Old June 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM #41
> ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

well SEED/Destiny if u think about it is more or less tributes to the UC era shows as they combine aspects from nearly all series made including some of the AU shows except they made it for a newer generation of viewers.And also regarding 00 being like WIng.....i must disagree cause i just dont see any resemblence between the 2 cause Wing's war wasnt really a war and their political reasons were just garbage
ZGMF-X20A is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:21 AM #42
> Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

Vash the Stampede wrote: View Post

One more thing, 0083 and 08th MS Team were vastly underrated.
I completely Agree honestly
Anubis Haim Saban is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:27 AM #43
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Heard friend of mine say he preferred the ending thme for Wing played on Toonami here more than he did the actual one. Thoughts?
Dragonwolf Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:28 AM #44
> Sasuke Uchiha
A God With A Hero Complex

Sasuke Uchiha

Dragonwolf Ranger wrote: View Post

I got Edward, Alphonse, Greed, Roy, Hawkeye, and Armstrong to sign my copy, but I don't have Wrath.
Sasuke Uchiha is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:30 AM #45
> Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha

ZGMF-X20A wrote: View Post

..i must disagree cause i just dont see any resemblence between the 2 cause Wing's war wasnt really a war and their political reasons were just garbage
Lol, To one his/her own I guess. I just don't understand how you can list it as garbage, but whatever
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:32 AM #46
> MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

MoonsKnight
It's kind of unusual

ExVee wrote: View Post

Maybe 00 isn't as heavy-handed as what all I've read about it indicates, but the storytelling style these days... just something don't sit right.

But, y'know, different strokes and all.
Well, you can't read about 00, you have to watch it. But I agree with you, though, it's different for everyone. People just have different tastes in what they want from a story.

As far as the comparisons to Wing, I think it's a very loose similarity at best. The Gundams didn't really seem all-powerful in the beginning, I think they just happened to have good pilots. But in 00, they seem to focus on the Gundams as these indestructible, god-like entities. The Earth unions don't even START to gain a real advantage until they get their hands on the GN Drives that the Gundams use.
MoonsKnight is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM #47
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Sasuke Uchiha wrote: View Post

I got Edward, Alphonse, Greed, Roy, Hawkeye, and Armstrong to sign my copy, but I don't have Wrath.
Since that pic was taken, I had Winry sign it. Could've had Ed do the same, but I had him sign Broly Second Coming instead.
Old June 8th, 2008, 10:11 AM #48
> Terra
A Knight's Tale

Terra
A Knight's Tale

Heard friend of mine say he preferred the ending thme for Wing played on Toonami here more than he did the actual one. Thoughts?
I prefer this ending as well.
Terra is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM #49
> Darkness_Ranger
Darkness is Light

Darkness_Ranger
Darkness is Light

You have to give the Orginial its credit since without that there wouldnt be any of the other series. I have the Orginal Series on the 3 tape movies. FOr the Record it CHAR not SHAW.
Darkness_Ranger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM #50
> Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha

MoonsKnight wrote: View Post

As far as the comparisons to Wing, I think it's a very loose similarity at best. The Gundams didn't really seem all-powerful in the beginning, I think they just happened to have good pilots.
The one thing I loved about Wing was that it allow the story to unfold, and then shove the Gundams down your throat.
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM #51
> Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha

Since that pic was taken, I had Winry sign it. Could've had Ed do the same, but I had him sign Broly Second Coming instead.
Why would you get him to sign that and no FMA? Hmmm. I would have loved Caitlin to sign it, but haven't been lucky enough yet.
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM #52
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

One more thing, 0083 and 08th MS Team were vastly underrated.
I love 08th MS Team especially how the Gundams are portrayed no super ace pilot newtype people just down to earth soldiers fighting a battle...I love it.

Blasphemy!

I don't understand why some many people look down on GW after being introduced to others g-series, but GW was incredibly intelligent and breath taking. The story, characters, and the models were the reasons the series stands as one of my favorite animes of all time. However, I guess that's why people are entitled to their own opinion
Like I said before Gundam Wing is like a Shonen Jump anime...it's story is subpar and it's characters are just not up to the level as the other Gundams in it's own it's an okay series it's just not as fantastic as people make it out to be.

Misfits923 wrote: View Post

How do people like "Turn A"? I thought it was the most hideous gundam ever! Anyway, my favorite is Z Gundam. Hands down, best series. Now, I have a question: Who is the best pilot in the entire Gundam universe? I have to go w/ Char Aznable.
Because unlike most Gundam series the characters are the ones that are important here not the suits...It's so well written it makes my head hurt...sure the suits are horrid but the story just flows so well that it makes up for it. I don't think I can remember one bad episode except the clip show.

Also the best pilot in the Gundam universe would be...Amuro Ray. Unlike Heero Yui he actually defeated his rival and Char maybe "cooler" but Amuro has trumped him more times than I can remember.

Just Communication Instrumental vs an ending theme that features Relena the worst Gundam female since Frau Bau...Instrumental hands down.
Megaman0 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM #53
> rangergod
Banned

rangergod
Banned

Megaman0 wrote: View Post

Like I said before Gundam Wing is like a Shonen Jump anime...it's story is subpar and it's characters are just not up to the level as the other Gundams in it's own it's an okay series it's just not as fantastic as people make it out to be.
You do not like the shonen jump series I take it.
rangergod is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM #54
> Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Dragonwolf Ranger
Star Force

Why would you get him to sign that and no FMA? Hmmm. I would have loved Caitlin to sign it, but haven't been lucky enough yet.
Had brought them both and didn't want one to go unsigned. Also rule was only one thing signed by person.

With the talk of Wing being a Shonen Jump series, kinda funny as a lot of people called the pilots bishonen pretty boys.
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM #55
> Vash the Stampede
Konga line

Vash the Stampede
Konga line

To me, the Wing pilots looked normal by anime standards.

Now, the SEED pilots......those were some unusually pretty boys.
Vash the Stampede is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM #56
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

rangergod wrote: View Post

You do not like the shonen jump series I take it.
Just because something is bad doesn't mean I don't like it. I never said I dislike the Shonen Jump it's just that most of their series are just mediocre.
Their stories are usually cliche, the characters are usually boring and the writing is plagued by people interfering with the creators original ideas and most of the shows/manga's get boring after being around for a while(one of the reasons I like Death note is that it stopped before it went on any longer). I mean I can appreciate Dragonball Z, Naruto, One Piece and all the others and I tend to watch them once in a while but they are just the tip of the anime iceberg. There are series that deserve a lot more recognition than any of those series since they are written better and tend to avoid overdrawn cliches or at least write them in a way that is enjoyable and not saying oh no now ... is going to happen and that's basically the same with Wing...(Wing compared to other Gundam series not to other Anime).

Wing just has a story that isn't THAT interesting(note I didn't say it wasn't interesting it just isn't as interesting as say the Gryps conflict), Gundams that blow away the competition even if they are outnumbered 50 to 1 (A problem that plagued the latter half of Seed and Destiny) and characters as Relena and scary brows (What was Relena's obsession with Heero again?). If you watch Wing you'll see that a lot of episodes aren't that great and a lot of it's greatness is thanks to a cluster of standout episodes.
Old June 8th, 2008, 05:10 PM #57
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

To me, the Wing pilots looked normal by anime standards.

Now, the SEED pilots......those were some unusually pretty boys.
Seriously?

The Wing Pilots (and nearly all the men seen in Wing) where definitly pretty boys..the Seed Pilots also had that problem but they look a lot more "Regular Anime" than the Wing pilots ofcourse a lot of it had to do with the art style in Wing...
Old June 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM #58
> rangergod
Banned

rangergod
Banned

Just because something is bad doesn't mean I don't like it. I never said I dislike the Shonen Jump it's just that most of their series are just mediocre.
Their stories are usually cliche, the characters are usually boring and the writing is plagued by people interfering with the creators original ideas and most of the shows/manga's get boring after being around for a while(one of the reasons I like Death note is that it stopped before it went on any longer). I mean I can appreciate Dragonball Z, Naruto, One Piece and all the others and I tend to watch them once in a while but they are just the tip of the anime iceberg. There are series that deserve a lot more recognition than any of those series since they are written better and tend to avoid overdrawn cliches or at least write them in a way that is enjoyable and not saying oh no now ... is going to happen and that's basically the same with Wing...(Wing compared to other Gundam series not to other Anime).

Wing just has a story that isn't THAT interesting(note I didn't say it wasn't interesting it just isn't as interesting as say the Gryps conflict), Gundams that blow away the competition even if they are outnumbered 50 to 1 (A problem that plagued the latter half of Seed and Destiny) and characters as Relena and scary brows (What was Relena's obsession with Heero again?). If you watch Wing you'll see that a lot of episodes aren't that great and a lot of it's greatness is thanks to a cluster of standout episodes.
most of your arguements are based on opinions not facts.
rangergod is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM #59
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

Oh my god...then what facts do you base it on that Wing isn't overrated and is the best Gundam series ever?

Opinion! I never once stated that what I said were facts it's pretty much impossible to measure how good something is on nothing other than opinion. You can judge on either the opinion of the general consensus, the opinion of someone who is respected like a reviewer or something or your own opinion. You can't measure how good something is on facts...simply because the facts aren't there...
Old June 8th, 2008, 06:57 PM #60
> Dark Megazord
Chou! Denshi! BIOMAN!

Dark Megazord
Chou! Denshi! BIOMAN!

Just Communication Instrumental vs an ending theme that features Relena the worst Gundam female since Frau Bau...Instrumental hands down.
I wouldn't say she's a bad character, but the ending made her seem important than she was. Sure, she was the sister (or was it daughter?) of the main villain, but she was otherwise pretty minor and even went unseen for several episodes at a time.
Dark Megazord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote