Home Menu

Menu

Old July 11th, 2019, 10:53 AM #621
> FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

FlameDragon
VIP Ranger

Timeline15 wrote: View Post

I gotta say though, the amount the toyline seems biased against Valkyrie does lend credence to them being female. Fewest form changes, shares Vulcan's belt which is coloured to match Vulcan, no colour-matched attaché weapon; if that doesn't spell "female" in Toei's terms I don't know what does. xD
I don't know. having two forms right of the bat in the 1st Quarter, and being the Third Rider to debut will definitely be a massive step up from how Female Riders were presented in Heisei. plus, maybe she'll get a formal update in Q2.
FlameDragon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:01 AM #622
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

i love the fact that Vulcan reminds me of double, hornet of zabee from kabuto and zero-one reminds me of OOO, horobi dark riders in general hope the story is as good as the designs
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:34 AM #623
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

The mere fact we have a female Rider from the beginning at all is progress. Let's just hope the writing justifies it.
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:39 AM #624
> moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

moonknight2099
Ja no Michi on Stage!

true lets hope she isn't cursed like previous female riders so far I think natsumi and poppy and dark necrom P are the only survives, Larc is an odd one her missing ace version died while her A.R world survived
moonknight2099 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:46 AM #625
> maslego
Idea Ranger

maslego
Idea Ranger

moonknight2099 wrote: View Post

true lets hope she isn't cursed like previous female riders so far I think natsumi and poppy and dark necrom P are the only survives, Larc is an odd one her missing ace version died while her A.R world survived
Watch, she somehow ends up being the only survivor by the end.
maslego is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:46 AM #626
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

Kamen Rider Mage survived as well. (Also Nadeshiko didn't stay dead if that counts)
Timeline15 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 11:52 AM #627
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

First of all, any Rider death is a choice made by the creative team. Implying female Riders are "cursed" is outright insulting, they die because writers (usually male) kill them off for cheap drama or to further a male character's story. It's not "just something unfortunate that happens""

And the only female Riders who have died permanently within the last ten years are Marika and Idunn in Gaim, not because they're female but because they're villains in a show with a high death rate where about half the featured Riders died. Unless Valkyrie is a villain (unlikely) I think she'll be fine.
screamqueen is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 12:27 PM #628
> AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon
Ride of the Valkyrie

screamqueen wrote: View Post

And the only female Riders who have died permanently within the last ten years are Marika and Idunn in Gaim, not because they're female but because they're villains in a show with a high death rate where about half the featured Riders died.
Rider Women dying is yet another pattern fans try to force long after the application has lost merit.

Yoko lasting essentially the entirety of Kamen Rider Gaim basically shattered the myth all by itself. It's not about who dies, it's about what they meant when they lived.
AkaPrimoWhiteDragon is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 12:55 PM #629
> Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Ataruman
Adorable and Epic

Yoko lived? Most of her time was either attaching herself to Takatora or attaching herself to Kaito. (oh and having one of the more useful Jimber powers for Kouta)
Ataruman is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 01:19 PM #630
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

Ataruman wrote: View Post

Yoko lived? Most of her time was either attaching herself to Takatora or attaching herself to Kaito. (oh and having one of the more useful Jimber powers for Kouta)
She was trying to be a kingmaker (basically Micchy but without the deception). She just wanted a king she could have influence over. Not to mention she kicked arse on her own. It took Kachidoki arms for Kouta to overpower her.
Old July 11th, 2019, 01:21 PM #631
> Allio
Power Ranger

Allio
Power Ranger

I wished we had gotten a Marika gaiden so that we could have delved into her Marycomplex that was talked about.
Allio is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 01:24 PM #632
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

She was trying to be a kingmaker (basically Micchy but without the deception). She just wanted a king she could have influence over. Not to mention she kicked arse on her own. It took Kachidoki arms for Kouta to overpower her.
It's just terribly convenient (LOL) that the only female Rider is the one who won't even try to take power for herself and wants to give it to a powerful man. Then "falls in love " with Kaito and dies saving him. I'm hoping for a better outcome for Valkyrie although even if we don't get it, some progress has been made by virtue of her being the tertiary Rider and not pink
Old July 11th, 2019, 01:28 PM #633
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

I'm hoping for a better outcome for Valkyrie although even if we don't get it, some progress has been made by virtue of her being the tertiary Rider and not pink
That and 'she' has a form change. Has that ever happened before?
Old July 11th, 2019, 01:31 PM #634
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

That and 'she' has a form change. Has that ever happened before?
Don't think so

(standard disclaimer: still not confirmed Valkyrie is female but I'm inclined to believe it because of the name, the fact that cheetah motifs are often associated with female characters and the character not having a unique belt / weapon)
Old July 11th, 2019, 01:43 PM #635
> Akumaru
Power Ranger

Akumaru
Power Ranger

The desights are great, bring Zero-One now !!! Anxious to see the villans...
Akumaru is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:01 PM #636
> Adara.2
Power Ranger

Adara.2
Power Ranger

Gonna be interesting to see whatever Midseason Form Zero-One gets that will be implied to be able to fight evenly with whatever overpowered form Zi-O gets for the crossover movie.
Adara.2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:15 PM #637
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

Adara.2 wrote: View Post

Gonna be interesting to see whatever Midseason Form Zero-One gets that will be implied to be able to fight evenly with whatever overpowered form Zi-O gets for the crossover movie.
Heisei generations forever didn't have a "let's both kick the villain with my final form and your first quarter upgrade" scene (hell, Sento didn't even use Genius). So we may not get that. But then, that was an anniversary movie, and Sento didn't have his final form at the time, so...
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:16 PM #638
> Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

Spider-Phoenix
Setting things right

At least, if Valkyrie is indeed female, her name refers to a warrior rather than "beautiful woman"

I mean, Zero-One already has 5 form changes to Vulcan's 2 and Valkyrie's 1, but I'm pleasantly surprised they have them at all tbh.

I gotta say though, the amount the toyline seems biased against Valkyrie does lend credence to them being female. Fewest form changes, shares Vulcan's belt which is coloured to match Vulcan, no colour-matched attaché weapon; if that doesn't spell "female" in Toei's terms I don't know what does. xD
GokaiGold wrote: View Post

The name "Valkyrie" gives enough credence to that.

It's Toei. Never. Assume. Anything. It's not like Valkyries are typically based on Cheetahs after all.
As for this whole "Valkyrie" thing, just throwing this:

In one of the most recent Beyblade's series, the BOY protagonist had a beyblade called "Valkyrie" and even his symbol looks like a dude in armor.

So, yeah, the idea that Valkyrie will just be a form of the male Zero-One or Vulcan have some credence.
Spider-Phoenix is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:21 PM #639
> Timeline15
Power Ranger

Timeline15
Power Ranger

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

So, yeah, the idea that Valkyrie will just be a form of the male Zero-One or Vulcan have some credence.
No, we know Valkyrie's a separate rider, the debate is just over whether said rider is female or not.
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:21 PM #640
> screamqueen
Power Ranger

screamqueen
Power Ranger

Spider-Phoenix wrote: View Post

As for this whole "Valkyrie" thing, just throwing this:

In one of the most recent Beyblade's series, the BOY protagonist had a beyblade called "Valkyrie" and even his symbol looks like a dude in armor.

Male or not, it looks very much like a separate Rider not a form change, especially given what the other existing form changes are called