Home Menu

Menu


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2018, 10:08 AM #701
TheTerrorToad87's Avatar
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,355
eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....
TheTerrorToad87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,355
eBay



I envision it will be lots of dudes in shorts and power rangers t shirts.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 10:35 AM #702
> hasbro_primo
Primo of Power
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 75,009
hasbro_primo
Primo of Power
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 75,009



aquawaldo wrote: View Post

So is anyone planning on going to the Angel Grove Prom? And what are you wearing?
I'll be young Elvis. You can be old Elvis.
hasbro_primo is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 01:17 PM #703
GrandDelusion's Avatar
> GrandDelusion
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 22
GrandDelusion
Power Ranger
GrandDelusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 22



Hey, this is going to be my first Morphicon and I had a couple questions. Firstly, do they post how much each actor will charge for autographs somewhere, and secondly, how crowded is it on Saturday and how long could I talk to an actor? Lastly, is it okay to ask permission to take pictures with actors at their autograph table? I'll also be happy to accept any convention tips to not be an awkward loser, thanks!

Last edited by GrandDelusion; June 14th, 2018 at 01:41 PM.
GrandDelusion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 01:43 PM #704
Realm's Avatar
> Realm
official PMC staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,063
Realm
official PMC staff
Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,063



GrandDelusion wrote: View Post

Hey, this is going to be my first Morphicon and I had a couple questions. Firstly, do they post how much each actor will charge for autographs somewhere, and secondly, how crowded is it on Saturday and how long could I talk to an actor? I'll also be happy to accept any convention tips to not be an awkward loser, thanks!
All guests will have a price list or some listings on their merchandise at their booth. It's hard to have an official price list as some guests have never done a convention and tend to wait at the last minute prior to the show to determine what to charge.

Saturday is the main day for any event, which means more foot traffic, since some guests are Saturday only. The venue is a lot bigger than the previous venue, so there is plenty of room and space to walk and breathe. Depending on who you plan to meet as far as guests go, will determine how long you may be able to speak to them, but most put in effort to make time, seeing as how some don't do as many shows as others. The number of people in line will also help determine that as well.

Q & A panels will also be going on at the same time, so that will factor in on who's on the show floor versus being on stage for a panel. So if the guest you wish to meet is not there, please feel free to come back and at the same time, make your way to those on the show floor to make the most of your time at the event.

FYI, some guests will take credit/debit cards, but I always recommend having cash if possible. I'm not sure if the hotels have an ATM machine, so if possible, please plan ahead and make time to head to your bank prior to the event. The ones that accept credit/debit are the ones that do a lot of these trade shows.

Safe travels!
Realm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 02:17 PM #705
GrandDelusion's Avatar
> GrandDelusion
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 22
GrandDelusion
Power Ranger
GrandDelusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 22



Realm wrote: View Post

*snip*
Thanks, I was also considering going on Sunday and I'm only able to make one day, is one day better over the other? I was worried that Sunday may have less panels or events because it's one hour shorter and the ticket is cheaper. Also, where do you find out if actors are only available certain days?
GrandDelusion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 02:28 PM #706
Andros's Avatar
> Andros
Burajira
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 556
1
Andros
Burajira
Andros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 556
1



Does anyone know if there will be a PMC live for those of us who cant go? I would love to see professional good audio recordings of the panels and the showroom floor.
Andros is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 02:42 PM #707
Realm's Avatar
> Realm
official PMC staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,063
Realm
official PMC staff
Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,063



GrandDelusion wrote: View Post

Thanks, I was also considering going on Sunday and I'm only able to make one day, is one day better over the other? I was worried that Sunday may have less panels or events because it's one hour shorter and the ticket is cheaper. Also, where do you find out if actors are only available certain days?
Their promos will say Saturday or Sunday only on them. The captions should also indicate that as well. I will update this soon with a general list of who is limited as far as appearing at the show.

Andros wrote: View Post

Does anyone know if there will be a PMC live for those of us who cant go? I would love to see professional good audio recordings of the panels and the showroom floor.
At this time, the only one confirmed to live stream from Power Morphicon is Shout! Factory, who is expected to live stream some of the panels if not all and live from the main exhibit hall as well.

GrandDelusion wrote: View Post

Thanks, I was also considering going on Sunday and I'm only able to make one day, is one day better over the other? I was worried that Sunday may have less panels or events because it's one hour shorter and the ticket is cheaper. Also, where do you find out if actors are only available certain days?
Saturday is the main day of any event, but we try to hold some panels to Sunday that would encourage attendees to come back. I'm not sure where we are just yet with programming as we still have pending guests to officially confirm, but it's definitely worth attending, not as busy as Saturday for foot traffic, so it works out for meeting guests and getting to certain panels.
Realm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2018, 04:25 PM #708
TyrannoRanger's Avatar
> TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,572
TyrannoRanger
Power Ranger
TyrannoRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,572



aquawaldo wrote: View Post

So is anyone planning on going to the Angel Grove Prom? And what are you wearing?
I am. Just to converse with fellow Power Rangers fans. My friends never want to talk about PR lol

I thought I'd take a button up. I don't have fancy clothes. Got my interview button up lol
TyrannoRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2018, 02:25 PM #709
RitoRevolto's Avatar
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,230
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
RitoRevolto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,230



GrandDelusion wrote: View Post

Hey, this is going to be my first Morphicon and I had a couple questions. Firstly, do they post how much each actor will charge for autographs somewhere, and secondly, how crowded is it on Saturday and how long could I talk to an actor? Lastly, is it okay to ask permission to take pictures with actors at their autograph table? I'll also be happy to accept any convention tips to not be an awkward loser, thanks!
All the guests will have prices posted at their tables--to my knowledge, there's no compendium online of said prices. Generally, signings will run you $20-30, though. Not all guests will take cards--I remember Mike Ginn a couple cons ago rocking a Square cardreader--but you can never go wrong with cash. If your debit card has an Allpoint logo, free ATMs are at the Walgreens and CVS nearby.

There's no reference point for exactly how crowded it'll be, since it hasn't been at Anaheim before, but business is going to be fairly brisk Saturday. Regardless, be cognizant that other people want to talk to these people, want to get autographs from these people. They are entitled to that as much as you are, so you shouldn't monopolize guests' time.

It's OK if they say it's OK. However, the convention will offer official photo-op sessions. Those will run you some coin, depending on the nature of the shoot (one actor, two actors, full casts, etc.).

Last edited by RitoRevolto; June 15th, 2018 at 02:30 PM.
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2018, 06:10 PM #710
GrandDelusion's Avatar
> GrandDelusion
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 22
GrandDelusion
Power Ranger
GrandDelusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 22



RitoRevolto wrote: View Post

*snip*
That was very helpful, thanks! I was thinking 1-2 minutes of chat. I've never been to a convention with actors before so this will be cool!
GrandDelusion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2018, 04:35 PM #711
RitoRevolto's Avatar
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,230
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
RitoRevolto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,230



Just booked my flights. Just gotta secure my BWI hotel (me and my madcap travel plans), rental car and figure out where I’m staying the Sunday after PMC. (Flying out the day after to hang with family and leisurely take in Los Angeles.)

That the flight back is a United award gave me an excuse to say “yes, I’ll take this bundle with a free checked bag, lounge access, legroom and priority boarding.”
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 03:24 PM #712
Gunpla Rider's Avatar
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,515
Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider
Gunpla Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,515



Out of guests I hope for. Im hoping Ryan Carter will be there.
Gunpla Rider is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 09:17 PM #713
TheTerrorToad87's Avatar
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,355
eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....
TheTerrorToad87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,355
eBay



I wonder when/If they'll post a link for discount Disney tickets.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2018, 07:15 AM #714
Zeddykins's Avatar
> ⚡Zeddykins
FACEPALM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,160
32
Zeddykins
FACEPALM
Zeddykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,160
32



We got both Katrina’s? Score. I loved them in Ninja Storm.
Zeddykins is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 07:42 AM #715
Andros's Avatar
> Andros
Burajira
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 556
1
Andros
Burajira
Andros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 556
1



Why cant I upgrade my registration to Non-Attending in the Regonline site? I got on to add the Black and Gold Figure and a PMC coin. But I can't seem to change from attending to Non attending.
Andros is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 08:20 AM #716
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,056
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,056
eBay



Is the Exclusive POP already sold-out? I want to add one to my non-attending package, but it only gives me the option for a POP protector, not the POP itself.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 08:36 AM #717
RitoRevolto's Avatar
> RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,230
RitoRevolto
Bumbling henchposter
RitoRevolto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 12,230



GoldAnyRanger wrote: View Post

Is the Exclusive POP already sold-out? I want to add one to my non-attending package, but it only gives me the option for a POP protector, not the POP itself.
It'll be available on the registration site at 9 AM Pacific
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 01:09 PM #718
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,056
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,056
eBay



$40? Guess I wont be adding it after all.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2018, 09:51 PM #719
GreenRanger121490's Avatar
> GreenRanger121490
Power Ranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 612
GreenRanger121490
Power Ranger
GreenRanger121490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 612



Does anybody know if I buy a non attending badge with 2 figures, will I be charged right away or will I be charged once my stuff ships after the show?
GreenRanger121490 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2018, 04:07 AM #720
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
> GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,056
eBay
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,056
eBay



GreenRanger121490 wrote: View Post

Does anybody know if I buy a non attending badge with 2 figures, will I be charged right away or will I be charged once my stuff ships after the show?
I was charged right away for my Non-Attending package, which included a con t-shirt, but no figures. So, with figures, it would probably be the same way.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Post Reply

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® / Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 

Connect







 

Design

    RangerBoard designs are exclusive to Members.
    Please login to access all available designs.