Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2017, 05:09 PM #41
Xenotome's Avatar
> Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,420
Xenotome
🐈#1 Cats Stan Account🐈
Xenotome's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 30,420



IT'S TIME...
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2017, 05:15 PM #42
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059



Trailer definitely looks fun. Though didn't see Dacre yet, I'm curious as to his character. But yeah, liking the trailer S2 should be interesting.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2017, 07:21 PM #43
taiko554's Avatar
> taiko554
Pseudo-Reformed Lurker...
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,065
taiko554
Pseudo-Reformed Lurker...
taiko554's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,065



Dacre's there for a split second, showcasing some lucious, long, blonde locks and spewing beer. Around 2:08.

The trailer looks great. I'm super excited to be unnerved and creeped out, which is not something I say lightly. I loved the choice of 'Thriller' being used. And man, Will's actor can act. We didn't really see much of him at all in S1, but just for a few seconds with him tearing up about what he saw/felt is really impressive.
taiko554 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:18 AM #44
Dexter1998's Avatar
> Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,413
Dexter1998
SasoriOrange
Dexter1998's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,413



New look to Dacre in S02.



http://ew.com/tv/stranger-things-2-cast-photos-netflix/
Dexter1998 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:57 AM #45
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,321
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,321



Holy mullet!
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 05:44 PM #46
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059



The 2nd Evil wrote: View Post

Holy mullet!
Hah! Not even the red ranger helmet can cover that thing! Or would it be, "Business in the front, Power Ranger in the back?"
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 06:07 PM #47
> ⚡Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,187
eBay
Lord Buttus
Mod of Destruction
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,187
eBay



Dacre going from Red Ranger to Denim Ranger
Lord Buttus is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 06:19 PM #48
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059



Lord Buttus wrote: View Post

Dacre going from Red Ranger to Denim Ranger
He saw how people loved RJ as Billy, so figured if he wore enough blue it might do the same thing?
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 07:58 PM #49
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,321
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,321



I'm finding myself hoping Dacre's character is a bit of an ass, because there's a bit from the It movie in which Finn Wolfhard's character says something that would make the perfect reaction to it.
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2017, 10:05 PM #50
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059



Hey, just saw this checking out the Target ad for this week. Target is exclusively getting a blu ray release for S1 of Stranger Things.
https://www.target.com/p/stranger-th...d/-/A-52823816

It comes in a case all designed to look like an old VHS tape, and also comes with a collectible poster. Can't find anything about whether or not it has special features, but given their Marvel releases and such, likely no. Which makes the 24.99 price tag pretty much a rip off in my opinion. For 8 episodes and likely no special features on this show of all things? I still don't get what Netflix has against special features. Not every release of theirs doesn't include them, but basically all the ones I've been interested in seem to be. Yet the upcoming release for Trollhunters S1 next month has already said to have bonus features so like...seriously?

Anyway despite that it's still tempting, and since I'll be heading to Target for Spider-Man Homecoming I'll check it out at least.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2017, 07:22 AM #51
megagao's Avatar
> megagao
VIP Rider
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,012
8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider
megagao's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7,012
8 eBay



Alitain wrote: View Post

Hey, just saw this checking out the Target ad for this week. Target is exclusively getting a blu ray release for S1 of Stranger Things.
https://www.target.com/p/stranger-th...d/-/A-52823816

It comes in a case all designed to look like an old VHS tape, and also comes with a collectible poster. Can't find anything about whether or not it has special features, but given their Marvel releases and such, likely no. Which makes the 24.99 price tag pretty much a rip off in my opinion. For 8 episodes and likely no special features on this show of all things? I still don't get what Netflix has against special features. Not every release of theirs doesn't include them, but basically all the ones I've been interested in seem to be. Yet the upcoming release for Trollhunters S1 next month has already said to have bonus features so like...seriously?

Anyway despite that it's still tempting, and since I'll be heading to Target for Spider-Man Homecoming I'll check it out at least.


no release to date from netflix on some physical media has any kind of bonus features. unless someone can correct me. it seems they may have changed their mind with Trollhunters, maybe they see its worth it with that release and moving forward?
but yea i feel your frustration. netflix has some nerve to be charging an arm and a leg for their dvd/bluray releases and offer no compensation for paying so much. i mean the shows are still on their service, so they are still getting paid for it. noticed that netflix has been very greedy, almost like disney.

also i find it strange that target never promoted their collectors edition release for season 1. this is probably what? the first time netflix has released a series of theirs this fast? or am i wrong? i feel like we've had to wait longer for any other show to be released on some sort of physical media from netflix.
but i ordered mine yesterday and will be receiving it friday. :-)

Last edited by megagao; October 18th, 2017 at 07:30 AM.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:33 AM #52
toejammer's Avatar
> toejammer
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,270
toejammer
Power Ranger
toejammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,270



Just finished binging this and boy oh boy did i love it. I liked the first season but out of the two i prefer this one.
I like the way the story flowed and connected together.
Even the lighting and tone of the series felt more vibrant and lighter which I preferred.
I wont write a long winded review but these are A few of my main thoughts



Was i the only one who found it sort of creepy that Jim had Eleven basically locked up in a cabin in the woods sort of against her will. Obviously for her safety but still. Comes across so wierd

I liked that Eleven got her own adventure and didnt instantly reunite with the boys.
Around episode 5 i was thinking why did we see eight/kali at the start and not since but then an episode later she turnt up and i loved the connection. It didnt hit me on first sight that she was the young girl until eleven explained the vision sequence to becky.
I loved kalis abilities. Inflicting dreamstates/fear into others. I wonder if theres anyone else from the institute that is also still alive.
She didnt have much time but im sure kali will be back in season three

I feel mike had the less story impact and screen time compared to the other boys. Maybe a conflict of schedules whilst he was filming IT?

Ahhh and Dacre. Loved seeing him on screen. I started to imagine him in some older films like the warriors or the outsiders. Hoping he returns again for next season.

Oh and RIP Bob. I thought he was gonna be annoying as hell but he actually grew on me alot.
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 07:57 AM #53
The Plastic Ranger's Avatar
> The Plastic Ranger
! Rejoice !
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,440
The Plastic Ranger
! Rejoice !
The Plastic Ranger's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,440



It's funny, I personally hated every second of L's time with her "sister".
Personally I felt it took too much away from the main story and didn't add anything in return. Personally it should have been a part of Season 3 -- L looking for the other people who were experimented on.

I was fine with L finding mama. She deserved that much.

Minus Red Ranger giving pretty boy a rival, I didn't see a real reason for him being the asshole brother he was. He never got redemption, I thought for sure he'd save his step-sister from a demodog and get some sort of redemption.
No, he just got drugged and almost got his buts busted by a bat.

While I did like the addition of Max, I really thought her elite skills in dig-dug would somehow be used to take down the vast tunnels underground. I was sure there was a reason for them to do that. Guess not. Good character, sucks Mike still didn't respect her at the end. Well we never saw Mike officially welcome her to the group.

I'm let down that we never saw the big bad. We just saw his shadow form from Upside Down and his shadow when L was closing the gate. But overall it was a cool bad guy. I especially liked how he used the boy as a Spy. The group having to knock the boy out and then try to not expose their location was a nice touch.

Bob was a short-term character. I could see it everywhere. The whole season was about people starting off with people and ending up with someone else.
The teenage girl ends up with another boy, the mom ends up with the cop.
I could see a good parallel between Joyce and Bob and the teenagers,
especially when the girl couldn't tell the boy she loved him. Joyce cared for Bob, but did she really love him. No question mark because it's rhetorical.
Bob went out as a hero though.

And somehow the Doctor got redemption in like one episode. He went from lousy stooge doctor to hard working wanting to save the kid doctor. And then he helped the others get out and was helping Bob before utterly dooming him with the line 'it's pretty clear from here on out' or 'you can make it out now' or some line.

Lots of things tied up. Lab shut down, Barb officially announced dead, gate closed. Season 3 will have to be a different season with brand new stuff.
I think it'd be good if half of it was Hopper and L looking for the other experiments. And maybe make the bad guy in S3 be a human this time,
not a monster.
The Plastic Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 10:45 AM #54
toejammer's Avatar
> toejammer
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,270
toejammer
Power Ranger
toejammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,270



The Plastic Ranger wrote: View Post

It's funny, I personally hated every second of L's time with her "sister".
Personally I felt it took too much away from the main story and didn't add anything in return. Personally it should have been a part of Season 3 -- L looking for the other people who were experimented on.

I was fine with L finding mama. She deserved that much.

Minus Red Ranger giving pretty boy a rival, I didn't see a real reason for him being the asshole brother he was. He never got redemption, I thought for sure he'd save his step-sister from a demodog and get some sort of redemption.
No, he just got drugged and almost got his buts busted by a bat.


when i went on the reddit it seems alot of people had a problem with the kali episode (episode 7 i think it was). I dont think it was a major issue. It helped L sort of channel her ability abit more as we saw in the finale, whilst also alerting her that brenner is still alive who she will eventually track down.

As for Dacre being an asshole brother it was due to the onslaught he would get from the dad like we saw when he roughed him up. Even Susan looked scared. I was always wondering why he said "you know what will happen " to max and then that scene added it all up for me.
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 11:28 AM #55
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
> Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,383
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!
Cameron Samurai's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,383



There's a Sesame Street parody coming

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...ings-2-parody/
Cameron Samurai is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 08:48 PM #56
RockyDeSantos's Avatar
> RockyDeSantos
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 589
RockyDeSantos
Power Ranger
RockyDeSantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 589



toejammer wrote: View Post




Was i the only one who found it sort of creepy that Jim had Eleven basically locked up in a cabin in the woods sort of against her will. Obviously for her safety but still. Comes across so wierd

I liked that Eleven got her own adventure and didnt instantly reunite with the boys.
Around episode 5 i was thinking why did we see eight/kali at the start and not since but then an episode later she turnt up and i loved the connection. It didnt hit me on first sight that she was the young girl until eleven explained the vision sequence to becky.
I loved kalis abilities. Inflicting dreamstates/fear into others. I wonder if theres anyone else from the institute that is also still alive.
She didnt have much time but im sure kali will be back in season three

I feel mike had the less story impact and screen time compared to the other boys. Maybe a conflict of schedules whilst he was filming IT?

Ahhh and Dacre. Loved seeing him on screen. I started to imagine him in some older films like the warriors or the outsiders. Hoping he returns again for next season.

Oh and RIP Bob. I thought he was gonna be annoying as hell but he actually grew on me alot.
Yeah Mike definitely had less screen time/story this season. I felt like The Duffer Bros did this on purpose since Mike was such a big presence in season 1. They definitely gave Lucas, Dustin, and especially Will more time this season.
RockyDeSantos is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2017, 09:59 PM #57
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
> The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,321
The 2nd Evil
Where Is Your Santa, Now?
The 2nd Evil's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,321



The Beyond Stranger Things aftershow the Netflix also put up was chock full of interesting tidbits including:

A very, very early outline had Will being completely being taken over by Mind Flayer by episode four and what became Bob giving Will the speech about confronting his nightmares was originally Will killing Bob
The 2nd Evil is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:29 AM #58
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059



The Plastic Ranger wrote: View Post

It's funny, I personally hated every second of L's time with her "sister".
Personally I felt it took too much away from the main story and didn't add anything in return. Personally it should have been a part of Season 3 -- L looking for the other people who were experimented on.

I was fine with L finding mama. She deserved that much.

Minus Red Ranger giving pretty boy a rival, I didn't see a real reason for him being the asshole brother he was. He never got redemption, I thought for sure he'd save his step-sister from a demodog and get some sort of redemption.
No, he just got drugged and almost got his buts busted by a bat.

While I did like the addition of Max, I really thought her elite skills in dig-dug would somehow be used to take down the vast tunnels underground. I was sure there was a reason for them to do that. Guess not. Good character, sucks Mike still didn't respect her at the end. Well we never saw Mike officially welcome her to the group.

I'm let down that we never saw the big bad. We just saw his shadow form from Upside Down and his shadow when L was closing the gate. But overall it was a cool bad guy. I especially liked how he used the boy as a Spy. The group having to knock the boy out and then try to not expose their location was a nice touch.

Bob was a short-term character. I could see it everywhere. The whole season was about people starting off with people and ending up with someone else.
The teenage girl ends up with another boy, the mom ends up with the cop.
I could see a good parallel between Joyce and Bob and the teenagers,
especially when the girl couldn't tell the boy she loved him. Joyce cared for Bob, but did she really love him. No question mark because it's rhetorical.
Bob went out as a hero though.

And somehow the Doctor got redemption in like one episode. He went from lousy stooge doctor to hard working wanting to save the kid doctor. And then he helped the others get out and was helping Bob before utterly dooming him with the line 'it's pretty clear from here on out' or 'you can make it out now' or some line.

Lots of things tied up. Lab shut down, Barb officially announced dead, gate closed. Season 3 will have to be a different season with brand new stuff.
I think it'd be good if half of it was Hopper and L looking for the other experiments. And maybe make the bad guy in S3 be a human this time,
not a monster.
S2 was definitely fun. Oh yeah, and I think it's safe to say the Denim Ranger draws his powers from Douchebaggery instead of the T-rex, hehe. Yeah I gotta check out the After Show episodes, I ended up late watching the series so couldn't jump into them but I plan to hopefully soon it looks like it could be fun, and I enjoy learning behind the scenes stuff especially on shows/movies I like.

As for Dacre's Bill, not every jerk character needs to turn around and have a redemption story. He's an ass, likely mostly because of his abusive father. Also it helps build Max who's meant to be more of the "main" star in terms of new characters. And don't forget we have S3. Honestly my thought is that Bill will maybe become controlled or somehow an agent for the Mind Flayer next season. Or whatever new D&D Monster they decide to use as a representative.

While I didn't dislike the Kali episode, it still felt a bit disconnected. But much like I said with Bill above, they're telling a story and so there are elements that may not make total sense now but will later. This way we could have Kali show up in town next season to throw a wrench into things or something, who knows. But we'll have had her introduced and history built with Elle already. It did feel a little weird, and overall while it was bad I admit I kept wondering if she'd ever even get back with the other kids as the season went on.

I do wonder how Mike will take Max's inclusion, cause yeah the last time we saw them he wasn't thrilled about her but much of that stemmed from thinking of her like a replacement for Elle which wouldn't happen. Now that she's back that could easily change. I like to think Max proved herself with the confrontation again Bill and driving them to the hole, we just don't really get a scene addressing it. Elle on the other hand, I kind of laughed when she ignored Max's hand and went straight for Mike.

It will be curious to see if there's any issues between the two girls as well come S3. It doesn't really feel like their should be since Elle was jealous cause she thought Max was getting close to Mike when that isn't the case, but who knows.

And that reminds me! When Max brought up being a Zoomer, did anyone else have an unpleasant thought back to NSt and the Zoom zord or was it just me?


toejammer wrote: View Post


Was i the only one who found it sort of creepy that Jim had Eleven basically locked up in a cabin in the woods sort of against her will. Obviously for her safety but still. Comes across so wierd
Eh, I didn't find it creepy at all. Nothing about Hopper's behavior came across as creepy. Overprotective sure, but that was the point which is why Elle took off like she did. But not creepy. Yeah he kept convincing her it wasn't safe, not even to go see Mike, but he wasn't wrong either. What I found a little creepy was Elle's flashes of killing a squirrel and then killing a random hunter with it that came upon her. Not real(unless I got that all wrong, in which case really creepy), but still a bit creepy.

I actually enjoyed the fight they had. Hopper trying to be the dad and the first part of the punishment was taking away the Eggos, THEN the TV. That was funny. But you see they both trust and care about each other which is really nice. Makes me wonder though, I admit not remembering the finer details of S1, but I don't think Hopper ever talked about having a daughter did he? And while he says she was a victim of the 'black hole' that he referred to himself as, it doesn't necessarily mean she's dead or maybe I'm looking at it wrong. So maybe we'll see Hopper's long lost daughter show up in the future?

Oh, forgot to mention that yeah while he was a total douche Dacre was so much fun in the role, he did great. And man the "seduction" scene of Mike's mom was just so ridiculous especially with Bill having his shirt open like that...oh man. And yeah sadly I assumed Bob would die too. Though I enjoyed him from the start, but yeah he was too nice of a guy it just made the most sense he'd eventually bite it. Was still sad to see him go though, especially right as he thought he made it, ouch. Sean Astin is always fun.

I admit, part of me thought with the way things were going with Will and all, that the season would end with Janice taking the family with Bob to Maine, get the hell out of dodge. I didn't think it'd really happen, but the idea was there for me as a possibility. I will say one thing though, I hope S3 doesn't find a new way to make Will a victim again. Cause right now his character is just Victim Boy to me, and sadly he doesn't come across as having as much of a character as the other kids because of it. S1 he spent trapped in the Upside Down, this season he spent coming under the control of the Mind Flayer, it'd be nice to have him actually THERE in S3, showing what he's got. Instead of being just a tool to use.

He's sort of like Doug in the Hangover movies. First movie is much like S1 Will, he's lost somewhere and the guys have to find him. Movie 2 while it's someone else who's lost, he's still relegated to the background since he's not involved in the hijinks. And then movie 3 he's just there a little. So yeah, makes me kind of worried with S3 that they'll find some new way to use Will or do something to where he essentially is a tool for the story and not really a character, and it's all the other kids that are really the characters of the story. But we'll see, never know.

Last edited by Alitain; October 29th, 2017 at 09:29 AM.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 02:58 AM #59
Lightsaberboy's Avatar
> Lightsaberboy
COME ON!
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,138
Lightsaberboy
COME ON!
Lightsaberboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,138



Alitain wrote: View Post



Eh, I didn't find it creepy at all. Nothing about Hopper's behavior came across as creepy. Overprotective sure, but that was the point which is why Elle took off like she did. But not creepy. Yeah he kept convincing her it wasn't safe, not even to go see Mike, but he wasn't wrong either. What I found a little creepy was Elle's flashes of killing a squirrel and then killing a random hunter with it that came upon her. Not real(unless I got that all wrong, in which case really creepy), but still a bit creepy.

.
pretty sure that actually happened. those were flashbacks to when she escaped upside-down world and was trying to survive on her own before hopper found her. what i wonder is how did hopper know to use eggos will draw her in? i guess it was just like fishing, he would throw out something hoping she was around and she caught it XD

billy was alright. it seemed like he and steve were competing for the best hair. Also i think he might have the hots for Steve... >_> XD

I liked episode 7 although i could see why a lot of people hated it, as it felt like El literally took a bus to another show. it broke up the pacing but really built on her character and gave millie a lot of good material to work with. definitely a setup for season 3 with the kids, possibly more, and seeing if brenner truly is alive or not
Lightsaberboy is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2017, 04:47 AM #60
Multiple Man's Avatar
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,650
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly
Multiple Man's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,650



Alitain wrote: View Post

Makes me wonder though, I admit not remembering the finer details of S1, but I don't think Hopper ever talked about having a daughter did he? And while he says she was a victim of the 'black hole' that he referred to himself as, it doesn't necessarily mean she's dead or maybe I'm looking at it wrong. So maybe we'll see Hopper's long lost daughter show up in the future?
You forgot some stuff.

Hopper's daughter is dead, suffered terminal illness, which we witnessed via flashback. It's implied that this is basically the reason he acts the way he does in early season one. He's lost purpose.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:03 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.