Home Menu

Menu

Old March 2nd, 2019, 01:49 AM #61
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I kind of hope this movie borrows elements from. or has nods to, the other crossover series HB did in the past...most of them centred around Yogi Bear as the leader, so if they could get him involved, or have them all take orders from Top Cat like they did in "Treasure Hunt" or we get a Laff-A-Lympics sequence, I'm down
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 02:42 AM #62
> Danny87
Power Ranger

Danny87
Power Ranger

ranger_scout wrote: View Post

If they are going to get celebrities to voice Fred and Daphne, then I definitely think Reese Witherspoon would be perfect for Daphne and Channing Tatum could voice Fred. Or maybe since Dax Shephard is involved with this film, they might get him and Kristen Bell to voice the characters. The article that reported this news is interesting because it sounds like we are going to be seeing a lot more Hanna-Barbera characters.
It’s all about the shared universe these days! Though i loved Yogis Treasure Hunt
Danny87 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 03:15 AM #63
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

I know. I'd imagine that Lillard must be feeling pretty bummed right now. It's kind of like when they got Tiffany to replace Janet Waldo as Judy Jetson in Jetsons: The Movie. Waldo said in an interview that if the whole cast of the series had been replaced, then she wouldn't have minded, but the fact that she was the only one to have her character voiced by someone else broke her heart. Lillard might not have been the first actor to voice Shaggy, but he's received praise for his portrayal since the live-action movies. It sounds like Warner Bros. is just going to have the human characters done by other people and have Welker do Scooby's voice.
What's sadder is that the movie was the last time the original cast would be together for a Jetsons project since George and Spacely's VA's would pass away towards the end of production (I believe George O'Hanlon died in the sound booth), and this would have marked Waldo's final turn as Judy if she'd been kept in the movie.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 07:33 AM #64
> shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

It would be one thing if it was live action again, since he's gotten older, but its a cartoon, he has been Shaggy for YEAR, and they could really play up the fact he was a live action Shaggy by showing clips of him in the sound booth like they do with so many other actors in cartoon trailers, ESPECIALLY if they're having Weller back as Scooby...

.....Who always did Scooby when the then current Shaggy actor couldn't, so him doing Soon has always been Plan B, so it would be WEIRD if he's only doing Scooby if a celebrity ends up doing Freddy.
shoujoaifan01 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 01:01 PM #65
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

I'd imagine that Lillard must be feeling pretty bummed right now.
He apparently found out the same time as we did. No heads up or anything. That fuckin' sucks. Right after he got to ride the waves of a Shaggy meme, too.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 03:22 PM #66
> BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

BobbyDrake2000
Ice Blue Ranger

After Messik died and before Welker took over the role officially, I remember them going through a few VA replacements for Scooby for the early DTVs/feature films/Cartoon Network promos, but Don Messik is pretty irreplaceable in the role. Just be glad they didn't approach Dan Ackroyd to do Scooby's voice for this movie.
BobbyDrake2000 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 04:44 PM #67
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

BobbyDrake2000 wrote: View Post

What's sadder is that the movie was the last time the original cast would be together for a Jetsons project since George and Spacely's VA's would pass away towards the end of production (I believe George O'Hanlon died in the sound booth), and this would have marked Waldo's final turn as Judy if she'd been kept in the movie.
She would continue to voice Judy in Jetsons themed commercials and advertisements for Cartoon Network. The last project I can think of where she voiced Judy was The 1st 13th Annual Fancy Anvil Awards Show Program Special back in 2002.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Janet-Waldo/

Cuchulainn wrote: View Post

He apparently found out the same time as we did. No heads up or anything. That fuckin' sucks. Right after he got to ride the waves of a Shaggy meme, too.
Here is his response.

Matthew Lillard wrote:
Well this sucks.
What a crappy way to find out.... thanks Hollywood. You never sense to amaze me.

Cease. Duh.
https://twitter.com/MatthewLillard/s...41160820015104

ETA: There's even an article about it.

‘Scooby-Doo’ Reboot: Shaggy Actor Matthew Lillard Wasn’t Told He Was Being Replaced

Last edited by ranger_scout; March 2nd, 2019 at 04:49 PM. Reason: An article about him being replaced has now been written.
ranger_scout is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 04:50 PM #68
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Lord Buttus wrote: View Post

Ya know, why even bother getting big names for this movie? It's Scooby Doo, no one cares about who the voices are with these characters.
MegaZeo wrote: View Post

But no Matthew Lillard? And maybe no Frank Welker as Fred? What is wrong with them? This is like when they got new, "celebrity" voices for Alvin & The Chipmunks - No one could tell and no one cared.
But if getting a celebrity cast doesn't matter, why exactly does the cast matter whatsoever? I get the complaints, but if no one cares about who voices these characters, then why is it such a big deal Lillard and Welker aren't voice their characters?
Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 04:58 PM #69
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

Grey DeLisle-Griffin pretty much confirmed that she won't be returning as the voice of Daphne after reading what happened to Lillard. She also apparently wasn't even asked to do this movie either.

Grey DeLisle-Griffin wrote:
Truly heartbreaking. I feel like they should have used celebs in the supporting cast but kept the original gang. People want to hear the voices they grew up with. At least they kept Frankie. #ScoobyDooMovie
https://twitter.com/GreyDeLisle/stat...60928159948800

Last edited by ranger_scout; March 2nd, 2019 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Adding more information
Old March 2nd, 2019, 05:44 PM #70
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

What they did to Lillard was crap. He has been Shaggy for how long? That would have been like replacing Kasem in The New Scooby Movies. WB just pissed off a WHOLE lot of fans with that move. As much as I love Captain Caveman being in the movie, probably going to skip out on this one because you don't do a guy like Lillard dirty like that.
KRDK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 05:51 PM #71
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

KRDK wrote: View Post

What they did to Lillard was crap. He has been Shaggy for how long? That would have been like replacing Kasem in The New Scooby Movies. WB just pissed off a WHOLE lot of fans with that move. As much as I love Captain Caveman being in the movie, probably going to skip out on this one because you don't do a guy like Lillard dirty like that.
I agree. I don't think it's fair to Lillard, and I'm not going to watch this movie either, at least not in theaters. I might just rent it at Redbox, when it's like less than $3. That'll depend on how the movie fares too, though.
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 06:04 PM #72
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

Apparently they are replacing Frank as Fred? Does WB even realize that outside of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, Welker has voiced Fred in EVERY iteration of the character. The franchise's golden anniversary is coming up in about 6 months and Welker has voiced an adult Fred for that long.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 06:18 PM #73
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Apparently they are replacing Frank as Fred? Does WB even realize that outside of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo, Welker has voiced Fred in EVERY iteration of the character. The franchise's golden anniversary is coming up in about 6 months and Welker has voiced an adult Fred for that long.
Well, they haven't said anything yet about that, that I know of. But I guess if they were going to replace all of the other human characters of Mystery Inc, I wouldn't be surprised if they replace him from Fred too.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 06:19 PM #74
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

If Lillard and Grey walk away completely (which I could totally see them doing), the last time this current gang was together was the Supernatural crossover I believe.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 06:25 PM #75
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

If Lillard and Grey walk away completely (which I could totally see them doing), the last time this current gang was together was the Supernatural crossover I believe.
Even though it's not the best, the last time they were actually together was in Scooby Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost. That was out at the beginning of February this year.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 07:59 PM #76
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

I actually liked the original 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo. I wonder if there was any ribbing at the expense of Lillard in the making of it because he co-starred in Thirteen Ghosts, a horror movie. I know they are unrelated but still funny.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:05 PM #77
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Man, Lillard was Shaggy. He was perfectly voiced. Forte has such a distinctive voice that is so wrong for Shaggy it's just plain absurd they even considered the idea of using him at all. This feels like it's trying really oddly hard to get some kind of buzz beyond it's normal scooby following and just making the wrong moves to do it.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:11 PM #78
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Geez, this is turning into a whole fiasco. And all because they wouldn't get Lillard. It's a shame to him, way not fair. And nice for DeLisle supporting him by not coming back. Shame it had to end up this way, but yeah.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:13 PM #79
> ranger_scout
Power Ranger

ranger_scout
Power Ranger

GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

I agree. I don't think it's fair to Lillard, and I'm not going to watch this movie either, at least not in theaters. I might just rent it at Redbox, when it's like less than $3. That'll depend on how the movie fares too, though.
It's obviously not fair to Grey DeLisle-Griffin either. She's been doing Daphne's voice since 2000 after her dear friend Mary Kay Bergman, also her predecessor, tragically committed suicide. Kate Micucci has so far been quiet about not voicing Velma in this movie, but of course she must've been shocked and upset to hear that Gina Rodriguez got the job instead.

I'm wondering if Warner Bros. wants to go back to having big time celebrities do the voices of their characters after the box-office performance of Teen Titans Go! To The Movies, which mainly consisted of veteran voice-actors. A film grossing $52 million worldwide against a small budget of $10 million is not a flop, but I'm pretty sure they were expecting it to make a lot more. I remember articles that said fans weren't too pleased that the cast of the Ninjago TV series weren't asked to The LEGO Ninjago Movie. That film didn't get great reviews, but having the original voice cast might've helped.

Last edited by ranger_scout; April 28th, 2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:19 PM #80
> KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

KRDK
Nobody's Perfect

WB took what was going to be a fantastic idea and turned it on its head. One of my favorite obscure characters, Captain Caveman, is going to be in it but that isn't enough for me to forgive them for doing Matthew, Grey and even Welker (by replacing him as Fred) dirty. I would have forgiven them if they had the decency to tell them or have Frank break the bad news to them. Grey and Matthew are who the newer fans associate with Daph and Shaggy. Frank has always been Fred for close to 50 years. For shame WB, for shame.