Home Menu

Menu

Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:31 PM #81
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

KRDK wrote: View Post

Apparently they are replacing Frank as Fred? long.
Yeah, fuck this. If I can't hear Fred say "treasure" like "tray-zhur" then what's the point. But seriously, good on Grey DeLisle stepping away too. Maybe have the courtesy to say "We've decided to go in a different direction" with your former VAs in advance next time.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:31 PM #82
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

I'm hoping that Warner Bros. will reconsider at some point. Disney was originally just going to have Jim Cummings do the voice of Winnie the Pooh in Christopher Robin and have Chris O'Dowd do Tigger's voice instead of him. However, during test screenings, audiences thought O'Dowd sounded inconsistent and missed the classic Tigger voice, so they had Cummings do it in the final cut. The rest of the characters from the Hundred-Acre Wood were mostly done by popular actors, but fans didn't seem to mind that.

Alitain wrote: View Post

Geez, this is turning into a whole fiasco. And all because they wouldn't get Lillard. It's a shame to him, way not fair. And nice for DeLisle supporting him by not coming back. Shame it had to end up this way, but yeah.
Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

But seriously, good on Grey DeLisle stepping away too. Maybe have the courtesy to say "We've decided to go in a different direction" with your former VAs in advance next time.
It sounded like they didn't even bother asking Grey to do Daphne's voice either. I updated my post a little bit. It was indeed great to see her being vocal about this decision as well.
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:45 PM #83
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

If I remember correctly, Winchell gave Jim his blessing to play Tigger similar to how Kasem wanted Lillard to play Shaggy. Even before Mary's untimely suicide, Grey was always going to be the next voice of Daphne at some point.
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 09:34 PM #84
> bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

bearytrek
Unicron Backer #1

hmph, what a way to celebrate the series' 50th anniversary

I wonder if that carries over to the new series "Guess Who..." and all the voices will be recast for that...
bearytrek is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 09:54 PM #85
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

I'm hoping that Warner Bros. will reconsider at some point. Disney was originally just going to have Jim Cummings do the voice of Winnie the Pooh in Christopher Robin and have Chris O'Dowd do Tigger's voice instead of him. However, during test screenings, audiences thought O'Dowd sounded inconsistent and missed the classic Tigger voice, so they had Cummings do it in the final cut. The rest of the characters from the Hundred-Acre Wood were mostly done by popular actors, but fans didn't seem to mind that.

To be fair,I wish they had kept Kath Soucie as Kanga...I can never get enough of that woman`s voice
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 11:38 PM #86
> MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

MegaZeo
Shattered Plot

Trey-El wrote: View Post

But if getting a celebrity cast doesn't matter, why exactly does the cast matter whatsoever? I get the complaints, but if no one cares about who voices these characters, then why is it such a big deal Lillard and Welker aren't voice their characters?
It isn't that nobody cares about the characters or their voices, it's that nobody cares if the studio casts celebrities as the characters. Trust me, no one is saying "Oh, now WILL FORTE is voicing Shaggy? Hell yes, now I finally like Scooby-Doo!" The characters themselves are what's important. As such, why not cast the people who voice the characters best (and in Welker's case, the only one who's ever voiced Fred since the character has existed)?
MegaZeo is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2019, 02:37 AM #87
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Grey DeLisle-Griffin pretty much confirmed that she won't be returning as the voice of Daphne after reading what happened to Lillard. She also apparently wasn't even asked to do this movie either.

https://twitter.com/GreyDeLisle/stat...60928159948800
Daphne sticking up for Shaggy?

The 'ship is real
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2019, 04:02 AM #88
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

What they did to Lillard was crap. He has been Shaggy for how long? That would have been like replacing Kasem in The New Scooby Movies. WB just pissed off a WHOLE lot of fans with that move. As much as I love Captain Caveman being in the movie, probably going to skip out on this one because you don't do a guy like Lillard dirty like that.
I'm thinking money might have something to do with this. Here on Brazil, Scooby's VA has been playing him every since the beggining. He even made the guinness (to give you an idea of how long it was. Dude's 99 now and for what I read, he's super healthy!) yet when he asked a better paycheck, WB just replaced him and then also replaced Daphne's, Velma's and Shaggy's who've been doing it for a considerable amount of time.

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

Even though it's not the best, the last time they were actually together was in Scooby Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost. That was out at the beginning of February this year.
Kind of interesting.. The last flick with the american cast together also happens to be the one where they finished a loose end of one of the old shows.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2019, 01:35 PM #89
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

It's official. Fred and Daphne are also in fact going to be voiced by big-time Hollywood actors. Zac Efron has been cast as Fred and Amanda Seyfried will be voicing Daphne.

Warner Brosí Animated Scooby-Doo Finds Its Fred & Daphne In Zac Efron & Amanda Seyfried
Old March 22nd, 2019, 01:46 PM #90
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

Yeah I am definitely going to pass on this. They have Welker on the cast but don't want him pulling double duty? I only hope it was his decision and not WB's.
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2019, 03:30 PM #91
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Zac Efron has been cast as Fred
Wow, that was an awful choice.

He sounds closer to Shaggy than he ever will to Fred.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2019, 04:59 PM #92
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Yeah I am definitely going to pass on this. They have Welker on the cast but don't want him pulling double duty? I only hope it was his decision and not WB's.
It's too bad that I won't be attending Fan Expo Dallas in a couple months because Frank Welker will be appearing there. If I met him at his booth or attended a Q&A I would've asked him what the situation was.

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Wow, that was an awful choice.

He sounds closer to Shaggy than he ever will to Fred.
I know. I'm really hoping that Warner Bros. does some test screenings and realize they need to do some changes if the voices aren't right. Seyfried has a voice that reminds me a little bit of Stefanianna Christopherson's, who voiced Daphne in the very first season of the series. However, I don't think it sounds that similar to Grey DeLisle-Griffin's, which fans are so used to by now.
Old March 22nd, 2019, 05:50 PM #93
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

It's official. Fred and Daphne are also in fact going to be voiced by big-time Hollywood actors. Zac Efron has been cast as Fred and Amanda Seyfried will be voicing Daphne.

Warner Brosí Animated Scooby-Doo Finds Its Fred & Daphne In Zac Efron & Amanda Seyfried
For some reason,I now want to see Amanda Seyfried cosplaying as Daphne,because......well,reasons.
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2019, 07:33 PM #94
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

Okay, my Fred, you want to cut me in.
SuperStar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2019, 02:04 PM #95
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

It definitely seems like a bad call to replace the main cast besides Scooby. Welker is animated Fred. He just is. And Lilliard is animated Shaggy.

I hope WB doesn't try this with Space Jam 2. I don't need a big celebrity like Chris Evans voicing Bugs Bunny.
SuperMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2019, 04:11 PM #96
> Darthbane2007
Power Ranger

Darthbane2007
Power Ranger

I am surprised they are still making Scooby Doo movies...
Darthbane2007 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2019, 04:26 PM #97
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

Darthbane2007 wrote: View Post

I am surprised they are still making Scooby Doo movies...
Scooby Doo's been an active money maker pretty much since the show first hit the airwaves. I think the only two times the show's gone down in popularity was in 85 with 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo (which was yanked after a few months and signaled the end of Scooby's Saturday morning run until A Pup Named Scooby Doo hit the air a few years later) and in 2004 when Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed didn't bring in the audience WB wanted, and stalled the theatrical films.

But the DTV films apparently still make money for WB to keep the Scooby train rolling, and they won't stop until a movie/show actively bombs hard enough for them to put Scooby in the kennel for a while.
BobbyDrake2000 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2019, 04:46 PM #98
> Virus
Power Ranger

Virus
Power Ranger

Yeah, pass.
Virus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2019, 09:55 PM #99
> SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

SuperMystechRanger
Power Ranger

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

But the DTV films apparently still make money for WB to keep the Scooby train rolling, and they won't stop until a movie/show actively bombs hard enough for them to put Scooby in the kennel for a while.
And even when a Scooby show gets a negative reaction it doesn't stop them from making more. Looking at Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue, or Be Cool Scooby-Doo.

Although I kinda like Be Cool. It's a little ugly, but it has solid writing, IMO.
SuperMystechRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2019, 10:41 PM #100
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈

Trey-El wrote: View Post

But if getting a celebrity cast doesn't matter, why exactly does the cast matter whatsoever? I get the complaints, but if no one cares about who voices these characters, then why is it such a big deal Lillard and Welker aren't voice their characters?
Because when people say "Nobody Cares" they mean having Zac Efron and the like aren't going to be what makes this movie money. Zac Efron & The Rock couldn't even save Bay Watch. And that shit canning people who have been with the show 10, 20, even 50 years as Frank has been is straight up disrespectful. Scooby Doo has been a long standing money making franchise for literally 50 years that has a dedicated cast. They've decided to instead just turn their back on their actors & the franchise's fans for what they think is a quick buck.

This isn't a live action movie, there's no reason for a movie that inherently built on Nostalgia (The last time I'd heard the name Captain Caveman was watching reruns in the late 90s at my Grandma's) to give the middle finger to the cast who've built & maintained it. Hell, them letting Frank still do Scooby shows that they know the importance of a familiar voice but the rest aren't the name of the show and WB feels they're just easily replaceable actors. So great... spend more money on actors who won't elevate the project to balloon the budget even more and when it doesn't make enough money for them blame it on the franchise and not their incredible ineptitude of reading the room.

Last edited by Xenotome; March 23rd, 2019 at 10:46 PM.
Xenotome is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.