Home Menu

Menu

Old January 31st, 2019, 06:41 PM #1
> Stinger
RangerBoard Member

Stinger
RangerBoard Member

Question about megazords smelling like smoke

I recently purchased the set of Soul of Chogokin GX-72 Daizyujin and GX-78 Dragon Caesar from eBay. The seller said that Daizyujin had been opened but the Dragon Caesar was new/unopened.

About a week after it was delivered, I took Daizyujin out of it's box to check it out. All its zords and parts smelled like smoke. I can't be sure if it was cigarette smoke or some other smoke but they definitely smelled like smoke. I complained to the seller about them smelling like smoke and that they should have listed that it was from a home of smokers. It smelled so bad as if the Daizyujin itself had been out and smoking. I really don't like the smell of smoke and I'm pretty upset about this considering how much I spent on it.
The seller told me no one in the home smokes and they don't know why it would smell like smoke. They also said they did not smell anything when packing it up to ship it out.

I don't know if this seller is lying or this Daizyujin somehow smells like smoke for some other reason. Has this ever happened to anyone here before? I'm wondering if the Chogokin Daizyujin has some history of coming from the factory smelling like this, or it somehow smells like smoke from sitting in a box too long, perhaps sitting in a hot room or attic. Or maybe the seller is just lying.

The seller accepts no returns. Its clear its been out of the box since there are finger prints and smudges on the shiny parts. I haven't opened the Dragon Caesar box yet. I've had Daizyujin sitting outside the box in front of a air purifier for a few days now. So far the smell is going away.
Stinger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2019, 12:56 AM #2
> Activator
Power Ranger

Activator
Power Ranger

I've owned 3 SOC Daizyujins (counting the one SDCC one) and also own Dragon Caesar. None of these smelled like smoke ever. On the other hand, I bought a Transformers Animated Jazz from eBay once and it was new in package but that smelled TERRIBLY like smoke when I took it out of the bubble packaging...as if the smoke seeped into it. The only thing you can do is let it air out. But for something as expensive as Daizyujin, that's a real disappointment
Activator is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2019, 09:49 PM #3
> Stinger
RangerBoard Member

Stinger
RangerBoard Member

Yes, it is a big disappointment. Maybe the seller isn't lying. Thanks for that info.
Stinger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote