Home Menu

Menu

Old July 12th, 2019, 09:37 AM #721
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

Yeah, and with it seeming like the riders may be coming from rival companies, I imagine they're going to be butting heads. That's not to say he won't be heroic, but I'd be very surprised if he's on the same side as Zero-One at the start.
Timeline15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 09:44 AM #722
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future

I find it interesting that Falcon is a power up for Zero-One before becoming the basis of its own Rider. Kinda like what happened with Dragon in Build, I suppose.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 12th, 2019, 09:53 AM #723
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

GreenNinja wrote: View Post

I find it interesting that Falcon is a power up for Zero-One before becoming the basis of its own Rider. Kinda like what happened with Dragon in Build, I suppose.
One of my favorite things OOOs did (and Build did a little bit with the Bottles) is how he'd occasionally lose the Medals and get new ones throughout the show, so the Combos he could use would change constantly. There being a Rider who presumably takes Zero-One's power up and uses it for himself makes me hope there's gonna be a good bit of that in this show.
Cuchulainn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:00 AM #724
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

Cosmo773 wrote: View Post

Mammoths 3 forms.

Ah yes, the obligatory CGI robot.

Timeline15 wrote: View Post

And none of them is an actual mammoth mode xD.
I think they're using it in the adjective sense, not the animal sense.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:31 AM #725
> SuperStar
Power Ranger

SuperStar
Power Ranger

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Ah yes, the obligatory CGI robot.

I think they're using it in the adjective sense, not the animal sense.
Well it's activated by the Breaking Mammoth progrise card which has a picture of a mammoth on it, and the mech itself has a giant mammoth head on it.
SuperStar is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:47 AM #726
> |Dexter|
Boy Genius

|Dexter|
Boy Genius

I do hope this show will have better writers than Kamen Rider Zi-O! And really hope we get one main female rider and that she is not just set up as some silly extra character... or that she join the long history of Henshin Fails...
|Dexter| is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 11:36 AM #727
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

^ I agreed in that, if we consider Build was really stunning KR Show, now Zi-O could be much better develoment in story, for Zero-one i hope they really gives a good show, because the set-up much similar was Ex-Aid/Build is good, and the all the others Riders could come from others companys kind the same happens in Build and the all Civil War and the Main Antagonist always manipulated all in the case of Build it was Evolto, everything was set-up for is Goal.

The suits seems nice, soon we maybe get the synopsis of the Zero-One and the characters and villans
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 11:51 AM #728
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

|Dexter| wrote: View Post

I do hope this show will have better writers than Kamen Rider Zi-O! And really hope we get one main female rider and that she is not just set up as some silly extra character... or that she join the long history of Henshin Fails...
I'm enjoying Zi-O tons. Asking for "better writers" is a cop out when you can't describe what it is you can't enjoy about the show lol.

Valkyrie is almost definitely female. As for where her character sits when in reference to the others, it depends on the tone of the show, and how big of a risk they want to take.

Rider and Sentai will never not be boys' shows. They mitigated the risk by having her use the same Riser as Vulcan, but it's still a profit risk.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 12th, 2019, 12:23 PM #729
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Dukemon wrote: View Post

I'm enjoying Zi-O tons. Asking for "better writers" is a cop out when you can't describe what it is you can't enjoy about the show lol.
I enjoy Zi-O as well, but I do hope that whoever writes Zero-One is better at characterization. For example: Tsukuyomi's flip to anti Sougo after Zi-O II premiered. Particularly the suddenness of the flip. I think I would have preferred if she was still with Sougo, but was a bit more hesitant about her choice.

Valkyrie is almost definitely female. As for where her character sits when in reference to the others, it depends on the tone of the show, and how big of a risk they want to take.

Rider and Sentai will never not be boys' shows. They mitigated the risk by having her use the same Riser as Vulcan, but it's still a profit risk.
Toei is already testing waters by having a female rider off the bat. As for a profit risk, I'd argue that she only has two personal items in the toyline that (depending on if Lightning Hornet is sold separately) can be skipped if the consumer wants. Also assuming that her two keys are super important in the long run.
Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 12:32 PM #730
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Trey-El wrote: View Post

I enjoy Zi-O as well, but I do hope that whoever writes Zero-One is better at characterization. For example: Tsukuyomi's flip to anti Sougo after Zi-O II premiered. Particularly the suddenness of the flip. I think I would have preferred if she was still with Sougo, but was a bit more hesitant about her choice.

Toei is already testing waters by having a female rider off the bat. As for a profit risk, I'd argue that she only has two personal items in the toyline that (depending on if Lightning Hornet is sold separately) can be skipped if the consumer wants. Also assuming that her two keys are super important in the long run.

I didn't really see Tsukuyomi's position as flipping, I just think she was always on Geiz' side in that regard. But fair enough hehe.

And yes, they're definitely actively taking the risk. I believe Lightning Hornet, and most of the Progrize Keys are sold individually. She does have her main key packaged with the key holders, though that also comes with the Belt set.

So technically, 3 dedicated pieces of merch. The real question is if she gets a power up or not.
Old July 12th, 2019, 12:33 PM #731
> Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

You know you canít be positive about everythingís. Itís not healthy.

There are issue with the kamen rider zi-o series. Itís been very inconsistent with its characters

-why does tsukyomi like spicy food? Where have we seen this character quirk?

- the kiva arc that got shafted for woz getting his upgrade

-
Gold Samurai is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 12:36 PM #732
> AtoMan
Now read my post again

AtoMan
Now read my post again

I didn't even notice her liking spicy food. Was that ever mentioned?
AtoMan is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 12:38 PM #733
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

You know you canít be positive about everythingís. Itís not healthy.

There are issue with the kamen rider zi-o series. Itís been very inconsistent with its characters

-why does tsukyomi like spicy food? Where have we seen this character quirk?

-
-Does Tsukuyomi like spicy food? Was that a thing? A lot of people like spicy food lol

-The Kiva Arc got shafted because it was the only one left where it made sense. They didn't have any of the riders back, so it wasn't exactly like they were able to do Kiva things with it.

I find there is very little joy in being negative about things lol. Does Zi-O have issues? Yeah. So does every season of every TV show. I like Zi-O more for its issues, because it realizes it has them, and it has fun with them. It's a time travel show, but I digress. This isn't the Zi-O thread.
Old July 12th, 2019, 01:17 PM #734
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

It was mentioned once that she liked spicy food. Why is this a big deal? It's just a character quirk brought up for one scene. Also, her reason for turning against Sougo (that he was now using powers she had only ever seen Oma Zi-O use and, for the first time, she could seriously anticipate him becoming Oma Zi-O) made sense in context. I think a lot of people just don't like seeing the female lead do something that goes against the hero, even with justification, even if he is in the wrong

Wanting to mitigate any "risk" to sales will be part of the reason why the Valkyrie design isn't overly-girly. It does get a bit tiring when every damn female Rider design has to have pink and / or heart shapes - not that there isn't a place for that (I love Poppy's suit), but you can't do it when you want a woman as your tertiary Rider

Although I enjoy Zi-O, Shimoyama is known as a writer who'll just do whatever the producer tells him, which works for a show like Zi-O that has to fit past stuff in but I'm pretty sure Toei will have made a more adventurous pick for head writer of this show even if it's not Takahashi/Kanehiro as rumoured
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 01:35 PM #735
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

Trey-El
Krypton Ranger

screamqueen wrote: View Post

Also, her reason for turning against Sougo (that he was now using powers she had only ever seen Oma Zi-O use and, for the first time, she could seriously anticipate him becoming Oma Zi-O) made sense in context. I think a lot of people just don't like seeing the female lead do something that goes against the hero, even with justification, even if he is in the wrong.
Oh no, I know her reasoning is sound. It's just that to me, Tsukuyomi's whole goal was to stop Sougo from gaining Zi-O's powers, but switched it to guiding him. I just think that if she still wanted to guide him to be a better Zi-O, she could of still been there for him during those however many episodes she was against him. It was refreshing to see a female lead be against the hero though I will admit. Anyway, this isn't the place for all this Zi-O talk and we can continue this if you want in the actual thread.

Anyway, what is everyone's hopes for Zero-One as a series. Other than "better writing"?
Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 01:41 PM #736
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

GokaiGold
Frozen Passion

Better villains. Not to focus too hard on Zi-O, but the Time Jackers are so boring and uninteresting. Maybe it's unfair after Build and Ex-Aid which had charismatic and strong villain characters, but I think it's one of the glaring issues with Zi-O.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 01:48 PM #737
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Hoping for maybe an older, employed protagonist like Shinnosuke. Since there's a business theme lightly baked in, I think a salaryman-turned-Rider would be an interesting dynamic.
Cuchulainn is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 01:53 PM #738
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Better villains. Not to focus too hard on Zi-O, but the Time Jackers are so boring and uninteresting. Maybe it's unfair after Build and Ex-Aid which had charismatic and strong villain characters, but I think it's one of the glaring issues with Zi-O.
Throwing in a new character as the endgame villain late in the story annoys me - like Gold Drive or Cronus (although he was popular with the Japanese fans so we might get another character like that, especially if Ex-Aid's writer is back). I would rather the show didn't do that

Hoping the monster of the week designs will look good, the writing will be kind to Valkyrie, the soundtrack is at least decent, and the hero is someone I can support - i.e. doesn't have a personality like Tsukasa
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 02:08 PM #739
> Galaxy
Power Ranger

Galaxy
Power Ranger

I'm really liking the designs that we're seeing. i'm also excited for the concept of having a female rider in the main series (and fairly early on). Hopefully she survives the series. I know a female Rider is considered a risk, but if Sentai can have female rangers in literally every series except Sun Vulcan and still work from a financial standpoint, then Kamen Rider could stand to have more women be full Riders (instead of just doing movie exclusives/temporary female Riders).

If Valkyrie is a female Rider, hopefully she gets a good amount to do and isn't just a "damsel in distress" Rider. Basically, I get that she'd be the third/tertiary Rider, but hopefully she's a relatively strong character and not someone who constantly has to get bailed out by Zero-One/the secondary Rider (at least not anymore then the average third string and weaker secondary Riders).
Galaxy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 02:23 PM #740
> SmashZ
Power Ranger

SmashZ
Power Ranger

Gold Samurai wrote: View Post

-
The Kiva arc got "shafted" because they got Inoue to write it and he just isn't good nowadays. At least the obligatory Inoue episode this time was for something completely irrelevant, while in the last anniversary Rider season he got to mess up Decade's power up debut and the set up for the second half of the series, alongside Diend's past.
SmashZ is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote