Menu

Old March 28th, 2018, 08:56 AM #541
> bearytrek
Power Ranger

bearytrek
Power Ranger

Ankh Primo wrote: View Post

There will be one this year.
After that, no one knows. (Which has been true of every subsequent Morphicon from the beginning.)
i wonder what HasCon will have as far as a Power Ranger presence...certainly that would be the only convention that will have exclusive toys in the future...

the_future_zordon wrote: View Post

Do you know if there are any anime stores near the convention center?
it's been a decade since I've been to that convention center but I swear there was a fairly large comic book store a number of blocks down the street the center is on...within walking distance certainly...
bearytrek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2018, 01:49 PM #542
> DoctorMcFly
TriceraWolf

DoctorMcFly
TriceraWolf

PopCultureLover06 wrote: View Post

A couple of years ago, this was very unlikely of her, it's amazing how she is becoming part of the convention circuit now.

if she does indeed go, I have a feeling it will be a late announcement, as in near towards the end, as was said before, more than half of the guest announcements, most likely, won't be until May-June.

I hope this is the year she finally attends PMC, but as I said before, it won't disappoint me that much because I finally got to meet her last year, had to go to my first out of state convention in order for that to happen, but it was worth it, but it also makes me kick myself for not traveling to out of state conventions earlier, because then I feel I would have met this other famous person already, you already know who he is, won't bother to mention his name again. But that other famous person, and Amy Jo Johnson, neither of them have done a convention in California yet, it seems they mostly do shows, Cons, in the Eastern Region, and that other famous person is an L.A. resident, which makes it more disappointing and frustrating, with Amy it's more understandable since she lives in Canada now.

Back to Amy Jo, if she does decline PMC again this year, I guess it would show that Power Rangers Exclusive Conventions are still out of the question for her, I guess that would mean Rangerstop as well is not an option for her either.

But ya there are plenty of Cons in California that Amy can attend besides PMC, so it makes me wonder why no Convention in California has been able to get Amy to attend yet, such as SDCC, WonderCon, Stan Lee's LA Comic-Con, San Francisco Comic-Con, etc.

Another guest who would make it worthwhile is Patricia Ja Lee, she's the only member of Power Rangers in Space that hasn't done Morphicon yet, and the only In Space Ranger I haven't met yet, I know she attended Anime Expo like a decade ago but she hasn't been back to a convention since, I'm hoping she didn't have a negative Fan Experience like TLC did at Morphicon 2010 or fan stalkers like Amy did.
I don't know why AJJ hasn't done any California conventions, but I would have to guess it's a contractual thing.
DoctorMcFly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2018, 05:32 PM #543
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

Back to Amy Jo, if she does decline PMC again this year, I guess it would show that Power Rangers Exclusive Conventions are still out of the question for her, I guess that would mean Rangerstop as well is not an option for her either.
I fail to see the logic of this. If she's not here, it could be for any of a number of justifiable reasons, the simplest being she simply is busy.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2018, 06:54 PM #544
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

I fail to see the logic of this. If she's not here, it could be for any of a number of justifiable reasons, the simplest being she simply is busy.
ya like I said, it won't disappoint me as much since I finally met her last year, but I kinda sympathize with fans in California who haven't met her yet, since there are also plenty of Cons in California Amy can attend besides Morphicon, and since she hasn't done a single convention in California yet, is odd especially with the way she has been part of the Con circuit now and since California has the highest population of all the 50 states.

When you said you fail to see the logic in this, what I mean is that, all of the Cons Amy has attended so far are just regular Comic Con conventions, or Fan Cons, they aren't PR-exclusive Cons like Morphicon and Rangerstop.

As for a contractual thing, since i'm a fan, I don't understand or know how the business works when it comes to getting a guest to attend a show, convention.
PopCultureLover06 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2018, 07:09 AM #545
> DungeonDragon
Power Ranger

DungeonDragon
Power Ranger

Last year I purchased the Blue Ranger pass to have the exclusive mailed to me and nothing showed up. This was the first time I did anything with the con. Was that a presale for this year?
DungeonDragon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2018, 12:46 PM #546
> ⚡Dukemon

Dukemon

DungeonDragon wrote: View Post

Last year I purchased the Blue Ranger pass to have the exclusive mailed to me and nothing showed up. This was the first time I did anything with the con. Was that a presale for this year?
That would be for this year's Morphicon. That won't be sent out to you until August. But you are required to purchase the exclusive on top of the cost of the pass. It's not automatically added to your cart.
Dukemon is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2018, 08:50 AM #547
> DoctorMcFly
TriceraWolf

DoctorMcFly
TriceraWolf

Dukemon wrote: View Post

That would be for this year's Morphicon. That won't be sent out to you until August. But you are required to purchase the exclusive on top of the cost of the pass. It's not automatically added to your cart.
I'll go ahead and add that it won't be sent out until after PMC. I'd guess sometime in early September.

Do you know if there are any anime stores near the convention center?
There's a hobby shop (or at least was) at Anaheim Garden Walk that had some anime merch last time I was there but I wouldn't go as far as to call it an Anime shop. If you're driving (or willing to pay for an Uber/Lyft) you can head to Little Tokyo near Downtown L.A., there you can find Anime Jungle, along with a bunch of other Japanese shops. The distance from Downtown Disney and Little Tokyo is roughly 26 miles and can take you about 40 minutes or so depending on traffic.
If you choose to do that, make a day out of it. There's plenty to do in the area and there's a bunch of great food spots.

Last edited by DoctorMcFly; March 30th, 2018 at 08:50 AM.
DoctorMcFly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2018, 01:31 PM #548
> MightyMorphin28
Power Ranger

eBay
MightyMorphin28
Power Ranger

eBay

A couple of years ago, this was very unlikely of her, it's amazing how she is becoming part of the convention circuit now.

if she does indeed go, I have a feeling it will be a late announcement, as in near towards the end, as was said before, more than half of the guest announcements, most likely, won't be until May-June.

I hope this is the year she finally attends PMC, but as I said before, it won't disappoint me that much because I finally got to meet her last year, had to go to my first out of state convention in order for that to happen, but it was worth it, but it also makes me kick myself for not traveling to out of state conventions earlier, because then I feel I would have met this other famous person already, you already know who he is, won't bother to mention his name again. But that other famous person, and Amy Jo Johnson, neither of them have done a convention in California yet, it seems they mostly do shows, Cons, in the Eastern Region, and that other famous person is an L.A. resident, which makes it more disappointing and frustrating, with Amy it's more understandable since she lives in Canada now.

But ya there are plenty of Cons in California that Amy can attend besides PMC, so it makes me wonder why no Convention in California has been able to get Amy to attend yet, such as SDCC, WonderCon, Stan Lee's LA Comic-Con, San Francisco Comic-Con, etc.

Another guest who would make it worthwhile is Patricia Ja Lee, she's the only member of Power Rangers in Space that hasn't done Morphicon yet, and the only In Space Ranger I haven't met yet, I know she attended Anime Expo like a decade ago but she hasn't been back to a convention since, I'm hoping she didn't have a negative Fan Experience like TLC did at Morphicon 2010 or fan stalkers like Amy did.
If Amy Jo Johnson doesn't go then maybe there is still some animosity between her and Saban. I think there is definitely something up with Patricia Ja Lee. She's kind of disappeared. Something might've happened at the Anime Expo or she doesn't like being associated with Power Rangers.
MightyMorphin28 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2018, 03:01 PM #549
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

MightyMorphin28 wrote: View Post

If Amy Jo Johnson doesn't go then maybe there is still some animosity between her and Saban. I think there is definitely something up with Patricia Ja Lee. She's kind of disappeared. Something might've happened at the Anime Expo or she doesn't like being associated with Power Rangers.
Well Patricia Ja Lee did return for the Megaforce team up, so I wouldn't think that she doesn't want to be associated, but yeah it's possible she could have had a negative fan encounter.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:45 AM #550
> Mugenhunt
Official PMC Staff

Mugenhunt
Official PMC Staff

Hey guys. Once again, it's Peter, the head of programming for PMC. Yesterday I had a really cool April Fools prank planned, but we ended going in a different direction for our annual April Fools announcement.

But, why let my work go to waste? Here is the "Accidentally leaked panel schedule." Most of this is fake, but a few of these might actually come to fruition. Hopefully people get to laugh a bit.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Thanks.
Mugenhunt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 01:11 PM #551
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

I still need people for my room. Im staying at the Desert Palms. 8 minute walk from the con center. 4 nights. If I get the amount im planning on, the people who stay with me will only have to pay around 165 total
Gunpla Rider is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:28 PM #552
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

What kind of room did you get and how many people are you expecting to cram into it? The breakfast looks good.
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 03:11 AM #553
> SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!

eBay

Mugenhunt wrote: View Post

Most of this is fake, but a few of these might actually come to fruition.
Cute. Some of those make the "Kidd Video reunion concert" we very nearly organized at PMC2 seem plausible!
SirStack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2018, 09:13 AM #554
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

TheTerrorToad87 wrote: View Post

What kind of room did you get and how many people are you expecting to cram into it? The breakfast looks good.
Its a normal room, 2 queens. Im expected to have between 4 and 5 five in the room completely myself included
Old April 3rd, 2018, 12:31 PM #555
> TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay
TheTerrorToad87
Mmm...Power Rangers....

eBay

Its a normal room, 2 queens. Im expected to have between 4 and 5 five in the room completely myself included
Well that sounds awful lol
TheTerrorToad87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2018, 05:57 PM #556
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

There will be a couch and other stuff to sleep on. Not only that. I will be getting a roll away bed. And it is close to the con center, not to mention its a con. I dont sleep much at those
Old April 4th, 2018, 06:12 PM #557
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

LOL. if you are looking for a room to relax and get away from the con for a bit and have a peaceful, comfortable night sleep, a room like future zordon is offering is not for you.

I've done the packed rooms before. They are great for hanging with friends, meeting new friends, and partying well beyond normal con hours. Adequate sleep will will be forfeited for the cheap rooming prices
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2018, 06:36 PM #558
> Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

Gunpla Rider
VIP Rider

OmegaRangerRed wrote: View Post

LOL. if you are looking for a room to relax and get away from the con for a bit and have a peaceful, comfortable night sleep, a room like future zordon is offering is not for you.

I've done the packed rooms before. They are great for hanging with friends, meeting new friends, and partying well beyond normal con hours. Adequate sleep will will be forfeited for the cheap rooming prices
Well like I said, 4 to 5 people max will be in the room. Though I may not even get that many, so there is a chance that you could get a nice relaxing sleep
Old April 5th, 2018, 12:41 PM #559
> PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

PopCultureLover06
Power Ranger

MightyMorphin28 wrote: View Post

I feel tempted to disagree about Amy having animosity towards Saban, because if that was truly the case, then she would not have made that cameo appearance in last year's PR movie.

As for Patricia Ja Lee, she returned for the Megaforce team up in 2014, if she wanted nothing to do with Power Rangers then I doubt she would have returned for that, although we probably will never know for sure, it's more likely she could have had a negative Fan Experience or negative fan encounter at Anime Expo, which was the last ever convention appearance she did back in 2009.
Old April 8th, 2018, 03:38 PM #560
> Finlaena
Strange Magic

Finlaena
Strange Magic

I shared a room with some friends during SDCC back in 2013. It wouldn't have been so bad with just the four of us, but then we ended up adding on about 3-4 more people for a night or two. And, no, we didn't let hotel staff know, either. Granted, the room was a suite, but by Sunday morning (the day I had to leave), it looked like a bomb went off in there and it was a huge mess.

And then there was ECCC, where we had 4 people in the room, too. It was not a very huge hotel room, either.

Needless to say, there's a reason why when I go to cons nowadays, I only go with my sister.
Finlaena is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
bring deodorant, morphicon 6, wear deodorant