Home Menu

Menu

Old July 12th, 2019, 01:01 PM #41
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

Steep as the goal is, they're already at $15k in the first few hours, and that's before any of the typical websites will circulate it and give it steam. I won't be surprised if it gets funded.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 01:03 PM #42
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

As much as I believe everyone, I would like some clarity on that fact.

Does Bat in the Sun specifically have a history of abandoning projects? They're such a well-known name in the field, as opposed to most of the random PR fan filmmakers.
They follow through. I have no doubt this will happen. But thatís not the point. The point is this is an offensive amount of money to ask for and we, as a fandom, shouldnít just blindly hand it over.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 01:08 PM #43
> Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

Zeo Cereal
Retired Gangster

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

it's all so... typical, ya know? Dystopian "gritty, darker... Netflix-y? (Gotta love Johnny)" Power Rangers rehash. In a world, and even in this video itself, where everything gets compared to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I still haven't seen anyone in all those years focus on the fact that the Marvel movies are always DIFFERENT. Give us a heist, or a psychological thriller, or an out-and-out horror movie, it doesn't always have to be HUDs and edgelord conflict.
Nobody working on these projects has the confidence in PR to be anything other than "stupid and silly" or "dark and gritty". They're desperate to assert PR isn't the former, by making it the latter. There's a reason they don't borrow the tone from Iron Man, and just go for the visual flourish. Iron Man and The Avengers had the confidence to have fun, and take the piss. Power Rangers is too ashamed.

The people working on these projects only know a particular side of Power Rangers. They haven't watched The Rescue Mission, they haven't watched Yesterday Again, they haven't watched Lost and Found in Translation, they haven't watched Silence is Golden. All these projects exist in a bubble where PR has never been self-aware, or genre bending.

This is reenforced by the actors, who wanted to do quote unquote more on PR. Johnny wants Adam to die. JDF wants to be Wolverine. I get it, working on a kids' show is restrictive, but the pushback is so adolescent.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:31 PM #44
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

Let's be realistic...that's what we are to them. 10 years ago you could get an autograph and picture with them and still have change from a $20 bill. Now, you are paying more than some of us making in a full day's work.
Definitely not really wrong. The firm PMC I bought a couple of the autographs, but most of them were free. From what people say, that definitely isn't happening much if at all now. Though some of that might not entirely be because of the actors specifically, but because of con culture blowing up, but yeah.

You know, the White Dragon thing looked fun. I mean I don't have the money nor would I help fund it. Well, if it was pretty close to its goal I might consider like $25 but that's it. Still, it looks neat and could be a fun movie. I hope it gets funded, why not.

With that though, even as I'm not one of JDF Hate Brigade members, I rolled my eyes at it being so heavily about JDF's character being the center and legendary hero and yada yada. But no, the trailer looked fun. I laughed though after it with the exchange between JDF and JYB. Talking about wanting to work together, but it being 17 years. I couldn't help thing, "What, JYB could reach out and get JDF an anime voice acting gig along the way?" I know, I know, just was having fun with it.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:34 PM #45
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Lol, watching JDF try to emote is the best thing about the whole endeavour and rings crystal clear what the world knows in that... The man can't act. Like at all.

And I called this as a vanity project from the jump and that is exactly what it is. If JDF really wanted to promote his kid he could fund it himself, asking fans to do it is sleazy as hell.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:37 PM #46
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Not Only is this once again another project about jdf being the center of the universe, heís also trying to really make his daughter a thing.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:41 PM #47
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

And lol, they're not even using the word Power Rangers at all on this which means they don't have Hasbro's blessing... this is all just going to be "Power Rangers" with a few things off. Which means these aren't Tommy, Wes, Gia, & Adam. You're just supposed to let your nostalgia float you through this.
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:44 PM #48
> AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

AkaCornSnackEtc
Give Praise Unto Me

Xenotome wrote: View Post

And lol, they're not even using the word Power Rangers at all on this which means they don't have Hasbro's blessing... this is all just going to be "Power Rangers" with a few things off. Which means these aren't Tommy, Wes, Gia, & Adam. You're just supposed to let your nostalgia float you through this.
Tom, Wesly, Adaim, and Mia.

Calling it now.
AkaCornSnackEtc is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:50 PM #49
> OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

"Incredible story, incredible action,"

I tuned out as soon as Mada played the pronoun game with "She's alive." Just horrible.
OmegaRedMkII is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 04:59 PM #50
> Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

Spoony Spoonerson
...like a WRECKING BALL!

I honestly don't see why Bat In The Sun is pursuing this kind of ambitious fan-film project when they've already had success using Power Rangers in their Superhero Beatdown series. Saban didn't seem to mind. Just do more of that, rather than a ridiculously high kickstarter goal.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 05:29 PM #51
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Spoony Spoonerson wrote: View Post

I honestly don't see why Bat In The Sun is pursuing this kind of ambitious fan-film project when they've already had success using Power Rangers in their Superhero Beatdown series. Saban didn't seem to mind. Just do more of that, rather than a ridiculously high kickstarter goal.
Because Saban isn't involved. Hasbro didn't want to be in this given all of *gestures* THIS.

And what I think is hilarious "How much does an episode of a Marvel Netflix show cost? $3M? Well we're going to do that with just $500K." so that $2.5M is just bureaucracy?
Old July 12th, 2019, 05:30 PM #52
> AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

AkaBunnyUnicorn
Crazy Alien Bunny Thing

And what I think is hilarious "How much does an episode of a Marvel Netflix show cost? $3M? Well we're going to do that with just $500K." so that $2.5M is just bureaucracy?
Hey now, craft services ain't cheap!
AkaBunnyUnicorn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 05:54 PM #53
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

Lol, watching JDF try to emote is the best thing about the whole endeavour and rings crystal clear what the world knows in that... The man can't act. Like at all.
Give it up,JDF...you can`t act!

See?You can`t even sound like yourself!

"Awwman!"
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 06:00 PM #54
> RiffRanger
Justice For No One

RiffRanger
Justice For No One

And I called this as a vanity project from the jump and that is exactly what it is. If JDF really wanted to promote his kid he could fund it himself, asking fans to do it is sleazy as hell.
JDF literally doesn't do anything that's not a vanity project.
RiffRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 06:16 PM #55
> yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

yami senshi youkaiou
MCU Darkhawk

Eh it looks okay I probably won't donate to it though. I also thought this was already the plot of a Boom comic but it was called Soul of the Dragon
yami senshi youkaiou is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 06:31 PM #56
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

steventoo wrote: View Post

Stretch Goals:
MOAR BIGGER BLOWINGS UP
MOAR BIGGER VIOLENCES
MOAR BIGGER ZOR.....er... GIANT ROBOTZ!
And like... it's all CGI. Bigger Blowings Up is dictated on you just using a bigger explosion, not how much money you bring in...

And frankly "The White Dragon" sounds like a someone who is scouring the world for more meth. Not helped by "The White Dragon Crystal" literally looks like Crystal Meth. I'm just looking to parTy and blow clouds. You down?

Last edited by Xenotome; July 12th, 2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old July 12th, 2019, 06:34 PM #57
> CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

CheckeredRanger
Becky Lynch>Everyone

It`d be hilarious if this movie got merged with the Order and became a new movie entitled "The Order of the Dragon"

Now watch it happen for real
CheckeredRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 06:44 PM #58
> toejammer
Power Ranger

toejammer
Power Ranger

So i finally got around to watching and reading everything after just seeing the huge asking fee in 30 days.

I feel they should have given us like a good 20 or so minutes of content and THEN say how they want to expand the story and make it feature length and thus ask the fanbase to help out. Atleast that way we have abit of meat to what weíre being asked to pay for. With how their promos were, i thought we was getting something more complete. Im not mad at them though, i know BITS try to aim big with their quality and give the best they can.

Shout out to the people who paid 1k already. I wonder if anyone will actually go for the 10k.
toejammer is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 06:46 PM #59
> mjt2
Quark tastic

mjt2
Quark tastic

3% less embarrassing than the Order trailer. If thatís not progress, I donít know what is.
mjt2 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 06:57 PM #60
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

This isn't going to make its funding goal. This first day is critical and we're sitting at after 8 hours with ~$30K. Heroes of the Grid asked for $100K for the entire campaign and blew past that in literally 8 hours.

There's virtually no discussion about it on Twitter.

Tags
ranger fandom atm, space dumpster fire