RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > FanFiction
Register Rules/FAQ VIP Membership Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Old December 22nd, 2016, 06:50 PM   #1
wildcats54
Power Ranger

My rendition of Power Rangers 2017

I posted this earlier but in the wrong thread.

Power Rangers 2017

Based off recent information about the movie, I have several ideas on how to make all parties happy. I am excited and will see the movie regardless, but I think they’re going too far away from the original show to make it ‘different’ because of this, I have figured out a way to make everyone happy. Before I get to my version of the movie, I have listed the information that everyone seems to have accepted as truth about the movie.

Recent (rumored) information:
- Saban’s "Power Rangers" follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat.
- Rangers are drawn from the free planets. They're the best and most disciplined, having been chosen from billions and taught from the time they were children
- Elizabeth Banks' Rita Repulsa is 65 million years old and is a former Green Ranger gone rogue.
- Bryan Cranston's Zordon was the original Red Ranger millions of years ago, long before being transformed into a state of pure energy.
- Bill Hader's Alpha 5 is a robot with a supple metallic body and is able to mutate into different designs to maximize his role.
- Putties will make an appearance in "Power Rangers" in a scene where Rita Repulsa is trying to steal gold bullion from the Central Bank of Russia. Five Putties made of stone in a later scene challenge the Rangers.
- Goldar's molecular essence is scattered around the globe after he was vaporized into a cloud of microscopic gold particles in the opening action sequence on Ancient Earth. Rita Repulsa collects gold to resurrect Goldar... and the Rangers have just 71 hours to stop her.
- The Zeo Crystal is protected by a force field. Anything that comes in contact with it is vaporized. Goldar was created with a single purpose -- to penetrate the force field and steal the crystal.
- The Zeo Crystal is an artifact that channels the Morphing Grid -- a dimension that weaves through all things and what gives the "Power Rangers" their power. The crystal was hidden on Earth to keep it out of the hands of those who would use it as a weapon.
- Rita Repulsa has been trying to deliver the Zeo Crystal to her master, Lord Zedd, for a long time. It would make quite a statement, as he burned half his face off trying to steal it himself.

Based off this information, this is how I would make the movie to make all parties happy:

Start the movie off with a battle. Make it kind of dark so you can’t really see the Rangers suits that good at the beginning but you do know it’s the Rangers. You see them finish off a foe but then suddenly the Green Ranger doesn’t unmorph and attacks the other Rangers. Zordon (the original Red Ranger) knows he can’t save everyone, including himself, so he uses the Zeo Crystal to drain Rita of her Green Ranger powers (and everyone else in the process). This traps her in a frozen like cell. He looks around and sees the rest of his team dead and knows that the only way to protect Earth and the Zeo Crystals is to get Alpha 5’s help and use the 5 Power coins as protection for the command center and using some sort of Ranger magic he uses a Thor-like spell saying ‘only those who are deserving’ or whatever.

Fast forward 65 million years to today and we learn a lot of things about the 5 kids:
Jason is a star Football player who got into a wreck and can’t play ball anymore and thus, his dad makes him go to help kids on Saturday mornings as a way to teach him a lesson.
Bill is a nerd of sorts and volunteers on Saturdays to improve his resume to get into an Ivy League school (he’s bullied by Bulk & Skull).
Zack is a loner. No parents or anything and his grades are being affected as he stays out late and dances at clubs (Hip Hop Kiddo!). He needs to go to Saturday school to graduate to get into an Arts School so he can become a professional dancer.
Kimberly gets a ‘B’ in one of her classes and because she is an ‘A’ student and her parents have high standards, they make her quit cheerleading and go to Saturday school until she gets her grades up.
Trini is a troubled girl who gets cyberbullied and sees no reason to come to school until she’s faced with a choice: either go to Saturday school to graduate or become like her mom and quit school and have work at the local gas station the rest of her life.

On the first day of Saturday school, we hear from the leader/teacher (whose face is not shown) what Saturday school is all about. It’s more than just helping one troubled kid, it’s about making Angel Grove and the world a better place. This person is called Mr. O.

One Way or another, the 5 kids start bonding and become friends. When they all decide to check out what’s going on at this abandoned construction site they come in contact with the Power coins. With Billy’s help, the group manages to make it inside the command center and inadvertently release Rita. With her Green Ranger powers starting to fade, she uses her power coin to help power her staff. She uses her powers to start to put Goldar back together in an effort to retrieve the Zeo Crystals. The new Power Rangers are able to go freely through the Zeo Crystal invisible forcefield (the water scene from the teaser) and learn from Alpha 5 and Zordon (who, over time, has become pure energy and watches over Earth and has been preparing for Rita, Goldar & Zedd). The team has just 71 hours to stop Rita. During this time, they encounter her and her Putties (who find out who the Rangers are and attack them individually and their families – think Jason’s dad). In their battle with Goldar a mysterious Ranger shows up to help them. This Ranger is dressed in White and possesses the White Tigerzord. Jason asks “Who is that and why does his suit have a shield?” to which Zack replies, “I don’t know but he looks awesome!” The team learns from Zordon that over time in his preparation for Rita’s return, he and Alpha created a Leadership White Tigerzord power coin and only the bravest one who possesses the most leadership can power the White Tiger Power Ranger coin. The team still does not know who the White Ranger is as Zordon says the Ranger will reveal himself when he feels the team is ready.

In the final Battle with Goldar and Rita (who has control of the Dragonzord) the Rangers and the Megazord look to be outmatched until the White Tigerzord shows up to help. With the combination of the two zords, they defeat Goldar & Rita. Goldar’s molecules are again scattered across Earth while Rita is sent into a space dumpster far away from Earth. The Rangers finally learn who the White Power Ranger is. It’s none other than Mr. O from Saturday school. A college dropout (now just 21 years old) who has come back to Angel Grove to help make sure others don’t make the same choices he did. He tells the team they don’t have to call him Mr. O anymore but can instead call him by his real name, Tommy Oliver. He tells them he has trained his entire life in the martial arts and is ready to help lead the Rangers if they’re willing. They accept.

The team (all 6) regroups at the Command Center and have sort of a party to celebrate the Rangers victory. The team knows there will be new threats but they’re ready for them. The next shot is our first look at Zedd who is shown as someone looking like a God but with half of his face burned from trying to grab the Zeo Crystals. He does his own rendition of Thanos by saying something along the lines of “fine, I’ll do it myself” and the screen goes black and you see the new Power Rangers logo with the new theme song playing before the credits roll. In a post credits scene, Bulk & Skull are scene trying to help others at an emergency shelter instead of trying to hurt others.

All names/ideas credit to Saban, Power Rangers, Lionsgate, Fox & ABC.

Last edited by wildcats54; December 22nd, 2016 at 07:02 PM.
wildcats54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 10:28 PM   #2
wildcats54
Power Ranger

Another thing that would be cool is if Mr. O (Tommy) had been the White Ranger for the last 5 years or so (since he was a teenager with attitude) and has been protecting Earth and Angle Grove and has been training knowing one day other Rangers will appear and he wants to be the one to lead them. This could be a reason why he dropped out of HS (to focus solely on being a Ranger but probably not).
wildcats54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 09:31 PM   #3
Tybo1086
Power Ranger

It sounds like it could be a fine movie. I do think your characterization will probably be better than what we will get in the movie. The idea that Rita could be a Green Ranger gone rogue makes a lot of sense and if she finds some way to restoring the Green Ranger powers she could be a formidable enemy alongside Zedd. The two were at their strongest together and I hope the movies show this. I would love it if we got the rest of the moon gang like Squatt, Baboo, and Finster, but I ain't stretching it. I remember making my own idea for what episode 7 could have been years before the movie came out, so seeing stuff like this intrigues me. I think you should expand upon this, imo.

Please be sure to check out my story and leave a comment on what you think of it. When you can of course.
Tybo1086 is offline   Reply With Quote