Home Menu

Menu

Old July 11th, 2019, 04:46 PM #681
> precita
Power Ranger

precita
Power Ranger

The closest we had to that was Malva of the Kalos Elite 4, she was a Team Flare admin and an Elite 4 member at the same time. Even the anime kept that twist.
precita is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 05:32 PM #682
> AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous
The One You Love to Hate

See, the Switch Lite is the type of system I would prefer when I can afford it.

Not because of the lower price, but because I have a terrible TV and I prefer handheld stuff, especially when it comes to Pokemon.

Though I do worry about how many games WON'T be compatible with it, cause it only works on games that work on handheld mode. But eh, Pokemon would be the main thing I'd want it for anyway. But $200 is still way too out of my price range considering I still have no income. I hate the government. -.-
AkaUnlovedFyntabulous is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 05:39 PM #683
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

AkaUnlovedFyntabulous wrote: View Post

Not because of the lower price, but because I have a terrible TV and I prefer handheld stuff, especially when it comes to Pokemon.

Though I do worry about how many games WON'T be compatible with it, cause it only works on games that work on handheld mode. But eh, Pokemon would be the main thing I'd want it for anyway. But $200 is still way too out of my price range considering I still have no income. I hate the government. -.-
I don't know much specifically about the various Switch games, but I imagine since the point for the system is switching, that most games can be played handheld. I doubt that'll change in the future, though I imagine some just look better on a TV rather than shrunk. I'm with you in obviously being use to playing Pokémon on a portable. Though I admit it could be fun to get to play a real game on a TV for once, even if just some of the time. Though I hear ya on the price tag no matter what. At least for me I traded in a bunch of old games recently at a place and have more games I can trade in. And they sell new Switches, so I might not have to really pay anything if I do a Switch from them. Of course a Lite would mean paying out of pocket which could suck, so that's a factor. But yeah at the moment I'd likely only play Pokémon, and maybe down the road borrow something like Breath of the Wild or something from a friend so I'm not jumping at getting one quite yet.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 05:45 PM #684
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

I do worry about how many games WON'T be compatible with it, cause it only works on games that work on handheld mode.
Based on the trailer, I would assume there aren't going to be a BUNCH of games it can't play, probably more the party and sports genres.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 06:07 PM #685
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger

though I do worry about how many games WON'T be compatible with it,
It's the new 3ds. I'm sure plenty of companies are making games specifically meant to be played handheld
TyrannoRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 08:32 PM #686
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

TyrannoRanger wrote: View Post

It's the new 3ds. I'm sure plenty of companies are making games specifically meant to be played handheld
That happened almost a month or so after the switch came out.
Tigran is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:08 PM #687
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade

Was talking about it to a colleague today, of course it's not for everyone.

So the cost of Switch Lite is $200 USD, and main Switch is $300 USD.

Joy cons are $70. So if you decided to buy Joycons so you could play it with someone else, you're already at $270 USD.

Just $30 USD more for:
+ Adapter to connect the Joycons into 1 controller
+ Larger Screen
+ Official Nintendo Switch Dock, which sells for far more than $30 USD.

We didn't feel Switch Lite was worth it.
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:26 PM #688
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Decade wrote: View Post

"How did they see through our money grab so quickly?!"
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:35 PM #689
> ϟDecade

Decade

Oh don't get me wrong. I still feel Switch Lite is legit. When my colleague asked "What's the point of it? Who would buy it?"

I answered "People buy it for their least favorite child that they want to spend the least money on."
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:38 PM #690
> TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

TheLastBlade
Power Ranger

The switch lite seems to be a replacement for the 3ds. And in fairness, the switch is a pretty tough act to follow when it’s both a console and a handheld. How would Nintendo make a follow up?
TheLastBlade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:41 PM #691
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Was talking about it to a colleague today, of course it's not for everyone.

So the cost of Switch Lite is $200 USD, and main Switch is $300 USD.

Joy cons are $70. So if you decided to buy Joycons so you could play it with someone else, you're already at $270 USD.

Just $30 USD more for:
+ Adapter to connect the Joycons into 1 controller
+ Larger Screen
+ Official Nintendo Switch Dock, which sells for far more than $30 USD.

Which is all true, but if you're just looking for a new handheld, or specifically a Nintendo handheld to play recent games, then yeah the Lite works perfectly cause that's what it is. But sure, if you want a system to play with others then you might as well get the original.
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:45 PM #692
> ϟDecade

Decade

That's why I cited the Larger screen. I specifically wanted to pay more for a 3DS XL because of the larger screen.

Who knows, maybe a Switch XL is next too. It could go iPad size!
Old July 11th, 2019, 09:52 PM #693
> ϟDecade

Decade

TheLastBlade wrote: View Post

The switch lite seems to be a replacement for the 3ds. And in fairness, the switch is a pretty tough act to follow when it’s both a console and a handheld. How would Nintendo make a follow up?
Switch XL
"New" Switch
"New" Switch XL
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:00 AM #694
> Tigran
Power Ranger

Tigran
Power Ranger

Nah, needs to be "Switch Max!"
Tigran is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 11:35 AM #695
> ϟDecade

Decade

Tigran wrote: View Post

Nah, needs to be "Switch Max!"
Switch DynaMax!
Old July 12th, 2019, 02:17 PM #696
> rocky505
Writer of PRLW

rocky505
Writer of PRLW

I'm amazed at the amount of people still expecting Armored Mewtwo in SwSh just because it's obtainable in Go.
rocky505 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 03:56 PM #697
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

rocky505 wrote: View Post

I'm amazed at the amount of people still expecting Armored Mewtwo in SwSh just because it's obtainable in Go.
Eh, I mean it's not impossible. Highly unlikely, but not impossible. We don't know yet if Gamefreak could just patch in "new" or new pokemon down the road, and hell we'll still get downloaded pokemon through the app and all in the future. So it has basically as much chance of happening as not happening.

Switch DynaMax!
I would say the tablet Switch would be Switch Gigamax.
Old July 14th, 2019, 03:35 AM #698
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Cat Fight

- Previously on Pokémon;

- Faba pretty much cheats and forces Meltan out. At least that explains why the preview showed Ash using Meltan;

- Faba played dirty and deserves the loss he's going to get (episode titles spoiled the winner though it was a no-brainer in this case);

- Faba tries to play dirty by hipnotizing Meltan... But the little thing's apetitte bypass this and Ash gets a one-shot-win;

- Man, that has to be one of Ash's easiest wins. Doesn't beat Ash-Greninja nuking everything on his path during Kalos League but still...;

- Ilima uses Kangaskhan. The preview had him revealing a megastone. Hooboy, we know where this is going;

- Power-up Punch? Man, Ilima has some serious OP meta right there;

- I like how they showed Kangaskhan's Mega Evolution here. The anime makes it clear the baby is the one who goes mega;

- It has Rock Slide too? It's almost like Ilima building sets out of Smogon or something;

- Guzma won. But man, does this victory feels unsatisfied. Ilima did a lot better. Sure Scizor is a good counter to Mega Kanga, since it resists or is neutral to all the moves showed but the way they pulled off is so poor. Almost seems like the staff forgot how to do battles;

- And that's it for Chiba Yudai's presence in the league. See you in a future Goseiger rewatch!;

- Now, we got Hau vs Alolan Oak;

- Hau uses Thunderbolt on a Pokémon that resists 4x to eletric? I know anime ignores type advantages but still...;

- And it wins with Focus Blast...;

- Lol at that Dedenne in the background sleeping on its trainers' lap. Seems like even the non-main cast pokémon is bored with this league;

- Now, for the fight between friends. *cuts that yu-gi-oh friendship battle lame song*;

- I guess that's Icy Wind? At least Lana knows about coverage moves;

- Wow, Mallow wants to give up already. How lame;

- Mallow needed Tsareena's refusal of being called back AND Lana's speech to quit giving up. Say what you want about Serena not finishing her battles but at least she never quit like that and the battles were interrupted by things beyond her control;

- They tried making a big deal out of Mallow and Lana using their Z-moves... But they just couldn't. How lifeless and unimpressive show;

- And of course Lana end up being the winner;

- The drama is over;

- No TR means bonus points... But that doesn't help the episode's case.

Overall, a boring episode. The only battle remotely interesting was Ash's and that was mostly because it showed Meltan can do something besides being a gag which is more than poor Poipole got. Ilima's got some interesting thing but was handled so poorly that the bad outweight the good. Really, so far this league has been the most boring and unimpressive thing I've ever seen in the show. I admit I haven't watched the Hoenn League (yet) but I bet it had at least some actual action considering the time it was done. I guess the lack of criteria to participate in the Alolan League extends to the quality of its battles. I'm shocked the staff un-learned how to do battles. Did all that focus on comedy made them forgot? I thought learning new techniques means you ADD knowledge to your reportorie, not replace!

Next time: Jessie vs James. Now an actual friendship battle that can be remotely interesting.

precita wrote: View Post

The closest we had to that was Malva of the Kalos Elite 4, she was a Team Flare admin and an Elite 4 member at the same time. Even the anime kept that twist.
The anime handled this Malva bit so poorly IMHO. I felt like it was one of the downsides of XY. I like how in the games, Malva seemed like this nice person but was actually rotten and a bad girl.

I feel like we were going to get more Team Flare Malva show in the anime - since the games' handled like an afterthought - but its closure didn't really feel worthy it.

To make matters worse they could have done better. Her change of heart could have come after a battle against Serena, whose determination would end up reaching Malva. Serena would lose for all obvious reasons but at least it'd gave her an important moment AND would give a better closure to Malva.

Switch XL
"New" Switch
"New" Switch XL
Decade wants to have a Switch... That's new.
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2019, 08:46 AM #699
> precita
Power Ranger

precita
Power Ranger

I enjoyed the first Alola league ep a lot:

I actually really liked this ep. Obviously Ash/Faba and Hau/oak were just quick nothing battles, but Faba's fight was kinda funny the way Meltan ate it's pendulum.

But Guzma Vs. Llima was really good, both in terms of strategy and battles. If it had XY animation that battle would have looked even better. I was also impressed by Mallow Vs. Lana, even though Mallow was destined to lose, the writers gave her some nice character moments and Lana's encouragement to make it look like she got something in this league. I was actually thinking Mallow was going to win for a second with the episode giving her the underdog status and showing her past achievements, usually when that happens the character gets a come from behind win. Overall it was nice to give her a sendoff for a character who wasn't going to get much this season.

In fact I'd wager to say Ash is going to be the least interesting part of this league going forward, I'm looking forward to all the character moments from the SM cast and Guzma over him. I honestly don't care how Ash does in this one.
precita is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2019, 08:48 AM #700
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

... I want Gigantamax Swellow to have coconut-sized biceps.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote