RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Administration > Announcements
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old June 17th, 2017, 09:24 PM   #1381
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
Perhaps. But, it is still accessible via "New Posts" at the top of every thread, thus bookmarkable.
No, it's not. Because Member Support only works by threads YOU make. If you were always on that new posts page, you would have never known about it.

New Posts only shows active threads, to you, it's "Never Posted" in because you didn't make a thread there.

Now that you've browsed to it, and I saw that you did, you probably bookmarked it.

That being said, that's really your call to browse the way you want. But it doesn't entirely mean how you're navigating is efficient either.

Having to go through bookmarks to find the page is no different than knowing where the links are on the board. To access the Archives to view the past, to access Member Support to reach out, etc.
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:35 PM   #1382
wizard
Shit Poster

Then, how is it that I can go to the top of every thread that I see and see "New Posts"? O.o

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. I have always browsed by New Posts because I want to see the new posts since the last time I visited. No different than how I always browse Facebook by New Posts rather than their Top Posts. I like seeing everything in chronological order. New Posts shows all threads that have posts since the last time I visited, and denoted the threads that I posted in with a blip on the thread icon

What are we fighting about?
wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:38 PM   #1383
ϟDecade

Quote:
Then, how is it that I can go to the top of every thread that I see and see "New Posts"? O.o

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. I have always browsed by New Posts because I want to see the new posts since the last time I visited. No different than how I always browse Facebook by New Posts rather than their Top Posts. New Posts shows all threads that have posts since the last time I visited, and denoted the threads that I posted in with a blip on the thread icon https://www.rangerboard.com/images/s...ad_dot_new.gif
I don't think we are. I'm referring to the "Member Support" section, in which you responded with: But, it is still accessible via "New Posts" at the top of every thread, thus bookmarkable.

Sections and threads show up in New Post, only if a new post has been made. But the section has been set up so users can only see their own threads. There are currently 41 threads there.

But you should be able to see none of them, because you're not the thread maker.

So what I understood was, you're telling me you could have gotten to Member Support section from the New Posts page, then bookmarking it from there. But how? If new threads aren't made by you for staff to respond to, it wouldn't appear there.

Then if we're talking about clicking a bunch of things - opening book marks, finding the ones you're accessing, that's no different.
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:40 PM   #1384
wizard
Shit Poster

You are correct, I cannot see them. I was talking about the user name color

I am 99% certain that my username was the default link color, not brown, before a few days ago.
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:41 PM   #1385
ϟDecade

Quote:
You are correct, I cannot see them. I was talking about the user name color
https://d3vv6lp55qjaqc.cloudfront.ne...39.32%20PM.png

I am 99% certain that my username was the default link color, not brown, before a few days ago.
You've been brown since we began the VIP colors.

EDIT: Misread, that I get.

What bothers me about New Posts, is the way it puts them all in 1 page, and you can't filter without going to each section. And if since I'm doing that anyway, it's no different than accessing each section from the home page than your "New Posts" page.

Only difference is, I get more information from the home page; active users in every section, the online info, etc.
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:44 PM   #1386
wizard
Shit Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decade View Post
What bothers me about New Posts, is the way it puts them all in 1 page, and you can't filter without going to each section. And if since I'm doing that anyway, it's no different than accessing each section from the home page than your "New Posts" page.

Only difference is, I get more information from the home page; active users in every section, the online info, etc.
I see. I personally like how all of the sections are combined. I want to be able to see everything that happens on this site chronologically. I am weird like that, I admit.

There definitely more info on the home page, but, to be honest, not pertinent to me. I know how that can be beneficial to staff members, however.
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:58 PM   #1387
ϟDecade

Quote:
I see. I personally like how all of the sections are combined. I want to be able to see everything that happens on this site chronologically. I am weird like that, I admit.

There definitely more info on the home page, but, to be honest, not pertinent to me. I know how that can be beneficial to staff members, however.
I go by sections; so I want to view everything in Discussions, Merchandise or Market. The filtering tools are in each one, so I have to go there anyway so I can filter by prefixes.
Old June 19th, 2017, 09:17 AM   #1388
⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

eBay
At the risk of brownnosing, I really wish there was a way for people to realise just how much effort you have put into developing the forum. Your work is definitely appreciated.
Sadsmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 11:49 PM   #1389
Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay
Decade, question about the avatars.

I just noticed that VIP2's have colored blocks where their avatar and information is, like your's, as an administrator, is red.

How does one obtain that? I checked the FAQ, the VIP lounge (not thoroughly, I might add) and I can't figure out how to get that feature activated.

Here's an image of what I currently see. The colors on the VIP/Mod/Admin part were like mine just yesterday. Imagine my confusion.... lol

Last edited by Autobot032; June 20th, 2017 at 12:01 AM.
Autobot032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2017, 11:51 PM   #1390
ϟDecade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot032 View Post
Decade, question about the avatars.

I just noticed that VIP2's have colored blocks where their avatar and information is, like your's, as an administrator, is red.

How does one obtain that? I checked the FAQ, the VIP lounge (not thoroughly, I might add) and I can't figure out how to get that feature activated.
Mentioned here:

Quote:
Officially? No way. It's still in test drive.

Unofficially? Random thread in VIP Lounge.
Basically, people have just been asking for it in the Random thread.
Old June 20th, 2017, 12:01 AM   #1391
Autobot032
VIP Rider

eBay
Quote:
Mentioned here:

Basically, people have just been asking for it in the Random thread.
Ah. Gotcha. I'll go check it out. Thanks!
Autobot032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 04:18 AM   #1392
DekaRed
#GavanBromance

I'm not sure whether this is a board issue, or a "me" issue, but for a few weeks now, and only on RB, I'm getting the current page constantly reloading.

This can get very annoying when I'm done reading a page, I click back and nothing happens. Quite often there's not enough pages in cache to get back to before the current page, and I have to shut the tab and open a fresh RB tab.
DekaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 08:32 AM   #1393
ϟDecade

That's likely a DNS issue on your end.

If you're tech savvy enough to change your DNS on the Router level (best to affect all devices connected to WiFi/LAN), read this page:
https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
Old June 30th, 2017, 02:07 PM   #1394
DekaRed
#GavanBromance

Thanks Decade. I changed my router settings to the IPv4 version, so far so good.
DekaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2017, 02:19 PM   #1395
ϟDecade

Yeah, Google's DNS is fast.

By default, you should have been using your Internet Service Provider's. And the quality of the DNS service varies between each providers. Some are horrible.
Old July 6th, 2017, 05:02 PM   #1396
DiEnd
true, true

32 eBay
Is there a place to check how much longer I have left on my VIP membership?
DiEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2017, 05:16 PM   #1397
ϟDecade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiEnd View Post
Is there a place to check how much longer I have left on my VIP membership?
The Paid Subscriptions part of your User CP, here's the link:
https://www.rangerboard.com/payments.php

Your VIP2 expired on October 19, 2016. And your VIP1 will expire on January 4th, 2034.
Old July 7th, 2017, 05:04 AM   #1398
DiEnd
true, true

32 eBay
Very cool, thank you
DiEnd is offline   Reply With Quote