Home Menu

Menu

Old December 25th, 2015, 07:46 PM #81
> maritroniuity
Dangerous Zombabe

maritroniuity
Dangerous Zombabe

Jeez, it took longer for TVN's Megaranger subs to come out than it did the Doctor to punch through a wall.
maritroniuity is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 08:14 PM #82
> TimeCrimson
Once upon a TimeCrimson..

TimeCrimson

Wow, they finally finished.

I remember watching their Megaranger subs when I first saw Mega. Didn't finish it though.
TimeCrimson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 05:50 PM #83
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

B-kun wrote: View Post

Merry Christmas, RangerBoard! Imagination Station wishes to give you a gift: GoGoV VS Gingaman is out!
But, there are monsters in this universe, right?

Kidding, kidding - of course there is a lot of demonic activity.

More importantly, it's the first time any extra ranger/hero returned for a VS Special. Teruaki Ogawa's kind of a trendsetter that way - funny how he worked in some capacity with every team from Fiveman through GoGoV except Carranger.

momotroninja wrote: View Post

Jeez, it took longer for TVN's Megaranger subs to come out than it did the Doctor to punch through a wall.
They were still working on that?
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2015, 06:13 PM #84
> TimeCrimson

TimeCrimson

timegold wrote: View Post

But, there are monsters in this universe, right?

Kidding, kidding - of course there is a lot of demonic activity.

More importantly, it's the first time any extra ranger/hero returned for a VS Special. Teruaki Ogawa's kind of a trendsetter that way - funny how he worked in some capacity with every team from Fiveman through GoGoV except Carranger.
Really? The only teams I can think that he worked with are the Ohrangers, Megarangers, GoGoV-gers, Gokaigers and Ninningers. Again you've seen them all so you'd know better than me.

Man, Turboranger is so good. I'm 10 episodes in and I love it.
Old December 26th, 2015, 06:15 PM #85
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timecrimson wrote: View Post

Really? The only teams I can think that he worked with are the Ohrangers, Megarangers, GoGoV-gers, Gokaigers and Ninningers. Again you've seen them all so you'd know better than me.
I'm counting Super Sentai World for that bit of trivia. Granted, everyone there was voice-acted, so it's really just a technicality.
Old December 27th, 2015, 07:04 AM #86
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Not sure anyone around here knew but someone is subbing a "Great" ordeal: there is a small group doing Goggle V currently, including did a semi-Christmas episode starring Demon King Banriki! (no I'm not joking about this)

https://daisentaigogglevsubs.wordpress.com/ (the site)
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2015, 12:15 PM #87
> Champ
Lupin Red!

Champ
Lupin Red!

B-kun wrote: View Post

Merry Christmas, RangerBoard! Imagination Station wishes to give you a gift: GoGoV VS Gingaman is out!
Nice, I've seen that few time and I gotta say, that movie is so much better than "Trakeena's Revenge".
Champ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2015, 07:32 PM #88
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Just watched the Pokenchi with Yudai Chiba (Alata). Only interesting thing of note: his favorite Pokemon is Deino; but he also like Absol because "it's a Dark type...but it becomes like an angel with its Mega Evolution". (heh, next time I catch an Absol, definitely nicknaming it "Brajira")
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 11:45 AM #89
> The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

The Golden Witch
Bow Before Your Queen

Hey, just letting everyone know that the next batch of BFJ episodes will be ready by or during this next week, along with a special surprise!

Also, episode 6 of Battle Fever J was just amazing. My favorite BFJ so far, and one of my favorite filler Sentai episodes.
The Golden Witch is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:28 PM #90
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

Hey remember back in the old thread I was going to watch & talk about Dekaranger? No? Good because I decided to watch a different Sentai.....For some reason. I really don't know why but I just didn't want to watch Dekaranger after 1 episode. Maybe because I just don't feel like it or maybe I just wanted to go into a different Sentai away from that era (I assume that Deka was done by the same guy from Gao-Aba). Either way I'm sorry perhaps I'll get back to Deka later this year but instead I'll be digging into a different sentai:

Tensou Sentai Goseiger
Ep 1

Ah yes Goseiger The Sentai that everyone love~......Yeah I'm well aware that this isn't a very good Sentai (or at least I think it is?) but given my track record of liking stuff that everybody hates why wouldn't my interest be peaked into a flawed series like this?

Anyway we seem to be off to a decent start to the season. Not as bizarre as Abaranger nor as depressing as Liveman but hey not all of them can stand out. I like that our team aren't from Earth (probably a first for Sentai but I can be wrong), Our Red Alata has some decent focus & probably a character arc in the future, the premise is simple, The suits are nice, Villain designs are ok, & it's overall just fine.
DJ1107 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:40 PM #91
> TimeCrimson

TimeCrimson

DJ1107 wrote: View Post

Ah yes Goseiger The Sentai that everyone love~......Yeah I'm well aware that this isn't a very good Sentai (or at least I think it is?) but given my track record of liking stuff that everybody hates why wouldn't my interest be peaked into a flawed series like this?
I feel like Goseiger's reception is mixed in the fanbase. I know people who loved it, people who thought it was mediocre, and people who thought it was bad.

But from the first five episodes I saw back in 2010, I thought it was better than Shinkenger(which I find pretty overrated, it will always have a spot in my heart as my first sentai however, but sometimes I felt it was kinda boring. It's still a good sentai with a great cast).

Yeah, if someone asked me what three sentai meant the most to me, it's easily Go-Onger, Shinkenger and Goseiger. I still remember those three being unveiled over 6 years ago and further, and even if I didn't see two of those series, whenever I see something related to that it brings back some memories.
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:43 PM #92
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

momotroninja wrote: View Post

Personal lives, school, ect., there is no excuse for taking almost ten years to sub a show that was completely available.

That was a load of horse shit.
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:47 PM #93
> AshiusX
Inoue-ist

AshiusX
Inoue-ist

And I can't still believe Timeranger hasn't been subbed yet.

You would think with how popular Timeforce is. Someone would get it done.
AshiusX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:47 PM #94
> MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

MerCurryMeme
Fear/Pain

Goseiger is my happy place. I came in wanting to hate it and did for the first few episodes. Then I sort of fell in love with the poor thing.

In all scenarios, I SHOULD loathe it, but I don't. The season DOES make miracles happen.
MerCurryMeme is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:50 PM #95
> ⚡Taichi
Agumon... SHINKA!

32 eBay
Taichi
Agumon... SHINKA!

32 eBay

I'm in that group that absolutely loves Goseiger. In fact, I'm also one that considers Gokaiger one of the worst. If it didn't have the Anniversary factor behind it, Gokaiger is even below Shinkenger. I don't get why people love the characters so much, Marvelous especially... I didn't find really one thing about any of the core that I "liked". People saying they want a Marvelous style red for Zyuohger, why? Gai on the other hand was fun, but he more reflected who "we" are. Just my opinion.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 04:56 PM #96
> HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

Kaigan wrote: View Post

Personal lives, school, ect., there is no excuse for taking almost ten years to sub a show that was completely available.

To be fair, subbing takes quite a while, and TV-Nihon has quite a lot of active projects with less main staff than Overtime. You try getting out as much content a week as they do.

Ashiusx wrote: View Post

And I can't still believe Timeranger hasn't been subbed yet.

You would think with how popular Timeforce is. Someone would get it done.
I do believe Overtime's actually translated it all, but releases are delayed by some encoding problems which I don't understand at all.
HowlingSnail is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 05:22 PM #97
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

Kaigan wrote: View Post

To think, they've completed only two past Sentai in that time period, and dropped a couple others... maybe they should've focused their priorities better. Especially when they're quietly correcting their own old subs... on only a few shows.
Old January 1st, 2016, 06:17 PM #98
> TimeCrimson

TimeCrimson

Taichi wrote: View Post

I'm in that group that absolutely loves Goseiger. In fact, I'm also one that considers Gokaiger one of the worst. If it didn't have the Anniversary factor behind it, Gokaiger is even below Shinkenger. I don't get why people love the characters so much, Marvelous especially... I didn't find really one thing about any of the core that I "liked". People saying they want a Marvelous style red for Zyuohger, why? Gai on the other hand was fun, but he more reflected who "we" are. Just my opinion.
I also am kinda in that boat with Gokaiger. I do admit that I thought it was a good sentai, with some great moments and awesome tributes to the past, and Basco was a great villain. I'm not making fun of anyone's opinion here but I don't really understand how so many people say it's their favorite. It's good and all, but it literally revolves around past SS, and if you strip that(and or replace it with a more generic treasure), there isn't really a plot/basically a kinda different Boukenger. And I didn't like the villains at all besides that Carranger episode and Basco.

I thought Marvelous was a good red. I think Ryota Ozawa played him perfectly as a snarky pirate captain who learns to care more about his crewmates and becomes into a justice loving red. He's definitely not my favorite(or in my favorites), but he did have some good moments I liked. I thought the cast was actually pretty good, with how they acted/played their characters(and the suit actors were also fantastic, especially Yasuhiro Takeuichi and Mizuho Nogawa, Green and Pink). I also loved Luka like everyone else, so yeah.

I think it's overrated to be honest now thinking about it, but I don't hate it.

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

I do believe Overtime's actually translated it all, but releases are delayed by some encoding problems which I don't understand at all.
Yeah, I don't understand that either. I heard it's a problem with the Raw or something, or I just heard that it won't encode. I'd like to reach out to them to see if they need any help however.
Old January 1st, 2016, 06:35 PM #99
> DJ1107
Banned

DJ1107
Banned

Goseiger ep 2

More of the ground work for this season is layed out such as introductions to our other supporting characters, A supposed rivalry between Alata & The Warstars General Dereputa, The team making sure that what they do is secret (not sure why considering the Past 34 years......That was a joke), & That The Blue Ranger Hyde seems to be the most determined of the group......Probably because he's got no one from his "Seaick group" to talk too.....I wonder why he's the only one of the team to not have a buddy? (Yes I know about GoseiGreen).

We're introduced to this seasons mecha Gosei Great which I.....Have mixed feelings on it's designs. Outline wise it fine & the overall esthetic is nice but the thing that kills it for me are those eyesore pegs litttered all over it. I know Super Sentai has a knack for being a giant toy commercial but even then most seasons aren't as horribly blatant as this. There's some subtly in other mecha designs like Engine-Oh or Daibouken. Not so much on Gosei Great.
DJ1107 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2016, 06:42 PM #100
> Kaigan
Banned

Kaigan
Banned

All I know is that I want a non-goofy red this year. I loved Right and all but fuck man, I'm tired of the over-the-top goofy reds.
Kaigan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
a 40 year toy commercial, debating over spandex, destroyallchildren, liveman why have you?, nokidsallowed, thebestsentaithread, theoptimalsentaithread, xistheobjectlygoodsentai