Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2014, 12:01 AM #61
Primal Slayer's Avatar
> Primal Slayer
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,050
Primal Slayer
Power Ranger
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,050



I am happy and scared all at the same time. Happy that this is getting a chance to get developed but scared that it will be on CBS which is one of the hardest stations to air on, it will need some serious high ratings just to survive. I hope if it doesnt DC/WB doesnt use this as an excuse to develop less female superhero shows.
Primal Slayer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 02:04 AM #62
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,804
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,804



Primal Slayer wrote: View Post

I hope if it doesnt DC/WB doesnt use this as an excuse to develop less female superhero shows.
Less than the one they're currently developing?
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 12:11 PM #63
NexusFX's Avatar
> NexusFX
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
NexusFX
Power Ranger
NexusFX's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10



as long as they take their lead from what arrow is doing they will be on the right track.
NexusFX is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:29 PM #64
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,411
Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,411



Er.. in what way? Because Supergirl as a gritty street-level crime drama is just... no. No thank you. Nope.
Miraculous Bikkun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:36 PM #65
DukeNukem 2417's Avatar
> DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,941
DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger
DukeNukem 2417's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,941



NexusFX wrote: View Post

as long as they take their lead from what arrow is doing they will be on the right track.
......no. Just.....no.

Character-wise, Supergirl is as far from Arrow as you can possibly get. If ANY DC Series needed lighthearted stuff, a bit of goofiness and some surreal sci-fi, it's Supergirl. Calling her "the Cape" (or "The Skirt"), just like Green Arrow was "the Hood" for the first few seasons, would be STUPID....
DukeNukem 2417 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:45 PM #66
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,411
Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,411



The Flash is embracing superpowers and costumes while also calling Barry The Flash from the beginning, so.. yeah, it's not like this guy has a single uniform style. Shit, they seem to be building up to Ollie being more and more like his comic self.
Miraculous Bikkun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:47 PM #67
DukeNukem 2417's Avatar
> DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,941
DukeNukem 2417
Power Ranger
DukeNukem 2417's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,941



B-kun wrote: View Post

The Flash is embracing superpowers and costumes while also calling Barry The Flash from the beginning, so.. yeah, it's not like this guy has a single uniform style. Shit, they seem to be building up to Ollie being more and more like his comic self.
VERY good point.

Note to whoever's in charge of the Supergirl TV series (WHY is it that I always type "the" as "teh", at first, and have to MANUALLY correct myself?! ENGH!): Take cues from The Flash, and don't be afraid to embrace costumes, comedy and the comic-book roots of the character. Some characters ARE NOT MEANT to go "grim and gritty"......
DukeNukem 2417 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 02:05 PM #68
Virus's Avatar
> Virus
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,303
Virus
Power Ranger
Virus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,303



DukeNukem 2417 wrote: View Post

Some characters ARE NOT MEANT to go "grim and gritty"......
Someone tell DC that
Virus is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2014, 07:50 PM #69
RickyTang's Avatar
> RickyTang
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 371
RickyTang
Power Ranger
RickyTang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 371



David Rapaport Casting is handling the casting for Supergirl. They're the same agency responsible for the casting on Arrow and Flash.

RickyTang is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 03:04 AM #70
MoonsKnight's Avatar
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 19,140
MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual
MoonsKnight's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 19,140



B-kun wrote: View Post

The Flash is embracing superpowers and costumes while also calling Barry The Flash from the beginning, so.. yeah, it's not like this guy has a single uniform style. Shit, they seem to be building up to Ollie being more and more like his comic self.
Well technically in-show, Barry isn't "The Flash" just yet, despite referring to himself that way in the opening narration and hinting at the name in the most recent episode. He's still known just as "the streak" at the moment, and even then, he's mostly just kind of a rumor on the internet.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 03:11 AM #71
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
> Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,411
Miraculous Bikkun
Reporting for duty!
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,411



Shh... I wrote that before this whole "the streak" nonsense started.

Please get this over with quickly, show. This whole "call the hero everything except his actual name" thing got old back in Smallville.
Miraculous Bikkun is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:09 AM #72
MoonsKnight's Avatar
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 19,140
MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual
MoonsKnight's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 19,140



CBS is a good place for the show to air because at the very least, it's got a pretty good chance of at least making it to about 18 episodes. CBS isn't generally quite as quick to pull the plug on new shows, and if they do, they still tend to at least make it well into the double digits.

They're likely also sure that they can probably coast on the successes of other DC properties. I think Supergirl has a good chance of getting at least one full season on CBS.

B-kun wrote: View Post

Shh... I wrote that before this whole "the streak" nonsense started.

Please get this over with quickly, show. This whole "call the hero everything except his actual name" thing got old back in Smallville.
I'm almost positive he'll by going by The Flash by the end of the first season.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:25 AM #73
GalaxyRed's Avatar
> GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,623
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin
GalaxyRed's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,623



MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

I'm almost positive he'll by going by The Flash by the end of the first season.
It may be earlier than that. One of the upcoming episodes before break is called "The Flash is Born".
GalaxyRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:30 AM #74
Psycho-Red's Avatar
> Psycho-Red
Dragon Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 25
eBay
Psycho-Red
Dragon Ranger
Psycho-Red's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 25
eBay



So far so good with the Flash and Arrow Series. If they can do what they did with Smallville, they are definitely going to have a series of great shows with long time broadcasting. So pumped for all the new shows to come!
Psycho-Red is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 08:53 AM #75
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761
PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761



Psycho-Red wrote: View Post

If they can do what they did with Smallville,
Suck the joy and hope and potential out of a good idea while turning it into a long drawn out actionless angst-fest?

No spank you.
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 10:47 AM #76
MoonsKnight's Avatar
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 19,140
MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual
MoonsKnight's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 19,140



GalaxyRed wrote: View Post

It may be earlier than that. One of the upcoming episodes before break is called "The Flash is Born".
I've seen that, but I'm not jumping the gun yet because I know they love to be intentionally misleading. It could mean a number of things.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM #77
Underground Blue's Avatar
> Underground Blue
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,713
Underground Blue
Power Ranger
Underground Blue's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,713



Meet CBS' Supergirl (and Her Sister)

Kara Zor-El aka Kara Danvers - The show is eyeing Caucasian females, age 22 to 26, to play 24. As the series’ mythology goes, Kara at age 12 was sent from her dying home planet of Krypton to Earth, where she was taken in by the Danvers, a foster family who taught her to be careful with her extraordinary powers. After repressing said skills for more than a decade, Kara is forced to bust out her super moves in public during an unexpected disaster. Energized by her heroism for the first time in her life, she begins embracing her abilities in the name of helping the people of her city, earning herself a super moniker along the way.

Alexandra “Alex” Danvers - 26-year-old and Kara’s gorgeous, brilliant, science-minded foster sister. Growing up, Alex was partly jealous of her sibling yet also fascinated by her abilities, prompting Alex to learn as much as she could about alien anthropology, sociology and culture. Today, Alex works for a secret government organization and, alongside her heroic sis, will face many challenges, both mundane and super.

The Supergirl pilot was penned by Ali Adler (No Ordinary Family) and Greg Berlanti (Arrow), both of whom will exec-produce alongside Sarah Schechter (of Berlanti Productions) and Warner Bros. TV.
Source: TVLine
Underground Blue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 11:23 AM #78
Pixelated Prophet's Avatar
> Pixelated Prophet
.....
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 561
Pixelated Prophet
.....
Pixelated Prophet's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 561



Any reason they cant get Laura Vandervoort back to play kara?
Pixelated Prophet is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 11:24 AM #79
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
> PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761
PedroMcNamara
Power Ranger
PedroMcNamara's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,761



DeathRyuger wrote: View Post

Any reason they cant get Laura Vandervoort back to play kara?
Smallville lived and died. Let it go.
PedroMcNamara is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2014, 11:25 AM #80
Underground Blue's Avatar
> Underground Blue
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,713
Underground Blue
Power Ranger
Underground Blue's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,713



DeathRyuger wrote: View Post

Any reason they cant get Laura Vandervoort back to play kara?
1. Agree with Pedro.
2. With respect to Laura, she doesn't fit the age range the casting is looking for.
3. The creators seem to want to tell a different story.
4. It seems like Laura's version of Kara has been already established.
Underground Blue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.