Menu

Old January 23rd, 2016, 08:19 AM #121
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

Itís time to Ranger Up with @trekkieb47 @secretrangerfan & @TheCinemaSlob as they talk all things Power Rangers on the Four Eyed Radio Network with RANGER COMMAND POWER HOUR!

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-060/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph060/

Two years! Yup, Ranger Command Power Hour is celebrating our 2nd anniversary! We are joined by Chris, Jordan and Tom from the soon ending Talkin' Toku podcast, Mere of The Power Scoop and Lee aka DJ Monkie Ranger! We all talk about ours and your favorite moments of the show (with clips), hear shout outs from some awesome listeners, and discuss the news.

SO MUCH NEWS, including: the announcement of Power Rangers Ninja Steel, Rick Medina Jr. arrested, Dino Super Charge trailer released, Bandai UK Magazine scans, the Shout! Factory streaming of Zyuranger, Boom Studios' launch of Power Rangers #0 and Eric meeting Yoshi at the premiere of Business Unusual in Chicago!

Finally, we announce the winners of the 2nd RCPH Anniversary contest and a special preview of next Saturday's episode. A special type of episode never attempted on other Power Rangers podcasts.

Thanks to EVERYONE for listening to our show. Here's to the future!
trekkieb47 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 12:18 PM #122
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Happy 2 year anniversary to Ranger Command Power Hour. Looking back over these two years, the podcast certainly has grown and I can't wait to see how the next years are going to be as well. Congrats
NightMere10 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 02:28 PM #123
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

NightMere10 wrote: View Post

Happy 2 year anniversary to Ranger Command Power Hour. Looking back over these two years, the podcast certainly has grown and I can't wait to see how the next years are going to be as well. Congrats
Thank you so much Mere. Indeed, today is the exact 2 year anniversary of the podcast.

This coming weekend is a special multi-part episode with a new concept never done before by a Power Rangers podcast.
Old January 30th, 2016, 08:41 AM #124
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

Itís time to Ranger Up with @trekkieb47 @secretrangerfan & @TheCinemaSlob as they talk all things Power Rangers on the Four Eyed Radio Network with RANGER COMMAND POWER HOUR!

In January's extra episode, brought to you by our supporters on Patreon, we dive in with special co-host Doug (@dougwatchin) to bring you, Power Rangers: Survivor.

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...a-episode-013/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcphex013/

What happens when you take 18 Power Rangers and put them on a fantasy season of Survivor? A fascinating character study that collides two fandoms: Survivor and Power Rangers!

In Part One of this unique podcast, we run through a fantasy season of Survivor with 18 former Power Rangers. We talk about what location is picked, casting a Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty season and run through the first 5 episodes of Power Rangers Survivor.

The Tribe has Spoken.

Part Two will release tomorrow, 1/31!
Old January 30th, 2016, 12:34 PM #125
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

This is a really cool idea and something I haven't seen/heard any other podcast do before. What i liked the most was that you and Doug both have really gotten a good idea of the characters' personalities and why they would or wouldn't be good not only in the game over all, but for the challenges. Mashing these two fandoms together is a unique feat and I can't wait for part 2.

I think I'm going to watch the Survivor season this is based off of now. I think for part 2, I'll at least watch the challenges in the episodes to get a good idea of how the Rangers would do.

(Also, I know it would've been asking you to do a lot, but I think it would've also been a nice touch if you had some audio clips from the Rangers from episodes in here as well

EDIT - Not throughout the whole thing, but as a "final line" before they "left the show").

Last edited by NightMere10; January 30th, 2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old January 31st, 2016, 09:06 AM #126
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

In PART TWO of January's extra episode, brought to you by our supporters on Patreon, we continue our fantasy Power Rangers Survivor season with special co-host Doug (@dougwatchin)!

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...de-013-part-2/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcphex013_2/

What happens when you take 18 Power Rangers and put them on a fantasy season of Survivor? A fascinating character study that collides two fandoms: Survivor and Power Rangers!

We run through episodes 6-14 of Power Rangers Survivor. Through tribe mixes, merges and individual challenges... who will become the Sole SurvivoRanger?

Old January 31st, 2016, 11:46 AM #127
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

WWWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW. This was amazing.

I really enjoyed this. When I first heard you were doing this, I had so many thoughts on how you were going to have everything play out as more of a casual Survivor fan. Imagining everything they were doing after going to check out some of the challenges from the season it was based on, made everything that much more enjoyable.

I think my favorite thing about it was hearing about the Rangers' social game based on your thoughts and reasons for each pick to be on each part as well. Not only did it give me the opportunity to get into other Ranger fans' heads' about their opinions of the Rangers and why they think they were a good fit, but also to have an interesting take on how they think in regards to playing the Survivor game.

This was something huge to be tackled and it didn't disappoint.
Old January 31st, 2016, 03:47 PM #128
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

Mere thank you so much for your comments. The initial recording was around 5 hours. It was a lot of fun to talk with a big Survivor fan like Doug. This wouldn't have been successful without him. And yeah if I had more time to edit I would had clips for each ranger, maybe for The Animarium.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 08:05 AM #129
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I really hope you do The Animarium. With how long each part was, I could only imagine how long the initial recording was.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 02:53 PM #130
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

On social media we've had a lot of positive reaction towards this episode. We will definitely do a "Fall Season" of Power Rangers Survivor later this year.
Old February 6th, 2016, 04:42 PM #131
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

We are SUPER CHARGED with the return of Power Rangers Dino Super Charge! We review the first episode of the season, "When Evil Stirs" and read your answers on what you thought about the episode.

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-061/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph061/

There's also a lot of news to dive into, including: the announcement of Elizabeth Banks playing Rita Repulsa, New Dino Charge toys, new Legacy items revealed, DVDs including Vol. 2 of Dino Charge and Shout! Factory's Ninja Sentai Kakuranger release, Toy execs not wanting girl action figures and Power Morphicon guest announcements!

Our stomachs maybe be empty, but your ears don't have to be!
Old February 20th, 2016, 06:05 AM #132
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

In our 3rd year of talking about Toy Fair, Zach and Eric discuss all of the announcements from Toy Fair 2016 held last weekend. We include segments from TokuNation.com's live stream coverage of the event featuring Chris (@rankal), Jordan (DenO_Tokunation) and live from the show, Tom (@SoulinkChu).

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-062/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph062/

We also discuss the latest news including Paul Schrier getting married, countless MMPR comic book variants, recolored zords, the movie cast in Vancouver and Ninninger's poor toy sales. Finally, we read your wishes for Toy Fair and see how right (or wrong) our listeners were.

Where's the money?
Old February 28th, 2016, 08:59 AM #133
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

In February's extra episode, brought to you by our supporters on Patreon, we talk about being a newcomer to a fandom and fandoms in general with Zach's friend Steve.

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...a-episode-014/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcphex014/

We discuss the news such as Rick Medina Jr.'s bail hearing, Power Morphicon guests, Boom! Studio's announcement of the Pink Ranger mini series, and wrong K-Mart toy listings.

Then we talk about what fandom means to us, impressions of Power Ranger's fans, thoughts about the upcoming movie and the one time return of JDF Watch.

Finally, we read your Ranger Nation Answers about what fandom means to you with some VERY insightful and truthful answers.

It's Fandom time!
Old March 5th, 2016, 10:38 AM #134
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

In today's episode we catch up on reviewing Power Rangers Dino Super Charge episodes 2-5 with our friend Doug (@dougwatchin). Was "Forgive and Forget" forgettable? Did "Nightmare in Amber Beach" give US nightmares? How dangerous was "A Date with Danger"? And was "Roar of the Red Ranger" more of a yawn?

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-063/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph063/

We also briefly discuss Dino Charge on Netflix and new Ranger Keys coming soon. Then, we read your Ranger Nation Answers about the BEST and WORST of Dino Charge so far.

In our fan fiction, Kendall always pilots the Plesio Charge Megazord.
Old March 5th, 2016, 12:31 PM #135
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I agree with a lot of the comments on your episode reviews. For those that follow me on twitter, yes, I do mention more of the things I'm confused about or frustrated with, story wise, for the show but don't think that means I'm not enjoying this season over all. I am enjoying Dino Charge/Super Charge and I really think it's one of the better season(s) we've had in a long while. You can just tell there's an overall, and better, feel with this season than what we had with Samurai and Megaforce.

However, the dropped plots, and aspects of the seasons that begs for more of an explanation on (i.e. the energems) isn't something that can be overlooked as the season continues on. We've been told that Chip wants Dino Charge to have episodes where we can walk away with the reaction that it's the best episodes of all 20+ seasons. I understand being really passionate about your work (and we can all see that he genuinely loves Power Rangers and working on the show), but there haven't been any episode so far (in my opinion) that could be given that moniker and I'm worried there very well couldn't be any for me to say that.

Maybe we'll have that in the last ten episodes of the season. I say that because I've always felt like the last half of seasons for shows like this always feel more dire and exciting and makes me want to see what is going to happen next. From the various interviews that Chip gave during SDCC, we know that in regards to the Sentai that is being used, they'll have to use more of it but not necessarily how it was used in the Sentai. (You can see more at TokuNation's interview with him). I'm interested to see how the rest of the footage is used after we move further away from filler episodes.

What stands out to me the most is the lack of explanation for some aspects of the Dino Charge world that the whole season is based on. We have no explanation for Keeper's background or why he's the guardian of the energems, or what the guardian does, or even what the energems do. We've been told in the first episode that Kendall and Keeper tracked down Chase after he bonded to the energem, and then they found Koda, and somehow they also knew the identities of Tyler, Shelby, and Riley. But in "Roar of the Red Ranger", he has to ask Tyler about the identity of the Aqua Ranger? They knew the Aqua Zord was awake, and knew that someone have bonded with the Aqua energem to do so, so why couldn't he figure out where the Ranger was or who it was?

I also had the worry about how many Rangers there are going to be in all. Having 10 Rangers in one season is something to brag about, and use as a selling point of the season overall, but as we get more Rangers added, the less we learn about the new characters and the less character development we receive for them.

I still look forward to how the rest of the season unfolds, but it's evident just how many things are making the "Dino Charge world" confusing and making us fans stop and think about how little we know about characters/plot lines we should care about--not that we should just be mindlessly watching the show. (ESPECIALLY the fact that they KNOW Heckyl betrayed them and it hasn't been brought up since!.....sorry for the wall of text )
Old March 7th, 2016, 12:53 PM #136
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

NightMere10 wrote: View Post

sorry for the wall of text )
Mere, Thanks for commenting so much on our episode reviews. We love talking about the actual show, and while we all loved the Dino Charge season, Super Charge is failing to live up to the first half of the show.

I guess the biggest disappointment to me is how little payoff there is for some of the mysteries built up in Dino Charge. I was really looking forward to Aqua's debut, but the end payoff was anti climatic and the explanation's make Tyler's dad look like a dead beat.

The mysteries of the energems and their powers, origin and the lack of Keeper / Kendall story is also frustrating. Granted, a lot can happen in the 15 episodes we have left, but some of this stuff should not be left towards the end of the show to be explained.

Also, I don't mind the wall of text, you summed up my frustrations pretty well. I think the target audience is smart enough to know that the story is lacking too.
Old March 8th, 2016, 08:59 AM #137
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I agree, some of this shouldn't be left until the end to be explained or brought up again. For example, I thought back to Breaking Black where Sledge took Spellbinder's chest piece. At the end of the episode it was hinted that this piece will be used later on, and while I can guess that Wrench or Curio may find it and think of combining it with a former monster to use it with, I'm worried it'll be a throwaway line as well. A lot of the things that have been explained I feel have a great build up but then peter out.

In Davi's interview with RangerCrew, he had mentioned that the cast had more artistic freedom in the first season compared to the second. It makes me wonder if something behind the scenes changed how production is run (from both the writing aspect and filming).
Old March 18th, 2016, 08:53 PM #138
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

Once again Eric travels to Lexington, Kentucky for the Lexington Comic and Toy Convention, this time with co-host Zach in tow. They discuss their favorite moments of the convention, their con hauls and more. Then, we give you the very best highlights of the Lex Con Power Rangers panels!

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-064/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph064/

We also discuss the news such as Power Morphicon guest announcements, the new Power Rangers movie news and Ninja Steel casting sides.

Below we have included timestamps to make it easier to listen to a specific panel's highlights.

VR Troopers Mike Hollander - 00:25:00
Jason David Frank Panel - 00:58:15
Johnny Yong Bosch Q&A - 1:20:30
Power Rangers Time Force Panel - 1:47:47
The Ritas Q&A - 2:24:08

For full panels, please visit Lex Con's official Youtube channel.

Special thanks to the Lexington Comic and Toy Convention for providing us with Press access for the weekend.
Old March 26th, 2016, 07:19 AM #139
> trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.

32 eBay

In March's extra episode, brought to you by our supporters on Patreon, we take a blast into the tubular 1990's and talk about Saban's OTHER children's shows as well as what other programming was going on in the 90s. Fox Kids, The Disney Afternoon, Nickelodeon, Kid's WB and more are all talked about.

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...a-episode-015/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcphex015/

Then in our Ranger Nation Answers segment, we talk about your favorite 90s shows and catch all of you on the flip side.

Cowabunga dude!
Old March 28th, 2016, 10:03 AM #140
> NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

This was another great episode. There were so many 90s shows I watched, and even forgot about until other people answered the questions. As I said on twitter, one of the things I enjoyed the most about this episode was hearing the stories the hosts gave about the shows nd how they impacted your lives in different ways and how much the show was loved.

I really liked this topic.

Tags
podcast, ranger command power hour