Home Menu

Menu

Old May 4th, 2016, 08:28 PM #1741
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade

OscLar37 wrote: View Post

i am having trouble posting replies and posting in general did something happen or did i forget to do something
You're new, you have limited access. Your posts are also scanned by the Anti-Spam system. So if you're attempting to spam to 10 posts, it may be preventing you as well.

If you're here for Marketplace / Merchandise Discussion, you need to reach 10 posts without spamming before you can gain access there.
Decade is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2016, 11:23 AM #1742
> Tenaya Sevenson
The Reformed One

Tenaya Sevenson
The Reformed One

Hey! I was searching for The Vampire Diaries thread but found none. Doesn't this forum have a TVD thread. Is it ok for someone qho is not a staffto create a thread for that?
Tenaya Sevenson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2016, 11:33 AM #1743
> MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

MegaBlue
Let's Rocket!

If there's not an existing thread, then anybody(*) can create one. I created the Disney Cable 2013 thread that we still use for general Disney Channel/XD things. I'm sure there's probably a post limit that you need to have before you can start creating threads, but one thing that's generally frowned upon is starting a sentence/thought with your thread title and finishing it in your post, or just starting a thread with "What do you think?" as the leading post. You always want to start with content.

That being said, there already is an Originals/TVD thread:
http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...ampire+Diaries
MegaBlue is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2016, 11:33 AM #1744
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Tenaya Sevenson wrote: View Post

Hey! I was searching for The Vampire Diaries thread but found none. Doesn't this forum have a TVD thread. Is it ok for someone qho is not a staffto create a thread for that?
http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthrea...hlight=vampire

It was the first hit on the search. But I had to use the advance function to do it, which is fairly easy to use. You click the advance link in the search window, it gives you a bunch of options from there. But the easiest way to use it is to go to the Search by Keyword option and then set it to "Thread title". Usually it helps to also select the forum you are specifically looking for as well if you still get a lot of options burying your choice.

Generally speaking, there's probably a thread for everything by now, if you search it and it hasn't been used in a year, feel free to open a new thread for the topic as that will most likely start a fresh conversation.

The rule says only staff can make an "Official" thread, like how this is an official forum question thread.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2016, 01:01 PM #1745
> MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

Hi! I'm new here, and I'd like to show some of the Power Ranger fanart I've drawn! Would that go under the Fanfiction discussion forum?
MagnaChipster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 12:23 AM #1746
> AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

AkaPrimoKanyeWest
Deneb Candy Striper

MagnaChipster wrote: View Post

I'd like to show some of the Power Ranger fanart I've drawn! Would that go under the Fanfiction discussion forum?
Our Power Rangers fan art thread is here.

http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=122138
AkaPrimoKanyeWest is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 05:31 PM #1747
> MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

Primo Ron White wrote: View Post

Our Power Rangers fan art thread is here.

http://www.RangerBoard.com/showthread.php?t=122138
Awesome, thank you!
MagnaChipster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 02:08 PM #1748
> CardCollector
Power Ranger

CardCollector
Power Ranger

I have a quick question: I am new to the forums, and it says that trades are forbidden but can be done through Paypal with an agreed amount. It also says that 1-2 cards can be traded without going through Paypal. So when I do get the ability to post in marketplace do I not have to use Paypal if I only plan on trading cards?
CardCollector is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 02:53 PM #1749
> ϟDecade

Decade

CardCollector wrote: View Post

I have a quick question: I am new to the forums, and it says that trades are forbidden but can be done through Paypal with an agreed amount. It also says that 1-2 cards can be traded without going through Paypal. So when I do get the ability to post in marketplace do I not have to use Paypal if I only plan on trading cards?
You have to use Paypal.

The 1-2 card exception is only for members with the veteran tags. As a new member of RangerBoard, you don't have the tag.
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:18 PM #1750
> CardCollector
Power Ranger

CardCollector
Power Ranger

Thanks for your help! So how do I acquire a veteran tag? I see a thread for requesting them and I understand it's based on how many deals I have done. Is the tag given automatically after a set number of successful deals? Do I post in the aforementioned thread requesting one after I do a few trades? This may sound like an odd a question, but do I still have to use PayPal even if I agree to send out my cards first and only to established members? I have traded online on various sites before (MTG, Pokemon, Funkos, etc.) and I have never seen this PayPal trading system so I am trying to understand it better.
Old June 24th, 2016, 04:22 PM #1751
> ϟDecade

Decade

Thanks for your help! So how do I acquire a veteran tag? I see a thread for requesting them and I understand it's based on how many deals I have done. Is the tag given automatically after a set number of successful deals? Do I post in the aforementioned thread requesting one after I do a few trades? This may sound like an odd a question, but do I still have to use PayPal even if I agree to send out my cards first and only to established members? I have traded online on various sites before (MTG, Pokemon, Funkos, etc.) and I have never seen this PayPal trading system so I am trying to understand stand it better.
You have to first build a reputation here, then you can post requesting one. We decide on a user to user basis.

You have to use Paypal if you are dealing with cards over 2 per transaction, if you or the other person lacks the Veteran Tag.

So, if you have it, and the other person does not - it must be done as a sale with PayPal.

The PayPal "trading" system just means you're buying cards from someone, and you're selling your own. It's that simple.
Old June 24th, 2016, 08:25 PM #1752
> CardCollector
Power Ranger

CardCollector
Power Ranger

I got it. My last question: When I do get the ability to post in the classifieds can I only post Power Ranger items for sale/trade? If I wanted to for instance trade Pokemon cards for Power Ranger cards is that an option? Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.
Old June 24th, 2016, 11:04 PM #1753
> ϟDecade

Decade

I got it. My last question: When I do get the ability to post in the classifieds can I only post Power Ranger items for sale/trade? If I wanted to for instance trade Pokemon cards for Power Ranger cards is that an option? Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.
Once you exceed the 10 posts count without spamming. There's an automated process that will upgrade your access. You may have to wait 15-30 minutes for it after obtaining 10 posts.

You can sell anything you want.

Please stop using the term "Trade", I've mentioned several times already, trading isn't allowed. And you won't be able to gain the exception for a long while.
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:56 PM #1754
> CardCollector
Power Ranger

CardCollector
Power Ranger

I understand I am sorry if I did anything wrong.

I do have another slight issue, whenever I try to reply to my introduction thread it says that my message has been blocked for spam. Did I do something wrong? Was posting an introduction topic bad? I made a point to use the forum search to see if people did that sort of thing and I found quite a few.
Old June 25th, 2016, 11:04 PM #1755
> ϟDecade

Decade

I understand I am sorry if I did anything wrong.

I do have another slight issue, whenever I try to reply to my introduction thread it says that my message has been blocked for spam. Did I do something wrong? Was posting an introduction topic bad? I made a point to use the forum search to see if people did that sort of thing and I found quite a few.
Certain words & phrases are scanned and blocked as spam for new users.

It's an anti-spam method.

It could be something as simple as "I like that", or "That's cool".

Review what you wrote, and work towards rephrasing certain sentences.

Posting Email addresses is also immediately blocked as spam. Because that's commonly what spambots do.
Old July 6th, 2016, 09:59 PM #1756
> andrewdozo808
Power Ranger

eBay
andrewdozo808
Power Ranger

eBay

I uploaded a profile photo but it is not showing up next to my name in replies/threads. Is this because I'm new? Or did I do something wrong?
andrewdozo808 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 10:05 PM #1757
> timegold
Destroyer of Particles

timegold
Destroyer of Particles

andrewdozo808 wrote: View Post

I uploaded a profile photo but it is not showing up next to my name in replies/threads. Is this because I'm new? Or did I do something wrong?
Do you mean an avatar? That is separate from the profile picture.

Under "User CP", look on the left column for "Edit Avatar" under "Settings & Options". You can then upload a picture to there.
timegold is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 10:07 PM #1758
> ⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

andrewdozo808 wrote: View Post

Welcome to the board.
The picture under usernames on posts are actually avatars. What you've uploaded is a profile picture which only displays on your user profile page. To upload and avatar that displays in your posts, you need to go to the "Edit Avatar" section of your User CP.
Morgan Lamia is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2016, 11:03 AM #1759
> CardCollector
Power Ranger

CardCollector
Power Ranger

I have a quick question. In the Marketplace should I post separate threads for what I am selling and what I am looking for? Or do I post them all in the same thread?
Old July 7th, 2016, 11:27 AM #1760
> ⚡OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay
OmegaRangerRed

32 eBay

I have a quick question. In the Marketplace should I post separate threads for what I am selling and what I am looking for? Or do I post them all in the same thread?
It is preferred to make a single sales thread instead of multiples. Making a separate wanted thread is fine too, just not something for each item individually.
OmegaRangerRed is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
faq, questions, tags r 4 vips :)