RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

View Poll Results: If I were to bring back a weekend watch (as a marathon method), what would you want?
Finish "Chouseishin Justirisers" 6 19.35%
Finish "Kamen Rider V3" 4 12.90%
Kamen Rider Fourze 6 19.35%
Avatar: The Last Airbender 9 29.03%
Sailor Moon ('92-'97) 5 16.13%
Other (Say what in the thread) 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 25th, 2017, 08:11 PM   #2041
timegold
Bioluminescence

The space mafia has to be one of the more random things to be thrown into a show with this premise, not that there's anything wrong with that, but it did force Renn to adapt to a really weird situation. Even if Renn doesn't look the part, being "just correct" meant helping the daughter figure out her path (also sort of a theme for the subsequent series, coincidentally).

And now I'm reminded of when Naoki helped that princess, even if that was a very different story. Weird how those analytical Blues think alike.
timegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 05:19 AM   #2042
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by timegold View Post

And now I'm reminded of when Naoki helped that princess, even if that was a very different story. Weird how those analytical Blues think alike.
It did remind me a bit of Naoki and foreshadows Ryunosuke next season; though the random aliens also sort of reminded me a bit of Dynaman. I'm not as offended because this is a series where we have 11 alternate worlds with all sorts of weird stuff at this point, so aliens is basically par for the franchise and something you'd expect. (and it makes way more sense than...everyone literally watching TV at the same exact moment Gunpei gets beaten up)

-----

Engine Sentai Go-Onger: GP 14: Dokidoki Every Day & GP 15: Enjin Stall

If Speedor went to Angel World like Sosuke dreamed, I'd just have him do one thing: tell them that their mad "savior" from ten-thousand years ago is over a year away from arriving from his time slip and they should be ready. (I'd say throw down as many as possible but heck, even five trainees would be nice)

What exactly is the proper way of being a Go-Onger? For Hant, his way is a lot more about "dokidoki", the way of just following his heart and wherever it takes him giving him a freer, sillier personality. However 14 ends up getting him in trouble due to being captured by Kegaleshia's latest Banki, a kettle whose also a living hot spring that captures people and makes them as "relaxed as possible", with the crazy idea of "we capture the world, make them relaxed and useless as possible, then we take over". It's a great philosophy that works...except they end up also capturing a hard-working martial artist who destroys the hot spring illusion instantly and decides to take in Hant for his failures to learn the way of how to handle things; which more or less involves being more serious. This episode reminds me a lot of a fusion of the GoGoFive with the special martial arts move and a couple Showa episodes of Sentai (was mainly thinking the swordsman episode of Bioman with Shirou and Monster or even the Denziman episode with Akira and the weaver Vader Monster), where an old master takes in a heroic and villainous character to teach them his trade and improve things; in this case, though, the rival that Hant is stuck competing with is Kegaleshia in disguise, who undertakes this mostly to try and figure out a way for Kettle Banki to get beyond this ability and improve itself. Of course what makes this version all the more different is that because it's a male and female, Hant ends up gaining a crush on Kegaleshia in the process in the training and tells her that he may like her...but of course nice words end up not being the best thing to say to someone who is the embodiment of water pollution. Oh and the Banki ends up gaining enlightenment due to one treatment under a waterfall forcing Hant to, of course, give up trying to calm himself and to just go and deal with things his way. Though now he's obsessed with "Kegaleshi Rina", this ends up leading to a bizarre but comedic battle where three Go-Onger are "hot-springs soothed" and Go-On Green ends up controlling everything, including making the team pose for the roll-call, a solo Super Highway Buster and basically tossing around the Engine Souls into random casts, leading to Birca being in the Speedor cast and thus Hant being the lead in Engine-O G6. (and Sosuke...well, he got Carrigator; too bad we never get the cockpit for him though) Unfortunately it was all for naught because Kegaleshia isn't going to just let some random guy win her heart...but at least she may have been as effective as Hant's excitement can be. (oh and to keep the randomness: the tough super master wears a pink bunny suit when sleeping...because this series can get away with that)

15 finally seems to move beyond a lot of the silly elements of the series since G6's introduction and has a new arrival from Machine World...and it's a dangerous one: Land Pollution Vice-Minister Hiramechimedes, a slender, math-obsessed machine-man whose specialty is flying in a powerful bi-plane-esque mecha that the Enjin can't handle. It isn't just that they can't handle it because they can't fly (even Speedor's stuck in a "jump good/falling with style" mode flying and he's the condor!), but the Enjin all have nightmares of Hiramechimedes with what he did to them back in Machine World during the rebellion in the past. Amazingly they were able to get away from him, but only because something happened and he seemed to vanish, thus probably leading it to the heroes only having to do with the main Gaiark goofs. (and speaking of this, Yogostein is obsessively delighted to have his vice-minister around; though with how powerful he is compared to the actual Land Minister, it's almost like Yogostein got his position less on power and more on...nepotism?) The Go-Onger more or less have to spend the rest of the episode boosting up the confidence of their partners to face Hiramechimedes again, reminding them that when they faced him prior, they were alone; but with partners around, they may have more of a chance. They do get the message and work together in an attack that somehow succeeds for a moment in handling his plane (Saki actually came up with it surprisingly), but he's just still too maneuverable and, of course, he can fly and they can't!

But...surprisingly and without the knowledge of the heroes on Earth already, there are Enjin that can fly. Two of them, Toripter & Jetras (#7 & 8...not sure where they got the designations considering how this series works) show up and easily crush Hiramechimedes and his flight squad in an impressive aerial display (even flying by that building seen in the Jetman opening!) The two are from the Wing Clan, which as said, is unknown to even the land-based Enjin...though whether or not they have partners or not...we shall see...but in the words of a certain Kabuto Rider, "sometimes you have to go through hell to be a hero".
Ataruman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 07:27 AM   #2043
AshiusX
ashiusx.wordpress.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataruman View Post
Wouldn't mind doing a Rider analysis like Daigo/ShishiRanger, but my problem is that with how much probably is out there with KR characters, plus the fact it's 50 episodes about one character generally (whereas at least you have space to breathe with focus in Sentai), I'm not sure how good it will be. Still worth a shot I suppose. (though when it comes to Agito, I do have reservations about Tsugami...but as mentioned, I am willing to try plus I did put my problems with Daigo aside to try and give a respectful understanding for him)

On the good side, you won't be scraping the bottom of the barrel to find material to write about. So far all of Inoue's work I've seen is very character driven so his characters probably lend themselves well to character analysis probably.
AshiusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 09:36 AM   #2044
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Yeah but it would require me to rewatching the series to remember it all. I remember enough about Tsugami but I don't know if it will be comprehensive enough. And considering I had to slog through Agito the first time, I can't say if I can do it again so quickly.
Old May 26th, 2017, 10:09 AM   #2045
AshiusX
ashiusx.wordpress.com

I feel like you missed a lot of the underlying symbolism and profoundness in Agito. If you dig a bit deep there is a lot to admire.

For example this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiusX View Post
I've come across this on Twitter.

It proposes a so-called ''color theory'' where each color filter represents something important narrative in Kamen Rider Agito.

https://capesandcoolscarves.wordpres...-color-theory/

Blue filter= aligned with much of the water symbolism through out the series. The blue filter is seen as a reminder of the threat that emerged out of the water during the Akatsuki incident.

Red filter= a symbol for sheer determination to complete an important goal. During these moments, the camera movement is steady and trying to look over Shouichi's shoulder as if it were trying look into the uncertain future.

Green filter= the most detached perspective. All of the characters are viewed in a third-person angle and the camera doesn't try to focus on anyone. It seems to reflect the real Shouichi's attempt to understand Agito's powers from a cold hard perspective ie his academic pursuit of the matter.
Old May 26th, 2017, 11:34 AM   #2046
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

Which is why I don't feel worthy of even trying with this series or any KR series. I watch the series for fun and probably don't look for these things intentionally. I am willing to do KR related things but I'm not looking for things like you and a lot of other people.
Old May 26th, 2017, 05:23 PM   #2047
AshiusX
ashiusx.wordpress.com

That's fine, I can't get into Kuuga, it's way too slow for me. There was a lot of symbolism in the final fight of Kuuga as well. Like about the essence of violence and what it is. In the end, at its core, it's just two guys whacking each other with or without superpowers.
Old May 26th, 2017, 06:52 PM   #2048
timegold
Bioluminescence

Getting back to Go-onger:

Yeah, Hant soloing the cannon is totally not a metaphor for anything. He's just dokidoki! The heart wants what it wants, and while his slacking attitude may seem problematic (and may have contributed to him getting fired from his last jobs), he's surprisingly found a way to balance work and play, and that's what allowed him to survive these shenanigans, and the shenanigans he caused. Really, mixing those Engine Souls and Casts is just a recipe for awkwardness (and does it count as an Enjin crossdressing?), but somehow he managed to coordinate everything afterwards.

Hiramechamedis is an interesting way to upset the balance. The Ministers already had sky, land, and sea covered, while he represents land but takes to the skies. It's his history that creates problems on all sides, and it's good that the Enjins are actually using their partners to try to overcome that; thematically, they need to surpass themselves. That is, unless they have an easy way out, but who's to say that the Wing Clan would always help them? (And the numbering... yeah, it's weird if you think about it, so maybe it's one giant coincidence.)
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #2049
Ataruman
Heat/Trigger

I do like that considering things, the Gaiark forces end up using sky a lot to basically screw over the Enjin; and with Hiramechimedes, we have a true aerial master and not just someone who uses air pollution. The math part...is weird but considering Gaiark, it probably just is his quirk.

-----

Orchestral Maneuvers in the Park: aka: Trumpet Top's Dead (No, No, He's Outside Looking In)

The episode opens...with the Juice Bar neon. Not a good sign.

Iced Mochachino Mist &...oh great, more Pamango drinks.

Hey...you...seriously, who are you...oh yeah...Curtis...and the other guy is...Rocky...no, Richie.

Jazz? In a town with rock solos and hip hop akido?

He's from St. Louis? Mean town; no Putties but I did apply for college there once.

I bet you someone got high on Zack's family trumpet. Really...really...high.

Wonder if Zack's uncle knew Mingus in his heyday.

A trumpet? Yes, I can use that trumpet and my knowledge of jazz to make the ultimate druggy...er, monster! (then again...)

A hallucination spell...hoo boy, Zedd's bringing out his shrooms.

OK considering I know which MotW from Dairanger it is...I say it's a good plan. If we can't hit kids with alcohol, we'll use LSD! (and...maybe music)

Um Zack, you were just with Trini. Where is she and why did Kim and Billy replace her?

And thus from jazz music to...a bit of rock. (well concrete but still)

Seriously, you two: if you want to discover the Power Rangers, don't tell the goody-goods. They're in leagues with the Power Rangers! (well more but still)

Dweebazoid? Eh, haven't heard an insult like that for Billy for a while.

And Skull's Pinhead; so who are the other Cenobites?

Your plan involves Putties? Seriously, that's a fail already.

Really when a Putty falls up before Z-exploding, you know that Zedd's plans really aren't working.

OK, who dropped the trumpet...and wasn't "magic to change it to a monster" Goldar's detail?

OK, this is the most active we've seen Zack in a while.

No there is no reason, guys. Putty attacks are reasonless and have been since Rita.

Oh yeah, we have to worry about Curtis after the suspicion of a Putty attack. That really isn't a smart move if Zedd's up to something.

Well that was quick turnaround for the jazz concert.

Trust in Trini, Curtis: she's cute so she can't tell lies.

Sorry we're late, traffic was terrible, put...er, squirrels everywhere.

And I can see the marching feet; they're moving, into the street.

Yeah, I would say "what does Cinderella have to do with mud"...except she did some really crappy things under her stepmom.

Princess Skull looking for his Prince Charming...sorry, kid, it's not him.

Um, those don't look like boots. Power Rangers wear boots. They're sneakerprints. Anyone could have been there, Bulk so this idea really isn't that sound.

It's not a bad plan...except as said: anyone could probably fight Putties if they put their mind to it, shoe sizes and feet distinctions can match for multiple people, and most importantly: while we may know it's the Power Rangers, random feetprint could still literally be anybody. The Cinderella plan only works if it's a specific shoe for a specific foot, not...this...

And...there goes Skull's day. Really, why does he hang out with Bulk?

OK, the jazz isn't bad but doesn't seem to have moved too far beyond Dixieland. Seriously, I thought this area was into more avante-garde and freeform stuff. (then again they hang out at a juice bar)

Another note: we know Angel Grove is a diverse town, but why is the band "Curtis and some white guys"? Wouldn't you at least have more diversity or more African Americans in it? (no wonder the Cotton Club was so infamous...)

And here comes the true influence of jazz: the drugs!

Wait it just affects the Power Rangers? What about the rest of the people in the concert?

What was that? Oh...that's just the hit before it takes effect.

Seriously going from Curtis' music to the Zedd theme really just throws you for a loop.

Give me a moment? Zedd, why do you have to wait, why not transform the trumpet now during the concert and cause more chaos?

Hey, that was jazz! Maybe I can go down to the hippest spot in Angel Grove and understand what they're playing now! (no...no you won't...)

Not sure Billy needed to be translated but...oh well.

IS EVERYONE SO BLIND TO NOT NOTICE THE GREY THING STEALING THE TRUMPET UNDER THEIR NOSES? SERIOUSLY!?

I can't believe it. People are so blind in this town.

Putty translation: I actually wanted to do this Dizzy Gillespe solo from "One Night in Tunisia" but Zedd has priority.

Trumpet Top, time to do your pusherman thing!

Hmm...grew him already. Couldn't he get a drink first...

If I were Skull, I'd just get all that cement and plant it right in front of Bulk's house for revenge.

What does Bulk even qualify as "really good Power Ranger footprints"?

And crappy hill = bye-bye cement. Can't say they didn't try at least.

Couldn't Skull just find another part of the hill that at least feels level or easier to wheelbarrow down?

Hey, Trini's finally walking again. Thus there was no excuse for her to not go get Zack's trumpet prior.

Trumpet Top's got something in his hand...no not the sparkles, the bottle. (must really have headaches with the mess he has to go through)

Oh great, it's Grumble Bee...a monster Rita created...Zedd, at least start with one of your Zyu2 monsters!

Eh, I thought Grumble Bee's bee-sness was dealt with rather succinctly last time, so he really shouldn't bee here.

Seriously I forgot about Saliguana at first, but you can't forget Fighting Flea's terrible voice.

And there's Jason's crap voice again. Really if I didn't know already what was going on...

And then Soccadillo randomly flips in...how...why...

OK, here's Rhino Blaster...and Zack...it actually does sound like him but...

Oh hey Billy. You sound like you but I think Zack's come down with the same voice disease Jason has.

OK, Trumpet Top dancing around laughing hysterically...is great.

Don't do the Chucky line with that voice, Soccadillo.

And Fake Jason's got an attitude problem.

Jason, why is Zedd only summoning Zyu2 monsters? Don't you think he should be fair and summon the classics?

If I were Trumpet Top, I'd throw in a few of the nightmares from the original Zyu footage if they had the costumes. Why the heck do we have the mantis and the beetle when we could have King Sphinx or Eye Guy tormenting them!? (or is Finnster just holding them back due to his hatred of Zedd?)

Alpha: The Power Rangers...are fighting air! A-YI-YI-YI-YI, I THOUGHT THAT WAS SOMETHING THEY WERE FIGHTING TO PROTECT, NOT FIGHTING AGAINST!?

Yep, the Rangers are doing weird chopsocky moves against no one. Zordon, you could still reconsider this whole "Teenagers with Attitudes" thing about now.

Zordon: Yep. They're high. They can't get drunk, but they can get high.

See you two? Those are boots. The Power Rangers wear those boots. THAT'S what you need to cast!

Yep, they're following the sun. Catching the sun.

You know you could just go down there and ask for an autograph.

Alpha: I think I saw this once in another franchise. There were these bug guys all punching and kicking nothing. I think it was called "training" for no apparant reason.

They can't get high on my watch. I'm the only one who can dictate what drugs they can and can't get!

Thank goodness for simple freak-outs.

I never thought Kim would go on December 26th to a mall.

Billy, that phenomenon is something called "hallucinogenic drugs". There's a reason for this but it involves watching the original stock footage of that other series we got from Japan and it will bore you.

Um Zordon, you said there were no monsters. That's...a monster.

Trumpet Top is Timothy Leary, and the source behind your recent "incident".

And Zedd still needs to send a bomb down. I thought you grew Trumpet Top already?

Hey, don't you think we could fight Trumpet Top small? I'm sure he'd have amazing moves small (Zordon: sorry, that's part of that "reason". The answer's no.)

I thought we'd be beyond this TF now we're into Dai footage but...eh, guess they need to keep using it for a while.

Hey, now my LSD is letting me breathe fire! (or is it?)

Aren't you freaking out now I got your sword?

Great, now I'm getting that crash feeling here, man.

One pill makes you larger...and one pill makes you sma...(explodes)

You know despite the original intent, Trumpet Top would have made a nice "sugar cube".

Zedd: Maybe I should have gone with Trumpet Top's original specs...but really, parents already are freaking about me so...

Curtis, this isn't your fault. You didn't lose the trumpet; heck it's not even yours!

And now Ernie has a vegetarian menu. Surprised he didn't prior.

Billy where did you find that? Did it just crash in the middle of the park after your freakout?

Power Rangers don't need trumpets. Only oni.

WE'VE GOT FOOTPRINTS...FOUR OF THEM, SO TWO PAIRS OF FEET BUT STILL...

Zack, don't interrupt Bulk and Skull's great announcement with music. Haven't we had enough with Curtis already?

People randomly dancing and it's not an event? Really...this is just cruel and unusual punishment by the Power Rangers against the inquisitive ones.

Well so far so good...until Skull pats him on the back.

Maybe you should have done a cast that isn't so...fragile?

Zack, you have no right to make a pun after what you pulled.

Thoughts: So yeah...Trumpet Top obviously was the infamous "drunk tofu" Dairanger monster, who obviously isn't going to be alcohol related. I'm not sure if hallucinogenics was the proper route to take instead but it is funny that basically they just said "well he's associated with drugs...so let's make it a freakout where they fight imaginary monsters. The Curtis stuff...eh, it would matter if the character meant anything but at least he's a recurring and doing things...compared to Richie. As for Bulk and Skull: I wasn't quite a fan of the "footprint" plan at first, but it actually did work due to the Ranger's freakout and failed mostly due to Zack...and Skull's vote of confidence.

Beauty and the Beast: aka: The Agony of Pink

Yeah it's quiet without Tommy. We don't have to hear that "KIYAH" over and over with every single fight anymore, and that's a good thing.

Billy, you have no right to comfort Kim considering what you did to her mirror (and where did Tommy win it from anyway? Before or after he left...the first or second time?)

I don't consider Tommy gone as a bad thing. Likewise, I think Goldar's accusations of "distress" is just an excuse to get the story started.

Zedd wants Kim...and thus fanfic writers begin writing. (including....ew....that)

Hey Billy, I'd be into you but I know how you are despite the writers and producers not appreciating it...but hey, we can still be BFFs.

Madame Swampy? I...wouldn't trust a name like that.

A 555 number? Not even 1-900? Seriously, it would feel authentic even if it is a 555.

Now that would be a fun Power Ranger episode: Kim calls up a phone number, gets the wrong one and then things get...interesting...

And here come those two in their "attire" again.

Yeah, Skull couldn't afford it; guess there's more for Ernie's tab.

(reads below Madame Swampy ad about what it entails) So it's actually for a Dharma Veda healer named Joseph. Not sure what that has to do with a fortune teller for a cheap kids show plot but...that's what pause buttons are for.

YES, I NEED TO BE HEALED BY JOSEP...ER, SEE MADAME SWAMPY TOO!

They beat Kim to the fortune teller? What's holding her up.

You'll see...what Madame Ruby sees...but I still need a profit.

Bulk, no money, no Power Rangers.

Hey, that screw could be important; maybe it could fix an Ugatz!

It isn't much but maybe it could get rid of these two weirdoes so we can keep going with the plot.

That's a scary prediction. This isn't going to end well.

Um Skull, there's something on the other side...maybe that's important.

Really, all this money invested and I just get these losers? There goes my future.

Goldar, I heard things about this one fan-fiction...we can't have that on a kids show so just make Kimberly evil and all that jazz.

So if Kim becomes Zedd's bride, then the Power Rangers will fall? So...all Zedd wants is love?

Was sort of hoping Madame Swampy was a hoax myself...but I guess a Goldar attack will do too.

Over the Rainbow? Wonder what that building was supposed to have. (there is a club called "Rainbow Bar and Grill" on Sunset Strip with an "Over the Rainbow" upstairs lounge...but I highly doubt the PR people would be able to get exteriors of such a famous place)

Hey Kimberly, there's this one fanfiction Zedd wants to re-enact with you...its' gross but so is he.

And here comes more drugs. Considering the club, maybe it's the poppy pollen from "The Wiz".

And...down goes Kim.

Goldar still counts Tommy? What is with everyone and Tommy!?

That is one pathetic mirror...yeah I could see Tommy winning that at a carnival.

Ah yes, Master Mirror. At least we knew he was alive. (because of...her...)

Jason's not here, Trini's not here, Kim's not here, Richie's not here, Curtis's not here, Tommy's not here...our cast really has been depleted, huh?

You have to remove the wrist protectors to use the communicator? Really?

Zordon: These Saban budget cuts really are hurting our show, huh? Dang unions and their need for high-paying actors!

Oh there's Trini. She just keeps coming in and out a lot lately.

Oh it's that cave. Really, if Billy can retreat to another lab, then can't Goldar stop using the same cave over and over?

Zordon: Yeah, that chair is rather nice-looking...that's a wedding present for sure.

Yeah that cave...we know where we is but it's a commercial break so...

Yeah her chair isn't as neat as mine, but you have to be an emperor to get a Z on your chair.

What divide and conquer? Zack and Billy were already in the park before Zordon called them in so...(and who knows where Trini was prior)

Wait...RICHIE AND CURTIS!? WHY ATTACK THOSE TWO LOSERS!?

RUNNING FROM PUTTIES WITH ROLLERBLADES IS A TERRIBLE IDEAAAAAAA!

If Zedd wanted to be more comprehensive, why not just find a way to keep the Pink Candle from a few episodes ago?

Innocent citizens? It's just Richie and Curtis. They have no purpose.

Jason? Yeah Jason...his voice sucks now morphed so I can't say if he should even show up again.

Haven't had a Billy/Trini teamup in a while, so I approve.

That word was a tad...choppy, Trini.

Richie, did you even take your rollerblades off or anything?

It's weird that Zack can fight the Putties unmorphed yet Billy and Trini needed to morph...

And...now Trini's caught Zack and Jason's "Morphed Voice Disease". They really need to find a cure for this.

That is not Trini. Seriously. That is definitely not Trini.

Congrats, Curtis, you met the Putties. Can you go back to St. Louis now and warn them?

WAKE UP...HOUOU! (Fuestle with birdcry)

The Cave of Fantasy? This really is a G-rated version of that fan fic.

And Zedd...dressed Kim as Rita. If you wanted her so badly, why did you send her spinning into space, Zeddy-boy?

Congratulations, you're not a Ranger anymore. Oh and those huge horns over your breasts; yes they're that size now. Zedd loves them huge.

So you want to see me as a witch? Well there was Bloom of Doom but...here goes.

Amy, that is so Rita.

Goldar: Don't defy me. I was going to do a montage and all, including that song from Mulan!

At least hit Squatt and Baboo. Rita tends to blame them for nothing, hit them on the head and then go to bed with a headache. That's how it works.

And there's that headache.

Hey Kim; why are you cosplaying as Rita?

It's the Cave of Fantasy, Goldar. She imagined them rescuing her and there they are.

Kim: I may be a great Rita, but your new VA sucks, Trini.

Oh how the mighty Goldar has fallen. From intense battles with Jason to...one kick by Billy.

GOLDAR, THIS ISN'T HOW THE FANFIC GOES! READ IT MORE THOROUGH BEFORE PULLING THAT RITA STUNT!

Mirror Maniac Monster...nice alliteration.

Oh yeah, I'm still here. Priorities in Angel Grove stinks these days.

So just a laser mirror...that's rather weak. No insta-explosion?

OK, Kim telling "Trini" about her acting really is funny.

Oh yeah, Jason's gonna be there...sadly it's just that voice actor but what can you do.

I thought we were done with the bizarre Zyu2 editing. But...ground battles and all that.

So we get crappy Trini voice prior, and now no voices for Jason, Zack and Trini? Make up your minds!

Nice fakeout by the Putty, and nice response by Kim.

So is Mirror Maniac supposed to be Yoda...or Dudley Do-Right?

Well you did nothing before growing. This usage of Dai monsters is really getting annoying.

Hey, why is my mirror broken!? I didn't have some Peacock Buddha in me!

Seriously, that's Thuy. New VA, LISTEN TO THUY'S FOOTAGE MORE CAREFULLY!

Seeing Dairen'Oh shrug off that attack is neat if you remember this is it's first fight post-it's first appearance.

I LEARNED THIS MOVE FROM A FAIRY FROM THE GARDEN OF LIGHT!

I wonder what would have happened if Kim was trapped in, oh I don't know, Mirror Maniac's mirror world instead of generic cave #87!

It's not really Goldar's fault. Kimberly's just a good actress.

Yeah, I read somewhere Goldar wanted to reenact some other tale with me...but really, it's a kids show. We can't get away with that.

Tommy's mirror is missing. Yep, it won't last.

Curtis had to get rid of it. That mirror really isn't that normal.

YES, MADAME SWAMPY DIRECTED US TO...THIS TABLE! THE ONE THE POWER RANGERS ALWAYS SIT AT!

If it's a crappy map that lead us to nothing, at least give us Walter Huston to mock us!

Good for one free muffin...with lunch purchase. Really, who would buy a muffin with lunch?

Oh come on, Ernie, we know it's bribery.

(Derpy voice) Muffins.

OK, you already bit into them. Pay up.

And thus Ernie gets his free slave labor for the day.

Thoughts: When the heck did Lord Zedd suddenly get the idea of "I need a queen, and I'll make it Kimberly"!? Obviously there's a reason (mainly involving Trini...but with my jokes here with the dubbing of her voice, its obvious what's happening with her, Jason and Zack) but it just feels random and out of nowhere; still not as bad as destroying a random parade float model but it's getting there sadly. I think Zedd's lack of direction is simply because he really doesn't have a scheme to turn Kim evil so he tried to make it work...and luckily she's a good enough actress to play along in her hilarious Rita impersonation. Mirror Maniac was a waste (at least make the dimension in him instead of the generic Goldar cave!), and the Bulk and Skull plot was bizarre and just lead to more torment on how much Ernie controls this town.

White Light Pt. 1: aka: In Just Seven Days...

Sandwiches to go? I thought they usually stuck around. (seriously, isn't this what the Bulkwich is for you two?)

Hoo boy, Trini the empathy queen is telling them off.

Top secret means making your own sandwiches. Take one Bulkwich, slice it up and you're good to go.

Four bucks for two huge sandwiches? Bargain or is Richie going behind Ernie's back?

Hey Billy, you're on the football team. Why aren't you with them?

Oh no, not more Tommy. Well, here comes 20 more episodes of angsting about not having his powers.

Surprise: YOU'RE STILL NOT THE GREEN RANGER ANYMORE, TOMMY-BOY!

I'm with Zedd: giving any party to Tommy is a waste of time.

And here come two more members of the team...really, Bob should be worried about his position.

Zack's more excited than Jason. Guess Jason's sick of the whole see-saw too.

OK, I'm with Zack: as party master of Angel Grove, he isn't doing his job.

Safe and secure? Really, Zedd could throw down some Putties a minute from now and the alarm will go off. Stay alert you two!

Secret mission? Um, without telling the Rangers? Or having someone help them while they're gone?

The big day. You mean...the day you two finally leave and give us more competent mentors?

And down goes the Command Center. Zedd attack in three...two...

Goldar's in delusion; it's hard to say how much "stronger" they're getting if we've had three straight monsters the Rangers themselves haven't touched but their Zords can.

The Morphing Grid is maintained by the balance of good and evil? So...if there's no evil around, what happens?

Yeah, Tommy's a sitting duck. Let's kill him now.

Hey, a Black Power statue! That's perfect for causing a ruckus!

Now Tommy's his heir? Um...I'm lost. Are you still miffed at Kim running off like that?

You're not detectives; more like adventurers...in love with...Bouken?

The last clue would be in the city. Thats where they fought Mirror Maniac you dolts.

Well without the constant earthquakes, a meteor would be shocking.

Not Dynamite....DYNAMAN! (so then...that yellow streak...Nangou?)

THIS IS A SIGN! (yeah it's a sign all right. Going out of business.)

And the sign said short-haired freaky people need not apply.

Oh no...that dumpster...

Um Rita...Rita...you're back Rita...

THIS IS IT! (MAKE NO MISTAKE WHERE YOU ARE...)

Yeah...it's a good sign...let's hope Zedd doesn't kill you first.

I'd say it would be cold but...friction from space and all that.

Hey, at least Skull knew to bring rubber gloves.

Yep...it's a gash in the Earth. We're screwed.

You know meteors, Jason: here today, thrown into other dimensions with their evil alien overlords tomorrow.

Well, there's pollution in the park again. Time for more Clean-Up Club activities.

Hey, you don't mess with Zack's culture! He's gonna get you for this!

Hey guys, I think someone wants to screw with my culture again; want to get some revenge?

Sorry Curtis; I'd show you but I doubt you want to be offended too.

Seriously, I thought Ivan Ooze wasn't supposed to be here yet!

The Sentinel statue? At least Trini appreciates all the random statues in the park. (gonna miss that from her)

Zordon, Alpha, if you don't respond, then this slime is your fault!

Phew, I thought you'd have a crappy voice for a moment, Jason.

What do I think? Yep, it's goop. Crap for the environment, we're screwed. (I think I read about something in Turtle Cove some time ago like this...)

How long do you need for a monster like this, Zedd? Besides, its not even awakened yet so it's still fine.

What did I tell you about Putty attacks when those two leave?

Great, now the ADR for unmorphed Jason and Trini's getting crappy! We really are entering dangerous territory, folks.

Putty blows up another Putty. See, Zedd, this is why it sucks.

NO ZACK, NOT YOU TOO!

It's sad that the Z-Putties just aren't as impressive or creepy as Rita's old ones.

OK, I guess Zordon and Alpha aren't needed with how the Z-Putties are turning out after all...

No nothing weird's going on. Z-Putties suck.

Nice, Skull's got his own place. That should come in handy.

I have an idea: remember those astronauts over a year ago? Do what they did and you'll know everything.

So yeah, Alpha and Zordon aren't around. Is that a good or a bad thing?

That...is that a grey face or an anime girl? (no wait, there are human eyes)

Meanwhile, Tommy's in swim trunks. We...did not need to see this.

I love my neon rainbow towel and my white gym bag. Nothing bad will ever happen to me with these.

NO, NOT AGAIN! ZORDON, STOP TRYING TO SCREW WITH FIXING ME AND STARTING THIS STORY ARC FOR THE ZILLIONTH TIME!

And then he exploded into light. Well, bye Tommy, nice knowing you.

So your plan. Why is it just Nimrod? What about Tommy? I sort of hope you just made him explode, Zedd, cause that would be very advantageous.

Seriously, Zordon really needs a back-up security for "things" like this.

Why did they run off? Well...there's a simple reason for that...oh look, Putties.

Trini, Billy just started searching so...give him time.

Oh hey, this disc, I just pulled it out. Isn't that convenient?

Really, it all happens when Zordon runs off. He sucks sometimes as a mentor.

Meanwhile in our equivalent of a cheesy Looney Tunes cartoon...

Well it is making a lot of sparks...

About time Rita realizes there's something up.

Well, Nimrod time! (as for Tommy...well he's gone so...)

We really need to get this lab dark: Billy's parents are complaining about how much power he's been draining for his experiments.

Zordon, why didn't you tell us about this chamber? Are you hiding any other secrets about the Command Center you're not telling us about?

Well we're closing in but...monsters and all.

Let's play "watch stock footage get screwy!"

Jason: Why is this happening? I thought this would end after the whole "Zyu2" fiasco was over!

Well at least they...attempted...to do a small fight...

(AC/DC voice) HIGH VOLTAGE!

These are my sisters: Angus and Malcom. Yes, our mother was weird.

YOU DIDN'T SALUTE US WHEN YOU WERE ABOUT TO ROCK! THIS IS YOUR PUNISHMENT!

Billy, what do you mean you don't like this band!? Well some of their stuff is overplayed but they are still classics.

Still not as cool as a chainsaw hand...

Well this is probably why Rita has so many headaches.

Yeah the decibels are getting rather bad thanks to your machinery.

Mom's biker gang is here again! Run, Mrs. Skullovitch is on the rampage!

I think we'd all have a headache with an echo chamber being hit by a chainsaw.

Alpha, Zordon, at least develop a better security protocol.

1296...wonder what that means?

And...we got a secret door.

Somehow with Billy holding his helmet entering the unknown, he reminds me of an astronaut.

DAMN YOU ZORDON, YOU CAN'T MAKE THINGS EASY CAN YOU!

Technobabble. That's a good sign.

That grate's gone radioactive.

Didn't I see a scene like this at Rocky Horror?

A new Ranger? Is that possible?

Well it's a...SCIENCE-FICTION...DOUBLE-FEATURE...(which means...next time...)

Thoughts: So we reach our next major game-changing arc. And the main thing I have to say is this: why the heck did Alpha and Zordon not prepare the Command Center for any measures to help the Rangers while they run off to do...new Ranger Rocky Horror/Frankenfurter stuff? (well considering Tommy at one point being half-naked and covered in rainbow energy, he must be Rocky...no he's Tommy, Rocky's coming soon...never mind) The storyline is good with the build-up of the power of Nimrod (despite the return of the bizarre spliced battle crap), the return of Rita to Earth and just the mystery of all this stuff going on, but Zordon and Alpha are irresponsible for just dumping their team with no security measures and no means of contact while they do it. It's just the biggest blemish on what is a strong beginning.

White Light Pt. 2: aka: The Saba of Damocles is Hanging Over My Head

There's a light...over at the Command Center place...

It's amazing: that mask looks weird but there's no symbol to define what he is.

So Alpha, if I designate you as Riff-Raff, don't go rebelling on me or anything.

Zedd, I thought you had to abduct the Green Ranger too. Why are you only talking about Nimrod, you Nimrod?

What do we do...well, never thought of that...got any books Rita left here, Goldar?

So the long version: Zordon and Alpha are jerks.

The short version: yeah, they can make a Ranger. Weird, huh?

Who is it? Well they told me "come meet us at the lab and we'll see what's on the slab, thinking we'll be bounding with antici......pation".

Zordon really needs to look into his security grid if all the power needs to make this new guy.

Really, you wanted Tommy to get it? Mr. "I'M EVI...NO I'M NOT..BUT NOW I HAVE POWERS...BUT I DON'T...BUT I DO AGAIN...OOPS NO MORE?"

Yeah you're a great team. Lasted 78 episodes so far; that's legacy.

Bleh, why is everyone talking about how great Zedd's monsters are? He just like taking advantage of crappy chopped up stock footage if I say anything.

Alpha, I was thinking maybe making you Magenta instead. Do you want to be Riff-Raff or Magenta?

Well, dumpster's smarter than us. Didn't take much but hey, happens.

So now they need Ernie? Yeesh, time for his illegal crap to intervene.

And...they don't need to do anything after all. Rita's doing fine by herself.

And...we're back. So what happened while we're...oh, poopy.

And here we go. Let's pretend we know nothing and just let Zordon speak.

Rangers, did you leave that green slime in the park while we were gone?

Yep, we're doomed. The new Ranger's gonna be so awesome that we're going to be useless.

Zordon's talking cheerfully. Yep, we're really doomed.

So yeah, Tommy...it totally wasn't our fault, but let's say it is since it makes us look humble.

We finally found a new Teenager with Attitude. Tommy was never selected by us so we had to choose someone ourselves for our better 6th Ranger.

And now...MY NEW SPOTLIGHT!

THE LIGHT...ZORDON MUST HAVE STOLEN IT FROM THAT "PRISM" TEAM!!!

ORE WA TAIYO NO KO! TAIGARENJ....ER, KIBARENJA!!! (yeah, Trini's that, let's go with Kibaranger for White Ranger, OK?)

So, this guy looks way better to fight the stock footage than us, huh?

Well, final bets on the new guy. My hope, it's someone new and unexpected...no not Curtis or Richie, they're pathetic. And it better not be Tommy again or why make a big deal about someone new?

Well Billy likes them.

And...down goes Kim. I knew it, it's the Phantom of the Opera!

And...it's Tommy. So...here we go again.

Zordon: Look, he was worthy, it's just that we had to get rid of all of Rita's crap first...there probably are other Teenagers with Attitude but I'm lazy. I have to take care of a whole Command Center and robot and stop some evil guy on the moon so cut me some slack, jack.

We were all hoping it was you? What other candidates did you guys have?

Well...I used to be like that. Kim just needs to get used to that comfy futon Alpha has. I forget: does he still have that?

Tommy, what about your stuff back at where you were staying? For the most part, Zordon abducted you...then again, he abducted us but we at least lived in Angel Grove at the time!

A-YI-YI-YI-YI...I can't remember if I'm Riff-Raff or Magenta anymore.

Wait, NEW LEADER!? Um, Zordon...Jason's the leader. You don't just dump Jason after 78 episodes!! Regardless of his crappy morphed voice now, HE'S STILL YOUR ORIGINAL LEADER!

So did Zedd even have a plan to abduct Tommy considering the first part?

OK, I like the explanation. Since the Green Ranger was always Rita's power, Zordon had a hard time keeping it stabilized and thus couldn't really save him. Thus the White Ranger is all Zordon's and considering how lazy he is...it really was the obvious choice.

Yeah, we're giving him a tiger. Trini, you have a Griffin despite the costume, hope you're not offended.

OK, time out: Saba...is a cool idea in theory...except the main reason Byakkoshinken existed was due to Kou being a kid; in the same sort of reason why Dodorin "spoke" for Cure Muse. Thus...it's just a toy for Tommy, not really a reason to have him.

YES, I GOT A NEW TOY! SCREW THE OLD ONES! (and fans of the Dragon Dagger cry into their flute holes...)

ZORDON! AS LONG AS JASON REMAINS A POWER RANGER, I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT FORGETFUL IDIOT AS THE LEADER, POWER OR NO POWER!

And now Skull has Frankenfurter's rubber gloves. It's spreading.

That...is one big can opener. What does Ernie use that for?

Your Zords didn't do much. So...how are they damaged?

And oh yeah, Bulk and Skull have Rita. (really, never go offline like that again with all these crisis!)

Cover nothing; the real problem is Rita would be back; sure she'd get back at Zedd first but you would be in the line of fire eventually.

Oh yeah, Billy and Trini, you're on tech duty so Tommy can show off. Hope you don't mind that.

OK we're going to split up. Tommy, you got this? (I forget....what am I supposed to do now?)

That "Tigerzord" footage is just so awkward but...oh well, new season.

WON TIGER!!!!

Tommy...that's goofy. You're a teenager with attitude, not a little kid.

And...down it goes. Zordon, sure this was a good idea?

OK, having Tommy argue with Saba is funny...no reason, just because it makes no sense without context.

Really, Skull's garage is in the abandoned warehouse district?

We're starting over...because Zordon really is rusty in making new Zords from scratch.

Seriously, Tommy, Dragonzord really did respect you. You're insulting him with that line to Saba.

I love the Dairanger cockpits; too bad Tommy only gets it but...yeah, this season's weird.

WHITE RANGER TIGER POWER! (yeah, this song is awesome; not "Go Green Ranger Go" but just has more optimism considering the Green Ranger scenario)

Somehow the "every move" thing works better with Tommy than Kou. Yeah Kou is a Dairanger too but he never seemed to know kenpou as well as the others being a kid. (feels also a bit of foreshadowing for Geki's cockpit with that)

Meanwhile back with the BLBLBLBLBL gang...

I almost forgot the elemental orbs. Did Won Tiger use it outside the first battle, I forgot.

That's not thunder, that's fire.

Time to get this Ranger...THUNDERSTRUCK!!!

"Boys"...yeah, with that armor and feminine look...boys...about as true as Kibaranger being an adult.

And down goes Tommy. Some things never change.

Yeah, maybe giving this to Tommy was a bad idea...

Hey Alpha, I can still screw with the other Zords to make Tommy command them too. Gee, aren't I brilliant: if Tommy isn't overpowered enough, let's make him more so!

Hey, no stock footage transformation. I'd say they're learning except that voice sounded stock.

Steady yourself, kid. This is your first battle and your Ranger's an idiot so...

Hey Tommy, remember me? I'm the leader too!

Well you two are stupid for ramming into me like that.

Hey it worked. And we didn't need the other Rangers or anything.

Always found Kiba Dai-Oh weird looking; but do admire the "plastic beard" it has.

Hey, this has no connection to a Dai arc, so hiding behind you works considering you're the only real one.

And now to use Kim's Zord to kill them. See, now she'll have to go out with me with respect!

Hey, this isn't symbolic since we didn't go through a whole arc like in the Sentai but...here's a handshake regardless.

And...down goes that can opener. Ernie, you really are cheap with your supplies.

Eh, all you needed was Rita to just do it herself, no worries.

Hey that's a toy! That's cheating!

AFTER 10,000...ER, 18 EPISODES I'M FREE! IT'S TIME TO CONQUER...THIS GARAGE!

Rita, those two are more useful than...well OK, Squatt and Baboo proved themselves in actual Zyu footage but then you all started playing up Goldar too much.

And thus they enter the same realm as Kim earlier.

Well that headache's back...and the White guy looks new but he sounds like your old Green Ranger.

And...that ends that threat. You guys better be better at throwing her away than Zedd was.

Hey, two angels! We just had this horrible nightmare about a space witch...or was she a toy...

I think we opened the Puzzle Box...or something, but can you get that can-opener back to Ernie?

No Little Witch? Must have returned to her Academia.

Yeah, things grow in this franchise. Tiny things really don't seem to work well.

Maybe we can send her to somewhere further than Zedd. It's almost like he wanted her back...like he's denying something...eh, I'm sure this and the whole Kimberly cosplay thing means nothing.

And...there she goes. So any predictions on if we did better than Zedd?

Green letters? Shouldn't you just make it a chocolate cake with white letters now?

And I even get a silly straw too! You guys are the best!

Oh...those two...yeah, who are you again?

Wait, Richie does karate? That...came out of nowhere. (then again everyone does karate in this town)

No not while Ernie has the cake. It's like Bulk all over again!

And just as they enter the juice bar...as usual.

Some things never change, do they?

Guess they're sick of it too, huh?

So Richie and Curtis aren't the White Ranger...but hey, at least there may be two openings for Power Rangers in the near future. (maybe three if Trini keeps up too)

Thoughts: As much as I complain about Tommy and a lot of the crap we've been through, I do like him finally becoming a "proper" Zordon ordained Power Ranger with the arrival of him as the White Ranger. The last remnants of Rita is gone and now he can be a Ranger in his own right, even if it means taking the 6th Ranger footage from Dairanger to make it work. As goofy as some of the early stuff gets, it sort of works with just this whole relief Tommy now has: he doesn't have to angst anymore about losing his powers over and over and can just be himself, which after everything from Green with Evil to now, probably is the best thing that can happen to him. (though the keeping of Saba is bizarre since he doesn't need to keep secrets like Kou did in Dai) The Rita plotline was a fun return for her too, but of course she has ways of returning. The only complaint: Zordon's instant ordaining of Tommy as the new Power Ranger leader. If it weren't for what's coming with Jason, it would just be an insult of 78 episodes of story to just throw away the one who had lead the Rangers all the way to this point to something that meshes better with the current stock footage. Oh...and somehow Richie and Curtis still exist...but as I said: there may be openings for Power Rangers in the near future...so maybe they still have a chance.
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #2050
timegold
Bioluminescence

Quote:
OK considering I know which MotW from Dairanger it is...I say it's a good plan. If we can't hit kids with alcohol, we'll use LSD! (and...maybe music)
That monster, Ernie! Oh wait, we're talking about whom?

Quote:
Seriously, you two: if you want to discover the Power Rangers, don't tell the goody-goods. They're in leagues with the Power Rangers! (well more but still)
It's the perfect way to impede their own investigation. It's just as counterproductive as all the other things they've done!

Quote:
OK, this is the most active we've seen Zack in a while.
Enjoy it while you can.

Quote:
Sorry we're late, traffic was terrible, put...er, squirrels everywhere.
Don't they just hate having to run over those squirrels, especially an environmentalist like Trini.

Quote:
It's not a bad plan...except as said: anyone could probably fight Putties if they put their mind to it, shoe sizes and feet distinctions can match for multiple people, and most importantly: while we may know it's the Power Rangers, random feetprint could still literally be anybody. The Cinderella plan only works if it's a specific shoe for a specific foot, not...this...
There's a lot to the forensic aspects of footprint identification, which in of itself is imprecise... knowing Bulk and Skull, something's going to go wrong really quickly. Hey, maybe Applebee's the Power Ranger they're looking for!

Quote:
Another note: we know Angel Grove is a diverse town, but why is the band "Curtis and some white guys"? Wouldn't you at least have more diversity or more African Americans in it? (no wonder the Cotton Club was so infamous...)
Because, um... wow, Saban.

Quote:
And here comes the true influence of jazz: the drugs!
Ernie, the legendary inspiration.

Quote:
IS EVERYONE SO BLIND TO NOT NOTICE THE GREY THING STEALING THE TRUMPET UNDER THEIR NOSES? SERIOUSLY!?
Fun fact: LSD can affect the blood vessels in the eyeballs. I don't know which way, but it can.

Quote:
Eh, I thought Grumble Bee's bee-sness was dealt with rather succinctly last time, so he really shouldn't bee here.
Zedd, way to pollinate this with hive mentality.

Quote:
And there's Jason's crap voice again. Really if I didn't know already what was going on...
Must be the drugs. It's always the drugs.

Quote:
And Fake Jason's got an attitude problem.

Quote:
Jason, why is Zedd only summoning Zyu2 monsters? Don't you think he should be fair and summon the classics?

Quote:
Yep, the Rangers are doing weird chopsocky moves against no one. Zordon, you could still reconsider this whole "Teenagers with Attitudes" thing about now.
Anyone want to guess the answer here?

Quote:
Alpha: I think I saw this once in another franchise. There were these bug guys all punching and kicking nothing. I think it was called "training" for no apparant reason.
Come on, at least set up a rock slide so you can kick something heavy like Hayato did!

Quote:
I never thought Kim would go on December 26th to a mall.
All the sales! All the gift cards! Spend spend spend!

Quote:
Hey, don't you think we could fight Trumpet Top small? I'm sure he'd have amazing moves small (Zordon: sorry, that's part of that "reason". The answer's no.)
Nah, too much of a wardrobe change. The props department would have a fit with the budget department.

Quote:
And now Ernie has a vegetarian menu. Surprised he didn't prior.
Couldn't find vegetables from unreputable sources when everyone's into the organic gardening craze.

Quote:
Power Rangers don't need trumpets. Only oni.
Oni? Something to get PUMPED UP about?

Quote:
Beauty and the Beast: aka: The Agony of Pink

Quote:
Zedd wants Kim...and thus fanfic writers begin writing. (including....ew....that)

Quote:
A 555 number? Not even 1-900? Seriously, it would feel authentic even if it is a 555.
555? Somehow I feel there'd be less angst than that...

Quote:
Goldar, I heard things about this one fan-fiction...we can't have that on a kids show so just make Kimberly evil and all that jazz.

Oh, jazz. That last episode was kind of fun.

Quote:
So if Kim becomes Zedd's bride, then the Power Rangers will fall? So...all Zedd wants is love?

Quote:
Hey Kimberly, there's this one fanfiction Zedd wants to re-enact with you...its' gross but so is he.

Quote:
And...down goes Kim.
We're at that part already?

Quote:
Goldar still counts Tommy? What is with everyone and Tommy!?
Well, he doesn't consider himself a celebrity... but he is one.

Quote:
Zordon: These Saban budget cuts really are hurting our show, huh? Dang unions and their need for high-paying actors!
See, that's why Zordon kidnapped five teens. Easier than negotiating with union bosses.

Quote:
Wait...RICHIE AND CURTIS!? WHY ATTACK THOSE TWO LOSERS!?
Red herring! (Either of them wearing red? If so, double red herring!)

Quote:
If Zedd wanted to be more comprehensive, why not just find a way to keep the Pink Candle from a few episodes ago?
Dang, what's he up to with that?

Quote:
It's weird that Zack can fight the Putties unmorphed yet Billy and Trini needed to morph...
Someone must've been fighting for union benefits.

Quote:
The Cave of Fantasy? This really is a G-rated version of that fan fic.

Quote:
Congratulations, you're not a Ranger anymore. Oh and those huge horns over your breasts; yes they're that size now. Zedd loves them huge.

Quote:
So you want to see me as a witch? Well there was Bloom of Doom but...here goes.
The good news is Kim's good at improvising in such an, um, perilous situation with some creepy guy who's well over a thousand years old.

Quote:
GOLDAR, THIS ISN'T HOW THE FANFIC GOES! READ IT MORE THOROUGH BEFORE PULLING THAT RITA STUNT!

Quote:
Well you did nothing before growing. This usage of Dai monsters is really getting annoying.
If only there were some usable stock footage, maybe featuring a new ranger or something...

Quote:
I wonder what would have happened if Kim was trapped in, oh I don't know, Mirror Maniac's mirror world instead of generic cave #87!

Quote:
And thus Ernie gets his free slave labor for the day.
Well, technically better than Zedd's slave labor.

Quote:
Four bucks for two huge sandwiches? Bargain or is Richie going behind Ernie's back?
Ah, how far inflation has gone since then.

Quote:
And here come two more members of the team...really, Bob should be worried about his position.
Bob's not the only one with job security issues.

Quote:
Secret mission? Um, without telling the Rangers? Or having someone help them while they're gone?
Yeah, sounds like Zordon.

Quote:
The big day. You mean...the day you two finally leave and give us more competent mentors?
Is that a question? Do we need questions? What is the purpose of the question mark? And do we have to wait about three years?

Quote:
The Morphing Grid is maintained by the balance of good and evil? So...if there's no evil around, what happens?
I'd say some demanding dragon god would try to balance things out once all the clay is destroyed, but who knows?

Quote:
Yeah, Tommy's a sitting duck. Let's kill him now.
Whoa there... maybe not the right time for this...

Quote:
Now Tommy's his heir? Um...I'm lost. Are you still miffed at Kim running off like that?
I don't know, maybe Zedd swings both ways? He's got some weird obsessions, for sure, like all those control issues.

Quote:
Well without the constant earthquakes, a meteor would be shocking.
Eh, what's the worst that can happen? Extinction of the dinosaurs, replace with some other animals?

Quote:
Um Rita...Rita...you're back Rita...
After what Kim went through, she's thankful.

Quote:
I'd say it would be cold but...friction from space and all that.
Well, the friction would be from the atomsphere, which would happen during orbital descent as it accelerates and gains kinetic energy, causing adiabatic compression... Billy, you paying attention?

Quote:
You know meteors, Jason: here today, thrown into other dimensions with their evil alien overlords tomorrow.
Or that. That also works.

Quote:
Well, there's pollution in the park again. Time for more Clean-Up Club activities.
Let's just see if Trini's around... she is around, right?

Quote:
Great, now the ADR for unmorphed Jason and Trini's getting crappy! We really are entering dangerous territory, folks.
Who knows, atmospheric pollutants distorting sound waves? But if that's the case, they should've been dead by now.

Quote:
I have an idea: remember those astronauts over a year ago? Do what they did and you'll know everything.
Pfft, that's for nerds. Just open it already!

Quote:
I love my neon rainbow towel and my white gym bag. Nothing bad will ever happen to me with these.
White, hmm? That can't possibly mean anything.

Quote:
So your plan. Why is it just Nimrod? What about Tommy? I sort of hope you just made him explode, Zedd, cause that would be very advantageous.
Oh... too soon?

Quote:
Really, it all happens when Zordon runs off. He sucks sometimes as a mentor.
Sometimes? Only sometimes?

Quote:
Meanwhile in our equivalent of a cheesy Looney Tunes cartoon...
Duck season! Rabbit season! Duck season! Rabbit season!

Quote:
Zordon, why didn't you tell us about this chamber? Are you hiding any other secrets about the Command Center you're not telling us about?
Hey, he's got to have a failsafe somewhere. Just in case things go wrong.

Quote:
Well at least they...attempted...to do a small fight...
Ah, the budget department must've pulled through.

Quote:
Mom's biker gang is here again! Run, Mrs. Skullovitch is on the rampage!
And she seemed so normal before... what other secrets do they have?

Quote:
Alpha, Zordon, at least develop a better security protocol.
Or hire rangers who aren't great at breaking security protocols?

Quote:
Somehow with Billy holding his helmet entering the unknown, he reminds me of an astronaut.
Aspiring dreams...

Quote:
A new Ranger? Is that possible?
They'd better start asking that question... over the next two decades and beyond...

Quote:
It's amazing: that mask looks weird but there's no symbol to define what he is.
Let's hope it's generic enough to fit right in. (All things considered, they could've had potentially huge mismatches.)

Quote:
What do we do...well, never thought of that...got any books Rita left here, Goldar?
It'd probably be all spells and incantations and stuff. Who knows how useful that'd be.

Quote:
So the long version: Zordon and Alpha are jerks.
Yeah, well... yeah.

Quote:
Zordon really needs to look into his security grid if all the power needs to make this new guy.
He really needs to look into his power systems if they're so interconnected without backups.

Quote:
Bleh, why is everyone talking about how great Zedd's monsters are? He just like taking advantage of crappy chopped up stock footage if I say anything.
Because narrative! Screw footage.

Quote:
So now they need Ernie? Yeesh, time for his illegal crap to intervene.
Great, which connections will Ernie need to tap into? He usually doesn't use explosives in his smoothies.

Quote:
Yep, we're doomed. The new Ranger's gonna be so awesome that we're going to be useless.
Some of them, anyways.

Quote:
Zordon's talking cheerfully. Yep, we're really doomed.
Doomed, doomed! DOOMED!

Quote:
ORE WA TAIYO NO KO! TAIGARENJ....ER, KIBARENJA!!! (yeah, Trini's that, let's go with Kibaranger for White Ranger, OK?)
First the dragons, then the tigers... come on, get your designs in order!

Quote:
And...down goes Kim. I knew it, it's the Phantom of the Opera!
Ah, face too hideous and must be concealed?

Quote:
We were all hoping it was you? What other candidates did you guys have?
Well, there was that red herring Richie, and that red herring Curtis... just not Angela.

Quote:
Tommy, what about your stuff back at where you were staying? For the most part, Zordon abducted you...then again, he abducted us but we at least lived in Angel Grove at the time!
"Sir, we have another Amber Alert for missing teens: this time, it's just one, and no earthquake."

Quote:
Wait, NEW LEADER!? Um, Zordon...Jason's the leader. You don't just dump Jason after 78 episodes!! Regardless of his crappy morphed voice now, HE'S STILL YOUR ORIGINAL LEADER!
And now, one of the crappiest moments. Jason's standing right there! (Or is he?) Show a little decorum, will ya?

Quote:
So did Zedd even have a plan to abduct Tommy considering the first part?
I think at this point, Zedd's just making things up as he goes along. It explains the lack of progress with Rita's removal.

Quote:
OK, I like the explanation. Since the Green Ranger was always Rita's power, Zordon had a hard time keeping it stabilized and thus couldn't really save him. Thus the White Ranger is all Zordon's and considering how lazy he is...it really was the obvious choice.
Good for the powers, too bad for the job security. Leaders can be "reappointed" at any time apparently.

Quote:
OK, time out: Saba...is a cool idea in theory...except the main reason Byakkoshinken existed was due to Kou being a kid; in the same sort of reason why Dodorin "spoke" for Cure Muse. Thus...it's just a toy for Tommy, not really a reason to have him.
Footage constraints aside, it's too bad there's no room in the story for such a partner to have meaning. He's just there for the ride, and eventually disappears into nothingness.

Quote:
That...is one big can opener. What does Ernie use that for?
It may be safer not to know.

Quote:
OK we're going to split up. Tommy, you got this? (I forget....what am I supposed to do now?)
Whatever he has to do, somehow it doesn't involve leading... even though Jason has people to lead...

Quote:
Really, Skull's garage is in the abandoned warehouse district?
Just where are these teens growing up... and how does it influence them...

Quote:
Seriously, Tommy, Dragonzord really did respect you. You're insulting him with that line to Saba.
Seems to be the current trends.

Quote:
"Boys"...yeah, with that armor and feminine look...boys...about as true as Kibaranger being an adult.
There's only one solution. Crossdressing rangers to balance things out.

Quote:
Hey Alpha, I can still screw with the other Zords to make Tommy command them too. Gee, aren't I brilliant: if Tommy isn't overpowered enough, let's make him more so!
Someone's got to stroke the ego, else it loses power.

Quote:
Hey, this isn't symbolic since we didn't go through a whole arc like in the Sentai but...here's a handshake regardless.
To teamwork! Sort of!

Quote:
AFTER 10,000...ER, 18 EPISODES I'M FREE! IT'S TIME TO CONQUER...THIS GARAGE!
Gotta start small, dream large.

Quote:
Well that headache's back...and the White guy looks new but he sounds like your old Green Ranger.
Hey, someone's got to get her up to speed. Look at all the things that happened in her absence.

Quote:
Maybe we can send her to somewhere further than Zedd. It's almost like he wanted her back...like he's denying something...eh, I'm sure this and the whole Kimberly cosplay thing means nothing.
The subconscience wants what it wants.

Quote:
Green letters? Shouldn't you just make it a chocolate cake with white letters now?
No time to order new frosting!
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #2051
AshiusX
ashiusx.wordpress.com

Did you watch Decade yet? I could have sworn you reviewed it but I can't find the reviews anymore.