Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:24 PM #641
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,474
Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,474



Timeline15 wrote: View Post

No, we know Valkyrie's a separate rider, the debate is just over whether said rider is female or not.
Ok, if it's indeed a separate Rider, then I adjust my point as:

"the idea that Valkyrie will be just another male rider have some credence."

I want to be wrong though.
Spider-Phoenix is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:26 PM #642
Ataruman's Avatar
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,685
Ataruman
Adorable and Epic
Ataruman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,685



I sort of think it will be female if only because of the animals they're using for Valkyrie. We got a cheetah, which tends to be associated with females (and oh yeah, we have Cheetah appearing in Wonder Woman 1984 next year); and we have a hornet...and while sort of applying, the first ever female kaijin was "Bee Woman". Plus considering the strange connections this season has to Kikaider 01, one of the three heroic androids of the season was a female named Bijinder, who was also one of the first female toku heroes in general. (appearing in 1973, two years before Momorenger...despite some questionable elements like her nipple beams)

It may not be female but Valkyrie does feel like it is leaning in that direction so far.
Ataruman is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:26 PM #643
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,778
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,778



Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

In one of the most recent Beyblade's series, the BOY protagonist had a beyblade called "Valkyrie" and even his symbol looks like a dude in armor.
Don't forget about this dude twenty years earlier:

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:28 PM #644
Trey-El's Avatar
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 486
Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
Trey-El's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 486



I know this may not really mean anything overall, but Valkyrie's figure looks pretty feminine to me. Also, in the images for Punching Kong and Lightning Hornet, the belt seems to be higher up on Valkyrie than on Vulcan. Not saying it's proof Valkyrie is a female, but I think this one has more credence than Zi-O being a female did.
Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:28 PM #645
screamqueen's Avatar
> screamqueen
Power Ranger
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 709
screamqueen
Power Ranger
screamqueen's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 709



Ataruman wrote: View Post

I sort of think it will be female if only because of the animals they're using for Valkyrie. We got a cheetah, which tends to be associated with females (and oh yeah, we have Cheetah appearing in Wonder Woman 1984 next year); and we have a hornet...and while sort of applying, the first ever female kaijin was "Bee Woman". Plus considering the strange connections this season has to Kikaider 01, one of the three heroic androids of the season was a female named Bijinder, who was also one of the first female toku heroes in general. (appearing in 1973, two years before Momorenger...despite some questionable elements like her nipple beams)

It may not be female but Valkyrie does feel like it is leaning in that direction so far.
Since it looks like the show does feature android characters, prayer circle that Valkyrie does NOT have nipple beams regardless of gender
screamqueen is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:30 PM #646
GreenNinja's Avatar
> ⚡GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 34,805
GreenNinja
Ninja of the Future
GreenNinja's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 34,805



The animal forms are giving me a slight Build/OOO vibe, but I'm curious to see how Zero-One does it differently.
GreenNinja is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:42 PM #647
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
> FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 289
FerrousMaelstrom
Power Ranger
FerrousMaelstrom's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 289



Has a female Rider got a form change? How much are you willing to stretch? Nico had Ride Player and Nico Snipe but she's officially not a Rider, and the later is a stage-show exclusive. Dark Necrom Y had her default damashii and got to use Nobunaga (someone else's form that probably requires a really minor costume change). But if Valkyrie is female (and I certainly hope so), she'll be the first one to get a proper normal form change.
FerrousMaelstrom is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:46 PM #648
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,009
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,009



The Simple Desight, and Valkyria was great, and i imagine we going to had a gimmick much similar to the Ex-Aid/Build, but with the Power-ups more devided between the others Riders
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:47 PM #649
Sevenlima's Avatar
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,750
Sevenlima
Power Ranger
Sevenlima's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,750



The showa era, still lives.
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:56 PM #650
Timeline15's Avatar
> Timeline15
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 726
Timeline15
Power Ranger
Timeline15's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 726



Specialform12 has translated the scans: https://twitter.com/SpecialForm12/st...88265130213376

Not much we didn't know, and they mistakenly say that Valkyrie uses the 01 Driver, but they describe the functions of the weapons.
Timeline15 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:10 PM #651
Akumaru's Avatar
> Akumaru
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,009
Akumaru
Power Ranger
Akumaru's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,009



^ The Scans really are stunning, and anxious to see him in action ! The Zero-One had is Mecha armor, kind reminds when Ex-Aid is own Mecha too, KR Vulcan is one best look suits too, and Kamen Rider Horobi could be the concept of Anti-villan like in Build, honest anxious to see the villans now, the Suits are amaing !
Akumaru is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:34 PM #652
> DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,272
DekaRed Prime
Plus Ultra!
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,272



Trey-El wrote: View Post

I know this may not really mean anything overall, but Valkyrie's figure looks pretty feminine to me. Also, in the images for Punching Kong and Lightning Hornet, the belt seems to be higher up on Valkyrie than on Vulcan. Not saying it's proof Valkyrie is a female, but I think this one has more credence than Zi-O being a female did.
But... but... Zi-O had bewbs!
DekaRed Prime is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:35 PM #653
Sevenlima's Avatar
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,750
Sevenlima
Power Ranger
Sevenlima's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,750



Zero-one sounds like have potential, i hope this show have something new, fresh and different than the Heisei riders similar how Kuuga was to the Showa riders.
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:36 PM #654
Timeline15's Avatar
> Timeline15
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 726
Timeline15
Power Ranger
Timeline15's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 726



DekaRed Prime wrote: View Post

But... but... Zi-O had bewbs!
Hey now, you don't need to bring those up. Seiji Takaiwa's very sensitive about his weight these days.
Timeline15 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:42 PM #655
> GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,259
GokaiGold
Frozen Passion
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,259



Sevenlima wrote: View Post

i hope this show have something new, fresh and different
Techno animal themed showa inspired. Not yet .

DekaRed Prime wrote: View Post

But... but... Zi-O had bewbs!
In my head canon, Zi-O still does.
GokaiGold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 03:48 PM #656
Sevenlima's Avatar
> Sevenlima
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,750
Sevenlima
Power Ranger
Sevenlima's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,750



GokaiGold wrote: View Post

Techno animal themed showa inspired. Not yet ..
At least, probably the plot will be different from the Heisei ones.
Sevenlima is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 04:23 PM #657
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,778
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 81,778



Sevenlima wrote: View Post

At least, probably the plot will be different from the Heisei ones.
Heisei plots weren't similar to each other.

...Well, except Kuuga and Agito. And Ryuki and Gaim. And Faiz and Fourze. And Den-O and Kiva. And Decade and Zi-O. Okay, Heisei plots were pretty similar to each other.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 04:32 PM #658
Timeline15's Avatar
> Timeline15
Power Ranger
 
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 726
Timeline15
Power Ranger
Timeline15's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 726



AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

Heisei plots weren't similar to each other.

...Well, except Kuuga and Agito. And Ryuki and Gaim. And Faiz and Fourze. And Den-O and Kiva. And Decade and Zi-O. Okay, Heisei plots were pretty similar to each other.
OK, wait, what? How is Faiz anything like Fourze? One is literally about no-one getting along because the entire show is a game of Chinese whispers, and the other is about the power of friendship solving everything.
Timeline15 is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
  Likes: (1)
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 11th, 2019, 05:08 PM #659
Trey-El's Avatar
> Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 486
Trey-El
Krypton Ranger
Trey-El's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 486



The crazy part to me is that Zero-One seems to have two upgrade forms in Q1. If you compare the helmets alone of the Zero-One form at the end of the line of RKF figures and the helmet for Shining Hopper over the associated Progrise Key, there's extra antennae on the RKF figure that Shining doesn't have.





Trey-El is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 05:42 PM #660
Riderdimension's Avatar
> Riderdimension
The only one
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,085
Riderdimension
The only one
Riderdimension's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,085



the art may be slightly different, but they're obviously the same form
Riderdimension is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.