RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old June 18th, 2017, 12:59 PM   #161
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
EvilGreenRanger-F5 wrote: View Post

He has posted that he is shutting up shop.
Yet despite all of the complaints and poor quality of work people in the comments continue to blow smoke up his arse saying how great a job he does. I guess they are after a free kit regardless of quality of wait time.
I was a bit surprised by the comments on his post to be honest. I think I was expecting those of us who are still waiting on helmets to become a bit more vocal.

Also, did your post in the Power Rangers traders, buyers, sellers group get removed? I was tracking it to see the comments, but when I woke up this morning, it looks like it disappeared.
graysonsyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 01:17 PM   #162
manson26
Flung Out of Space

graysonsyd wrote: View Post

I was a bit surprised by the comments on his post to be honest. I think I was expecting those of us who are still waiting on helmets to become a bit more vocal.

Also, did your post in the Power Rangers traders, buyers, sellers group get removed? I was tracking it to see the comments, but when I woke up this morning, it looks like it disappeared.
What?! No!! I just asked a friend to add me so I can see it
manson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 01:57 PM   #163
EvilGreenRanger-F5
Also known as PRMAYHEM

Yes it was, I have inquired as to why it was removed. Maybe as he is closing down they feel the matter is closed, but I'd have said not until all the orders are finished or people get their money back.
The admins at Ranger Store messaged me saying they deleted my post on their as call outs weren't allowed, I told them I disagreed with it being a call out, it was a review of a transaction, but it remains deleted. I guess they don't want the negative stories flooding in.

I too am shocked that more people aren't posting about their poor quality helmets they got from him/the helmets he hasn't deleviered yet on his post....but he could just be deleting them.
EvilGreenRanger-F5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #164
manson26
Flung Out of Space

I was hoping to get a look at the comments on the post in the Buyers, Sellers group to add to my list I've been compiling. Across all the social media platforms since this thread started, I've accumulated at least 40 names now of people that ordered and either never got anything or got something sloppy. I'm a a bit scared to know exactly how big this backlog is. And if he is closing, how long will it take to get through the backlog. I feel like I will be waiting 4 years.

4 years vs the 4 month promised timeframe. I'm so over all of this.
Old June 18th, 2017, 02:39 PM   #165
Kaigan
Banned

The entire reason his page is filled with ass kissers is because he deletes all the comments calling him out. I commented on something a couple months back and he deleted it within a day. I just posted another comment less than an hour ago so we'll see how long that stays there.
Kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #166
manson26
Flung Out of Space

Kaigan wrote: View Post

The entire reason his page is filled with ass kissers is because he deletes all the comments calling him out. I commented on something a couple months back and he deleted it within a day. I just posted another comment less than an hour ago so we'll see how long that stays there.
The praise and ass kissing is even worse on his Instagram. Everyone there thinks he's a miracle man. I think he reaches a bigger audience then when you compare the number of likes to his FB
Old June 18th, 2017, 04:17 PM   #167
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
Kaigan wrote: View Post

I've seen a few of the comments on the post already be deleted, so I'm assuming yours was one of the ones that went.

I'm comfortable enough to own up and say that I was the one who posted the very lengthy comment on his post, and it appears to be the only comment that remains that addresses the fact that some of us still have outstanding issues. This was the first time I had spoken out about my experience and I felt like it was a very fair and true reflection of the current situation from the buyer perspective, without any malicious intent.
Old June 18th, 2017, 04:25 PM   #168
manson26
Flung Out of Space

I've seen a few of the comments on the post already be deleted, so I'm assuming yours was one of the ones that went.

I'm comfortable enough to own up and say that I was the one who posted the very lengthy comment on his post, and it appears to be the only comment that remains that addresses the fact that some of us still have outstanding issues. This was the first time I had spoken out about my experience and I felt like it was a very fair and true reflection of the current situation from the buyer perspective, without any malicious intent.
There are 2 comments missing, Jared's about him owning up, and Steve Austin's asking where his Zeo Gold helmet is. So yeah, I didn't think he was actually deleting comments but I'm now seeing it with my own eyes. I'm a bit disgusted by that.

Graysonsyd, I love your comment. It was very matter of fact too all of this, and I feel exactly the same as you do. I'm an incredibly patient person. If I had been told the truth about the setbacks and delays I wouldn't be here venting my frustration. I am trying to be diplomatic and not publicly saying anything where John can see (because I'm afraid he will send me a shitty helmet out of spite) but I'm also getting tired of seeing people give pity when they don't know the whole story. I'm reaching the end of my nerves here, but it won't do any good to comment my frustration if he's just going to delete it.
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:24 PM   #169
Kaigan
Banned

manson26 wrote: View Post

There are 2 comments missing, Jared's about him owning up, and Steve Austin's asking where his Zeo Gold helmet is. So yeah, I didn't think he was actually deleting comments but I'm now seeing it with my own eyes. I'm a bit disgusted by that.

Graysonsyd, I love your comment. It was very matter of fact too all of this, and I feel exactly the same as you do. I'm an incredibly patient person. If I had been told the truth about the setbacks and delays I wouldn't be here venting my frustration. I am trying to be diplomatic and not publicly saying anything where John can see (because I'm afraid he will send me a shitty helmet out of spite) but I'm also getting tired of seeing people give pity when they don't know the whole story. I'm reaching the end of my nerves here, but it won't do any good to comment my frustration if he's just going to delete it.
I knew the little shit stain would delete my comment.
Kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 11:13 AM   #170
manson26
Flung Out of Space

Ok.... so... I was doing a little digging and I found this photo on Legacy Concepts FB page. Remember when I posted photos of a DekaSwan helmet that LC had supposedly re-finished? And then it was said that it was actually the work of Sushiya and LC didn't do that job?

Here's a photo of it stripped of paint.

"I just repaired and am painting it"
May 21, 2014 at 4:54pm

LC must have produced that paint job and that visor that wasn't tinted enough.
Old June 20th, 2017, 03:18 PM   #171
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
manson26 wrote: View Post

I was hoping that by addressing it in the way that I did that it might have resulted in some of us receiving information as to what's actually going to happen next. Sadly, I think the guessing game is just going to continue.

When I wrote that comment, I tried not to speak on behalf of anybody else because I hadn't connected with anybody that was still waiting on a helmet and I didn't have their side of the story (I could only infer from comments that I had read on Facebook, and from stalking this thread. To be blatantly honest, the main reason I came out of the woodwork and signed up to RangerBoard last week was for this thread. But I've been reading it for months!).

My biggest gripe is that all my con plans have fallen through, I have nothing to show for it and now I'm going to have to source an alternative helmet somewhere else. I'm also scared to do that after this because I feel like I'm at the absolute mercy of the helmet maker. But as you said, if we were aware of the setbacks and the delays and there was greater transparency throughout the transaction, I legitimately wouldn't have had a problem.
Old June 20th, 2017, 08:31 PM   #172
manson26
Flung Out of Space

I had no cons I was planning for at the time, it was simply a birthday gift to myself. However, when Reiko Chiba was added to the last Power Morphicon in 2016 I did want to put together a suit to meet her in. I thought for sure I could do it considering it was a year between my order and the con.

-

An interesting comment came up on PRMayhem's FB review. Started chatting with this person, I was given permission to share it here:

**Pic Heavy**

A customer sent in a Jess made Stunt MMPR Pink Kit to be finished. Legacy kept the kit for 2 years and never finished it. The customer was mad and asked for the kit back but the kit was in the condition that's shown in the photos below. The customer threatened to show the pictures of the kit, but Legacy offered a free completed Pink helmet to keep quiet. The helmet was not only a cast of the kit, but it didn't look any better. "The pinstripes were blotchy and not lined up with the helmets sculpt. It was horrible my visor was crushed in on one side and his excuse was that it must have gotten damaged in the shipping process and so on. I would never do business with him ever again."

Stunt Pink Kit from Jess:

Kit that was returned:

Free helmet that was sent as a sorry:

Old June 24th, 2017, 02:24 PM   #173
EvilGreenRanger-F5
Also known as PRMAYHEM

Now I'd love to take responsibility however as stated in my post yesterday people have been unhappy with his practises for a long time but for what ever reason they did not speak out. Following my post people began to tell their stories, with some others that have taken over a year and are still not finished! Quite frankly I think this is the best result for the fandom purely based on his recent history and practises. HOWEVER I would like to address his claim that I said that "we were good" in his post statin that he was shutting up shop. I in NO WAY, shape or form said any such thing. If he disagrees he is welcome to post the "proof". He offered me a free kit/buckle (potentially to encourage me not air my grievances) which I turned down and at no point was it mentioned, discussed or agreed that the partial refund (which remember was supposed to be half of the price of the helmet which is not what I received) was on the condition that I not post about my transaction, if it was I'd have turned down the partial refund. And finally, the money I spent minus the refund, is not "kit price" I own one of his kits and it was no where near as much as the money I lost out on during this transaction. (also through this post by John he states that he started working on a sculpt helmet for me then had to start again, news to me, so he lied about that also.) Trying to spin it again like the numerous times he told me it was going to be shipped when it wasn't even finished. He started out great by the look of it, but, hell even by his own admission, he has fallen far from that level of quality and service. Credit to him for finally realising what he was doing was wrong but at this point it is just too late to rectify it. He had been outed pulically for his bullshit and then he had to address it but byt that point the damage was done. Some people are not as experienced in cosplay props and receive items from people that charge less and say that the quality of the cosplay props are.....marvellous, when they are anything but. Don't get burned peeps.
Old June 26th, 2017, 12:31 AM   #174
graysonsyd
Drinking Coffee

eBay
Well, there's been a bit of activity over on the Instagram page. Not sure what this means in the grand scheme of things, but I guess we just have to wait and see. But nothing further has been said in regards to his post last week, so not sure how to interpret it all.

I wonder if there's been any movement in regards to outstanding orders or if anybody has been contacted...
Old June 26th, 2017, 11:42 AM   #175
brandonr117
Power Ranger

eBay

Now I'd love to take responsibility however as stated in my post yesterday people have been unhappy with his practises for a long time but for what ever reason they did not speak out. Following my post people began to tell their stories, with some others that have taken over a year and are still not finished! Quite frankly I think this is the best result for the fandom purely based on his recent history and practises. HOWEVER I would like to address his claim that I said that "we were good" in his post statin that he was shutting up shop. I in NO WAY, shape or form said any such thing. If he disagrees he is welcome to post the "proof". He offered me a free kit/buckle (potentially to encourage me not air my grievances) which I turned down and at no point was it mentioned, discussed or agreed that the partial refund (which remember was supposed to be half of the price of the helmet which is not what I received) was on the condition that I not post about my transaction, if it was I'd have turned down the partial refund. And finally, the money I spent minus the refund, is not "kit price" I own one of his kits and it was no where near as much as the money I lost out on during this transaction. (also through this post by John he states that he started working on a sculpt helmet for me then had to start again, news to me, so he lied about that also.) Trying to spin it again like the numerous times he told me it was going to be shipped when it wasn't even finished. He started out great by the look of it, but, hell even by his own admission, he has fallen far from that level of quality and service. Credit to him for finally realising what he was doing was wrong but at this point it is just too late to rectify it. He had been outed pulically for his bullshit and then he had to address it but byt that point the damage was done. Some people are not as experienced in cosplay props and receive items from people that charge less and say that the quality of the cosplay props are.....marvellous, when they are anything but. Don't get burned peeps.
I went through the same thing, though he didn't state it publicly. When I posted my review of my green ranger helmet on The Ranger Store and Power Rangers Buy, Trade and Sell. I got numerous of comments of people with the same story. John was ousted from both groups, and so was his business page. Ultimately, one comment stood out. Which was that John mentioned that I had rushed him. I ordered in November 1 2016, and didn't contact him for an update until January 31st. I was expecting 2 month turn-around as promised, but I gave him for time because of the holidays. He then gave me an excuse and pictures of some casts. I escalated my claim in March (next contact time), since my PayPal protection ended in April after 6 months. I said I was gonna put in a claim so I could invest in some other prop maker, but what do you know. I got my tracking the following week. I didn't want to be waiting 3 years, and more than likely never get my helmet (especially now since he is closing up). Also funnier is the fact that he PMs, that I should have handled the situation like a man. This was just a review, in which I never attacked his persona, just reviewed the product I had in my hands. He seems to love blaming customers for his shit quality work.
Btw, I think my review on The Ranger Store is still up.
brandonr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #176
Joseph09
Power Ranger

I got my Red Dino Charge helmet today. I ordered it last year during the 250 run sale. My helmet's quality is perfect. Only thing is it doesn't fit my head, but that is on me not him since I didn't do measurements since I didn't buy it to wear anyway. I never had communication problems with him either. We talked through email and I always got a reply back in good time.
Joseph09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #177
manson26
Flung Out of Space

That makes 2 people that have received their order in recent weeks. I have not received mine. I asked about it, again, and was told it's coming along. No date given.... I guess it's better than a lie about it shipping already.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 11:56 AM   #178
EvilGreenRanger-F5
Also known as PRMAYHEM

So his post about not taking anymroe orders and closing up shot has been deleted. Maybe trying to pull it off again now that the heat has died down?
Old August 2nd, 2017, 01:00 PM   #179
Joseph09
Power Ranger

So after looking at my helmet more(I'd just done a quick glance when I made that first post). It is flawed. The green eyes have bubbling in them, several areas have red paint that got into the white line. The mouth area has quite a bit of black paint on it. One area has a small chip of paint missing. This is a real bummer since this was my first helmet and I was promised it'd be flawless.
Joseph09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2017, 01:16 PM   #180
manson26
Flung Out of Space

So his post about not taking anymroe orders and closing up shot has been deleted. Maybe trying to pull it off again now that the heat has died down?
I noticed that and I wouldn't doubt it. I just hope there's enough of the negative reviews to keep people away.

Joseph09 wrote: View Post

So after looking at my helmet more(I'd just done a quick glance when I made that first post). It is flawed. The green eyes have bubbling in them, several areas have red paint that got into the white line. The mouth area has quite a bit of black paint on it. One area has a small chip of paint missing. This is a real bummer since this was my first helmet and I was promised it'd be flawless.
Post pics!