Home Menu

Menu


View Poll Results: Yes, there's a holiday special, but this is the finale. So vote!
1 - Bad 19 19.19%
1 - Bad
19 19.19%
2 - Poor 18 18.18%
2 - Poor
18 18.18%
3 - Fair 26 26.26%
3 - Fair
26 26.26%
4 - Good 22 22.22%
4 - Good
22 22.22%
5 - Excellent 14 14.14%
5 - Excellent
14 14.14%
Votes: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2019, 07:19 PM #181
blackheartedboy's Avatar
> blackheartedboy
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 176
eBay
blackheartedboy
Power Ranger
blackheartedboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 176
eBay



Seeing as this episode aired over 8 months ago and I just viewed it this past week it was clearly a task to get to this series finale...and it in no way was worth the terrible overall ride I went through over the course of this trash series (Ninja and super Ninja Steel)

Yes it was better than the preceding 39 episodes (with the exception of Dimensions in Danger) but thatís not hard to achieve when the series was utter garbage.

There was no overarching build up to this point, the final battle was blink and youíll miss it quick, the random power up of magic out of nowhere to defeat odious was the epitome of unearned and anticlimactic...itís sad that everything that there is to say about this series finale was done in less than 9 pages, but when shit is so bland what kind of dialogue/convo can be expected?
blackheartedboy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 6th, 2019, 07:46 PM #182
sylarking's Avatar
> sylarking
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,445
sylarking
Power Ranger
sylarking's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,445



blackheartedboy wrote: View Post

Seeing as this episode aired over 8 months ago and I just viewed it this past week it was clearly a task to get to this series finale...and it in no way was worth the terrible overall ride I went through over the course of this trash series (Ninja and super Ninja Steel)

Yes it was better than the preceding 39 episodes (with the exception of Dimensions in Danger) but thatís not hard to achieve when the series was utter garbage.

There was no overarching build up to this point, the final battle was blink and youíll miss it quick, the random power up of magic out of nowhere to defeat odious was the epitome of unearned and anticlimactic...itís sad that everything that there is to say about this series finale was done in less than 9 pages, but when shit is so bland what kind of dialogue/convo can be expected?
For all of its problems it was at least better than End of Extinction.
sylarking is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2019, 09:02 PM #183
Peter's Avatar
> Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,228
Peter
"Stegosaurus!"
Peter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 31,228



sylarking wrote: View Post

For all of its problems it was at least better than End of Extinction.
The vast majority of things are better than "End of Extinction".

That was really a game-changer, for me, in how I view episodes. Now, when I'm watching something, it's a case of, "Okay, so this might be bad. The writing is horrible, the direction is horrible, the message is obnoxious ... but did the Rangers commit multiple acts of planetary genocide? No? Then it's not the worst episode ever."

He makes a point, though. IIRC, the "End of Extinction" thread went for ages. This thread barely lasted 9 pages.
Peter is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2019, 04:40 PM #184
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,019
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,019



The Power of the Nexus in every Rangers ! If Preston had the Power all that time why not used before !!! They really should had been give a Better Final Battle, but the Ninninger footage save that, unless they had bring Galvanax, but i think was better keep Odious was Villan
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 05:55 PM #185
Alitain's Avatar
> Alitain
God of Benevolence
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059
Alitain
God of Benevolence
Alitain's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,059



Akumaru wrote: View Post

The Power of the Nexus in every Rangers ! If Preston had the Power all that time why not used before !!!
To be fair, sometimes it takes a truly dangerous, or extremely tough situation to get people to either consider such crazy options, or to have the will to make it happen. It's basically like the tales of mothers lifting cars off their babies or whatever. The adrenaline kicks in and suddenly you're capable of more than you thought possible, more than you would on any other given day of the week. For all that it was still stupid and bad, in a way it makes sense that Preston or the others wouldn't have been able to even consider it as an option, let alone pull it off. Cause they were never in such dire straits before. It can come across cheesy even when done well, but at the same time such a trope or whatever you want to call it, can work.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
at least earth survived, clowns save the day, farewell neo-saban, no farts this time, poor zoe, worst father award

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:43 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.