Old June 8th, 2008, 07:02 PM #61
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

She was his sister, I really didn't like her I thought she was annoying and I'm still wondering what the point of her relationship with Heero was...
Megaman0 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:03 PM #62
> Vash the Stampede
Konga line

Vash the Stampede
Konga line

Gotta love how Relena looked pissed off all the time.
Vash the Stampede is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:03 PM #63
> Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

Megaman0 wrote: View Post

She was his sister, I really didn't like her I thought she was annoying and I'm still wondering what the point of her relationship with Heero was...
did you never see endless waltz?
Anubis Haim Saban is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:21 PM #64
> Sasuke Uchiha
A God With A Hero Complex

Sasuke Uchiha

Vash the Stampede wrote: View Post

To me, the Wing pilots looked normal by anime standards.

Now, the SEED pilots......those were some unusually pretty boys.
Yes. SEED was definitely the Metrosexual series for Gundam.

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

Had brought them both and didn't want one to go unsigned. Also rule was only one thing signed by person.
They actually made it a rule? Damn

Megaman0 wrote:
Oh my god...then what facts do you base it on that Wing isn't overrated and is the best Gundam series ever?
The only reason people see it as overrated, is because it actually pioneer the Gundam series to the public. With that said.. Of course when viewers take hold of the fellow Mobiles of the series. Not everyone is going to think Wing was the best of it's kind. This is because no one has the same opinion on likes and dislikes. Shyt, One of my friends hates Wing just because it's mentioned when a general question of anime comes about. Not because the story was lacking, or the characters would never get anywhere... but because it was a flavor a lot of people like to sample. That, to me, is ignorant as you get.
Sasuke Uchiha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:49 PM #65
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

Anubis-Reborn wrote: View Post

did you never see endless waltz?
Yes and (only twice though and the last time was 4 years ago) what happened in endless waltz that explained there relationship...?
Old June 8th, 2008, 07:50 PM #66
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

Sasuke Uchiha wrote: View Post

The only reason people see it as overrated, is because it actually pioneer the Gundam series to the public. With that said.. Of course when viewers take hold of the fellow Mobiles of the series. Not everyone is going to think Wing was the best of it's kind. This is because no one has the same opinion on likes and dislikes. Shyt, One of my friends hates Wing just because it's mentioned when a general question of anime comes about. Not because the story was lacking, or the characters would never get anywhere... but because it was a flavor a lot of people like to sample. That, to me, is ignorant as you get.
That is what I hate about a lot of these "extremist" anime fans. It's the same thing as people who get frustrated or offended whenever people such shows as DBZ, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, etc. get mentioned and associated with general anime because they were, in their minds, "dumbed-down for the American public, so of course everyone has ONLY seen the crappy dub version". It's just plain ignorance. Seriously, some people just need to get over that crap. They only care about the raw, undubbed animes, usually the ones that fly more under the radar in the US, if they are even released in the US. Like it makes them look cooler or something.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:03 PM #67
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Superanger wrote: View Post

I find it that people like Seed, because it's really popular right now.
I don't know where you're getting that from.

I like Seed because it's got a good plot, interesting characters, and a nice balance of action and story.
Multiple Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:14 PM #68
> Terra
A Knight's Tale

Terra
A Knight's Tale

I feel the same way. When it was on CN, i didn't know how popular the show was, and the fact that it ended up airing at 3:30 in the morning made me believe it wasn't popular at all.
Terra is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:34 AM #69
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Seed was more popular in Canada and not screwed over like it was by CN. Know when I met the guy who played Mu La Flaga, he was surprised that Seed Destiny wasn't on US tv.
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:45 AM #70
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

That is what I hate about a lot of these "extremist" anime fans. It's the same thing as people who get frustrated or offended whenever people such shows as DBZ, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, etc. get mentioned and associated with general anime because they were, in their minds, "dumbed-down for the American public, so of course everyone has ONLY seen the crappy dub version". It's just plain ignorance. Seriously, some people just need to get over that crap. They only care about the raw, undubbed animes, usually the ones that fly more under the radar in the US, if they are even released in the US. Like it makes them look cooler or something.
You have to admit that DBZ, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh aren't the best anime's out there...actually Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh are pretty braindead series that don't even follow their source material right. Sure i've watched Pokemon (a lot) and have occasionally watched Yu-gi-oh but that doesn't mean that the shows are good...

But I do however recognize and appreciate what those shows have done for anime even though it's a pity that some people won't look beyond shows like that too see what else is out there...
Old June 9th, 2008, 07:48 AM #71
> Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

Xalfrea
formerly Quantum Wolf

I'm not much of a gundam fan myself, I usually only collect kits.

In fact I've been starting to collect kits from this set:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB_Senshi_Sangokuden

Is it a crime to like SD?
Xalfrea is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 08:00 AM #72
> ⚡McAster
I engage in motion

McAster
I engage in motion

If it's not fine Japanese animation like Speed Racer, Gigantor, Mazinger, or Transformers, it's obviously horrible animation! Anyone who disagrees with that silly statement is wrong and a communist and on fire.

End of silly rant.
--------------

Nothing wrong with liking SD, tis an amusing show from time to time (don't know about it's English dub version, never saw that). Got a couple fun games out of them as well.
McAster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM #73
> Dan the Man
That is who I am!

Dan the Man
That is who I am!

I like Wing and G Gundam...I think people "underrate" things because they feel that said things are "overrated".
Dan the Man is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 09:21 AM #74
> rangergod
Banned

rangergod
Banned

Megaman0 wrote: View Post

You have to admit that DBZ, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh aren't the best anime's out there.
No anime are the best.
rangergod is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 12:58 PM #75
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Since DBZ was brought up.

I used to be a fan of DBZ. But by the time they had gotten to the end of it on TV, I had already gotten fairly sick of it. There was very little story, and it took ages for anything significant to even happen.

Yes, I know WHY they did it that way, but that doesn't change the fact that it sucked.

I can't get into too many big mainstream action animes nowadays because it often feels like there's too much emphasis on said action, and not enough on the content of the story and the characters.

Which I guess is why shows like Gundam Seed (hell, even G-Gundam) catch my attention so well. Because there's a good balance of both action and story, and important events don't take 293784923847 episodes to even begin to happen. The story isn't too juvenile (Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ), but I still get the fun, boyish pleasure out of seeing the mechs in battle.

As for the sub/dub controversy, if you like one over the other, that's your thing. Just don't make other people out to be crazy for liking some other format.
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:36 PM #76
> Vash the Stampede
Konga line

Vash the Stampede
Konga line

As far as DBZ goes, there is a story in there somewhere, it's just that the only thing that people see is the action and there for claim that the story doesn't exist. The characters do change (Gohan, for example), and the narrative does shine in some spots.
Vash the Stampede is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:43 PM #77
> ⚡Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

I watched the entire series from beginning to end. I don't deny that there's story and character progression.

But the series lasted for four seasons, and could have been finished in two with the same story threads. That's a problem for me.
Old June 9th, 2008, 02:01 PM #78
> Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha

Dude, If we ever meet in person. The first couple of rounds of drinks are on me.

And don't get me started on DBZ. I will defend why it's one of the best animes know to man, and I'm pretty sure this thread would get further from it's topic
Sasuke Uchiha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 02:34 PM #79
> Skiks
Power Ranger

Skiks
Power Ranger

This what most anime fans should realize. You are not cool for watching anime thats hardly watched, but cool because you watch what you like. I can admit some anime I watch isn't the best out there and still enjoy watching it.
As for seed I could never get into it.s something about it just made me dislike it. By a lot. Gundam 00 was a nice change of pace from that.
As for my favorite gundam watched so far is MS 8th team.
Skiks is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 05:17 PM #80
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Thought I'd post pics I've taken with Gundam actors:

Me and Duo Maxwell

Me and Lucrezia Noin from Wing

Me and Quatre who also did Amuro on the original

Me and Shinn from Seed Destiny

Me and Relena

Me and Athrun, though I was the only one in the line not asking him for Athrun stuff and asked him to do his Edd voice from "Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy".
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote