Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2016, 05:47 PM #1
Decade's Avatar
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 32,564
1
Decade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER
Decade's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 32,564
1



The Venting Thread 2.0 - Getting angrier than ever!

The 1st venting thread: http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=160832
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 06:00 PM #2
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,634
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,634



I'm venting that the old thread had enough venting to facilitate this.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 06:11 PM #3
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,321
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,321



Personally, I've found venting to be more about a therapeutic release for an issue than outright anger.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 06:15 PM #4
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,408
Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,408



I need a vacation from my grandmother in the worst way. I pick her up and half the time I get screamed at directly in my ear. And I have a long history of hearing problems that have left my ears very sensitive to exactly that.

My friends are all going on these trips to theme parks, beaches, foreign countries, beach theme parks in foreign countries, and I'm here falling out of my chair because we lost track of time and Granny's "Wheel of Fortune is on!" scream is the same as her "I just messed myself" scream. And my one vacation opportunity is basically off the table because I screwed up my money last year.

I am so stressed. So very stressed.
Miraculous Bikkun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 06:19 PM #5
KRDK's Avatar
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,479
KRDK
Nobody's Perfect
KRDK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,479



I need to get the Hell out of Missouri. Lived here most of my life and it almost feels as though I am trapped here. I just need to restart my life. I am 25 years old, living at home and am on my third, soon to be fourth, job (last one was seasonal).
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 07:53 PM #6
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,997
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 15,997



My co-workers are frustrating. I mean they're not bad people, but seriously. How hard is it to pick up after yourself? Put stuff where it belongs instead of tossing stuff around. There is an organization to things that people /should/ be following. Also doesn't help our managers can care less about people not doing the bloody job right.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 07:54 PM #7
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,181
eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,181
eBay



Fuck walnuts.
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 08:02 PM #8
KRDK's Avatar
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,479
KRDK
Nobody's Perfect
KRDK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,479



Alitain wrote: View Post

My co-workers are frustrating. I mean they're not bad people, but seriously. How hard is it to pick up after yourself? Put stuff where it belongs instead of tossing stuff around. There is an organization to things that people /should/ be following. Also doesn't help our managers can care less about people not doing the bloody job right.
I feel you on that. I worked in a deli for over a year and I have never met a lazier bunch. Sure some weren't lazy but anyone that worked primarily mornings couldn't give a crap.
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 08:13 PM #9
> ⚡TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,762
TeraMan
Monster Rider Mod
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,762



Speaking of, when I dived into the restroom of a restaurant just now, someone left a used diaper and towels on the sink. By apparently someone too lazy to throw it away.

Fucking disgusting.

ѾLord Stop The Pain wrote: View Post

Fuck walnuts.
The hell did the walnut do to you?
TeraMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 08:26 PM #10
KRDK's Avatar
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,479
KRDK
Nobody's Perfect
KRDK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,479



I used to find diapers on the pavement or in the carts when I would bring in the carts at night. This was at Target mind you so you can throw one Walmart stereotype out the window.
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 09:49 PM #11
Kaigan's Avatar
> Kaigan
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 23,061
Kaigan
Banned
Kaigan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 23,061



The last one had 300 pages!? Holy shit, I didn't even notice.
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016, 09:59 PM #12
Allio's Avatar
> Allio
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,519
Allio
Power Ranger
Allio's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,519



Ramona Badwolf

that is all.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 04:11 PM #13
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,314
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,314



since the other venting thread was closed, i haven't been specific enough about this, but the long and short of it as to why i'm filled with anger, bitterness and rage as to why i feel this way is because i got led on by another girl on the dating site OkCupid, it's the second girl to do that to me in almost 2 months, it's a long story as to how it happend, and last time i went on a date was this past July, sadly didn't get a second date and that was my first time going on a date in like 3 years!!

yes i understand that rejection is part of life, girls don't owe me anything, if they are not interested in me, thats their right, the rejection that i hate the most is whenever i feel someone makes me think i have a chance with them, only to deny my further attempts or advances, or the long and short of it, it's not rejection, it's more the way they do it in the first place, and it pisses me off whenever people say that us guys should enjoy and embrace having to be the one that makes the first move, be the initiator, they always say, because we don't have to do the waiting, when i hear that, it just pisses me off and fills me with rage even more because i hate having to be the one to risk rejection all the damn time.
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 05:01 PM #14
Kaigan's Avatar
> Kaigan
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 23,061
Kaigan
Banned
Kaigan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 23,061



PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

since the other venting thread was closed, i haven't been specific enough about this, but the long and short of it as to why i'm filled with anger, bitterness and rage as to why i feel this way is because i got led on by another girl on the dating site OkCupid, it's the second girl to do that to me in almost 2 months, it's a long story as to how it happend, and last time i went on a date was this past July, sadly didn't get a second date and that was my first time going on a date in like 3 years!!

yes i understand that rejection is part of life, girls don't owe me anything, if they are not interested in me, thats their right, the rejection that i hate the most is whenever i feel someone makes me think i have a chance with them, only to deny my further attempts or advances, or the long and short of it, it's not rejection, it's more the way they do it in the first place, and it pisses me off whenever people say that us guys should enjoy and embrace having to be the one that makes the first move, be the initiator, they always say, because we don't have to do the waiting, when i hear that, it just pisses me off and fills me with rage even more because i hate having to be the one to risk rejection all the damn time.
You say they don't owe you anything but you re literally describing how it is when someone owes you something.

Did you ever stop to think... maybe girls just don't like this attitude? Seriously man, you're coming off incredibly desperate, and that's coming from someone who comes off incredibly desperate. Maybe they do like you at first, but as they get to know you more, they just realize you don't click, or they can sense this attitude of yours and it's a turn off. Just because someone changes their mind about how they feel towards you doesn't mean they "led you on". I keep trying to think of something constructive to say but all I can really come up with is telling you how wildly immature you're being about this. And I can say that comfortably because... I do all the same shit, and I've been trying very hard to break myself out of it.

It really does not feel like you care enough to realize that maybe you are the problem, and something about you needs to change. You're constantly passing the blame off on other people, then you say you don't mean to, but then you continue to do it. You've stuck yourself in a really, really bad cycle of self-sabotage and the only person that can change that is you. You're just... not doing it. Listen, Decade said something in the last thread about how this is the venting thread, not the life improvement thread. So of course you're not obligated to take our advice, but this is clearly not just venting. I think you keep expecting people to spell out exactly what you need to do to get what you want, but we can't do that. You need to figure it out yourself, and if you're not willing to put in the work to do that... then we really can't help you.
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 06:09 PM #15
AshiusX's Avatar
> AshiusX
Inoue-ist
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4,217
AshiusX
Inoue-ist
AshiusX's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 4,217



If you can get a girl to go with a date on OkCupid then congratulations you are more capable than many of the men who use the site. If you can visit the reddit of OkCupid then it's usually a bunch of guys about complaining about how girls don't reply to their messages or haven't gotten a single date since they used the website.
I don't know knowing that can make you feel better but I hope it does someway.
Don't let this hurt your self-esteem.
AshiusX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 06:24 PM #16
Brown Ranger's Avatar
> Brown Ranger
Que Boom!
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,647
Brown Ranger
Que Boom!
Brown Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 7,647



I have told you all before in the previous thread about my oldest sister getting oral cancer in her tongue. Her therapies and doctor visits all over and she goes home in 2 weeks, one week before her 58 birthday. I'm so glad it's all over for her as she heads back home to California.
Brown Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 06:28 PM #17
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,634
AkaPrimoKanyeWest
#RiderTimesUp
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,634



PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

i'm filled with anger, bitterness and rage
And that's all you need to say.

Jared just made a brilliant point about passing blame. These emotions are all negative and all completely controlled by you, whether or not you realize it. Your response to anything and everything that happens in your life, be it good or bad, is yours to own and yours alone, no one else is or ever will be responsible for it no matter what they do.

i got led on by another girl on the dating site OkCupid, it's the second girl to do that to me in almost 2 months, it's a long story as to how it happend, and last time i went on a date was this past July, sadly didn't get a second date and that was my first time going on a date in like 3 years!!
See, you have a habit of skipping past the most pertinent part of the conversation. "It's a long story" seems to be where the frustration is coming from, yet you don't want to go into that part, when that part could be the key to end your frustration.

And what I'll say I'm personally hearing from those words is you conveying something on to her concerning your personal dating drought. Again, Jared pointed it out, you're not owed any favors for getting a date. They'll all go how they go, there's no greater or lesser success based on the length of time in between when you make them.

the rejection that i hate the most is whenever i feel someone makes me think i have a chance with them
If someone ever agrees to go out with you, of course you have a chance with them. But like Josh pointed out to you in the last thread, it's a test run to see if your assumptions about each other were right, and that can all change in that one date.

And I'll add the piece I gave you last time, it seems like you have no problems with any of the women you're dating, which doesn't seem at all possible unless you're desperate. You don't have to be desperate, that is yet another feeling controlled by your own opinion of yourself.


it pisses me off whenever people say that us guys should enjoy and embrace having to be the one that makes the first move, be the initiator, they always say, because we don't have to do the waiting, when i hear that, it just pisses me off and fills me with rage even more because i hate having to be the one to risk rejection all the damn time.
Dude, you're not risking rejection any more than the other person is. You need to take a step back and see things from a perspective that isn't your own. Like I just said, YOU could easily be the one that doesn't like her, and she knows that going in as well. The way you're presenting yourself is giving all of these women inherent power over you, and that's probably where the anger is coming from. Take back control over yourself, the women don't even want control over you.

And just to add what I want to make sure is getting through to you and these "people" you keep referring to that say these weird things, women aren't sitting around here waiting to be asked out. The construct is far more even than you want to accept.
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 07:21 PM #18
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,314
PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger
PopCultureLover06's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,314



Primo Ron White wrote: View Post

And that's all you need to say.

Jared just made a brilliant point about passing blame. These emotions are all negative and all completely controlled by you, whether or not you realize it. Your response to anything and everything that happens in your life, be it good or bad, is yours to own and yours alone, no one else is or ever will be responsible for it no matter what they do.


See, you have a habit of skipping past the most pertinent part of the conversation. "It's a long story" seems to be where the frustration is coming from, yet you don't want to go into that part, when that part could be the key to end your frustration.

And what I'll say I'm personally hearing from those words is you conveying something on to her concerning your personal dating drought. Again, Jared pointed it out, you're not owed any favors for getting a date. They'll all go how they go, there's no greater or lesser success based on the length of time in between when you make them.


If someone ever agrees to go out with you, of course you have a chance with them. But like Josh pointed out to you in the last thread, it's a test run to see if your assumptions about each other were right, and that can all change in that one date.

And I'll add the piece I gave you last time, it seems like you have no problems with any of the women you're dating, which doesn't seem at all possible unless you're desperate. You don't have to be desperate, that is yet another feeling controlled by your own opinion of yourself.



Dude, you're not risking rejection any more than the other person is. You need to take a step back and see things from a perspective that isn't your own. Like I just said, YOU could easily be the one that doesn't like her, and she knows that going in as well. The way you're presenting yourself is giving all of these women inherent power over you, and that's probably where the anger is coming from. Take back control over yourself, the women don't even want control over you.

And just to add what I want to make sure is getting through to you and these "people" you keep referring to that say these weird things, women aren't sitting around here waiting to be asked out. The construct is far more even than you want to accept.
What do you mean that construct is far more even than you want to accept? It's very rare for a girl to make the first move or ask a guy out first, yes I'm aware about what you said about responsibility, I've always felt for years now that it's men who have to take more responsibility or accept more responsibility in life than women do and what made me more mad as of lately is that this dating coach on the East Coast named Brad Holiday, he even said in a group discussion on Facebook about women, he said "Women accept zero responsibility for their lives", and another guy agreed with him and he made me more mad by saying I wouldn't have it any other way it's perfect for us as men, that filled me with more anger and rage
PopCultureLover06 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 07:29 PM #19
Kaigan's Avatar
> Kaigan
Banned
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 23,061
Kaigan
Banned
Kaigan's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 23,061



PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

It's very rare for a girl to make the first move or ask a guy out first
No it's not. Women make the first move all the time. Whoever you're getting this information from simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

Right now, you simply are not ready for a relationship. That's a fact. You have other things you need to focus on and fix first before you can emotionally handle a relationship. It's time to take a step back from it for a while.

I'm going to continue to point out that I go through the same shit you do. But you know what I don't do? I don't blame it on other people. I don't act like the world owes me any favors. Even if I do get into that mindset of oh woe is me, I try my damndest to pull myself out of it as quick as I can. Progress may be slow, but it's progress because I've taken responsibility for what's going on in my life. Until you accept that you're the one making things hard for yourself, nothing will get better.

It's almost like talking to a brick wall though, because no matter what anyone says to you, you just keep going back to the same old points. You keep reiterating the same thing over and over and over, blaming gender stereotypes that aren't true, or blaming other people for leading you on, or blaming other people for misinformation. You know what I haven't seen you do one single time in your posting history?

Accept responsibility for yourself.

Last edited by Kaigan; October 28th, 2016 at 07:35 PM.
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2016, 10:52 PM #20
Crow T. Robot's Avatar
> Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 13,586
32
Crow T. Robot
Wisecracker
Crow T. Robot's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 13,586
32



PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

since the other venting thread was closed, i haven't been specific enough about this, but the long and short of it as to why i'm filled with anger, bitterness and rage as to why i feel this way is because i got led on by another girl on the dating site OkCupid, it's the second girl to do that to me in almost 2 months, it's a long story as to how it happend, and last time i went on a date was this past July, sadly didn't get a second date and that was my first time going on a date in like 3 years!!

yes i understand that rejection is part of life, girls don't owe me anything, if they are not interested in me, thats their right, the rejection that i hate the most is whenever i feel someone makes me think i have a chance with them, only to deny my further attempts or advances, or the long and short of it, it's not rejection, it's more the way they do it in the first place, and it pisses me off whenever people say that us guys should enjoy and embrace having to be the one that makes the first move, be the initiator, they always say, because we don't have to do the waiting, when i hear that, it just pisses me off and fills me with rage even more because i hate having to be the one to risk rejection all the damn time.
Okay so tell us clearly, how are they making you think you have a chance with them? What exactly is it that they are doing?

And also, first date in three years is not that big of a deal. When I went on my first date with my wife, I had been single for five. After being cheated on and dumped by my previous girlfriend, and then cyber-stalked by her while she planned her wedding to the other guy.

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

What do you mean that construct is far more even than you want to accept? It's very rare for a girl to make the first move or ask a guy out first, yes I'm aware about what you said about responsibility, I've always felt for years now that it's men who have to take more responsibility or accept more responsibility in life than women do and what made me more mad as of lately is that this dating coach on the East Coast named Brad Holiday, he even said in a group discussion on Facebook about women, he said "Women accept zero responsibility for their lives", and another guy agreed with him and he made me more mad by saying I wouldn't have it any other way it's perfect for us as men, that filled me with more anger and rage
First off, stop listening to "dating coaches". If I've found the guy you're talking about, you're listening to a steroid-pumping asshat who probably uses psychological manipulation techniques and has never been in a significant, healthy relationship in his entire life. If you just want to get women into bed, he seems like the kind of guy to talk to. If you want something of substance, I'd seriously question his approach. And that whole "Women accept zero responsibility for their lives" line is utter bullshit.

Second, stop assuming that because you're seeing one outcome, it never happens any different. Around the time I met my wife on eHarmony, I was approached by a few different women, with them initiating contact. Nothing came of the approaches, though, but that's okay. Then my wife got in contact with me, laughably enough while I was starting to type out an email to her. That was nearly six years ago. I'm now happily married with a daughter due in roughly three months, with a house and a stable (though not highly paid at all) job.

This doesn't mean, however, that I wouldn't ever make the first move. Put aside gender for a minute. Ignore the existence of males and females, and think of everyone as just human beings. If you see someone you're interested in, why shouldn't you make the first move? Why should you wait for them to do so instead? When you want something in life, you need to go for it.

In this situation, if anyone isn't taking responsibility for their lives, it's you. By coming here with the same stale, broken attitude we've been trying to help you out of for the longest time.
Crow T. Robot is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
drama, family, toxic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.