Home Menu

Menu

Old December 8th, 2011, 12:23 AM #61
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

Even though I just finished the episode, it's probably better to put spoiler line sentence and then end spoiler.

But damn. I would have never guessed Violet was dead. We all should've seen the signs too. When she was running out and was screaming for help and only the dog was looking at her (myth that dogs can see the dog), I was getting a tingling feeling and when she ran back into the kitchen I was like.... WTF???? SHE'S DEAD??? NOOOO.

I loved that the ep brought a lot of stuff back full circle. Good to see Addy again even though it was a flashback. Burnman was burned by Tate and not the house. Cool to see Burnman's family. When burnman was disposing of the dude's clothes, he heard something behind the bricks. That's one thing that needs to be revealed still.
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 12:44 AM #62
> NeoTK
xoxo Gossip Girl

NeoTK
xoxo Gossip Girl

Never saw that plot twist coming. Though I feel so horrible with the state of her body. Also, how is it that Ben's towel never once came off during the whole fight!?
NeoTK is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 02:31 AM #63
> Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

that was interesting.... so Tate was responsible for Burning Man's stunning good looks, huh? and I think it looks like it happened the same day he decided to shoot up the school.
Cancer0081 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 03:53 PM #64
> Sushi Samurai
Iron Ranger

Sushi Samurai
Iron Ranger

NeoTK wrote: View Post

Also, how is it that Ben's towel never once came off during the whole fight!?
Movie magic. If this was on a movie channel, he wouldn't have had the towel on in the first place.
Sushi Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:07 PM #65
> Blue Shadow
Zanki

Blue Shadow
Zanki

ultrakill wrote: View Post

Even though I just finished the episode, it's probably better to put spoiler line sentence and then end spoiler.

But damn. I would have never guessed Violet was dead. We all should've seen the signs too. When she was running out and was screaming for help and only the dog was looking at her (myth that dogs can see the dog), I was getting a tingling feeling and when she ran back into the kitchen I was like.... WTF???? SHE'S DEAD??? NOOOO.

I loved that the ep brought a lot of stuff back full circle. Good to see Addy again even though it was a flashback. Burnman was burned by Tate and not the house. Cool to see Burnman's family. When burnman was disposing of the dude's clothes, he heard something behind the bricks. That's one thing that needs to be revealed still.

I had pretty much figured out Violet was dead when no one on the street responded to her shouts. I did find it kind of strange that she suddenly started seeing all the ghosts in the house after taking the pills so I guess it wasn't such a suprise to me.
It's just so sad that Tate was really trying to protect Violet. He didn't want her to know she had died. I wonder what is really going on with that guy, I can't wait to find out more in the next episode.

I wonder how they are going to break the news to Violets parents about her death. Will her dad figure it out or will she just vanish?

I was suprised to see that Tate was the one to burn that man. I think he only did it out of revenge for his brother though. I also wonder what brought him to kill all those people in his school. I'm guessing they where just the normal high school jerks but it could have been anything.
Blue Shadow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 10:44 AM #66
> Sushi Samurai
Iron Ranger

Sushi Samurai
Iron Ranger

Blue Shadow wrote: View Post

I also wonder what brought him to kill all those people in his school. I'm guessing they where just the normal high school jerks but it could have been anything.
I think that secret will be revealed later. Nothing in the show happens with a direct cause.
Sushi Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM #67
> Blue Shadow
Zanki

Blue Shadow
Zanki

Sushi Samurai wrote: View Post

I think that secret will be revealed later. Nothing in the show happens with a direct cause.
Yeah I've noticed. I really wish they would air the next episode already. I caught up with all the episodes last week so now I'm desperate to watch the next episode but I'm having to wait.
Blue Shadow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 10:39 PM #68
> Deltron
My Only Love

Deltron
My Only Love

All I gotta say is........damn. And we STILL have one more episode to go (or is it two more?)...this is probably too early to call it...but season II could be just as crazy...or could be a total trainwreck depending where S1 ends and where they take it....but damn. Powerful ending.
Deltron is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 01:37 AM #69
> ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

ultrakill
JabroniePictures.com

I thought the ending of last weeks episode was powerful with the reveal of Violet's death, but damn, the whole birthing scene was overwhelming. Everyone just decided to come back. Freakin' crazy. I was shocked when Violet straight up told Ben that she's dead. What the hell else is left?? And where do we go with season 2?

And I took it upon myself to make a list of the known dead in the house.

1. Charles (Doctor)
2. Nora
3. Elizabeth Short
4. Gladys (Nurse)
5. Maria (Nurse)
6. Moira
7. Constance's Husband
8. Bo (Goonie's)
9. Larry Harvey (Burnman)'s Wife
10. Larry's Child 1
11. Larry's Child 2
12. Tate
13. Bryan (Green Striped Kid)
14. Troy (Red Striped Kid)
15. Chad (Sylar)
16. Patrick
17. Bianca (Cut in half)
18. Fiona
19. Dallas
20. Hayden
21. Travis (Constance's hubby)
22. Violet
23. Vivien
ultrakill is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 07:34 AM #70
> Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

ultrakill wrote: View Post

I thought the ending of last weeks episode was powerful with the reveal of Violet's death, but damn, the whole birthing scene was overwhelming. Everyone just decided to come back. Freakin' crazy. I was shocked when Violet straight up told Ben that she's dead. What the hell else is left?? And where do we go with season 2?

And I took it upon myself to make a list of the known dead in the house.

1. Charles (Doctor)
2. Nora
3. Elizabeth Short
4. Gladys (Nurse)
5. Maria (Nurse)
6. Moira
7. Constance's Husband
8. Bo (Goonie's)
9. Larry Harvey (Burnman)'s Wife
10. Larry's Child 1
11. Larry's Child 2
12. Tate
13. Bryan (Green Striped Kid)
14. Troy (Red Striped Kid)
15. Chad (Sylar)
16. Patrick
17. Bianca (Cut in half)
18. Fiona
19. Dallas
20. Hayden
21. Travis (Constance's hubby)
22. Violet
23. Vivien
I wonder if all the the "extras" in between the families we've seen through flashbacks (ie some of the website only characters) are also ghosts, it seems like they must be if they died in the House. Though I guess the ghosts that appear to harass the current-family must end up having some connection to the family's real-life struggles. In other words if we get another family with different problems next season.... I think it likely more ghosts will pop up.

Last night's episode was incredibly disturbing. I feel so horrible for Ben after watching his wife and (probable) unborn son die like that. Its just so devastating how badly he wants his family to be put back together to a point where it was happy and how it can't happen. Watching the flashbacks of Violet's birth juxtaposed with their baby ending up being dead.... horrifying.

I'm expecting Ben to pretty much die or kill himself at this point... which is probably for the best. I mean all of the ghost's we've seen are depraved because of their loneliness and unfulfilled lives. Conversely, the Harmons would at least have their whole family together, and it seemed in death towards the end of Vivien's life she and Ben started becoming closer again. It'd be dark, but I suppose a "happy" ending of sorts could be derived there.

I've called a few of the twists to my friends, and I'm curious if the latest will be that the first baby was NOT dead but stolen by the Montgomery's (I was wondering why she would take a dead baby when she already lost one). It was 3 months premature and weakened by the other one, so that could be why it wasn't crying. From this I wonder if the twist is that the weaker one WAS the demon baby of Tate's or Infantata reincarnate, making the living one Ben's. I know the choice of putting the still birth alongside a flashback of Violet's birth probably makes this unlikely, but his show pulls a lot of fast ones. Otherwise, its still entirely possible that its Ben's living baby and the Montgomery's took it. Either way it opens the door that Ben survives and lives with his son and ghost wife and daughter in the house, a somewhat optimistic ending.

I hope Constance dies though or I'm gonna be disappointed.
Wolzard15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2011, 11:24 AM #71
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

I honestly expected the dead child to be made into another Infantata when Nora took the body. I'm waiting to see what happens there.

I'd love Ben to kill himself, just because it makes perfect sense with the devastation and that they can all be together (well, Hayden is there, that might be a reason not to do it. But screw it; his family is there), and hopefully be round in the next season as a family of ghosts. I'd love to see them pop up with new residents and try to pass on what they've learned to stop more disasters inside the house.
Sir Koji is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 04:59 AM #72
> Deltron
My Only Love

Deltron
My Only Love

So season 1 comes to a close...pretty good finale. Poor Ben...I suspected he wasn't going to be left off that easy, but didn't imagine he'd go out like that. Loved the parts where they chase away the new owners...reminded me of Beetlejuice. The ghosts teaming up was good too. So Micheal....Micheal Myers?

I'm interested where season 2 will take us...I could see it go awesomely good or terribly wrong...as I've said earlier, I'm hoping we don't get the whole new owener/season...that'll get old quick. Wonder if Hayden/Tate will be teaming up next season...
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:32 AM #73
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Fat Rubber Man. Yeah, I want to know what that was about. I think they said it gets revealed next season.

Anyway, great. I loved the cutting between a horror show, and the family moments like that. It just felt right, if out of place. And the ending, I thought Constance was going to die, honestly. Can't wait for this story to play out.
Old December 24th, 2011, 12:39 PM #74
> Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Sir Koji wrote: View Post

Fat Rubber Man. Yeah, I want to know what that was about. I think they said it gets revealed next season.

Anyway, great. I loved the cutting between a horror show, and the family moments like that. It just felt right, if out of place. And the ending, I thought Constance was going to die, honestly. Can't wait for this story to play out.
The black detective was clearly skeptical of Constance's story about Violet taking the baby and running. Coupled with his belief that Constance is responsible for Hugo and Moira's disappearances and Travis' death... I think we'll be seeing more of the law trying to go after Constance next season.

Fat Rubber Man?? Are you referring to Ben in the suit? He's much bigger than Tate and Chad so that's why it looked bulky
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:01 PM #75
> Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Sir Koji
Knight of Ice

Fat Rubber Man

That's not really Ben's shape.
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:21 PM #76
> Deltron
My Only Love

Deltron
My Only Love

I denno if we'll get any resolves from this season...according to this article about season 2:

With American Horror Story‘s first season resting in peace, Ryan Murphy is turning his attention to the serial thriller’s second act.

The show’s cocreator confirms that Season 2 will be “radically different” from Season 1. That means a new setting/locale and a (mostly) new cast.

“The second season of the show will [feature] a brand new home or building to haunt,” Murphy said in a conference call with reporters on Thursday. ”It will also have a new overriding theme.”

And in an unprecedented twist for an ongoing series, some current castmembers will return * but they’ll be playing new characters. (Murphy confirmed that current leads Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott will not be back, at least not as series regulars.) ”There will be familiar faces and some new faces,” said Murphy. “People that are coming back will be playing completely new characters… Getting to tell a different aspect of what an American horror story can be [every season] is fascinating.”

Murphy added that he’s currently in talks with a few members of the Season 1 cast to return full time, but he declined to name names. An official announcement about the new ensemble and storyline will be made in February. In the meantime, Murphy offered this tantalizing tease: “There’s a clue in the last three episodes where we say what the second season will be.”
http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/americ...on-2-spoilers/

I'm skeptical now...
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:39 PM #77
> Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Yeah it left alittle something to be desired but it had such a great telling. I like the idea of them making each season a new story and place kinda like watching a new Horror movie every year. I do hope they try to do other horror movie things like Slashers or Urban Legends.
Dinorider37 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:47 PM #78
> Cyan
Great Britainarian

Cyan
Great Britainarian

Dinorider37 wrote: View Post

Yeah it left alittle something to be desired but it had such a great telling. I like the idea of them making each season a new story and place kinda like watching a new Horror movie every year. I do hope they try to do other horror movie things like Slashers or Urban Legends.
A new setting each series is a good move considering the genre. A new subtitle for each season would be nice though, to help casual viewers tell the basically different series apart.

Even "Season 2" would be enough.
Cyan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:58 PM #79
> Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Cyan wrote: View Post

A new setting each series is a good move considering the genre. A new subtitle for each season would be nice though, to help casual viewers tell the basically different series apart.

Even "Season 2" would be enough.
Yeah like Season 1 could be called (Murder House) and Season two could get named after the Town/City something like that.
Dinorider37 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 10:51 AM #80
> Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Wolzard15
Former SPD Omega

Sir Koji wrote: View Post

Fat Rubber Man

That's not really Ben's shape.
But isn't that a screenshot from the scene in "Afterbirth" where Ben was chasing the woman in the basement... in the rubber suit?

Especially if season 2 is a completely different setting, I doubt there will be a new Rubber Man. I had read that the producers said they shelved the idea to change the setting a few weeks ago, but this is obviously a newer article so I'm surprised. I have mixed feelings, although I would love to see the continued story of the Harmons I really don't see how the show could stay scary and creepy under a "Harmons scaring people out of the House" plot.

If this is the end of the Murder House storyline, I think the Harmons achieving happiness and essentially ending the death and misery that the House brings onto people is a good way to end it. Though the way it ended seemed like a setup for Season 2. I think Constance will be back, at least eventually if not at the start of the season.