Old June 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM #1
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

Gundam

I finished watching Turn A Gundam today which means I've officially seen every episodes of every tv aired Gundam (When I finished watching Gundam F91 and Gundam 0083 I've seen every Gundam period).

I have to say that Turn A Gundam was a pleasant suprise...I never expected it to be as good as it was...Even on meds "Kill em' all" still seems to have that magic touch...

This is my final TV Gundam rating

1. Z Gundam
2. Mobile suit Gundam
3. Gundam Seed
4. Turn A Gundam
5. V Gundam
6. Gundam X
7. G Gundam
8. Gundam 00
9. Gundam Wing
10. Gundam Seed Destiny
11. Gundam ZZ

And my favorite Gundams are

1. ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam (Gundam Seed /Gundam Seed Destiny)
2. ZGMF-X56S/α Force Impulse (Gundam Seed Destiny)
3. RX-178 Gundam Mark-II (Zeta Gundam)
4. GN-001 Gundam Exia (Gundam 00)
5. MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki (Zeta Gundam)

So what are the other Gundam fans ratings?
Megaman0 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 03:40 PM #2
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

I've seen everything so far except for ZZ Gundam, Turn A, and X. I'd probably have to say i enjoyed the original ones (Gundam to Char's Counter Attack) the best. Victory was kinda so-so. I guess the best way to describe it was being the Hibiki of the Gundam series
StarTheFixer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 03:44 PM #3
> Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

i can say ive seen everything except the latest gundam series, but Wing is my fav period. nothing has ever lived upto the wing standard
Anubis Haim Saban is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 03:50 PM #4
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

I enjoyed Seed and Seed Destiny, they were actually the first gundam series i had watched all the way through after Wing. i read they were suposed to be like remakes of the orginal gundam and zeta, and was very surprised on how close they were when i got into the older ones earlier this year. Gundam 00 i enjoyed, it was something fresh and had a Wing feel to it, i'm eager to see the second half of it october
Old June 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM #5
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

I saw Wing for the second time last month(The first time was in 2001 or 2002) After seeing the other Gundam shows Wing is kinda dissapointing...the Mobile Suits are way too overpowered and make little sense in their respective Universe...the story is mediocre and a lot of the characters don't really appeal to me as they once did.

Also did anyone notice how Heero Yui didn't kill anyone he said "I'm going to kill you" to? The guy couldn't even kill himself...
Old June 7th, 2008, 04:20 PM #6
> Ryoutarou
Dot

Ryoutarou
Dot

Attention whore, of course. Anywho...

1. Turn A Gundam
2. G Gundam
3. Z Gundam
4. Gundam X
5. Gundam 00
6. Gundam V
7. Gundam SEED
8. Gundam SEED Destiny
9. Mobile Suit
10. Gundam Wing
11. ZZ Gundam
Ryoutarou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:22 PM #7
> Terra
A Knight's Tale

Terra
A Knight's Tale

I'm currently renting the zeta dvds. So far the shows that i watched i full are....
Wing
8th MS Team
G Gundam
Seed
Destiny

Waiting for 00 to be released on dvds soon. My favorite so far is G gundam, and seed.
Terra is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM #8
> Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

Megaman0 wrote: View Post

I saw Wing for the second time last month(The first time was in 2001 or 2002) After seeing the other Gundam shows Wing is kinda dissapointing...the Mobile Suits are way too overpowered and make little sense in their respective Universe...the story is mediocre and a lot of the characters don't really appeal to me as they once did.

Also did anyone notice how Heero Yui didn't kill anyone he said "I'm going to kill you" to? The guy couldn't even kill himself...
that was the point of the entire series...the gundams were made to be overpowered, but not gods they did get damaged, they did lose fights, and if you include Endless Waltz that people will always fight. period and the mobile dolls took the humanity and honor out of war...if such things exist. and heero didnt kill anyone he said he was going too bc he never had a real reason to and he realizes this.

yes my mind is not in atm so if this doesnt make sense i'll fix it later
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:28 PM #9
> Terra
A Knight's Tale

Terra
A Knight's Tale

I understood your point. I loved wing when i first watched it, but when i brought the box sets, it became meh. I just liked them for the gundams and nothing more after the secod time.
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM #10
> Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

Anubis Haim Saban
Return That Life To God

i just honestly feel in love with the idea behind it. the story was a bit out there sometimes, but come on who didnt want to see quatre go apeshit mad with power ^_^
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM #11
> Terra
A Knight's Tale

Terra
A Knight's Tale

lol touche. I dunno, i may need to rewatch wing sometime during the week. When the weather isn't horribly hot. I was wodering, how's ZZ?
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM #12
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

Anubis-Reborn wrote: View Post

that was the point of the entire series...the gundams were made to be overpowered, but not gods they did get damaged, they did lose fights, and if you include Endless Waltz that people will always fight. period and the mobile dolls took the humanity and honor out of war...if such things exist. and heero didnt kill anyone he said he was going too bc he never had a real reason to and he realizes this.

yes my mind is not in atm so if this doesnt make sense i'll fix it later
Terra wrote: View Post

I understood your point. I loved wing when i first watched it, but when i brought the box sets, it became meh. I just liked them for the gundams and nothing more after the secod time.
Gundam wing is like a Shonen Jump series. It's good if you have only seen a few anime but once you see more anime you see that it's actually mediocre and there are better choices out there...
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM #13
> Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay
Megaman0
Back from the dead...

eBay

Terra wrote: View Post

lol touche. I dunno, i may need to rewatch wing sometime during the week. When the weather isn't horribly hot. I was wodering, how's ZZ?
The opening theme says it all...this is not an anime...Gundam ZZ starts out like a crappy saturday morning cartoon starring all the people of Z Gundam (well most of them). There are idiotic and unrealistic storylines and the tone of the series is a total 360 from that of the greatness that was Zeta.

Around the halfway mark though the series gets serious and turns back into a real Gundam series the ending is a little unsatisfying and you kinda can skip out this series since Tomino basically retconned it out of existance (thanks to the Zeta movies) and it has little to do with the storyline set by MSG and Char's counterattack but if your a completist you can watch it...

Also the Gundam Double Zeta is one of the ugliest Gundams i've seen (not counting the horrible G Gundam designs)
Old June 7th, 2008, 05:49 PM #14
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

i skipped ZZ after reading that Bright Noa was the only main re-occurring character from the previous gundams, i didn't think it was worth watching. and after watching Victory which is also a series where kids are the main characters, i don't think i'm gona be in a hurry to watch it either
Old June 7th, 2008, 07:40 PM #15
> Superanger
It's time to change

Superanger
It's time to change

Megaman0 wrote: View Post

Gundam wing is like a Shonen Jump series. It's good if you have only seen a few anime but once you see more anime you see that it's actually mediocre and there are better choices out there...
That's actually a very narrow minded comment, I seen tons of anime in my life. diferent kinds of anime, from Kiddie kiddie to Hentai, and I say Gumdam wing still holds up today. I seen a bit of Seed.. and I cound't get into it. I saw Gumdam X, and it was awesome.

I find it that people like Seed, because it's really popular right now.
Superanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:46 PM #16
> Khandri
Tyranno Princess

eBay
Khandri
Tyranno Princess

eBay

Eh, I'd agree with the notion that Wing is...kinda overrated. People tend to like it so much because it was one of their "gateway" series, or because they find the pilots hot, or both. While I admit that it was what got me into Gundam as a whole years ago, it's not my favorite. The latter point can also be made about SEED/Destiny and 00 too, none of which have really grabbed me, and I don't like getting lumped in with the yaoi fangirls just because I'm female. I watch Gundam for the story, characters, and action, not the pretty boys and subtext, dammit.

Now I'll admit, I haven't seen all the episodes of all the series yet, but part of that is mostly just because I don't have the time anymore. I have seen all/most of 0079, G, Wing, X, Turn A (which is awesome), SEED, and Destiny, plus all the OAVs, the entire 0079 movie compilation trilogy, Char's Counterattack, and F91. Everything else I've seen just part of (including about half of Zeta on DVD) or only a few episodes of because at the height of my fandom in about 2001-04, the rest just was too hard to come by.

My top favorite, though? The often-underrated, much-maligned Gundam X. I just plain like the story a lot more than everything else, the characters appeal to me so much more, and the mecha are just plain awesome. For a time when I was in the general Gundam fandom (which I've long since left), I was the go-to person about all things GX, and I made a few music videos for it that ended up getting a lot of people interested in it. I really wish Bandai would get off its duff and release it over here, just so I can finally replace my crappy old fansubs and HK bootlegs with legitimate R1 DVDs, and because I'm tired of them ignoring everything else in favor of the "new and shiny" Gundam instead.

Oh yeah...and I have a ton of model kits I built at the height of my fandom too in all shapes and sizes and spanning just about everything from 0079 to SEED. My favorite of my collection? The Perfect Grade Zeta. Cost a bundle and took forever to build, but it was so worth it.
Khandri is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM #17
> Taikamiya3
MMPR

Taikamiya3
MMPR

Wing is my favorite. I don't think its overrated, in fact I think all the other Gundam series should bow down and worship it.
Taikamiya3 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:02 PM #18
> ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

ZGMF-X20A
Quantum Burst

saw pretty much all Gundam shows to date fav ones so far are SEED/Destiny even tho Destiny's ending was rushed horribly and 00 cause its just bad ass and yea i have to agree Wing is very very overrated and the story line is pretty shitty and heck the characters are so lame like Heero and especially da annoying girl who must not be named and all the times he threatened to kill her yet never did -___- and i also hate the extremely obssessed wing fanboys only cause they only accept Wing as like the only series worthy and in existence and call evey other series retarded and not engaging as Wing -____- bleh they need to be more open minded and rewatch the series to see how stupid it really is and yea oh yea for all the 00 fans here 00 Gundam's lineart has been released
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5...twopicsdv7.jpg
ZGMF-X20A is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:09 PM #19
> Dark Megazord
Chou! Denshi! BIOMAN!

Dark Megazord
Chou! Denshi! BIOMAN!

I've only seen Gundam Wing, and only part of that. I bought a boxset (are there any official ones?) off eBay, and it's still a good series, even though it's a bit confusing by my point.
Dark Megazord is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 09:25 PM #20
> StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

StarTheFixer
Untouchable KIng

Dark Megazord wrote: View Post

I've only seen Gundam Wing, and only part of that. I bought a boxset (are there any official ones?) off eBay, and it's still a good series, even though it's a bit confusing by my point.
heck ya! the one i have i swear weights like 20 pounds! lol its like 2 boxes that are in this big box, and they each unfold into a thing with 6 dvds in it (well technicaly 5, cuz the 6th one is just endless waltz)