without him and Shattered Grid he is "dead" for most of it. Calling it bloated is also interesting to me because honestly I feel like in the grand scheme of 50 plus issues over the two series not a ton has happened. Other than Drakkon's world being introduced and Shattered Grid we haven't had a ton of new material aside from the very short introduction of the 60's team. As far as what you have missed post Shattered Grid the main book was a hybrid team made up of several rangers from different seasons. Go Go you get a short adventure of where Rita got the Dragon Coin and a previous ally of Zordon's called Alpha 1 showing up. As other's have mentioned the main book just got back to the Mighty Morphin team this last issue where we jumped to season 2 post power transfer. I'm mostly excited about seeing where they go with Jason, Trini and Zack at this point.

Last edited by comicstar100; Today at 01:23 AM.
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:02 AM #5844
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

Mr. Yellow wrote: View Post

I'm wondering if they screwed up the solicitations since they showed off the Trini Yearbook cover as Issue 23. Usually, they do one character theme for all of the variants.

Their character order for variants has always been: Jason, Trini, Zack, Billy, Kim.

Also, Issue 43 Foil Variant not included on the first post.

Last edited by trekkieb47; Today at 10:12 AM.
trekkieb47 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:15 AM #5845
> darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

darkshadowranger
Give me vodka.

Power Rangers / TMNT crossover coming in December

https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/2...-comic-series/

"The Power Rangers arrive in New York City to find Tommy Oliver - AKA The Mighty Morphin Green Ranger - but soon discover he's joined forces with the villainous Shredder and the Foot Clan! As the Rangers are sent reeling by this betrayal, they're confronted by another (fr)enemy - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Can these heroes find a way to work together to defeat the bad guys and save the world from total destruction?!"

darkshadowranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old Today, 10:22 AM #5846
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

darkshadowranger wrote: View Post

"The Power Rangers arrive in New York City to find Tommy Oliver - AKA The Mighty Morphin Green Ranger - but soon discover he's joined forces with the villainous Shredder and the Foot Clan! As the Rangers are sent reeling by this betrayal, they're confronted by another (fr)enemy - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Can these heroes find a way to work together to defeat the bad guys and save the world from total destruction?!"

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old Today, 10:32 AM #5847
> The Return Of...
VIP Rider

The Return Of...
VIP Rider

Looking forward to this
The Return Of... is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:37 AM #5848
> RedPowerRanger93
Power Ranger

RedPowerRanger93
Power Ranger

Looking forward to it! Is it the same Turtles from IDW comic books? One minor complaint about the cover though. Since Leo (leader) is in the front, they should have done the same with Jason since he's the leader, instead of the same old, same old MMPR Green in the center that Boom have been doing in basically 90% of their covers. Other than that, like I said, looking really forward to this.
RedPowerRanger93 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:41 AM #5849
> ⚡Taichi
Agumon... SHINKA!

32 eBay
Taichi
Agumon... SHINKA!

32 eBay

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:42 AM #5850
> The Return Of...
VIP Rider

The Return Of...
VIP Rider

RedPowerRanger93 wrote: View Post

Looking forward to it! Is it the same Turtles from IDW comic books? One minor complaint about the cover though. Since Leo (leader) is in the front, they should have done the same with Jason since he's the leader, instead of the same old, same old MMPR Green in the center that Boom have been doing in basically 90% of their covers. Other than that, like I said, looking really forward to this.
I feel you on that.
Old Today, 10:44 AM #5851
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

The Return Of... wrote: View Post

I feel you on that.
I guess....but the Turtles don't have a "6th" to speak of. Unless you're going to have Casey there? But that would be an odd cover.

Also, very pumped for this. Hope it's not as throw-away as the Justice League one. Given that the Turtles have crossed paths before with a ranger team in the TV show, it'd be cool if this actually played into the grander narrative of one of the comic series.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:47 AM #5852
> The Return Of...
VIP Rider

The Return Of...
VIP Rider

Dukemon wrote: View Post

I guess....but the Turtles don't have a "6th" to speak of. Unless you're going to have Casey there? But that would be an odd cover.

Also, very pumped for this. Hope it's not as throw-away as the Justice League one. Given that the Turtles have crossed paths before with a ranger team in the TV show, it'd be cool if this actually played into the grander narrative of one of the comic series.
I hope casey and april become rangers during this crossover
Old Today, 10:49 AM #5853
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

I guess....but the Turtles don't have a "6th" to speak of.
Depending on the timeline these Turtles are from, they could have Slash. I think in some incarnations he fills that sixth role as much as (if not more than) just "evil turtle".

Or if all else fails, they could call on Zach.
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:52 AM #5854
> Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

Harpsikord
Prince of Evil

The Turtles did
just get a "sixth"/fifth member in that female character that just got turned into a turtle.
Harpsikord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:55 AM #5855
> Jimothy
Power Ranger

Jimothy
Power Ranger

Given that Ryanís writing it, Iím hopeful itíll actually fit in to the comic continuity. If Tommyís green, that must be the original team, in which case, maybe this takes place sometime pre-Green No More, which the comics havenít covered yet.
Jimothy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 10:56 AM #5856
> White Album
Power Ranger

White Album
Power Ranger

Now this is what I'm talking about!
White Album is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 11:04 AM #5857
> Shagohad12
Power Ranger

Shagohad12
Power Ranger

Here's hoping it's good! If there are any future crossovers, I'm hoping one is with the Transformers. You can't deny a megazord Vs combiner fight wouldn't be awesome.
Shagohad12 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 11:07 AM #5858
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

darkshadowranger wrote: View Post

Oh I want this! I want this! I know itís too early to think about this, but Iím also hoping they do an animated movie like Batman vs. TMNT. If they do, they should get the five surviving cast members from MMPR to reprise their roles. My only concern is that AJJ says that she doesnít have the same amount of energy like she used to when she does morphing calls for fans.
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 11:14 AM #5859
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Where the hell is Venus?

Sorry Boom, you almost had me!
Zeo Cereal is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Today, 11:16 AM #5860
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Harpsikord wrote: View Post

The Turtles did
just get a "sixth"/fifth member in that female character that just got turned into a turtle.
Ah, you're right. That would be cool if that were alluded to.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
his time has come