Home Menu

Menu

Old April 26th, 2019, 09:55 AM #1821
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

You can use shock oil to loosen joints, but that's usually only if the joint is dangerously tight and threatening to break on you when you try moving it. Tight joints will naturally wear down and loosen up over time, otherwise.
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 10:57 AM #1822
> Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

Silver_Tiger
VIP Rider

I tried to stay away from spoilers, so my first thoughts... Too tight, too loose. Weird feel, is Zedd missing pieces? *Google's* looks like he didn't come with them 😲 ignore the staff ignore the staff, Tommy's face is crooked, won't Google but glad if that's really how he looks that they didn't force symmetry. Why is Zedd so much bigger? Anyway. Both Zedd and White Ranger look stunning and I'm not gonna question to much... And try to forget i spent 40 something on these and white ranger is all alone. But i did save 2 cents and got them early (created other problems) so... Yeah lol
Silver_Tiger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 01:13 PM #1823
> kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

kibapower
Unce! Unce! Unce!

BigMDtheSequel wrote: View Post

You can use shock oil to loosen joints, but that's usually only if the joint is dangerously tight and threatening to break on you when you try moving it. Tight joints will naturally wear down and loosen up over time, otherwise.
I always put a drop in each joint if it's a Marvel Legends or those Fortnite figures. The natural wear down can't work if the joints are already stuck in place.

( Think Future Floor Wax tightens joints, and not for long if constantly posing)

Though I never had tightness issue with Bandai Ranger figures, their joints often got too loose over time, and this was very true with Legacy figures.
kibapower is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 02:46 PM #1824
> The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

The Magic Pie
マジカル パイ

Got my Hasbro Pulse order today, everything was pretty much perfect, some very minor issues but nothing too bad. I found out a gold Sharpie is the exact (or nearly exact) gold on White's shield.

Also went ahead and filled in the missing paint on the Gaburevolver. Looks a bit sloppy close up, but far away I'm good with it.

The Magic Pie is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 26th, 2019, 04:24 PM #1825
> TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

TheSentaiGuy

So Target can fuck right off, they pushed back my pre order again. Went out hunting, as my Target order back up plan seemed to be falling apart, and Shadow Ranger had been pilfered from everywhere I found the lightning collection. Said screw it, checked Amazon and sure enough you can just grab em. Not happy that I can't inspect it in person, but at least I'll get one.
TheSentaiGuy is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 04:32 PM #1826
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

That sucks man...

And thatíll let me segue into Shadow... having a little more fun. The Cruger head is absolutely the best accessory ever...

Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Details on post Likes can be viewed by active members only. Log in or Register today if you're not yet a member.
Old April 26th, 2019, 04:46 PM #1827
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Okay I gotta, happily, eat crow. I admit things didn't look good on the figure front with only one store nearby that even had the PR toys. But I went back to Target again today on a whim, totally wasn't going to and almost didn't, and lucked out cause they had them. And totally got Zedd! One and only, oh yeah. They had two Crugers, two Tylers, and three Tommys on the pegs. So while the $64 total really hurt, I got my Zedd, Cruger, and Tommy. While I like Tyler and all, I just can't afford getting all the figures especially space-wise. It's going to be bad enough as it is and there're rangers I want way more that'll hopefully come down the road so sadly I'm gonna have to pass on Tyler. But they all look good. I just got home so haven't even opened the boxes yet but I'm happy. I really didn't expect to see Zedd honestly. The others, sure. But not Zedd so that was a nice treat. I really hope others who're having a hard time finding them get lucky too.

And Taichi, that's totally the pose I was thinking of putting my Cruger in, it looks good!
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 04:49 PM #1828
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

Taichi wrote: View Post

That sucks man...

And thatíll let me segue into Shadow... having a little more fun. The Cruger head is absolutely the best accessory ever...

http://i.imgur.com/H2Rc6Es.jpg
Gee thanks Tai, I love being used for segues.

Seriously though, that Cruger head is obscenely good. Can't wait to get mine, I'll be trying to add some of the missing silver. Don't think I'll be able to cut my masking tape small enough to keep the black on the badge though, so I think I'll just do the whole thing silver.
Old April 26th, 2019, 04:53 PM #1829
> wizard
VIP Flair

wizard
VIP Flair

Spontaneously picked up Zedd, Kruger, and Tyler. (I have a feeling Tommy will be around for a while). They look great. But, cannot bring myself to opening the packaging >.<
wizard is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 04:57 PM #1830
> TheSentaiGuy

TheSentaiGuy

wizard wrote: View Post

Spontaneously picked up Zedd, Kruger, and Tyler. (I have a feeling Tommy will be around for a while). They look great. But, cannot bring myself to opening the packaging >.<
You can always take them out and put them back in, we promise we won't tell.
Old April 26th, 2019, 05:14 PM #1831
> Cuchulainn
century color

Cuchulainn
century color

ranger120320 wrote: View Post

Is anyone addressing the joints and how to improve them? my figures have a combination of very lose and very stiff which I hate.
Floor polish for the loose joints. For extra-tight joints, you'll have to heat up the plastic with a blowdryer and pull them apart and sand the plastic down before re-assembling the limbs.
Cuchulainn is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 05:22 PM #1832
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

My Shadow from Pulse came in today and it's great! Only big problem is one of his ears was a bit bent. Just turned on my blow dryer and straightened it out.
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 05:23 PM #1833
> Shagohad12
Power Ranger

Shagohad12
Power Ranger

I'm hoping they do some army building with the sentries. They can even give the tyrano a coinless Skull head and give the mastodon a coinless Zack head.
Shagohad12 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 05:25 PM #1834
> ⚡Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay
Taichi
Hen... SHIN?!

32 eBay

I did a little water heated in the microwave... they went back straight immediately.

TheSentaiGuy wrote: View Post

Gee thanks Tai, I love being used for segues.

Seriously though, that Cruger head is obscenely good. Can't wait to get mine, I'll be trying to add some of the missing silver. Don't think I'll be able to cut my masking tape small enough to keep the black on the badge though, so I think I'll just do the whole thing silver.
Well... I was coming in to post that photo, but you mentioned Shadow... so I played it off.

I think Iíll paint the missing details too... but also, the figures are so nice that I donít really mind the missing applications.
Taichi is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 05:38 PM #1835
> BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

BigMDtheSequel
Power Ranger

My order arrived a day early, so I got to open and fiddle around with them today.

People aren't kidding about the paint issues. Lots of smudges and chipping. On all the Rangers, I at least had my choice of heads to display (I ordered two of each). Both helmet heads on Tyler were kind of sloppy on the yellow teeth around the black. I had one Kruger that had smudges on both the helmet and maskless heads, but the paint was as good as any on both heads that came with the other one. Both Tommy's had pretty good paint on the heads. One Tommy had kind of a warped Saba, the other's was perfectly straight. Both Kruger swords were a bit warped. Both of Tyler's are ramrod straight. One of the shoulder guards on one of Tommy's shields is pretty warped as well. There are some minor paint issues on pretty much all the bodies.

Zedd has a noticeable paint issues on the silver, but, I only got the one, so, what're you gonna do?

I did note while unboxing Zedd that one of his accessories, and the only MMPR Ranger in the first wave, both came from Dairanger. Not sure how I hadn't made that connection before.

Tommy's unmasked head is almost comically undersized. It's weird. It's like one of those tiny heads you used to see on action figures where the head had to fit inside an actual removable helmet accessory.

I hadn't realized what people meant when I kept hearing that Kruger's Patrol Morpher had been "painted backwards." They tampoed the design on the back of the morpher. I mean... what?
BigMDtheSequel is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 06:07 PM #1836
> System
Wait, what?

System
Wait, what?

Sorry for the crappy picture quality, but it's the only camera I have for now (my phone). Anyway, got my Shadow and White Ranger today from Hasbro. I painted up most of the missing paint apps. I'm not as steady of a painter as I used to be, and I know the silver is off. It's more of a gray-ish white, but it's all I had and I was far too impatient to order and wait for a darker color. 😂

EDIT: uploaded more pics.

Last edited by System; April 27th, 2019 at 01:06 AM.
System is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 07:49 PM #1837
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Finally got to unboxing. So far it seems my paint has been good on the three. Cruger has one little scuff on his left bracer but that's all without going through them super thoroughly. So I'm good. Also when I unboxed Cruger, I was like what's this blue collar ring thing? Then realized, oh duh it's Cruger's neck when you use the head, hehe. Still amusing though, but a nice touch. Zedd feels like his legs are a touch looser compared to the other figures, but not horribly so and he poses fine enough. Though I'm not real sure how to put Zedd's energy thingy on the staff, but whatever. And Tommy's but I know I just need to look up pics online sometime. For now I'm good, these figures look so nice I'm happy. Especially Cruger, cause he's my fav out of the set, and getting Zedd since I thought he'd be super hard to come by.

EDIT:
Totally forgot, there is one issue I thought Cruger had, his sword. I thought it was backwards, cause you'd think the wolf head would be on top along with the back of the blade, or at least in my mind it'd make sense that way but then I looked it up and realized it was right so it's just me.

Last edited by Alitain; April 26th, 2019 at 07:56 PM.
Alitain is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 08:38 PM #1838
> mmprfan09
One In A Million

mmprfan09
One In A Million

Kylash327 wrote: View Post

Did a quick and dirty digibash of how a LC Green Ranger could look. The Tommy head should probably have the earlier hair style, but i wasnt gonna spend time trying to fake that.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5B_1alXkAA7bup.jpg
This looks beautiful. Nothing in the first wave caught my interest worth buying, but mmpr green tops my list.

And the hair doesnít really matter. He had the same white ranger hair in season 2 as green anyway. Just recycle the same head as is. No need to waste budget on a hairstyle.
mmprfan09 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 08:47 PM #1839
> Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

Zeo Cereal
Off the Grid

mmprfan09 wrote: View Post

He had the same white ranger hair in season 2 as green anyway.
It'd be a little tacky to release another Tommy with the same head.

Green's debut had shoulder-length hair. If there's a Sword of Darkness, Tommy should have shoulder-length hair.
Zeo Cereal is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2019, 08:56 PM #1840
> Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Xenotome
💕❤️Queen Syuusuke❤️💕

Zeo Cereal wrote: View Post

It'd be a little tacky to release another Tommy with the same head.

Green's debut had shoulder-length hair. If there's a Sword of Darkness, Tommy should have shoulder-length hair.
Give me mullet or give me death!
Xenotome is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
super epic legacy legends