Home Menu

Menu

Old December 25th, 2011, 04:08 PM #81
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

It is, but supposedly (I didn't go look for the exact source) that's not Ben, and will be touched on at some point about who was in the suit. No idea about that, but it's supposed to be relevant, especially with all the detail work put into the show. Being such an odd shape has to have a purpose.
Sir Koji is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 12:19 AM #82
> goty
Hade ni Ikuze!

goty
Hade ni Ikuze!

In an earlier episode, maybe 6 or 7, Billie Dean had a vision about Violet's grandmother, which made her run away scared. What was that about, did they mention anything about her grandma before? I completely forgot about it.

Wolzard15 wrote: View Post

But isn't that a screenshot from the scene in "Afterbirth" where Ben was chasing the woman in the basement... in the rubber suit?
Yeah, i think it is. He takes his mask off just seconds later.
goty is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 03:14 PM #83
> Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Sir Koji wrote: View Post

It is, but supposedly (I didn't go look for the exact source) that's not Ben, and will be touched on at some point about who was in the suit. No idea about that, but it's supposed to be relevant, especially with all the detail work put into the show. Being such an odd shape has to have a purpose.
The suit was a perfect fit for Tate and Chad, but Ben has a bigger frame then either of them, hence why he looks a bit chubby. It's just that the suit is extremely tight on him. True the show is detailed, but with it changing settings next season I don't see them going over it. I don't recall anyone other then Ben in that suit during "Afterbirth", for it to be another mystery person he would've had to have taken it off while chasing that woman for a little bit then put it back on a few minutes after.

Come to think of it there were a lot of things they were supposed to have in the 2 hour... er 90 minutes... uhm 70 minute finale they didn't go over. We were supposed to have a look at Ben's childhood (apparently a recurring issue w/ redheads), a close look at the Infantata, and an explanation of why the House traps spirits the way it does. They also never explained all of the opening like they promised, we never were told who the hedgeclipper person was, the weird dead person on the chair under the sheet, or who those children in the pictures were.

They must have really been running behind schedule to lose all the stuff the producers promised.
Wolzard15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM #84
> Sushi Samurai
Iron Ranger

Sushi Samurai
Iron Ranger

Come to think of it there were a lot of things they were supposed to have in the 2 hour... er 90 minutes... uhm 70 minute finale they didn't go over. We were supposed to have a look at Ben's childhood (apparently a recurring issue w/ redheads), a close look at the Infantata, and an explanation of why the House traps spirits the way it does. They also never explained all of the opening like they promised, we never were told who the hedgeclipper person was, the weird dead person on the chair under the sheet, or who those children in the pictures were.

They must have really been running behind schedule to lose all the stuff the producers promised.
I thought all the clips from the opening sequence where of the baby from the family in the 1920s? And the weird and deformed child the doctor made was the same creature that hurt the girl who came to the house for cocaine.
Sushi Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 07:38 PM #85
> Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Sushi Samurai wrote: View Post

I thought all the clips from the opening sequence where of the baby from the family in the 1920s? And the weird and deformed child the doctor made was the same creature that hurt the girl who came to the house for cocaine.
The baby yeah, but there were pictures of other children. And yeah I know they were the same, its just that the producers said we would get a clear view of it in the finale. Previous times were partial shots or quick flashes that obscured a full (and potentially terrifying) view. My only guess is that the view they were planning on showing was what they moved up to the second to last episode when young Tate encountered it.
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:52 AM #86
> KamenRiderKnight
Kamen Rider

KamenRiderKnight
Kamen Rider

Come to think of it there were a lot of things they were supposed to have in the 2 hour... er 90 minutes... uhm 70 minute finale they didn't go over. A close look at the Infantata, we never were told who the hedgeclipper person was, the weird dead person on the chair under the sheet.
Can you post pics of what your talking about, I don't remember these?
KamenRiderKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 10:53 AM #87
> Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Don't have any, here's the opening credits link on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up-FAO4--Vs

It's flipped, but if you just watch closely you'll see the shots, the dead person on the chair under the sheet and the hedgeclipper person are towards the end.
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:16 PM #88
> Sushi Samurai
Iron Ranger

Sushi Samurai
Iron Ranger

Don't have any, here's the opening credits link on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up-FAO4--Vs

It's flipped, but if you just watch closely you'll see the shots, the dead person on the chair under the sheet and the hedgeclipper person are towards the end.
The chair person and hedgeclipper person could just be a patient and the doctor. He could have used some of the girls he treated on as parts for his baby creature thing.
Sushi Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 12:23 PM #89
> Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Possibly but it was never explained that way, looked to be a dead adult under the chair (maybe not dead but definitely someone grown up), and the hedgeclipper person looked to be a woman. I suppose it could've been Constance or Vivien in foreshadowing, but these particular things were never given a focus like the other shots (fire - Larry, plastic wrap - Joe Escandarian, baby parts and jars - Montgomery's, hole - Infantata's hiding spot, etc). The producers said everything would be explained in show by the end.
Old December 27th, 2011, 02:47 PM #90
> kellhiro
Power Ranger

kellhiro
Power Ranger

i never realized how something like that could change the outlook on somebodies mind ...
kellhiro is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2011, 03:36 PM #91
> Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

It didn't, I still love this show.
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM #92
> Matrix Soul
TokuNation

Matrix Soul
TokuNation

Well, I finally got to watch the finale, and I for one, am very glad that next season is going to take place in a different locale. This is called American Horror Story after all, not "The Haunted Murder House" Looking forward to chapter 2 of this wonderful wonderful show.
Matrix Soul is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:12 PM #93
> Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Dinorider37 wrote: View Post

Yeah it left alittle something to be desired but it had such a great telling. I like the idea of them making each season a new story and place kinda like watching a new Horror movie every year. I do hope they try to do other horror movie things like Slashers or Urban Legends.
Cyan wrote: View Post

A new setting each series is a good move considering the genre. A new subtitle for each season would be nice though, to help casual viewers tell the basically different series apart.

Even "Season 2" would be enough.

Well that was big change from last season and....I liked it! Glad they reused actors from the last season and nice to see Tate again....lol and that they are using a different approach for this seasons villains. The naming of the seasons will be an easy and fun way to keep track as they go.

I'm so glad they did that.

The "Mad Doctor" character was someone I was expecting in last season but I welcome it here with the casting of James Cromwell. I think having him as an opposing threat to Sister Jude will be interesting.

I give it an 8 out of 10
Dinorider37 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:14 PM #94
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

Not as strong of a premiere as last year (I think we all have Alexadra Breckinridge to thank for continuously pulling us in... hey~), but it was very nice to see a few actors back. Especially the actress that played Nora last season. She was an excellent character and it's amazing to see her play in such a weak role. Jessica Lange is once again in the dominant female role but man was it gross seeing her get.....sexual... I was hoping for Violet and Vivian's actresses to come back, but oh well.
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:55 PM #95
> Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

I hope tonight's episode still airs, what with the episode being titled "Noreaster" and being about a hurricane hitting Briarcliffe.... I could see them not airing it for a week.

Anyway, after a somewhat slow first episode things definitly picked up last week. There's so much crazy stuff going on already - mutants in the forest, aliens, a demon now haunting the asylum, Bloodyface - that I can't wait to see some of the stuff come together.

Like most viewers I eagerly await the identity of Bloodyface. In the first episode, Theresa said Bloodyface was Briarcliffe's most notorious inmate, which means one of A) Kit never clearing his name, B) Kit being guilty, or C) The real Bloodyface actually being incarcerated there at some point. At this point, I can see so many possibilities for 2012 Bloodyface, from him being a ghost of the aforementioned prisoner to some kind of "Inception" style plotline where Kit was actually made into him... should be interesting.
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM #96
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I just can't see Kit being Bloody Face in any way (even made into him), if only because of the actor, and his character last season being a villain. I just don't think they'd do that two seasons in a row.
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:48 AM #97
> Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

just caught up on the Asylum episodes since I didn't get a chance to watch them till now. but damn is this gonna be an interesting season. ghosts seemed to be the focus last season, but now we appear to have a season full of demons, serial killers, and aliens. part of me is waiting for Agents Scully and Mulder to appear now.....
Cancer0081 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:55 AM #98
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

I'm already leaning towards the doctor being Bloody Face.

And damn "Nora" continues to be an awesome actress. Her being possessed was damn creepy.

What the hell did Jessica Lange see? It's definitely different than what was outside.

I'm glad that this episode reassured my doubts of the season after the first two eps.
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:46 AM #99
> hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

hasso_opitz
Formally dolphintamer45

This amazing show deserves an active thread! I'm shocked!

So ultrakill was right. I was surprised he was Bloody Face mostly because I didn't try to figure out who it was since there wasn't much mystery besides "it wasn't me!!!!" from Kit.

I love Super Pepper and I hope she wasn't killed.

Kit, Grace, Alma and the Aliens is pretty boring. I don't really care about what the aliens want with them. Is one of their children actually Bloody Face 2.0? They were both born near when their mothers were kidnapped/in Briarcliff so he could assume he's simply Lana's kid.

Now the thing that makes me angry is Sister Eunice. She's still credited in the show so I hope she pulls a phoenix and starts raising hell then Jude throws cross darts at her. I was waiting for a battle and her death, while I liked at first, went all poop when Arden killed himself.
hasso_opitz is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:20 AM #100
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Yeah, the credits are strange in that even the dead characters are credited (Eunice and Arden), but they might pop up again somehow (maybe something with aliens, or a flashback, or something).

I'm curious as to season 3's theme. They went with spirits, then aliens/demons, so I wonder what they might do for the horror aspect for the next season. I really want to see like cryptids (werewolf, etc.) for some reason. I guess we've received two hints as to season 3 already in the last two weeks.

By the way, does anyone know if anyone actually found the hint in season 1 for season 2?