Home Menu

Menu

Old July 11th, 2019, 10:13 PM #1421
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

Dyl wrote: View Post

I'm in the same boat as you, hopefully, someone can answer this.
Been following their facebook. Apparently something is going on with the ps4 version. I have ps4 also

They are "working on it"
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 08:12 AM #1422
> archer9234
Ranger Review Creator

archer9234
Ranger Review Creator

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

The Super Samurai Blu-Ray failed because picky fans didn't want a "half season", they didn't want a "bad season", they didn't want that season.

People who slept on the Samurai - Super Megaforce set because "bad seasons" meant no Dino Charge. The licensor doesn't care if it happens to be a poor entry.

People are passing on BftG because they own it and the physical provides no incentive. That's not a mistaken read, but it has an impact on future games and future releases.

It's crazy to think PR got a home console game in 2018 It's even crazier to think it got a physical release. That's never, ever, ever going to happen again, because of these poor sales.
I bought all the EU releases for Samurai-Megaforce. They even corrected the error of the missing holiday episode. Which was a plus. But it was the fault of the things you mentioned. I will buy the bad stuff too. Because every season has something good. They had decent bonus features in LG's sets. Shout did them better though.

But saying it's a complete season, when it's not. And simply not releasing the entire thing was stupid. Give me a rational reason why LG released that BD in this state. When they could have just did it right. WB's does this and it's fine.

A BD release is meant for hardcore fans. Who will spend the extra cash on the product. They expect something to be good. I'd have no issue in paying for a $45 BD set if it was done like these:

Power Rangers Samurai Blu-ray Collection

Contains all 44 episodes across 4 BD discs. + all bonus material. No matter how insignificant.

Power Rangers Megaforce Blu-ray Collection

Contains all 42 episodes + Extended Edition of finale and any bonus features. On 4 BD discs.

Power Rangers Dino Charge Blu-ray Collection

Contains all 44 episodes + any bonus content. You get the idea.

It took LG till Super Ninja Steel to even make a proper complete DVD set right. Every other "complete" set before was just a crummy repackage of the volume sets. Wasting disc space for no reason. This is why people hate LG. They didn't fix the TMNT DVD's when they made that complete set. So the episodes are all over the place. From the crummy old sets. This is their mo.

Battle for the Grid is very similar. It was basically a port of the mobile game. With very little clean up. Till they released the story mode. This game should not have released. Until that mode was complete. On top of it. It didn't get a physical release, till now. Which turned even more people off.

You had a poor port with it not being worth the cost. Than there was no physical release. I'm only getting it now because of that. You want to get a chance at good sales. Do it right the first time. Look at Millcreek. Blu-ray's for Ultra Q and Ultraman, in steelbook's first try. That's how you win me over and re-buy Ultra Q. After I bought the Shout set. Do your product justice. Even if the season is considered junk by fans. Test the water right.

You think Zyuranger would have sold good enough to kept going. If it was released in volume sets, $25 each, no. I would have loved if it was released on Bluray. But since Japan hasn't done that at all. I had no problem. But I will have a problem. If Shout reaches Boukenger, and it's only on DVD.

Shout released the MMPR and Turbo movies correctly. With some new bonus features. Happily bought them. I have never been happy with anything LG released. Till Super Ninja Steel. Even than, I can't buy it. Because there's no BD release. I'm not getting a product that's inferior to me just making my own BD set from my DVR recordings.

I am not saying they can't release volume sets on DVD. That market is for the kids. This is fine. But you want the collectors market. You have to do good. Multiple versions are needed.

Kids Market: Cheap volume sets

Less Expensive Collection: Proper DVD season sets + all bonus content. For who don't care about HD.

High Collection: Double Season bundle BD sets + all bonus content. Simply because you can have more episodes on less discs. DVD can hold 8 episodes each. While BD can hold 13. Plus, manufacturing BD's is cheaper than DVD's. Hence why easier to bundle both seasons together.
archer9234 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 09:04 AM #1423
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

Still no DLC for PS4
comicstar100 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 10:30 AM #1424
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

there has got to be some reason lord zedd was not released with the other characters. maybe they will add some new game mechanic along with lord zedd. i am just going to keep hoping for a proper megazord mode.
Alien of Aquatar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 01:33 PM #1425
> LupinDaPatranger
Power Ranger

LupinDaPatranger
Power Ranger

For those of us PS4 users who are unfortunate enough to have to wait until Tuesday, you can play as Jen in Chapter 10 of Story Mode. Hopefully that'll tide us for the next couple of days.
LupinDaPatranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 13th, 2019, 02:49 PM #1426
> Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

Mr. Yellow
Twitter - @MisturYellow

archer9234 wrote: View Post

I bought all the EU releases for Samurai-Megaforce. They even corrected the error of the missing holiday episode. Which was a plus. But it was the fault of the things you mentioned. I will buy the bad stuff too. Because every season has something good. They had decent bonus features in LG's sets. Shout did them better though.

But saying it's a complete season, when it's not. And simply not releasing the entire thing was stupid. Give me a rational reason why LG released that BD in this state. When they could have just did it right. WB's does this and it's fine.

A BD release is meant for hardcore fans. Who will spend the extra cash on the product. They expect something to be good. I'd have no issue in paying for a $45 BD set if it was done like these:

Power Rangers Samurai Blu-ray Collection

Contains all 44 episodes across 4 BD discs. + all bonus material. No matter how insignificant.

Power Rangers Megaforce Blu-ray Collection

Contains all 42 episodes + Extended Edition of finale and any bonus features. On 4 BD discs.

Power Rangers Dino Charge Blu-ray Collection

Contains all 44 episodes + any bonus content. You get the idea.

It took LG till Super Ninja Steel to even make a proper complete DVD set right. Every other "complete" set before was just a crummy repackage of the volume sets. Wasting disc space for no reason. This is why people hate LG. They didn't fix the TMNT DVD's when they made that complete set. So the episodes are all over the place. From the crummy old sets. This is their mo.

Battle for the Grid is very similar. It was basically a port of the mobile game. With very little clean up. Till they released the story mode. This game should not have released. Until that mode was complete. On top of it. It didn't get a physical release, till now. Which turned even more people off.

You had a poor port with it not being worth the cost. Than there was no physical release. I'm only getting it now because of that. You want to get a chance at good sales. Do it right the first time. Look at Millcreek. Blu-ray's for Ultra Q and Ultraman, in steelbook's first try. That's how you win me over and re-buy Ultra Q. After I bought the Shout set. Do your product justice. Even if the season is considered junk by fans. Test the water right.

You think Zyuranger would have sold good enough to kept going. If it was released in volume sets, $25 each, no. I would have loved if it was released on Bluray. But since Japan hasn't done that at all. I had no problem. But I will have a problem. If Shout reaches Boukenger, and it's only on DVD.

Shout released the MMPR and Turbo movies correctly. With some new bonus features. Happily bought them. I have never been happy with anything LG released. Till Super Ninja Steel. Even than, I can't buy it. Because there's no BD release. I'm not getting a product that's inferior to me just making my own BD set from my DVR recordings.

I am not saying they can't release volume sets on DVD. That market is for the kids. This is fine. But you want the collectors market. You have to do good. Multiple versions are needed.

Kids Market: Cheap volume sets

Less Expensive Collection: Proper DVD season sets + all bonus content. For who don't care about HD.

High Collection: Double Season bundle BD sets + all bonus content. Simply because you can have more episodes on less discs. DVD can hold 8 episodes each. While BD can hold 13. Plus, manufacturing BD's is cheaper than DVD's. Hence why easier to bundle both seasons together.
Mr. Yellow is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 03:25 PM #1427
> Evilspacewhale
Supreme Sharklover

Evilspacewhale
Supreme Sharklover

Alien of Aquatar wrote: View Post

there has got to be some reason lord zedd was not released with the other characters. maybe they will add some new game mechanic along with lord zedd. i am just going to keep hoping for a proper megazord mode.
Probably because Jen and Trey were going to be in the base game. Seeing how both of them were in the artbook I wouldnt be surprised.
Evilspacewhale is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 03:48 PM #1428
> LupinDaPatranger
Power Ranger

LupinDaPatranger
Power Ranger

Evilspacewhale wrote: View Post

Probably because Jen and Trey were going to be in the base game. Seeing how both of them were in the artbook I wouldnt be surprised.
Speaking of which, what does the artbook look like? I pre-ordered the deluxe edition for PS4 and I have no idea.
LupinDaPatranger is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 05:39 PM #1429
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

LupinDaPatranger wrote: View Post

For those of us PS4 users who are unfortunate enough to have to wait until Tuesday, you can play as Jen in Chapter 10 of Story Mode. Hopefully that'll tide us for the next couple of days.
they did make a few changes to the story mode. one of the changes like you said, is having jen playable in story mode, but another change is you don't always have goldar as a zord ultra any more. some stages let you use the mmpr dino megazord ultra now.

Last edited by Alien of Aquatar; July 13th, 2019 at 05:49 PM.
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 13th, 2019, 07:21 PM #1430
> White Album
Power Ranger

White Album
Power Ranger

LupinDaPatranger wrote: View Post

they did make a few changes to the story mode. one of the changes like you said, is having jen playable in story mode, but another change is you don't always have goldar as a zord ultra any more. some stages let you use the mmpr dino megazord ultra now.
Wow! Really? I gotta replay story mode to find out! Thanks!
White Album is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 07:27 PM #1431
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

White Album wrote: View Post

Wow! Really? I gotta replay story mode to find out! Thanks!
i should warn you right now, the update increased the difficulty of story mode.
Old July 13th, 2019, 07:31 PM #1432
> White Album
Power Ranger

White Album
Power Ranger

i should warn you right now, the update increased the difficulty of story mode.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind. Tomorrow is when I will replay it.

Edit: Just finished playing story mode. The following changes were made.
- Jen Scotts is now playable in Chapters 7 & 10 instead of Kimberly.
- Instead of the Goldar Ultra, you can use the Megazord Ultra in Chapters
4 & 8 through 10.
Possibly, if Cruger/SPD Shadow Ranger gets into the game's roster, he could be playable in Chapter 9.

Last edited by White Album; July 14th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old July 14th, 2019, 03:50 PM #1433
> Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

Alien of Aquatar
Hydro Power!

i was thinking what if they give lord Zedd a red ranger senterie skin since the higher ranking red tyrannosaurus sentries did wield his iconic Z-staff .

Last edited by Alien of Aquatar; July 14th, 2019 at 05:56 PM.
Old July 14th, 2019, 11:00 PM #1434
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

Do we know if Season 2 is a thing yet?
Old July 15th, 2019, 08:26 AM #1435
> mrgamer123
Yellow Shinkenger Power!

mrgamer123
Yellow Shinkenger Power!

archer9234 wrote: View Post

Battle for the Grid is very similar. It was basically a port of the mobile game.
Unless the game is an exact replica of the mobile game with very few differences it is not a port. BFTG has major differences from LW and is definitely not a port.

I will agree that the game probably should have been in the freezer a while longer. But considering what was going on at the time, i'm not really surprised.
mrgamer123 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 01:26 PM #1436
> White Album
Power Ranger

White Album
Power Ranger

I have a feeling that Lord Zedd is coming in Update 1.4 along with the new stage, which I predict is either the Shiba House or Ernie's Juice Bar. Speaking of predictions, Update 2 (if there'll be one) will possibly contain the finale to the story mode and 3 more characters. Here are a list of characters that could be added to the roster.
Update 2
- Lauren Shiba/Red Samurai Ranger
- Koba/Blue Dino Charge Ranger
- Ellarien/Solar Ranger
Season Two Pass
- Psycho Pink
- Anubis Cruger/S.P.D. Shadow Ranger
- Ryan Mitchell/Titanium Ranger
Update 3
- Preston Tien/Ninja Steel Blue
- Heckyl/Dark Dino Charge Ranger
- Ivan/Gold Dino Charge Ranger
Season Three Pass
- RJ/Jungle Fury Wolf Ranger
- Koragg(with Leanbow/Wolf Warrior skin)
- Zen-Aku
Possible Ultras
- Gravezord
- Delta Squad Megazord
- Predazord
- Astro Megazord
Old July 16th, 2019, 07:32 AM #1437
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

lord...all these people that use infinite combos in this game are pretty annoying. to me that isn't a skill, it's just a cheesy way of fighting. i can't do online battles anymore, almost like i can't do smash bros online anymore. i just hope they keep expanding the story more and more over time.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2019, 09:21 AM #1438
> GearRanger
Zord Mechanic

GearRanger
Zord Mechanic

Would be nice to have a mechanic where you can spend meter to get out of loops, because some of them are ridiculous.

Also for the love of god, nerf Goldar.
GearRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2019, 10:05 AM #1439
> megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay
megagao
VIP Rider

8 eBay

GearRanger wrote: View Post

Would be nice to have a mechanic where you can spend meter to get out of loops, because some of them are ridiculous.

Also for the love of god, nerf Goldar.
as a playable character or nerf him in story mode? no one i've fought online ever chooses Goldar. but yes, somehow ending an endless loop by some moron online would be nice. i mean how is that fun exactly? just cornering someone and never letting them attack you? that isn't skill at all.
megagao is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2019, 12:25 PM #1440
> comicstar100
Pirate King

comicstar100
Pirate King

Is the DLC up on PS4?

Tags
hasbaro, holding block - the game, legacy, lionsgate, nway, wars