Home Menu

Menu

Old March 16th, 2018, 05:51 AM #781
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

AngieYaz wrote: View Post

At least there is SOME sleep-inducing scheme here.
Because it's boring lol? I'm not following...
BrownRangerKev is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 04:54 PM #782
> AngieYaz
Power Ranger

AngieYaz
Power Ranger

BrownRangerKev wrote: View Post

Because it's boring lol? I'm not following...
Zordon: The only cure for them is to sleep it off.

Gave you a clue.
AngieYaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2018, 10:01 AM #783
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Gave you a clue.
Ah! Lol I wasn't sure which chapter you read haha.
Old March 17th, 2018, 07:44 PM #784
> AngieYaz
Power Ranger

AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Ah! Lol I wasn't sure which chapter you read haha.
Now you know. Keep up the good work!
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:40 AM #785
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Thanks Angie!
Old March 19th, 2018, 08:39 PM #786
> AngieYaz
Power Ranger

AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Thanks Angie!
You're very welcome! This is incredible!

Here's the scene I was referring to earlier.

Alpha: (Turns around) Now… to focus on these tw—huh?

(Bemused, he finds Rocky and Tommy leaning against the control panel, huddled up against one another. They are fast asleep.)

Tommy: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ….

Rocky: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ…..

Zordon: They have been asleep for quite some time, Alpha.

Alpha: They… just crashed? What should we do?

Zordon: Nothing, Alpha. Whatever they’ve been afflicted with might be cured by simply “sleeping it off” as the humans put it.

Alpha: (Shakes head) Aye, ya, yai…

Last edited by AngieYaz; March 19th, 2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old March 20th, 2018, 09:17 AM #787
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

You're very welcome! This is incredible!

Here's the scene I was referring to earlier.
I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. Let me know what you think when you're able to read the others!
Old March 21st, 2018, 07:37 AM #788
> AngieYaz
Power Ranger

AngieYaz
Power Ranger

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. Let me know what you think when you're able to read the others!
I have read the others and they're fantastic!
Old March 22nd, 2018, 05:46 AM #789
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Glad you liked them.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 02:47 PM #790
> AngieYaz
Power Ranger

AngieYaz
Power Ranger

Glad you liked them.
Keep up the good work!
Old April 6th, 2018, 01:39 PM #791
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

The next chapter is coming along nicely despite work kicking my ass the past couple weeks.

I'm hoping to have it up by next Friday!
Old April 6th, 2018, 08:33 PM #792
> AngieYaz
Power Ranger

AngieYaz
Power Ranger

The next chapter is coming along nicely despite work kicking my ass the past couple weeks.

I'm hoping to have it up by next Friday!
I kinda feel bad that not every Zeo monster is present in your take on Zeo though.
Old April 9th, 2018, 06:24 AM #793
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

I kinda feel bad that not every Zeo monster is present in your take on Zeo though.
The rest of the Machine Empire hasn't been introduced yet. In time they will.

As for the MOTW's, well. I only have so many chapters remaining.
Old April 10th, 2018, 10:48 AM #794
> AngieYaz
Power Ranger

AngieYaz
Power Ranger

The rest of the Machine Empire hasn't been introduced yet. In time they will.

As for the MOTW's, well. I only have so many chapters remaining.
Yay! =D So excited!
Old April 24th, 2018, 02:08 PM #795
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Season 4 - Episode 4: The Mutiny Part 5; The Overlord

Zordon: With the blessing of Jason, Zack and Trini, Rocky, Adam and Aisha have been selected as their successors. And in my opinion, they have made the right decisions.

(We begin today in the command center… Only this doesn’t appear to be the present day, but from a year ago. Jason, Zack and Trini are in the command center for one last time after choosing their successors before leaving for the Peace Conference.)

Jason: (Nods) You guys ready for the transfer?

Rocky: (Grins) Ready as I’ll ever be.

Zordon: Okay rangers, new rangers, stand in formation with the leader holding the sword in the air.

(Tommy walks over to Jason to hand him the sword. He turns to Trini before getting in line.)

Jason: You joining us, Trini?

(She hesitates for a second as everyone is in formation but her.)

Trini: No, I’m not.

Jason: What?!

Robbie: …What?!?!

(She catches everyone by surprise, as up to this point she’s been the biggest advocate for this, even at the expense of her own relationship.)

Trini: I’ve changed my mind. I’m staying right here in Angel Grove.

Robbie: Trini, are you sure?!

Kimberly: Yeah girl. Don’t be an idiot!

Billy: This moment is all you’ve been talking about for months. Please reconsider before you throw this away.

Trini: I’ve thought about it. And yeah, this is a great opportunity. But what I’m throwing away now is nothing to what I risk throwing away if I go…

(She slowly turns to Robbie, who looks floored.)

Trini: Robbie, I’ll stay here. You’re right, I don’t have to go through with this. I have everything I could ever want right here.

(She places her hand on his chest, as he prepares to do something he’d never think he’d do.)

Robbie: No, you don’t. Trini, you don’t mean that.

Trini: Yes I do Robbie. I love you.

(Robbie’s heart sings at the sound of her voice uttering those words. But still...)

Robbie: I love you too Trini. More than you could ever know…

(He places his hand over the hand on his chest.)

Robbie: That’s why I can’t let you do this. I can’t let you make that mistake. Not for me.

Trini: …

Robbie: This is the moment you’ve been working toward you’re whole life. You have the whole world ahead of you. I’m… just some hoodlum.

Trini: …but you’re not!

(He puts his hand up as if to ask her to stop. Both their eyes begin to water.)

Robbie: Stop… please Trini. This is extremely hard for me. Just go. I’ll be here when you get back.

(She responds softly, as her voice begins to give out.)

Trini: Thank you… and I will be back. I promise.

(They look into each other’s eyes for the final time before she leaves. The image fades away as we return to the present time. Robbie is rushing into the burning UN headquarters in Switzerland after an aerial assault left the building crumbling. The same building Trini was in moments ago.)

Robbie: …

(Meanwhile, back in Angel Grove…)

“ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!”

(King Mondo, leader of the Machine Empire and apparent orchestrator of a worldwide invasion, leads an all-out attack on the command center. Massive, overwhelming hordes of robotic foot soldiers march forward, leading to panic inside the ranger’s home base.)
Billy: They’re heading this way.

Delphine: We’re outnumbered!

Aurico: And surrounded on all corners!

Corcus: What do we do Zordon?

Delphine: (Steps forward) We fight.

Billy: What!? No. You’ll be slaughtered. …I’m coming with you.

Zordon: No Billy.

Billy: Huh?

Zordon: I have other plans for you. Do not worry. The command center’s shields are fortified. Mondo also cannot enter through the main door without a power coin. Have faith in Delphine and the Aquitar rangers to hold off these forces. Your skillset is needed elsewhere.

Billy: (Hesitantly) …Uh… okay.

Delphine: We will not let you down, Zordon.

Zordon: I know you won’t Delphine. And may the power protect you.

Delphine: It’s morphing time!

“Rangers of Aquitar power up!”

(As Delphine thrusts her fist against her chest, she leads her men into battle. Much like Tommy prepares for battle IN Phoenix. Riding horseback with Sargent Sam Trueheart, they bolt for the city where the citizens and Trueheart’s whole department is under siege.)

Tommy: Look! There they are!

(Tommy points forward.)

Sam: My men!

(Horrified, he finds his Deputy’s down and scattered. Most of them not moving. Robot troops scattered about too, searching each of them for something.)

Sam: What do they want with them?!

Tommy: I don’t know. But they must be stopped.

(They quickly stop the horse some twenty yards away, dismount and charge toward the charred grounds where the large ship blasted down from the sky.)

Tommy: Sui-yaa!!

(Tommy bolts toward the crowd and gets to work, landing a double spin kick that knocks two robot foot soldiers away from an officer. A third approaches, but Tommy quickly backs him up with a boot, followed by a roundhouse kicks that knocks the enemy back. Trueheart gets in on the action too as he defends his men and his city. Landing a few spread out punches around him. Having less luck however he gets taken down to ta knee with a kick to the gut)

Sam: (Groans) …

(He doesn’t stay down however, landing crouched kicks in front and behind him to free him up.)

Robbie: Anybody here?! Anyone!!!

(They aren’t the only ones running into a fight either, as Robbie makes it through the front entrance of the Swiss UN Building and finds another pack of robot foot soldiers greeting him.)

Robbie: You! What are you things doing here?!

(He finds people laying around in the main lobby, but nobody seems to be moving. Worried for their safety, though Robbie finds it hard to breathe himself as smoke fills the lobby. It also obstructs his vision, making him an easy victim of a punch to the back of the head, knocking him down.)

Robbie: AHHH!!

(He takes a fall, rubbing his aching head while on the ground. Barely able to see in front of him, but finds a downed paramedic right in front of him. He shuffles over to tend to him.)

Robbie: Hey… hey you. Are you okay?

(But he gets no response. Robbie sighs defeated, figuring these robots are lying in wait, attacking anyone that walks in.)

Robbie: What do they want in here?

(He finds a paper mask by the paramedics’ side, grabs it and throws it over his face. Robbie then gets back up and gets in fighting stance.)

Robbie: Alright. You’re not taking me out that easily.

(Robbie ducks a punch coming at him and drills the enemy in the abdomen region. The blow still hurts his fist as it did the first time they faced off. After wincing momentarily, Robbie gets up and stomps him instead with his boot.)

Robbie: Huh…

(Backing up briefly, he comes into contact with a fire extinguisher on the wall. He grabs it and starts spraying down enemies left and right. It seems to be effective as anyone ti comes to contact with instantly short circuits and goes down. Before it runs out, Robbie cleans out most of the room and much of the smoke.)

Robbie: (Exhales) Guess that’s how it’s done.

(Before he could take much a respite, one more enemy appears right beside him and another in front of him. Robbie reactively uses all of his might to slams the extinguisher around, denting the first ones’ face. Then chucks the extinguisher forward to pin the other. Denting its chest. Not long after, the room clears.)

Robbie: (Gasps) …

(Robbie tries to recompose himself, having now the ability to see the room. Unfortunately, that now means he can see the people laying down unresponsive. He looks around to see if he recognizes anyone, but he doesn’t. It doesn’t make it any easier, but at least it isn’t harder. At least until he knows where everyone is.)

Robbie: (Alerted) Huh…?

(Suddenly, Robbie hears rustling from another room. He quickly presses against the wall and waits for them to step out.)

Robbie: (Controls heavy breathing) …

(He reaches for his back pocket and pulls out his tracking device designed to find the Zeo crystal. It’s shattered from the impact he took after the explosion. Thinking on his feet, he pulls out a shard of glass and holds it like a knife. The rustling moves yet again and sounds like slow footsteps moving toward the door.)

Robbie: …Dead man walking.

(Once it gets close enough Robbie lunges forward in attack mode. He freezes. Shard still in hand, coming face to face with the person on the other side.)

Robbie: ………………………

Zack: …what’s good, homie?

Robbie: (Gasps) Zack!

(Robbie instantly drops the makeshift weapon, and lunges forward again. This time for a tight, instinctive hug.)

Robbie: (Exhales) Whoa man. It’s been ages.

Zack: I miss you too, bro…

(Thankful that he stopped short of killing Zack, Robbie fills with an excitement that seems out of place in a burning building. Upon letting go and backing away, he notes that Zack is wearing street clothes and a high top fade, reminiscent of what he was used to seeing on Zack every day back home.)

Robbie: They uh… have a lax dress code in the UN, huh?

Zack: (Shrugs) Casual Friday.

Robbie: It’s… Wednesday.

Zack: Not in Switzerland.

Robbie: I see. Well I’m glad you’re safe. How are the others?

Zack: They’re good, man. Trini’s been doing some great work. Jason’s been good too. His mom’s cancer has held in remission, thank god. I’m not sure what he would’ve done if--

Robbie: (Interrupts) Zack. Glad to hear it. But that’s not what I mean right now.

(It seems to take a second to click in Zack’s head before his eyes open wide.)

Zack: Oh! (Shakes head) Not sure actually. I lost track of them when the roof collapsed. They may be trying to help others.

(Robbie sighs, deflated.)

Robbie: …Or they may need help themselves. I think we should clear the perimeter and do a room to room check for survivors. Hopefully Jason and Trini aren’t in trapped in places currently on fire.

Zack: That would be bad.

(Robbie then stares at Zack with a pointed “lead the way” expression. It again doesn’t sink in right away.)

Zack: Right. Uh, let’s go.

(He eventually shift gears from “fun loving Zack” and leads Robbie into the smoky hallways up a flight of stairs. Robbie follows, but not before shaking his head in disbelief. He wonders if either perhaps his memory has failed him, or if Zack was always this clueless. Meanwhile, back in the United States…)

King Mondo: Ah! How fortunate we are my enchantress. An entire galaxy just begging to be conquered! And you know me, I am a man that aims to please.

(The Machine Empire royal family stand atop a rocky hill. Mondo, the patriarch, takes in the atmosphere of all-out war like a spring time meadow. All while his army continues their slow march toward the enemy’s home base.)

King Mondo: In mere minutes, my cogs will turn this command center into a pile of rocks. And I shall do in a day what Zedd and Rita were too incompetent to do in three years: Put forward a plan of attack, and execute.

(His swooning wife leans in behind him.)

Queen Machina: (Fanning self) How I love it when you take command like this, dear. You sure know how to make a woman’s oil boil…

King Mondo: Hehe. Not in front of the children, my dear.

(King Mondo’s son, Sprocket, pulls on his leg beneath him.)

Prince Sprocket: Daddy, when you’re done here can I have this planet?

King Mondo: That depends. Did you clean your room today?

Prince Sprocket: (Sulks) …aww.

King Mondo: Hm. I guess that answers that.

“HI-YAAAAAA!!!”

King Mondo: Wh-what?

“Power Rangers, battle ready!”

(They strike a literal pose atop the hill in front of the command center. Despite being from another planet, they figuratively pose as the only thing stopping Mondo from an easy conquest and earth’s last stand.)

Delphine: Remember team. We hold the line at all costs. No one gets inside. No one retreats until we obtain the Zeo crystals. Understood?

“Right.”

Delphine: Good. Make me proud, men. Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!

(Delphine, the heroine leader of the team, leads her troops into a battle they realistically cannot win. You cannot tell by their demeanors however, which catches the attention of the empire, who wasn’t expecting them to begin with.)

Queen Machina: Who are they?!

King Mondo: …I don’t know. My scouters revealed nothing of the sort.

Queen Machina: You said the power rangers weren’t here.

King Mondo: They aren’t. Those aren’t the earth’s power rangers…

(They look on with intrigue as the rangers charge bullishly into the swarm, clearly outnumbered but making an obvious dent where they stand. The black and yellow rangers charge through their row of cogs, dicing through their chest to wind up behind them where they kick their now disabled bodies aside. The red and blue rangers soar through whoever’s in the first rows of them to take out whoever’s behind them. They swiftly turn around and block chops from the first row, moving gracefully around enemies without letting them make contact - Almost as if they are swimming around them.)

King Mondo: Hmm.

(Identifying who they are, Mondo hands a shred of credit to Zordon.)

King Mondo: Aquitians. Zordon’s got some tricks up his sleeve it appears.

Queen Machina: Should we be worried?

King Mondo: Bah. It’s five against a whole army. And unless it rains they’ll fatigue in no time. We merely wait them out. Then, we crush them like cockroaches. Besides, once my men have obtained all six Zeo crystals, no rangers, from any planet will be able to stop me! Ahahaha!

(As Mondo laughs maniacally to himself, a zombified Billy listens to every word from the viewing globe. His eyes grow worried as he watches the alien rangers take on the mass of cogs, wishing he could at least go out there and help them. He turns around to address Zordon.)

Billy: Um. Zordon, you said you needed me for something else?

Zordon: Yes Billy, I need you to do something for me that could have great potential consequences if left unchecked.

Billy: You want me to look after Ninjor?

Zordon: No. Alpha has that covered.

Alpha: (Chimes in) I am monitoring all his vitals on this section here.

(He proudly points down to an entire section of the control panel.)

Alpha: I can increase or decrease his IV and medicine with the turn of a dial.

Zordon: What I need you to do has far greater potential impact than the future of our current powers, but rather impacts the lives of the power rangers themselves.

Billy: Okay?

Zordon: I need you to research the effects of using the Zeo crystals as a purging mechanism.

Billy: (Raises eyebrow) Why? I-I don’t understand. Don’t we know it to work? Why are you so concerned?

Zordon: Because Billy, nobody has ever used it. Call it a hunch, but I fear there could be a reason why.

Billy: And you’re expressing these concerns now? I… the others are out there right now looking for the Zeo crystals as we speak. You said it’s our only hope.

Zordon: It is Billy.

(Hoping for a wise, sensible response from his leader that would reassure him, Billy instead finds a man that perhaps might be just as scared and unsure of the earth’s future as they are. It then dawns on him the importance of what he’s being asked to do.)

Billy: …understood Zordon. I’ll look into it.

(As Billy gets to work on finding answers for Zordon, back in Switzerland, Zack and Robbie continue looking for survivors through the smoking hot ruins of the United Nations building.)

Robbie: (Coughs) …

(The veteran vigilantes wander down the main hallway unsure of whether or not they are moving toward anything or anyone. So far, they’ve come up empty. Finding only ash and debris in each room. Sweat trickles down Robbie’s forehead and into his eyes as he struggles to look down the hallway ahead of him. The regal-esque design that once stood for this building’s prestige is now torn and smoldered. The smell of fire and burning steel pierces his senses as it swirls up into their lungs as he breathes. He turns to Zack to see how he is faring however, and finds that he seems completely unbothered.)

Robbie: (Coughs) Aren’t you gonna cover your mouth?

Zack: Nah. …I’m good.

Robbie: (Shrugs) Your funeral I guess.

(They continue down the hallway, side stepping adjacently as they brace for something to pop out at them. However aside from the sound of flickering active fires in the distance, it’s perfectly quiet. This is not a good sign to Robbie though, who strayed from his mission of finding something important so that he can find someone important. Suddenly though…)

Robbie: Shh. I hear a noise!

(Anxiety sets in as the all too familiar buzzing of a ship is heard overhead. It quickly moves directly above the building – just as before the building was attacked. The two instantly cling against the walls, preparing for the worst…)

Robbie: …!!!

Zack: …!!!

(Except, nothing happens. The buzzing noise comes and goes with no apparent strike. Only the sound of heavy breathing is heard. Robbie tries to calm his nerves, resorting to idle chit chat.)

Robbie: You know… (Heavy breathing) Pumpkin Rapper wasn’t so bad now that I think about it.

(Zack can’t help but let out a knowing chuckle as Robbie breaks the tension.)

Robbie: I’m serious. I’ll even put up with Tommy making every team he tries out for, or some halfwit child stumbling through a sentence. I’ll take it. I’ll take all of it.

Zack: You don’t know what you have until it’s gone.

Robbie: (Sighs) Tell me about it.

Zack: Hehe.

(There’s a brief cause as they start to contain themselves again. Zack segues to a similar subject.)

Zack: She misses those days too.

Robbie: Yeah… (Gulps) think I’d rather hear it from her when we find her.

Zack: Yeah…

(There’s another brief pause, as Robbie tries to put away any thoughts that he won’t find her.)

Zack: You know, she still carries your birthday gift around her neck every day. That tiny anchor necklace?

Zack: What’s the deal with that? Did… you get it for her because both your dads were in the military?

Robbie: (Shakes head) It was what she represented to me. She kept me steady. I was the ship. She was my anchor. I was adrift without her.

Zack: …

Robbie: Also it meant no matter what happens she’ll always be mine.

(Robbie drifts off into deep thought regarding whether the gift still holds such a meaning. She’s literally not his anymore. Yet, he doesn’t have the heart to share his current status with Zack. He did just rush into a burning building for her, so what does it really matter anyway, he thinks. Robbie is so lost in deep thought, he doesn’t notice the big cheesy smile on Zack’s face.)

Zack: When this is over… remind me to give you a big, wet kiss.

(Robbie snaps out of it for a second. And grins obligatorily. Zack continues.)

Zack: I-I got something for Angela. Remember Angela?

Robbie: The only other black person in sophomore year?

Zack: That’s the one.

Robbie: Yeah that rings a bell.

Zack: I got her something. To show her how I feel. I hope I find it though. I’ve kept it close to my heart since I got it for her. Can’t wait to deliver it in person. It’s probably buried under rubble somewhere though.

(Robbie nods, recalling in his head that Trini told him about this during one of their weekly phone calls. She also told him about the necklace. She also told him about how much she longs for the “good old days.”)

“Grrrrrrrrrrrr….”

(Suddenly, a growling noise echoes down the hall to their right. Startling the two out of their stupor.)

Zack: (Gasps) …

Robbie: Someone’s here…

(Waking back up, they dash left and run down the hall before the figure emerges. Meanwhile in Phoenix, Tommy bursts back through the doors of the county Sherriff’s lodge with Sargent Trueheart. On their shoulders they drag in a single wounded officer, and lay him down on a bench.)

Sam: He’s hurt bad.

(Sam cautiously lays him down. Then, with a lifeless expression, slowly turns back to Tommy.)

Sam: Twenty men and women in this office and he’s the only one we were able to bring back.

Tommy: It was bad down there.

Sam: (Exhales) …

(Without saying a word, Trueheart slowly walks off to gaze out the window.)

Sam: I was sitting here in the air conditioning worrying about myself and arguing with teenagers.

Tommy: …

(He slowly turns back to look at the officer on the bench.)

Sam: Schmitty is his name. Good kid, but overeager. We had fun ribbing him. (Sighs) He’s only been here two weeks.

Sam: I failed today. Monumentally. I was sitting on my horse, watching for kids skipping school, while the rest of my crew charged headfirst into a burning city. And died for people they don’t even patrol.

Tommy: Take solace in the fact that you trained them well enough to do that. That’s what leaders do. They bring out the extraordinary out of the ordinary. Even when they sometimes make the wrong decisions.

(He shakes his head in disagreement)

Sam: They ignored today me because I’m not a leader. I’m a coward. (Sighs) When this is all over, I’m handing in my badge. I don’t deserve to wear it.

(Tommy walks over.)

Tommy: Hey, look at me. This kind of thinking, not gonna help right now. What happened to your crew was horrible. And we will honor their sacrifice. But you are their leader. It is on you now to carry their legacy. They knew the risks of donning the uniform and they went down there anyway. Believe it or not, that speaks volumes of you.

Sam: …

Tommy: This doesn’t mean you need to live with this the rest of your life. You now need to lead with their sacrifices in your heart. Do better by them, to honor their legacy.

(Trueheart pauses as he soaks in Tommy’s words. He then looks up into the sky and lets out a half grin.)

Sam: You’re a good kid. What did you say your name was?

Tommy: Tommy.

Sam: Tommy. You remind me of my son, David. Stubborn and idealistic. You even look like him too.

Tommy: He sounds like a good kid. Handsome too I bet.

Sam: (Snickers) I tell you, he’s nothing like me at all. If I didn’t already adopt him, I’d swear he wasn’t mine anyway.

Tommy: Well. I think your son would want you to keep going.

Sam: I bet he would. (Bows head) But it’s too late for me.

“(Coughs) …”

(Suddenly, the officer on the bench awakens.)

Sam: Schmitt!

Schmitt: …Serge?

(Sam rushes over and kneels beside the wounded deputy.)

Schmitt: Serge, you there?

Sam: (Nods) I am.

Schmitt: You came… I knew you would.

Sam: …

Schmitt: Thank you. For helping me.

(He puts his hand over his chest.)

Sam: I won’t leave a man behind. Now take it easy. We’re gonna call an ambulance.

(Watching from the background, Tommy grins quietly to himself. He then turns to the door to make his exit.)

Sam: Hey. You leaving? It’s dangerous out there.

Tommy: Yeah. I gotta go. I have something I need to do.

Sam: Can’t this wait?

(Tommy silently shakes his head. Without digging much deeper, the Sargent gets back to his feet to send him off face to face.)

Sam: Well… Thanks kid. You’ve got guts.

(He extends his hand outward for a firm shake that Tommy accepts.)

Sam: You might make a good leader someday.

Tommy: (Nods and grins) I can only hope so.

Sam: I… I’d like you to have something.

Tommy: It’s okay… I don’t need money.

Sam: That’s good cause I’ve got none.

(Sam turns around and reaches for a leather bag nearby.)

Sam: I know you like my stuff that I collect. So I wanted you to have my latest piece. As a memento. Or a token. Whatever you want to call it.

Tommy: Uhh… you really don-

(Tommy is ready to politely decline so that he can leave, until Sam pulls out something that catches his eye…)

Tommy: (Gasps) …!!!

(A giant, red crystal gleams from out of the bag. The shape of a star seems chiseled on both ends. Tommy looks on, stunned. Having thought he was ignoring his part of the Zeo quest, he was instead doing exactly what he needed to do to save the world.)

Sam: This piece symbolizes poise, character, persistence and the willingness to sacrifice for your team. The traits of a true leader.

Tommy: You’re giving this to me?

Sam: (Nods) I figured these qualities better suit a kid like you. Besides I bought this from a white girl in Angel Grove. So this could all be crap for all I know.

(Without another word of objection, Tommy gladly accepts the crystal. It reacts to his contact.)

Tommy: Th-thank you. This means the world to me.

Sam: It isn’t much. But I figure in time I can repay you in kind for what you’ve done for me. Till we meet again my friend.

(Tommy quietly nods, then turns to leave with the door closing behind him.)

Tommy: Like I’ll ever see him again.

(Tommy reaches for his communicator as he walks off. Back in Switzerland, Robbie and Zack continue to creep down an empty hallway. Robbie no longer hears the flickering of distant flames, nor is there even a strong enough scent of black smoke to indicate that something is actively burning. It is just him and his old friend. Who strangely enough, no longer provides the comfort to not feel completely alone in the massive, deserted building.)
Robbie: It’s… (Clears throat) it’s been quiet.

Zack: (Nods) No signs of life anywhere.

(The comment, that’s already been on the back of his mind, digs the growing pit in Robbie’s stomach even deeper. His fears of the unspeakable possibility is slowly becoming a dreaded inevitability with every empty room they find. He tries with all his might to stave off the negativity and tries to pep himself back from the brink with forced enthusiasm.)

Zack: Hey. No sweat man. If anyone can survive something like this, it’s them. They’re both fighters. They’re tougher than you or me. They’ve gotta be here somewhere.

Robbie: (Raises eyebrow) Yeah… you… read my mind?

Zack: We’re gonna look through every single room if we need to. But trust me, they’re fine.

Robbie: (Nods) They’re fine.

(Robbie repeats it, as if trying to convince somebody other than himself. He turns the corner with Zack and finds that the long, winding hallway finally ends some twenty yards ahead. There is a large open door before them. Though it’s barricaded almost entirely with debris. .)

Robbie: It looks… (Moves forward) It looks like the dining hall.

Zack: Okay?

Robbie: (Turns to Zack) You don’t recognize it?

Zack: (Shrugs) …

Robbie: You don’t know what room this is? You’ve been here a year as an honored guest. You’ve never so much as gotten a muffin here?

Zack: (Shrugs) I mean this whole building is trashed, man. This could’ve been the bathroom for all I know.

(Robbie lets out a sigh, as Zack has yet to say anything meaningful or that he doesn’t already know. Not being the time to address it however, Robbie pushes past it. He walks toward the pile of debris and crawls around it to get inside.)

Robbie: (Coughs violently) …

(Instantly, his lungs become irritated as the clouds of dust get inhaled despite wearing a mask. He tries to calm his breathing down and cover his face with his arms as Zack follows behind.)

Zack: This does look important.

(Looking around, Robbie gets the feeling that this room was the intended target of this attack. The entire room looks stripped bare, with large parts of the walls and ceiling stripped down to the steel base. The ground and furniture are coated completely in dust. Most of the tables, chairs and even the food on the plates remain in place. The only difference is that at the very back, there is a large hole looking down from the sky. This is ground zero. Everything in the immediate area is burned to a crisp. The roof is partially collapsed above, pointing down to a stage below.)

Robbie: Whoever stood there… there’s no chance they lived.

Zack: (Points) Look!

(Just as it catches Robbie’s eye, Zack points to a light shining from underneath the rubble on the stage.)

Robbie: (Gasps) Someone may be down there. We need to help them, quick!

(Without looking back, Robbie rushes toward the front and frantically starts digging.)

Robbie: I need help.

(He senses Zack slowly approaching as Robbie’s coughing persists.)

Robbie: Are you… (Coughs) gonna help me?

Zack: (Calmly) Nah. I can’t.

Robbie: Quit being stupid man. There may be a survivor here.

(There is a brief pause.)

Zack: There isn’t.

Robbie: (Coughs) What?

(Zack’s voice suddenly drops to a somber note as he continues.)

Zack: I’m sorry, Rob. But I can’t help you anymore.

(Robbie stops what he’s doing, but doesn’t turn around. Wanting to hide his annoyance with Zack.)

Zack: Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.

Robbie: Who is talking about memories?

Zack: You’re hoping to go back to one. And hope all you want, but Jason will never come back and be the leader again. I won’t be handing my gift to Angela. And you and Trini…

Zack: Well, you tell me if you actually think your storybook ending is anything but fiction.

Robbie: Zack, what is going on? What are you talking about?

Zack: Would you be with Hannah right now if you thought it was?

(Robbie’s eyes open wide, going from bemusement to shock. He rips his mask off.)

Robbie: Did somebody tell you something they shouldn’t have? I told others that if anyone should say anything it should be--

(He turns around to face Zack.)

Robbie: …me?

(But no one is there.)

Robbie: …Zack?

(He looks around, figuring Zack is playing a trick on him.)

Robbie: Zack, come out.

(There’s no response. Only his voice echoing in the empty dining room.)

Robbie: This… isn’t funny.

(Without knowing what else to make of it, he shakes his head then turns back around to continue digging. That’s when he uncovers something. He’s falls over backwards as his heart drops.)

Robbie: (Whispers) Zack…

(He looks up, and finds Zack, the real Zack, buried chest deep under the rubble. Robbie’s breathing picks up, which only further irritates his breathing. He looks around again to find Zack, or the person he was speaking to. But he’s all alone. Along in a room with his old high school friend, whose body lays lifelessly before him.)

Robbie: Zack?

(There never was anyone behind him. Robbie was living out his rose colored past. A past that can no longer be relived. Getting back to his feet, he is still struggling to compute what is happening.)

Robbie: What the hell is going on…?

(He studies his friend, and finds him wearing a suit, not street clothes. Dread locks, not a high top fade. And a sheet of paper on his chest. Robbie picks it up and reads it a lengthy and passionate plea for world peace. This was a different Zack. One who would never get to see his pleas come to fruition.)

(Robbie places his hand on Zack’s chest, as if finally sinks in. His lip starts to quiver, as his sadness turns to anger. Strangely though, he feels something strange protruding from his jacket over his heart. He reaches inside, and pulls out a large, brown crystal.)

(This was the gift Zack held close to his heart. The brown Zeo crystal. It was the one thing he heard from the person leading the way that he hadn’t heard before. Something Robbie couldn’t have known. As he picks it up, the crystal reacts to Robbie’s touch. Not before a charge of energy leaves Zack’s body and enters his. He finds a note attached via rubber band. He unrolls it and reads the description of what this crystal means.
“To most, this color crystal may seem unappealing thus it goes unwanted. But to one, this crystal signifies a powerful loyalty. And a love that knows no distance. A love that only the right set of eyes can see. ”

(His heart somehow sinks even further, as he tries to contain himself. Robbie tries to do what he’s normally done, disassociate. He takes a few step backwards and tries to put this image out of his head. But be bumps into something directly behind him.)

“Brown ranger. I see you’re admiring my work.”

(Robbie gasps then turns around...)

Robbie: Goldar!

(Robbie finds Goldar standing right behind him. He bolts back the other way and gets into a fighting stance. He notices a strange computer chip sticking out of Goldar’s head.)

Robbie: …You did this?!

(Goldar nods, proudly.)

Goldar: If only you were here to witness their final moments as they begged and pleaded for mercy. I was merciful alright. When I finally put them out of their misery! Gyahahahaha!

Robbie: “…their”

(Goldar chortles.)

Goldar: But don’t take my word for it.

(Goldar reaches behind his back, revealing a small anchor necklace in his hand.)

Robbie: (Eyes open wide) …

Goldar: She put up a good fight trying to save these worthless people. What was her name again? I forget. Not the pretty one. The other one.

Robbie: I’LL KILL YOU!!!!

(He throws a rage fueled right at his chest and follows with a left to the gut He stomps Goldar in the chest, but he merely pushes him back a few feet.)

Goldar: Ehehehe. Feed me your fury brown ranger. Avenge your lost love.

Robbie: Shut your mouth!

(Robbie persists, charging forward with another right, but this one gets caught.)

Robbie: (Struggles) Ugh.

(Goldar crunches Robbie’s fist easily in his palm before spinning him backwards. Now partially obstructed by the clouds of smoke on the ground, Goldar turns around to further rub salt into his wounds.)

Goldar: Not so easy without your powers, eh brown ranger? Or should I say, Robbie? And you’re not rusty. Imagine how easy it was for me to destroy your friends. Ahahaha.

Robbie: …you’re gonna pay Goldar. If it’s the last thing I’ll ever do.

Goldar: That can be arranged. Ahahaha.

(Robbie kicks himself back up, ducks a swing from Goldar’s sword and feeds him a flying kick to the chest. Goldar stumbles back, but then gets into a fighting stance and charges. Robbie ducks another swing, then leaps onto Goldar’s back, pressing his forearm under his chin.)

Goldar: (Struggling) Ugh. What are you doing? You’re choking m—(Gargles)

Robbie: (Pulling back) Arranging your payback.

(Robbie pulls back as hard as possible, cutting off airways as Goldar flails helplessly. He’s unable to reach behind him to pull Robbie off, who is so driven by retribution that his tunnel vision fails to pick up a new wave of smoke entering the room.)

Goldar: Geeeet offff…..

(The smoke becomes overwhelming for Robbie, who removed his mask. He starts coughing violently, but refuses to let go until Goldar goes down with him.)

Robbie: (Coughs) …you’re not… (coughs) going… anywh--

(Unfortunately, Robbie succumbs the unprotected smoke inhalation and collapses, freeing Goldar.)

Goldar: (Gasps) ….

(Rito walks in from a side entrance. A chip is on his head as he carries a lit torch.)

Rito: (waves torch) Am I supposed to still have this?

Goldar: (Pants) No. Put that down and help me find the Zeo crystal before this place burns down.

Rito: You got it, Goldy. I like your chip by the way. I got mine in blue.

Goldar: Thank you.

Rito: Has anyone told you how handsome you look today?

Goldar: No.

Rito: (Scratches head) Well there’s always tomorrow.

Goldar: Grrrr.

Rito: Hey. Easy, tiger.

(As things grow bad in Switzerland, they get potentially worse outside the command center.)

Billy: They’re struggling…

(Looking on in horror, they find the Alien rangers fighting sluggishly as their progress begins to halt. The lack of water, and the sheer numbers against them are starting to take their toll on them as Mondo is beginning to retake control.)

Tideus: I’m… feeling weak…

Cestro: (On knee) Must… keep going.

(Delphine stubbornly keeps trying to fight.)

Delphine: We mustn’t stop. We must… continue to stall.

(She tries to throw an elbow behind her but gets caught. Leaving herself open for a devastating blast from the facial beams of another cog in front of her.)

Delphine: AHHHHHH!!!

Billy: …

Zordon: They’re dehydrating, Billy.

Billy: Where are the others? We need the Zeo crystals now.

Alpha: We’ve yet to hear back from one more.

Billy: What do we do till then?

Zordon: I do not know, Billy.

(Understanding the position Zordon is in, Billy still cannot in his conscience sit idly by and watch the Aquitians fight to their death. Billy drops his task and starts to walk out the front.)

Billy: …I need to go.

Alpha: What are you doing?

Billy: I can’t let them just die, Alpha. I’m heading out there. Powers or not.

Alpha: No! Billy wait, it’s too dangerous!

(Billy ignores the pleas and bolts for the command centers main entrance. He rushes through the hallway and enters the command to open the main doors. He rushes out without a second thought, leaving the doors unattended. Meanwhile, Mondo overlooks the mayhem gleefully.)

King Mondo: Ah yes. With sunny skies looking over a hot, dry desert, it’s only a matter of time before these puny power puffs shrivel like the useless little prunes they are.

Queen Machina: Quite a design flaw if I do say so myself.

King Mondo: Yes. Quite... Er… Hold on a second.

(Mondo reaches for his ear, having received a message.)

King Mondo: Hmm.

Queen Machina: …

King Mondo: I see. And our next option?

Prince Sprocket: …

King Mondo: Very well then.

(He disconnects, his tone suddenly tenses up.)

Queen Machina: Is everything alright my dear?

King Mondo: It will be. (Turns) Cogs, retreat!

Billy: Delphine! I’m here! Hang on!!!

(Billy rushes out of the command center and runs toward the white Alien ranger who is closest to him. However before he could throw so much as a punch, the area clears.)

Billy: Huh?!

Delphine: They’re… they’re gone…

Corcus: Yeah! That’ll teach them!!!

(Corcus shouts defiantly before collapsing to the floor.)

Billy: You guys need help.

(Billy tries to quickly round up the Aquitians to get them rehydrated and out of the desert sun. Inside the command center however, the coast is not yet cleared.)

Alpha: AYE, YA, YA, YA, YAI!!!

(A pack of cogs have made their way inside and are in the middle of destroying everything in sight.)

Zordon: You must leave at once.

(Not paying mind to Zordon’s command the cogs proceed to rip apart every control panel they can get their hands on, including the one responsible for treating Ninjor. Desperately, Alpha tries to stop them by grabbing onto one’s arm.)

Alpha: Please stop! Please!

(Having no luck, the cog instead turns around and grabs Alpha by the neck.)

Alpha: Huh?

(It opens its facial cavity, revealing its eye lasers. Pointed right at him.)

Alpha: AHHHHHH!!!!

Zordon: ALPHA!

(Suddenly though… it vanishes. They all vanish. Leaving the command center a smoking mess. Relieved, yet devastated, Alpha collapses to his knees in woe. Moments after, Billy returns to the command center, dragging with him the now un-morphed Aquitar rangers.)

Billy: Zordon, what happened? They all just left. (Gasps) …!!

(Billy looks up, and finds the command center wrecked.)

Billy. Oh my god, what happened in here?! Oh no… I left the door open, didn’t I?! Oh no…

(He rushes to the center of the room and finds Alpha on the ground. He kneels to his side.)

Billy: Alpha!! Are you alright?! What have I done?

Alpha: …I’m okay, Billy.

Zordon: Do not worry. Everything is alright now. They only managed to cause minimal superficial damage.

(Billy gets up and starts studying the damage. He heads straight for the control panel meant to treat Ninjor.)

Billy: I-I can’t seem to make a connection to him anymore.

(He turns to the viewing globe but finds a static image.)

Billy: I can’t find him. (Sighs) I shouldn’t have left you here. This is all my fault.

Zordon: You did what you thought was right Billy. Do not doubt yourself. Thankfully, it appears we are all safe.

Billy: …yeah.

Delphine: That is what is most important.

(As Delphine and the other alien rangers walk forward to comfort Billy, they each failed to notice one other thing staring back at them by the entrance. A bomb has been placed just outside the control panels.)

Billy: I guess I’ll try to fix this. Hopefully this didn’t affect Ninjor directly.

Aurico: We’ll help you.

Corcus: Just tell us how.

Alpha: (Hears beeping noise) Huh. Interesting. Something just came through.

Billy: Is it Ninjor?

Alpha: No. It’s distress signal. From Switzerland.

Billy: …Robbie?

(Alpha studies it further, then stares back at him before answering.)

Alpha: …No.

(Moments later…)

“Huh?”

Katherine: Hi Robbie!

(Robbie opens his eyes. The first thing he sees is Katherine’s bright, smiling face looking back at him. A blue sky behind her.)

Robbie: Uh... Am I dead? Is this heaven?

Tommy: (Leans in) Welcome back bro.

Robbie: Oh god. This is hell, isn't it?

(He sits up, finding most of the rangers are with him in a park.)

Rocky: You’re back in Angel Grove. We all are.

Robbie: I am? We are?

Katherine: Yeah. We almost lost you for a second.

Robbie: I-I don’t understand. I was in a burning building and remember blacking out. Did I hallucinate all that?

(They turn to one another but don’t immediately answer.)

Tommy: …no.

Robbie: Oh…

(He then falls silent, remembering what he learned before the fire took him out. He turns to his left however and finds somebody strange to him.)

Robbie: (Raises eyebrow) Aisha?

Tanya: …

Adam: This is Tanya. I met her in Africa.

Robbie: Cool. I nearly die in a fire and this guy’s picking up chicks?

Tanya: Um. I'm married, thank you.

Adam: (Shakes head) It’s actually a long story.

Katherine: Be nice to her. She just gave you CPR. She's the reason you're alive.

Robbie: ...

Tanya: Volunteer hospital assistant back home!

Robbie: (Nods) ...thanks. (Clears throat) I’m Robbie.

Tommy: Did you find what you needed?

(Robbie reaches into his pocket and pulls out the brown Zeo crystal.)

Tommy: Great. That’s all of us then!

Robbie: Yeah? So… what do we do now?

(Tommy looks around blankly to the others.)

Tommy: I… was hoping you’d know.

Robbie: Me? Now you want me to lead?

Tommy: You knew where they were. I wasn’t even sure this would work.

Robbie: I only knew because I had shipping receipts. It doesn’t take a genius to punch an address into a GPS.

Adam: No… but we do have a genius.

(Right on cue their communicators go off.)

Tanya: (Gasps) What is that?

Tommy: (Nods) It’s our genius.

Tanya: Wow. This is so exciting! I’m actually saving the world with the power rangers. And you’re like, real people. You even argue and everything.

Adam: You’ll get used to that.

Tommy: (Answers) Billy? Come in.

(But nobody answers...)

Rocky: Huh.

Tommy: Billy? Zordon? You there?

Rocky: That’s strange.

Tanya: It’s as if the call just dropped.

Adam: Something must be blocking communication. But what?

(Just then a familiar shadow is cast over the sky. A foreboding feeling hits each of them as a massive ship approaches in the distance.)

Tommy: In the sky!!!

Robbie: Look out!!!

(Everyone instinctively ducks for cover. However the ship wizzes past them, blowing their hair in the wind as it flies forward.)

Tanya: (Gets up and points) That thing! That thing attacked my city! That thing killed my husband!

Robbie: And it attacked the UN.

Tommy: And Arizona.

Katherine: What is that thing?

(They finally get a good look at it and make out what’s responsible for the destruction of the planet.)

Tommy: …Serpentera.

(Inside, Goldar is seen piloting the giant mecha. King Mondo is at the helm where Zedd usually sits. His family beside him.)

King Mondo: Can’t this old rust bucket go any faster? My grandmother drives faster than you. And she’s only a keyboard.

Goldar: Eh, I don’t recommend it my King. If you push Serpentera too hard it could--

King Mondo: Pardon, but did I hire you as an advisor or as my personal errand boy? I couldn’t remember which after I found you and the skeleton cowering for dear mercy.

Goldar: …yes, sir.

(Goldar pulls the lever forward, speeding up. Mondo turns to his wife in frustration.)

King Mondo: I can’t believe those annoying power brats obtained the Zeo crystals.

Queen Machina: Perhaps we’ve underestimated them dear. I mean, Rita and Zedd couldn’t have been that inept. There must be something to them.

King Mondo: How is it that I put a foolproof plan in place, and within 30 minutes they’ve found a solution? It’s maddening.

(Despite being flustered, Mondo does not want to seem not in control. So he quickly changes gears.)

King Mondo: Hmm. Not to worry though. I am always one step ahead. They may have the Zeo crystals but we know where they need to use them. And, how do the humans put it… we shall roll out the red carpet for them when they arrive!

Prince Sprocket: Yay! I love award shows!

King Mondo: Me too son. And the best part about this show is, victory is all but certain. Even if by some miracle they manage to get through the droves of cogs and fighter jets coming after a mere seven of them, they won’t so much as pull the crystals out of their pockets before they get a taste of plan C.

Queen Machina: What’s Plan C?

King Mondo: If the reports of what Zedd did to the Otherworld are accurate, I will use Serpentera to wipe out all of earth with the single push of a button. I shall rain fire and fury on this planet, and rule whatever’s left of it.

Prince Sprocket: Yipee!

Queen Machina: (Fans self) There you go sounding all commanding again. Heavens…

Goldar: (Chimes in) A wonderful idea I must say, my King. Rita and Zedd certainly don’t hold a candle to your Excellency.

King Mondo: Hahaha. This one’s spineless, sniveling grovel leads me to believe that he will serve me well. Don’t you think my dear?

Goldar: I get that a lot, sir. Thank you.

(Back in the command center, panic ensues as they get wind of the Machine Empires motives. Despite having the Zeo crystals, things are starting to look their bleakest with hope running out.)

Billy: Connections are jammed, Zordon! I can’t get in contact with the others!

Zordon: You have to keep trying. We are running out of time.

Delphine: We must go, Zordon. We will slow down this Serpentera.

Zordon: I’m afraid in your condition, it would not be enough. Even with your Battle Borgs sending you out as you are is suicide. Serpentera will strike you down instantly.

Aurico: If that is our fate then so be it.

Zordon: I admire your courage, however…

“Never fear… (Cough)

(They turn their heads as a voice calls to them from the front.)

Ninjor: Ninjor is here.

To be continued.
Old April 24th, 2018, 08:15 PM #796
> zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

Zack and Trini :'(

Another episode that was spine tingly dingly. Looking forward to the conclusion (y)
zedd_heart_rita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM #797
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!
Old Today, 07:26 AM #798
> BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Author

So, how do you guys feel about the big reveal with Zack? I'm dying to hear your thoughts...